129 Meeting St
Charleston, SC 29401Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.elistable.com/
- Phone: 8434055115x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast is served everyday from 7:00 am - 11:00 am;
Lunch is everyday from 11:00 am - 3:00 pm;
Dinner is served everyday from 5:00 pm - until;
Brunch is served Saturday and Sunday, all day, from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Southern
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Let us customize your event, from the menu to the drinks and beverages.
- Private Party Facilities: Reserve Eli's Table for the morning, afternoon or night. We would be happy to accommodate you! Courtyard seating available.
- Entertainment: Eli's Table brings you a fabulous dining experience with live entertainment featuring top local musicians on our Courtyard every Thursday, Friday and Saturday evening.
- Special Events: Let Eli's Table host your special event. Custom menus available. Birthdays, Graduation, Retirement Party, Bachelorette, Bridal Shower, Baby Shower, Holiday Parties and any of your special events.
A word from Eli's Table
Eli's Table features a new menu offering bold, worldly flavors while using fresh and local ingredients. Named after the owner of Charleston Hospitality Group's son Eli, the restaurant is sentimental for many reasons. Tantalize your taste buds and join us at Eli's Table tonight.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Eli's Table - Best Restaurants in Downtown Charleston ›
Eli's Table reviews from OpenTable diners
152 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
romantic (80)special occasion (72)fit for foodies (70)neighborhood gem (67)great for outdoor dining (50)notable wine list (28)great for brunch (23)good for groups (21)great for lunch (19)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (6)scenic view (5)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Things have changed at Eli'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/17/2014I ate at Eli's a year ago and really enjoyed my experience. I returned a few nights ago and was really unhappy with my experience, mostly the service. Our waiter had no interest in sharing his opinion on what we should order. I asked him about the filet dish and he simply said "it's a 8 ounce filet". The filet had other components and I asked for clarity and he really explained it poorly. Then when dessert came around, we asked what they had to offer he said "chocolate cake" and some sort of pie. Before when I ate here, the waiter explained the dish in great detail just like other restaurants in Charleston. Don't go here, unless they improve their service I will not return. I have had much better service at neighboring restaurants.
- Tired foodCwoodjimDined on 9/14/2014It was our first visit and the last night of Charleston's 2014 Restaurant Week. It seemed that the food and it's preparation was a bit plain and tired. They had run out of one dessert choice and you sort of got the feeling that the staff and the chefs were wanting the week to end!
- JohnBDined on 9/14/2014Appetizers were tremendous. Try the Fried Green Tomatoes. Very unique and good presentation. The citrus chili salmon was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant experiencepickyChasLocalDined on 9/13/2014We sat in the back courtyard which provided a great outdoor experience. The service was impeccable even though I could tell our waiter got 'in the weeds" other staff kicked right in and covered well. Everyone was very pleasant with out intruding on the meal and everything was excellent. The recommendations ( Wine and appetizer ) from our waiter were spot on and everything was delicious. I saved party of my filet mignon for the next day to leave room for dessert and the pecan pie was delicious without being overly sweet - again excellent. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no air conditioningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Restaurant had no a/c--in Charleston, in hot temps. Apparently had been out "all week" per our server. We would have cancelled our reservations had we been notified there was no a/c-which would have been appropriate for the staff to do. Then, they were out of all but 2 kinds of beers. Food was ok but was hot and thirsty.
- DisappointedShameDined on 9/13/2014Unfortunately, the air was not working when my friend and I dined at Eli's Table. Apparently, this affected the hostesses because their customer service was much to be desired. Literally, everyone at the front of the restaurant - customers and hostesses alike - were sorely confused. No one knew where to stand or what to do. We were finally seated in the courtyard which was much cooler than the restaurant, and while the wait staff was much more personable, they were as slow as molasses. The food was good, though. I probably wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- Our First Nite in CharlestonPatrickVIPDined on 9/13/2014This was easily the best dining experience of our entire week in Charleston, and it was only the first night. The entire staff was friendly, professional and efficient. The food outstanding and the atmosphere warm and inviting. It was a Saturday night and quite busy but we made it gently known that we were in no big hurry. I think we helped put the busy waiter at ease. We got the impression that this is a restaurant that has "reinvented" itself and it is an obvious success. The food was excellent, artistically prepared and presented. All in all a very fine evening out.Special Features:
- Perfect Spot for a Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014I booked this reservation for my girlfriends b-day after asking around and reading the reviews on here, and Eli's Table did not disappoint! We were unfortunately sat next to a large party (which happens sometimes), but everything else was amazing. It ended up being restaurant week which allowed us to sample the watermelon gazpacho, bibb salad, filet mignon, crab cakes, pecan pie and peach cobbler. Holy cow my mouth is watering just reminiscing... Our waiter, Louis, and the rest of the staff were excellent and gave us a great dining experience! Can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekCooperDined on 9/13/2014Food was okay. Priced as 3 for $40 but should be a 3 for $30 at best. Outdoor seating was nice but had fans blowing directing at diners. Restaurant menu (non-restaurant week) is priced high for the quality of the food. Would not done again for dinner as there are far better restaurants in this price point. Location was convenient for pre-theater dining.Special Features:
- AlecCDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I ate the Restaurant Week specials. Salad was very good. The gazpacho had melon overtones, and was delightful. Filet and salmon were both excellent. Peach cobbler was outstanding, as was pecan pie. Quaint atmosphere. At 7, sound level was low; when we left at 8:30, the place was a little loud, but still we could converse easily. Our waiter was terrific, and made the experience special. The free valet service at Thu-Sun dinner was incredibly convenient. I tipped him more than we would have paid to park and walk; it was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very disappointedFoodieDined on 9/12/2014we were sat at a table the size of a tv tray and my chair was actually in the foyer. the appetizers were good - for an entree I ordered Lamb chops - I received two tiny loin chops for a total of 3 tiny bites of meat of each! on a bed of mashed potatoes and a pea coulis on the plate that was not very nice either. My friend had never had shrimp and grits - she did have grits - with a spoonfull of frozen shrimp in a small amount of sauce on them. The waiter was in a very big hurry and therefore when he ask is everything ok, he runs off before you can comment. then there was a problem with the bill so he had to have the manager brought in to fix it - totally ridiculous I will stick with Peninsula Grill - its always Perfect!
- Great personal experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014Beautifully romantic dinner. The evening was wonderful and the food was amazing. Taste buds were very satisfied with the amazing food that was served. This is a romantic scene but still very casual. Relaxing and enjoyable but still fun. Will definitely go back to try it again.Special Features:
- wouldn't go back for pricemysterydinerDined on 9/11/2014Went to restaurant week and on Opentable it's listed as 3 for 30 but when we got there it was 3 for 40. It was just me and the wife so for 20 bucks who cares if the food is awesome. I had the filet and it was chewy and could use some seasoning which they do not have on the table. It was loud felt like I had to shout to be heard so this ruined any ambiance or maybe the cramped conditions with the waiters butt in my face did that I can't recall. Bottom line if they were using restaurant week to bring in new customers it didn't work for them this time because we won't be back.Special Features:
- enjoyable dining experienceMarvell1Dined on 9/11/2014We had a delightful evening at Eli's Table. We were seated immediately at a cozy table for two. Our waiter Louis was very personable and attentive. We found the food delectable and the ambience pleasurable. We would definitely dine here again.Special Features:
- Chilly456Chilly456Dined on 9/10/2014Excellent food, ambience, and service. Second visit during restaurant week, and become a favorite for me and co- workers. Great job!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedQDavidPDined on 9/10/2014We went during Charleston Restaurant week so maybe this contibuted to the issues. We ordered from the standard menu, not the special menu for restaurant week. Two of us ordered the filet based on the preparation described in the standard menu. However, they served us the filet from the special restaurant week menu. When we informed the waiter, he brought us the preparation that we should have had originally. He did not offer to re-do the entire dinner. That said, the filet, was inferior. And for $30, I was not happy. It was tough. In most restaurants of this reputation and caliber, the filet can be cut with your fork. We needed a steak knife! Sorry, but nothing special in our dining experience!Special Features:
- Food was excellentKeralaDined on 9/7/2014Excellent & Tasty food. Good choice for Charleston Restaurant WeekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, need more servers.LondonChemistDined on 9/7/2014The food was excellent and the service very good when the restaurant was not busy but after it did get busy, we waited too long between our main course and being able to order dessert. For this type of restaurant, prices were reasonable with one exception - $8.99 for a coffee, even if it was described as a "small French press" and being more expensive than most wines by the glass seemed out of proportion.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't missfoodieDined on 9/6/2014A foodie resturant you should try.great intimate setting with darling garden dining. The food for resturant week was perfect. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Perfect But Still Nicelive2eatDined on 9/6/2014There were a few issues with proper steak temps but the staff did a great job correcting the problems. We will be back. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DowntownDinerDowntowndinersDined on 9/6/2014We had the best time! The food was great, our server, Joseph, was excellent! I cannot say enough about Eli's, we had a blast!Special Features:
- AMAZING!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014We live in Charleston and always are up for trying different places. Eli's table was AMAZING! The food was outstanding and the service was awesome. I have to say it is now at the top of my list for best restaurants in Charleston!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!DavePDined on 9/5/2014As an alternative to all those high prices staples around town, Eli's is a great place to try. Romantic, intimate and cozy. Attire is dressy casual. Definitely check it out...whether you can or can't get into the other Charleston must try restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week at Eli's TableAGDiningDined on 9/5/2014We tried Eli's Table during Restaurant Week and found the food and service to be excellent. We'll definitely return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/4/2014Inconsistent food quality among group of 5. Shrimp and grits--superb. Crab cakes excellent. Filet mignon--very, very tough. Pecan pie served cold. Fried green tomato appetizers were excellent.
- Great findemily1888Dined on 9/4/2014while visiting charleston for only one night and looking for a good dinner, I was very happy to fine Eli's Table. We had a nice little table with a view of the street. our server, Louis, was great. He was very friendly and gave great food recommendations. He was very attentive. The rib eye and duck were both choices! Hopefully we will make it back to charleston and can dine there again!Special Features:
- Great dining experienceGabeDined on 9/4/2014This was the first time we had ever eaten here. My sister-in-law, who has been here often, suggested we try it. My first concern was parking, since the location is in an area where parking can be a problem. We were happy to learn that they have valet parking on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays (evenings). We were seated at a window looking out on Meeting St, where we enjoyed watching the carriages and people go by. The food was very good; I had the filet mignon, which was very tender and cooked to perfection. Our waiter, Joseph, was very attentive and made sure we were satisfied with the service. The peach cobbler I had was also divine. Overall, we had a very pleasant experience and will come again.Special Features:
- Beautiful hidden Gemini charlestonCeltic19Dined on 9/4/2014On our last night in Charleston we were trying to decide where to dine,we had looked at several different places,while we were out walking around,I seen this little restaurant from outside and that's how we decided. We got table at 630 and it was very quiet when we entered.we were met and seated straight away by lovely lady at the front enterance. Our waiter came and described about the menu and gave us plenty of time to decide,he was so helpful and very knowledgable about the menu and the wine list.the restaurant started filling up ,it was noway noisy. The ambience was very nice and nice for romantic meal or for any occasion. The food was excellent and what we had was FG Tomatoes for starter and Flounder for main course. Excellent choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some ok, but overall enjoyed itgalaxigrlDined on 8/31/2014The filet was cooked perfecty and was accompanied by gorgonzola mac & cheese that was just divine. The shrimp pancakes are a must! An unusual combination of flavors, but they work perfectly. I love that they start the dinner by bringing bread and olive oil. I really enjoyed the warm bread, and the olive oil was some of the best I've ever tasted. On the bad side, the gouda fondue was just ok. It came with grapes, apple slices, andouille sausage, and pretzel roll pieces. The fondue itself was good, but we had a few wilted grapes on the plate, and the pretzel roll was much harder than it should have been. The harvest salad was good but only had 1 slice of green apple, 3 pieces of mandarin orange, and way too much dressing.Special Features:
- Last Minute call...RetiredVIPDined on 8/31/2014We were walking around and thought about dinner and made a last minute call. They fit in 6 of us and we all enjoyed our food very much. The waiter read the mood of the table and was almost like he was one of us!! Next time we are in Charleston. we will be back at Eli's Table - you should too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eli's does it again!MUrhinoDined on 8/29/2014Eli's Table was my redemption pick after a birthday fail by another restaurant in Charleston. Our waiter, Louis, was the best I've ever had. He knew exactly when to approach our table or when to let us talk, had great recommendations, and made our dining experience one of the best I've ever had. The food was wonderful as well. I had the salmon and my girlfriend had the filet. The filet was a bit overcooked, but nothing to complain about as she was still able to cut it with a butter knife. For dessert, the crème brûlée was amazing and went perfect w/ the french press coffee. Hats off to Eli's Table and especially Louis for his craft. Unlike many other restaurants in Charleston, they actually care that you chose to dine with them!Special Features:
- Excellent FoodWonderfulDined on 8/26/2014Excellent breakfast and dinner. Wonderful atmosphere and service. Loved this place!!! We ate there 3 times.Special Features:
- Worth itJDM225VIPDined on 8/25/2014Eli's seems fairly new but was well worth our reservation and money. Delicious! Give them a try. I'll be back for sure. It's a Kenny G type feel inside. A little more casual outside out back. Very tastySpecial Features:
- Excellant RestaurantRunner1948Dined on 8/21/2014Our hotel front desk recommended Eli's Tavern so we decided to give it a try. We arrived at about 6:30 and we were seated right away. Our room was small with 4 tables. Our waiter was very attentive, not intrusive, answered any questions we had since it was our first time there. I had the best crab cakes I have ever tasted, not to soft, moist, just perfect. My wife had the halibut which was outstanding. We very much enjoyed our dinning experience and highly recommend Eli's Tavern.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joseph was our Dream WaitreTotallyPerfectDined on 8/16/2014Food, vibe and Joseph's service made for a perfect dinner. We extended our compliment's to the chef while dining but will note here again. Cant wait to return to Charleston and will definitely hit Eli's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special eveningMcmodhDined on 8/12/2014It is rare that our family of five is together. We each said that the food and service was wonderful! I would absolutely recommend Eli's Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Started Sunny, Ended RainyOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/9/2014Our evening began great. Service was excellent, timing was perfect. As soon as our meals were brought, that was it. Our waiter never returned to see how our meals were. I never was asked for another drink (so didn't get wine with dinner). Although the food was delicious (tho' not worthy of the high prices), our plates sat on the table forever before anyone cleared them and it was another eternity before we were asked if we wanted dessert. We declined, paid our check and left. Oh, and I had to wait in line to get change to tip the valet. Like I said, it started out as a perfect, sunny day and ended cloudy and soggy.
- Okay...MMC001VIPDined on 8/8/2014Food was okay, nothing wonderful. My steak and coffee rub was burned. Meat quality is plainly -"meh". For the prices, I wouldn't recommend.
- Perfect1BernbearDined on 8/8/2014Terrific menu and outstanding staff. I am from NC and have eaten breakfast, lunch and dinner there. All three were great and the staff is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good first time dining hereBubbaDined on 8/8/2014This was our first time at Eli's Table and overall it was good. Two suggestions: it has warm inside the restaurant (turn the AC down some) and the lack of traditional beers was disappointing (not big fans of local beers only).