Chart House - Atlantic City
Huron & Brigantine Blvd.
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House - Atlantic City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: (609) 340-5030
- Hours of Operation:
Open for Dinner: Tuesday-Sunday at 4pm
Tuesday-Friday & Sunday 4pm to 7pm - in bar and lounge only.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Rodney Seeberger
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wine
A word from Chart House - Atlantic City
Located in the Golden Nugget Casino, Chart House overlooks picturesque Senator Frank S. Farley Marina. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine & it's not hard to see why this Chart House restaurant will be a guest favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 28 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you're sure to enjoy. From fresh fish specialties to slow-roasted prime rib, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrees such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi or enjoy a tender Blue Cheese Filet. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines and decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Chart House - Atlantic City - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Chart House - Atlantic City reviews from OpenTable diners
262 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (232)special occasion (179)romantic (166)fit for foodies (96)good for groups (81)notable wine list (63)hot spot (52)vibrant bar scene (32)neighborhood gem (30)late-night find (20)great for lunch (20)great for brunch (19)great for outdoor dining (8)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Never Disappointed. Exceptional Food/ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014One of Our All Time Favorite Restaurants. Any time we go to AC, The Chart House at the Golden Nuggett is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- had a great timeraspitoiiDined on 11/22/2014The staff at the restaurant were so polite and professional and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful - as usual!donnamtVIPDined on 11/22/2014Food, atmosphere and service - wonderful! Always feels like family when we dine there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- batandwillyDined on 11/20/2014We have eaten at the Chart House in AC and have never been disappointed in the food or service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as normal :(hockeymom97Dined on 11/12/2014We have been to the Chart House on many occasions. Food is normally very good, this trip was ok but not great. The food runners and extra servers were very attentive. Thank goodness because our server would have never filled our drink. He also seemed disappointed when we did not order alcohol. I took that to mean that his tip wouldn't be as high. I will go back.....just chalking this up to a bad night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EngagedMissBaddDined on 11/8/2014I got engaged there November 8, 2014. The restaurant was the best to do it at.Special Features:
- Service neglectunclemaxDined on 11/8/2014When I arrived, I requested a table along the window to get the great view over the Marina. The hostess was very nice got me that table with only a 15 to 20 minute wait. My waiter was also very nice but something happened that should not have happened. I ordered a shrimp cocktail appetizer and a mushroom salad which my guest wanted to share with me. We waited and waited for the appetizer as other tables received their food. Finally after almost 30 min, my appetizer and my salad were brought to the table and served at the same time. My waiter was busy going from table to table doing his job. It was not clear if the late serving of my appetizer was due to the kitchen not preparing it in a timely fashion or the waiter forgot about me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was averageWaltDined on 11/8/2014Food was overcooked. Waiter never asked how the food was or if we needed anythingSpecial Features:
- Awful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Food was awful. Served cold, appetizer should not have even been served! Risotto was brought cold, looked like congealed glue. Would never go back!! Only pluses were view and service.Special Features:
- Right up there!Irene58Dined on 11/7/2014We travel a lot, have eaten in a wide variety of restaurants from fine dining to diners to dives! This went down as one of the most memorable meals we've had, and I would recommend Chart House to anyone who enjoys a fine dining experience. The prime rib was perfect, the "seafood platter superb, and the pan seared scallops perfect. If you can manage, preorder the soufflé for dessert, it was divine. Would definitely visit again.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerBigJohnStudDined on 11/6/2014My girlfriend and I celebrate our anniversary at the Chart House AC. The view and food were excellent! The server could have been more friendly. Overall, good experience and would recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the best !LFalkVIPDined on 11/4/2014Love the Charthouse always! You can't go wrong if you dine at the Charthouse in Atlantic City!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite RestaurantelmoDined on 11/2/2014Any time we see a Chart House in an area we are visiting...we always dine there. Food is consistently wonderful, the service wonderful and of course the views are always so beautiful! Very cozy and romantic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful - as usual!donnamtVIPDined on 11/1/2014Had the pork loin-a new item added for Fall. Was absolutely delicious! I hope the Chef will make it a regular menu item. My sister had the king crab legs. Also delicious! Good recommendations by Tom, our server who was his usual fantastic self!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moonangel7Moonangel7Dined on 11/1/2014Ambiance was great, but we did not get a window seat. I did not know you could ask for one. I would just assume if there was a table available that they would seat you there. A couple who came in after us sat behind us and they asked to be seated by the window where the table was empty. They got their wish. I know in Phila they seat you at the window as first choice if you do not ask for it. Little disappointed there. The food was okay. I mean it was nothing to brag home about. A little pricey for what you get. In a nutshell, I would probably not go back. I feel there are other elegant restaurants with food that is unbelievable. Do not get the salad or any fish entree. (Not worth it) Get the red meat dishes instead.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014It was an anniversary dinner for my sister's and mine. She got steak and she said very good. Her husband and mine got fish and did not like I got stuffed shrimp and it had no taste and very small. The desert was very good. My chopped salad was very good. Mashed potatoes alright.Special Features:
- TheStoneDined on 10/31/2014The food was awesome. Apps- lobster bisque and duck confit egg rolls. Entrees - Chilan sea bass and sea scallops both delicious! They brought me a special dessert for my Birthday. Mud pie ? It was excellent ! Everyone was so nice and kind! I loved everything! The best time ever! Thank you for everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday in styleShayTheFoodieDined on 10/30/2014I came here for my 25th birthday and it was awesome, I've been to the Miami location and this was just as memorable. The waitress Janet, was very nice and professional. She and my boyfriend also surprised me with cake and a song. The views are gorgeous and it was a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40 years of experience in ACDoctorFloydDined on 10/29/2014The Golden Nugget was located years ago in the same building where the A.C. Club was most recently. The Golden Nugget was wonderful then especially the scrumptious buffet. In it's new location it sparkles. Our experience with the Golden Nugget most recently was to dine at the Chart House which is THE place to see and be seen in Atlantic City.....and to SEE Atlantic City's world famous skyline. The entire dinning experience from service via the bell desk for reservations assistance, to the signature deserts was 1st class. After 40 years of visiting Atlantic City we know a great deal when we experience one.....Chart House in the famous Golden Nugget!Special Features:
- Excellent choiceRosieDined on 10/29/2014I would like to say what a great restaurant experience this was. I had always heard great things about your restaurant but I have never been. The service from Janet was great. She was attentive but not overbearing. The food was fantastic. I had the port wine Chilean sea as and my boyfriend had the swordfish. I would highly recommend this restaurant to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BESTShashiDined on 10/29/2014ChartHouse is our fave!! We've been going from years starting in Weehawken NJ. Tried Annapolis, MD, Philly PA and we're currently going to the Atlantic City NJ location. Hopefully, soon we will be trying Daytona Beach & Tampa Florida locations when we move. Never change.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdaydelightButtonsmom33Dined on 10/25/2014We had an excellent overall experience, The food was excellent the service was excellent and I highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:
- jerseygrlDined on 10/25/2014best view on the bay. Great service. Always a good spot to enjoy a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- One of the best in ACOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014One of the best restaurants in AC.....bar, food, service and view all phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014We went for my husbands birthday! The food and service was excellent. The personalized menu was a great touch! Get a table by the window the view is pretty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night with your Love.MEVBDined on 10/19/2014The Chart House in AC was agreat expereince . The steaks were cooked to perfection and the service was AMAZING. They were attentive and did not rush you - you ate at your pace. Will go back. Great place for a Date Night with your Love.Special Features:
- Great view, great foodpioneer903Dined on 10/19/2014It was group of 6. We had a nice table with the nice view. Great service. Food was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view & good foodreneeVIPDined on 10/19/2014We always enjoy our dinners at the Chart House and this one did not disappoint. The view of the marina is lovely, the server was attentive and the food was great. Although the menu does not seem to change much over time, there were some new dishes added. We particularly liked the King Salmon with seasonal spice selection. Anyone who eats here regularly should sign up for a Landry's card, as we saved money on our meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Wonderful! Went here for my one year wedding anniversary, and I couldn't be happier! The service, food and amibiance was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart House - Golden Nugget A++!donnamtVIPDined on 10/18/2014I am a regular and have never been disappointed. First...our server, Tom, is the absolute best. Known him for many years, from another casino. He keeps a "cheat sheet" on his regulars which is smart! He knows our likes/dislikes and knows what to do to make our dining experience wonderful. And, of course, the atmosphere is perfect! Cannot ask for a better scenic view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RaineDined on 10/12/2014Food, service and view were all excelent. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Very disappointedRichardVIPDined on 10/12/2014My wife and I were both very disappointed by our experience at the Chart House in Atlantic City. Service was rushed and inattentive, and advice lacked insight. Except for the Oysters Rockefeller, which were outstanding, the entrees and my wife's salad fell far short, even if you paid half the price. I had parmesan crusted snapper, which was dry and lacked flavor. My wife's salmon was similar. Her beet salad looked fantastic, but had almost no taste. We skipped dessert. No attention paid to empty drinks. We went here as an alternative to all of the steak houses in Atlantic City and regretted our decision. If you want to enjoy the view, go for drinks, maybe and appetizer, but skip dinner.Special Features:
- underwhelmedMickiDined on 10/11/2014I was disappointed. The food was marginal but expensive, and the service was slow. Yes, I should have asked the cost of the lobster tail when it said market value, but $100.00? I will not be returning.Special Features:
- Good, not greattrnjjohnDined on 10/4/2014The staff was friendly and the service was good. The food was OK, but not great. They did have a nice menu with a variety of dishes to choose from. The price was a little high, but I guess that's because of the view and the fact that it's Atlantic City. I don't think I need to go back again. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice place to eat if you are in the Golden Nugget Casino, but not worth a trip on it's own.Special Features:
- Never DisappointedNJFoodieCoupleDined on 10/3/2014Once again the Chart House has met our expectations and beyond. I have always ordered just seafood; this time I ordered the New Wave Surf & Turf. The short ribs were cooked and seasoned perfectly and I paired it with the seared scallops that were excellent. My husband ordered the Macadamia Encrusted Mahi Mahi. He enjoyed it very much but was not a big fan of the peanut sauce. He said he would order it again but without the sauce. I liked the sauce. If you really like peanuts you will like the sauce. We always order the lava cake for dessert. It’s fantastic. We skipped apps this time. The view of the marina is very nice even if you don't have a window table you still get a nice view. Looking forward to our next visit there.Special Features:
- imdoinit2imdoinit2Dined on 10/1/2014Birthday celebration, ordered the grilled seafood mix and it was great. Mom ordered the lamb and that was good also but the carrots were cooked to hard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chart house acGailm52Dined on 9/27/2014we had to change a reservation at the last minute. no problem. everyone in our party agreed that the food was great. the wait staff was very helpful. they helped us choose the the most delicious items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The custom menu was niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014My girl friend enjoyed seeing her name on the menu, that made her day.Special Features:
- Don't miss dining at this gem!HappyattheshoreDined on 9/27/2014The AC Chart House lived up to all our expectations. The ambiance is contemporary and inviting. The service is second to none. The hostess was very helpful as we needed to change our table set-up from 6 to 5 people. The bay view is fabulous and most importantly, the food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy DinersFussyFoodieDined on 9/26/2014We chose the Chart House for a special birthday celebration. Outstanding wait staff! Three totally different meals - all were delicious and well presented. Very nice wine list. We will dine there again for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.