Charrito's - Weehawken
974 Boulevard East
Weehawken, NJ 07086Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Charrito's - Weehawken
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.loscharritos.com/
- Phone: 2013301130x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 12:00pm-3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Filimerto A. Arias
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, View, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: Off-site catering is available.
- Private Party Facilities: Charrito's - Weehawken offers private dining space for up to 100 guests.
A word from Charrito's - Weehawken
In the early eighties, Filiberto and Genoveva Arias came to America with a dream. Arriving from Putla, Oaxaca, Filiberto obtained a position in a local restaurant and Genoveva worked as a seamstress in a nearby factory. To make ends meet, Filiberto would cook “crispies” and sell them to the factory workers at lunchtime. From these humble beginnings, Charrito’s Restaurant was established on July 19, 1992, in Union City, New Jersey, offering a cuisine that is primarily inspired by many traditional favorites from Oaxaca. Charrito’s also offers a wide variety of rich plates native to Mexico’s adjoining 31 states. Although, its menu and its appearance has often changed in the past decade, the quality of Charrito’s cuisine and our dedication to providing an authentic Mexican dining experience remains the same.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Charrito's - Weehawken reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (30)great for outdoor dining (25)neighborhood gem (17)romantic (16)good for groups (13)special occasion (13)great for brunch (11)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (9)fit for foodies (6)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Good FoodVDShDined on 8/29/2014This restaurant is always busy...but they have great food and an excellent view of NYC.Special Features:
- Amazing Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/23/2014My boyfriend and I went here for dinner on Saturday night and had an amazing time. Our server was very attentive and kind and the food was beyond delicious. You can't beat the guacamole made table side!!! Perfect view of the city and great outdoor seating. Would def recommend!!!Special Features:
- Amazing foodDanaDined on 8/17/2014U will be so full for days. Get Camarones Asados y gauc made table side. Everything is great. And don't forget the cucumber Jalepeño drink. Spicy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The food was and affordable. The view was spectacular. Definitely a great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charrito's - BIG favoriteJimVAxDined on 8/8/2014Beautiful restaurant, incredible views, excellent staff, delicious Mexican food, terrific margaritas, great prices. I love this place! Whenever friends visit from out of town, I make it a point to bring them to Charrito's. And they love it too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in past BUT FrustratingDebGVIPDined on 8/4/2014My husband and I had a late night working and were tired and hungry with nothing in the house....we've been before and and liked it.. we also live nearby so when we saw they had a reservation on Open Table we booked it. It was a nice night and even though we were tired from working late and hungry we decided to walk there ... Not too far from our house but still a decent walk.... BUT we get all the way there and it is closed!!!!! Closed so they could go to beach as the sign on door said.... So, hungry and tired we had to walk all,the way home again get car and go somewhere else!!! Hope they had a nice day at beach while I wasted a good part of my evening going there for no reason.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014I had resrvations for 5 and upon our arrival the place had a "kitchy note" saying that they were closed because they were at the beach. All 5 of us travelled from out of town to get to this location(including one all the way from Miami) only to be met with this note! It would have been appreciated if someone contacted us to inform us of this. It was a very embarrasing moment for me as I had been the one to select the location.
- Une vue magnifique sur ManhattanSwissMenDined on 8/3/2014Dans une ambiance tout à fait agréable, et loin du bruit de la ville, comment mieux profiter de la vue. Je recommande la Margarita! Et penser à réserver la terrasse, cela vaut vraiment la peine.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/2/2014The service and food are hit or miss. I've been here dozens of times, some times it's wonderful, sometimes I swear I'll never go back. If anything, they could improve upon consistency and more friendly servers. The pollo En Rajas, the fajitas, and the queso bowl are ALL always good! The view is awesome!Special Features:
- fresh guacamoleAhfoodVIPDined on 7/16/2014Spent an afternoon at Charrito's having lunch with a friend. The freshly made guacamole was perfectly mixed. The view of the manhattan skyline was relaxing and reminded me a leisurely vacation afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingnycHVIPDined on 6/26/2014The BEST Mexican food you will ever have, anywhere.Special Features:
- Great placeKvtsDined on 6/22/2014It is always a nice night out at chorritos. Food and drinks are always great. The mole shrimp is amazing. Sangria is always top notch. Guacamole made fresh at the table is deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeBaDined on 6/14/2014I was there for brunch not knowing fajitas are not part of the brunch menu. But the waiter and chef cooked them up for us anyway!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveTricia01Dined on 6/7/2014Excellent views over the river, guacamole made at table which was a nice touch. Food was okay, but $82 for brunch for two with one cocktail and one beer each was a bit steep. Will not go again.Special Features:
- deliciousrm2681Dined on 5/31/2014Got seated right away with reservations. Service was great and food was amazing! Great view of NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impress your friends with this pickJerseyBUDDined on 5/29/2014A gift fell out of the sky with this place...Had lunch here on Memorial Day, sat outside with friends, Margarita's and Guacamole...amazing! Oh and did it mention the view...again amazing. I came back a week later to celebrate my Mom's 79th b'day....equally as impressive sitting inside. This will be our "Go To" place when friends and family come into town, it's worth the hour drive from New Brunswick!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 174 reviews are from the Charrito's - Weehawken reviews archive.
- great placeKvtsDined on 5/23/2014The food is great, the drinks are great, the view is spectacular. I wish i could afford to go here once a week. A++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/3/2014This place is awesome! Love it, I've been wanting to go since I moved into the area and it didn't let me down. Food is top notch and the drinks are great def recommend this place. Five stars and 2 thumbs upSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took business guestsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/28/2014I had an informal business meeting with people from Chicago and they were stunned at the scenic view. The food was great. They will talk about this evening for months to come.Special Features:
- Great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014This is my girl friend favorite restaurant. Great view of NYC. I proposed to my girl friend on Saturday in the restaurant. The waitress was very good and really helped with making our moment a memorable one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- limasamVIPDined on 4/24/2014gem of a restaurant.authentic mexican food with a stunning view of nyc! perfect chips and guacamole (made at your table)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Mexican food!CaritaDined on 4/18/2014This place is a gem! Brought family from out of state and it is all they talked about. The food was phenominal and the service was too. No need to dress up to get this view that will take your breath away!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, amazing viewNJfoodieDined on 4/12/2014The food is very good, I recommend the pollo en rajas and beef fajitas. Was charged for extra sour cream, which should have been mentioned, but that's minor. Other than that it was a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!rm2681Dined on 4/5/2014Had reservations and got seated right away once I gave my name. Food was delicious. Staff very friendly and service was great. Awesome view on NYC. I will def. be back and recomend to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!patnjDined on 4/1/2014I have eaten several times at this restaurant and enjoyed the food, the ambiance and the view. A good local restaurant to take visitors to. However on this past occasion the food was very disappointing - I had a dish I have eaten there before - chilaquilles - and this time the sauce was thin and in too great a quantity. Flavour was lacking and there was not much chicken. As I was entertaining a visitor from UK, I was very disappointed. Perhaps it was the chef's day off?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great night!anonymousDined on 3/23/2014This restaurant is absolutely great. I arrived before my reserved time but they accommodated me right away, and gave me an available table. I was very happy! The food was excellent, and the service was exceptional. I recommended this restaurant to all my friends. It is perfect for group of friends or a romantic date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good stopsargeDined on 11/30/2013the location was a place I remember as a german restaurant years ago, we went out to celebrate my nephew patrick's birthday,we were seated fairly quickly as we had a large party8people. the staff was extremely friendly and most helpful ,the food was both fresh and delicious, the atmosphere is pleasant and unhurried. we enjoyed the experience completely and will return without question.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2013Best Mexican I ever had and service was excellent as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The gucamole made at the tableDeweyDined on 11/9/2013The gucamole made at the table is outstanding and the variety of menu items is much better than most Mexican restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great authentic Mexican brunchSIleton04Dined on 11/3/2013Very nice restaurant with beautiful views of the Hudson and NYC skyline. The food was very good, with wonderful guacamole- made right in front of you!- and fresh ingredients all around. The service was outstanding, attentive and on point with anything that was needed. And friendly! What a refreshing change from many other restaurants! Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mexican in stylelatino123Dined on 11/1/2013Charritos is a Mexican restaurant which offers authentic mexican cuisine. It also offers great atmosphere and scenic views of NYCSpecial Features:
- Once was enough.ErinDined on 11/1/2013Sat in front of valet for five minutes until I got out of the car when the valet took a car that pulled up behind us only to be told the lot was full. Restaurant was crowded/packed way too tight with tables, chairs were uncomfortable, tables were too small to fit everything, and it was too loud to have a conversation on what was supposed to be date night. The food was just okay. The only good things were the view and the service.
- decoration vs foodmp13Dined on 10/26/2013decoration of this place it is amazing. I love it. food, brunch,was not that good and didn't have menu for kidsSpecial Features:
- Great ViewBIGeaterDined on 10/1/2013The view of NY skyline is great, even on the hazy day i was there. I went for lunch around 2pm, it was quiet, most diners were outside eating and enjoying the scenery. But the restaurant has large windows so tables throughout the restaurant can enjoy the view. The freshly made-at-the-table guacamole is delicious and they ask how you would like it made...mild, medium or hot...that was a nice request. I had the shrimp with rice and salad, it was all very good. My husband has the mini make-your-own soft tacos...that was very good. Overall no complaints. Great Mexican inspired decor...love the brilliant colors and all the Day of The Dead Skeletons...and the intricate woodwork. A very very nice restaurant. Definitely would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulDanaDined on 9/12/2013Guacamole made at your table the way you like it. Service is fast but they don't rush you. Strong drinks jalepeño cucumber margarita. Yum. Amazing view of Manhattan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect view to the ManhattanSib22Dined on 9/2/2013Perfect view to the Manhattan Skyline. I have had guests from Europe and they were amazed by the food and the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okThefaceDined on 8/31/2013The dining experience was ok. My drink order, my dinner order and second round of drinks were taken by 3 different servers. So I didn't know who my main server was. At the end, the server who took my payment swiped by debit card an additional 140 dollars without telling me he made the mistake. I guess you get for what you pay for here.Special Features:
- LoveOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2013I love this place. Everytime someone comes from out of town I take them here. Amazing food, amazing view... this place rocks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2013Perfect place for our anniversary dinner. They sat us outside at a table for two across the river from mid-town Manhattan. We had a great view and a very good atmosphere for our 11 anniversary. The food was great, the menu had lots of choices. I would definetly go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only downside...OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/23/2013The guac was supposed to be medium but ended up so hot that we had to constantly ask for water to subdue to heat. Can't beat the views of the city though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.