129 Meeting St
Charleston, SC 29401Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.elistable.com/
- Phone: 8434055115x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast is served everyday from 7:00 am - 11:00 am;
Lunch is everyday from 11:00 am - 3:00 pm;
Dinner is served everyday from 5:00 pm - until;
Brunch is served Saturday and Sunday, all day, from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Southern
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Let us customize your event, from the menu to the drinks and beverages.
- Private Party Facilities: Reserve Eli's Table for the morning, afternoon or night. We would be happy to accommodate you! Courtyard seating available.
- Private Party Contact: Ellen Walsh 8435764116x
- Special Events: Let Eli's Table host your special event. Custom menus available. Birthdays, Graduation, Retirement Party, Bachelorette, Bridal Shower, Baby Shower, Holiday Parties and any of your special events.
A word from Eli's Table
Eli's Table features a new menu offering bold, worldly flavors while using fresh and local ingredients. Named after the owner of Charleston Hospitality Group's son Eli, the restaurant is sentimental for many reasons. Tantalize your taste buds and join us at Eli's Table tonight.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Eli's Table - Best Restaurants in Downtown Charleston ›
Eli's Table reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
romantic (79)special occasion (76)fit for foodies (72)neighborhood gem (69)great for outdoor dining (50)notable wine list (28)great for lunch (19)great for brunch (19)good for groups (17)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- Fit for FoodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/23/2014Overall great meal. Started a little shaky with a cosmo that wasn't very good and bread that really didn't have any flavor. Ordered a wonderful bottle of Malbec. We had the shrimp & pancake shared plate. Excellent! Our meals were also excellent. Complex flavors that combined beautifully. I had the Duck Breast (Parmesan risotto and candied brussel sprouts with a fig port sauce) One of the best meals I've ever had in Charleston. My husband had Eli's Espresso Rubbed Tomahawk Ribeye (Certified angus beef, charred onions, grilled asparagus and whiskey jus) Delicious!!Special Features:
- Just perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/22/2014Took my great friend out for her birthday dinner. Everything was fabulous from the time I walked in the door at the hostess stand until we finished up the evening with a nightcap at the bar. The staff, food, restaurant as a whole were all on point.Special Features:
- Fabulous dinner; wonderful service.ClarkieVIPDined on 10/21/2014We are visiting Charleston for the first time, and we decided to have dinner at Eli's Table. It was a Tuesday night, and the restaurant appeared not to be too busy. As it turned out, most patrons were dining on the patio. We were greeted and seated immediately. Our waitor was great, and the other servers that delived water, bread, etc. were professional and friendly. My wife ordered a Bibb wedge salad and the award winning shrimp and grits. I opted for a Caeser salad and the ribeye (signature dish). The salads were fresh, crisp and delicious. The entrees were fabulous. The shrimp were tender and the grits were flavorful. The ribeye sat on crisp asparagus, and it was cooked to perfection. The meal was fabulous and the service was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Experience!JenjenDined on 10/20/2014What a fabulous restaurant! We had great food and a great time! The garden seating is pretty, and staff is wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014Had a great time at Eli's Table. Great menu with a varied choice, service was great. Was a gorgeous evening and we sat outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Sad Service Night for Eli'schefliDined on 10/16/2014Although the manager provided appropriate service recovery, the service at this restaurant was the worst we have ever had anywhere. Our waiter totally ignored us, the cocktails were watered down, our order was mixed up twice. We waited two and a half hours for our entrees and then they only delivered three out of the four. The last one was delivered after the rest of us had eaten and was very salty. The waiter told us he was from Denver, then from Seattle, and was totally confused and disorganized. To the credit of the manager, he did provide appropriate service recovery, but not without leaving a bad taste in our mouths. I think if the wait staff problems are fixed, the restaurant is probably pretty good. Sweet potato pancakes were good!Special Features:
- A lovely solo dinnerScooterPhileDined on 10/11/2014While traveling in Chsrleston, I booked a reservation at Eli's Table and asked to sit in their outdoor courtyard. It was lovely and peaceful sitting next to a fountain. Both the hostess Camilla (a beautiful and obviously smart young woman) and my server Brent were welcoming and friendly. I decided I wanted to have an appetizer (prosciutto crepe--to die for) and a side (grilled asparagus--also excellent), and that was fine with him. With some terrific little toasts and olive oil for dipping, it was a perfect meal. And I had room for dessert. At Brent's suggestion I chose salted caramel cheesecake, and I did not regret it. Nicest meal I've had in a long time. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WelcomingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014We had a family group of 6 and the service was warm, attentive and welcoming. The food was excellent - no one complained and the portions were plentiful! Sides are extra - should be included with the prices charged. Overall - we had a great time! The acoustics are a little loud as we could share the conversations with the tables around us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late Night DinnerFudeEDined on 10/10/2014I went to Eli's for dinner on a Friday night at 7:45. Our table was ready as soon as we walked in. The service was great and the wait staff was very knowledgeable on the drinks and food. The presentation and quantity of food was perfect.Special Features:
- Pull up a chair at Eli's TableJonahKuhioVIPDined on 10/10/2014We had a semi-private table next to the front corner window - through which sidewalk passers-by gazed in with envy. Our waiter - Louis - was a very professional, experienced restaurateur, with a nice balance between being conversational and allowing privacy.Special Features:
- Poor serviceMartinDined on 10/8/2014No bread with the salads, the wine came in the middle of the meal, the dessert (a 15 $ sponge choco cake) was for an entire family.Special Features:
- RibeyePeterPumpkinEaterDined on 10/6/2014The ribeye was best I have had in a long long time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amateur HourOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/3/20147:45 reservation-not seated until 8:40. Was told at 7:45 our table for 3 was being cleared. One party waited for an hour and a half. Place was overbooked. Told to sit by 4 seat bar-problem was, people were eating at a bar smaller than the one in my neighbor's garage. Our daughter ordered mussels which tasted smokey and burnt. Bread slices provided at table were hard and burnt. Our two orders of shrimp and grits were bland and ordinary at best. Whomever awarded this place the award for best shrimp and grits in Charleston has never eaten shrimp and grits at any other restaurant. A real restaurant would have done something to make up for the inexcusable reservation issue as well as the inedible dinner and bread. Fool me once...
- Kitchen was overwhelmedspencerDined on 10/3/2014Service was amazing, but we think the kitchen was overwhelmed on our night here. The food was good but, a few people ordered duck and if I had been at home, I would have zapped it in the microwave for 45 seconds because it was cold. Other folks said food was cold.Special Features:
- EnjoyableTeddyVIPDined on 10/3/2014Good food, good service. Small resturant so tables are a little crowded. We enjoyed our meal.
- Good but not up to reputationKellyVIPDined on 9/23/2014we went on a slow night - yet, with the entire place empty, they sat the 3 couples right next to each other. that is a pet peeve, our quite dinner turned into a noisy cramped night, for no reason at all. The food was great, however the service was both slow and antsySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining alonedinesaloneDined on 9/21/2014I was in Charleston by myself and found Eli's Table while walking Meeting Street. I was warmly greeted, seated and had the most enjoyable dinner while conversing with the my delightful waiter, Brent. I had the fried green tomatoes appetizer and the Shrimp and grits entree. Both were fabulous! Absolutely love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat at Eli's!DannyAusVIPDined on 9/20/2014My first dinner in Charleston was downtown at Eli's table. The food, service, and ambience was stellar. They had a great drink selection as well. It was so good, that I decided to return there last saturday where I enjoyed my swordfish, fried green tomatoes, and chocolate decadence. If you are a foodie, especialy from up north, I highly reccomend this restaurant! The bus boy (I believe his name was Lou. Please correct me if I'm wrong) and the manager, Joel were fantastic. This made it an excellent first night in Charleston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Things have changed at Eli'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/17/2014I ate at Eli's a year ago and really enjoyed my experience. I returned a few nights ago and was really unhappy with my experience, mostly the service. Our waiter had no interest in sharing his opinion on what we should order. I asked him about the filet dish and he simply said "it's a 8 ounce filet". The filet had other components and I asked for clarity and he really explained it poorly. Then when dessert came around, we asked what they had to offer he said "chocolate cake" and some sort of pie. Before when I ate here, the waiter explained the dish in great detail just like other restaurants in Charleston. Don't go here, unless they improve their service I will not return. I have had much better service at neighboring restaurants.
- Tired foodCwoodjimDined on 9/14/2014It was our first visit and the last night of Charleston's 2014 Restaurant Week. It seemed that the food and it's preparation was a bit plain and tired. They had run out of one dessert choice and you sort of got the feeling that the staff and the chefs were wanting the week to end!
- JohnBDined on 9/14/2014Appetizers were tremendous. Try the Fried Green Tomatoes. Very unique and good presentation. The citrus chili salmon was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant experiencepickyChasLocalDined on 9/13/2014We sat in the back courtyard which provided a great outdoor experience. The service was impeccable even though I could tell our waiter got 'in the weeds" other staff kicked right in and covered well. Everyone was very pleasant with out intruding on the meal and everything was excellent. The recommendations ( Wine and appetizer ) from our waiter were spot on and everything was delicious. I saved party of my filet mignon for the next day to leave room for dessert and the pecan pie was delicious without being overly sweet - again excellent. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no air conditioningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Restaurant had no a/c--in Charleston, in hot temps. Apparently had been out "all week" per our server. We would have cancelled our reservations had we been notified there was no a/c-which would have been appropriate for the staff to do. Then, they were out of all but 2 kinds of beers. Food was ok but was hot and thirsty.
- DisappointedShameDined on 9/13/2014Unfortunately, the air was not working when my friend and I dined at Eli's Table. Apparently, this affected the hostesses because their customer service was much to be desired. Literally, everyone at the front of the restaurant - customers and hostesses alike - were sorely confused. No one knew where to stand or what to do. We were finally seated in the courtyard which was much cooler than the restaurant, and while the wait staff was much more personable, they were as slow as molasses. The food was good, though. I probably wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- Our First Nite in CharlestonPatrickVIPDined on 9/13/2014This was easily the best dining experience of our entire week in Charleston, and it was only the first night. The entire staff was friendly, professional and efficient. The food outstanding and the atmosphere warm and inviting. It was a Saturday night and quite busy but we made it gently known that we were in no big hurry. I think we helped put the busy waiter at ease. We got the impression that this is a restaurant that has "reinvented" itself and it is an obvious success. The food was excellent, artistically prepared and presented. All in all a very fine evening out.Special Features:
- Perfect Spot for a Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014I booked this reservation for my girlfriends b-day after asking around and reading the reviews on here, and Eli's Table did not disappoint! We were unfortunately sat next to a large party (which happens sometimes), but everything else was amazing. It ended up being restaurant week which allowed us to sample the watermelon gazpacho, bibb salad, filet mignon, crab cakes, pecan pie and peach cobbler. Holy cow my mouth is watering just reminiscing... Our waiter, Louis, and the rest of the staff were excellent and gave us a great dining experience! Can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekCooperDined on 9/13/2014Food was okay. Priced as 3 for $40 but should be a 3 for $30 at best. Outdoor seating was nice but had fans blowing directing at diners. Restaurant menu (non-restaurant week) is priced high for the quality of the food. Would not done again for dinner as there are far better restaurants in this price point. Location was convenient for pre-theater dining.Special Features:
- AlecCDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I ate the Restaurant Week specials. Salad was very good. The gazpacho had melon overtones, and was delightful. Filet and salmon were both excellent. Peach cobbler was outstanding, as was pecan pie. Quaint atmosphere. At 7, sound level was low; when we left at 8:30, the place was a little loud, but still we could converse easily. Our waiter was terrific, and made the experience special. The free valet service at Thu-Sun dinner was incredibly convenient. I tipped him more than we would have paid to park and walk; it was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very disappointedFoodieDined on 9/12/2014we were sat at a table the size of a tv tray and my chair was actually in the foyer. the appetizers were good - for an entree I ordered Lamb chops - I received two tiny loin chops for a total of 3 tiny bites of meat of each! on a bed of mashed potatoes and a pea coulis on the plate that was not very nice either. My friend had never had shrimp and grits - she did have grits - with a spoonfull of frozen shrimp in a small amount of sauce on them. The waiter was in a very big hurry and therefore when he ask is everything ok, he runs off before you can comment. then there was a problem with the bill so he had to have the manager brought in to fix it - totally ridiculous I will stick with Peninsula Grill - its always Perfect!
- Great personal experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014Beautifully romantic dinner. The evening was wonderful and the food was amazing. Taste buds were very satisfied with the amazing food that was served. This is a romantic scene but still very casual. Relaxing and enjoyable but still fun. Will definitely go back to try it again.Special Features:
- wouldn't go back for pricemysterydinerDined on 9/11/2014Went to restaurant week and on Opentable it's listed as 3 for 30 but when we got there it was 3 for 40. It was just me and the wife so for 20 bucks who cares if the food is awesome. I had the filet and it was chewy and could use some seasoning which they do not have on the table. It was loud felt like I had to shout to be heard so this ruined any ambiance or maybe the cramped conditions with the waiters butt in my face did that I can't recall. Bottom line if they were using restaurant week to bring in new customers it didn't work for them this time because we won't be back.Special Features:
- enjoyable dining experienceMarvell1Dined on 9/11/2014We had a delightful evening at Eli's Table. We were seated immediately at a cozy table for two. Our waiter Louis was very personable and attentive. We found the food delectable and the ambience pleasurable. We would definitely dine here again.Special Features:
- Chilly456Chilly456Dined on 9/10/2014Excellent food, ambience, and service. Second visit during restaurant week, and become a favorite for me and co- workers. Great job!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedQDavidPDined on 9/10/2014We went during Charleston Restaurant week so maybe this contibuted to the issues. We ordered from the standard menu, not the special menu for restaurant week. Two of us ordered the filet based on the preparation described in the standard menu. However, they served us the filet from the special restaurant week menu. When we informed the waiter, he brought us the preparation that we should have had originally. He did not offer to re-do the entire dinner. That said, the filet, was inferior. And for $30, I was not happy. It was tough. In most restaurants of this reputation and caliber, the filet can be cut with your fork. We needed a steak knife! Sorry, but nothing special in our dining experience!Special Features:
- Food was excellentKeralaDined on 9/7/2014Excellent & Tasty food. Good choice for Charleston Restaurant WeekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, need more servers.LondonChemistDined on 9/7/2014The food was excellent and the service very good when the restaurant was not busy but after it did get busy, we waited too long between our main course and being able to order dessert. For this type of restaurant, prices were reasonable with one exception - $8.99 for a coffee, even if it was described as a "small French press" and being more expensive than most wines by the glass seemed out of proportion.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't missfoodieDined on 9/6/2014A foodie resturant you should try.great intimate setting with darling garden dining. The food for resturant week was perfect. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Perfect But Still Nicelive2eatDined on 9/6/2014There were a few issues with proper steak temps but the staff did a great job correcting the problems. We will be back. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DowntownDinerDowntowndinersDined on 9/6/2014We had the best time! The food was great, our server, Joseph, was excellent! I cannot say enough about Eli's, we had a blast!Special Features:
- AMAZING!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014We live in Charleston and always are up for trying different places. Eli's table was AMAZING! The food was outstanding and the service was awesome. I have to say it is now at the top of my list for best restaurants in Charleston!I would recommend this to a friend.