Charlotte's - Newtown Square
3207 West Chester Pike
Newtown Square, PA 19073Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
Charlotte's - Newtown Square
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.charlottesrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 610-356-7100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Continental
- Executive Chef: Jim & Christopher Costalas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: All Occasions from 15 to 100 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Gus, Chris, Jim 610-356-7100
- Entertainment: Piano bar & lounge
- Special Events: All you can eat Snow and Dungeness crabs every Monday $27.95 comes with complementary mussels as long as they last, salad and , French fries from 3PM till 9Pm
A word from Charlotte's - Newtown Square
We are a fine dining & casual dress restaurant catering to their customers likes and wants & needs. We are family owned & operated for 30 years. We cater to any special diet or food allergy needs. We've been called the best kept secret in Delaware county as quoted from our regular customers!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Charlotte's - Newtown Square - Best Restaurants in Newtown Square ›
Charlotte's - Newtown Square reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)special occasion (15)good for groups (15)fit for foodies (12)great for lunch (10)romantic (9)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Ok. Like walking into a westernRepublicanVIPDined on 10/18/2014Cool setting. Servers are excellent. Seafood was underwhelming. Try it once just to say you did.Special Features:
- Never have been disappointed!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/16/2014A wonderful variety of offerings on the menu. Wonderful service, food presented very nicely and large portions. Servers are very attentive and make you feel at home. They will also make things the way you want them...nice! We'll be back, and will bring friends.Special Features:
- Great night outKeanjocaDined on 10/11/2014I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a romantic evening. Nice white table clothed tables, piano player playing music, no generic radio station being played here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/3/2014This was my first time here, and its been a while since I tried something new. I tend to get stuck on a few places I like then visit them regularly. Anyway, I can honestly say that this is one of the best meals I've had in years. Very good food, generous portions, the pace of the meal was very comfortable and the service was outstanding. My server Silvia was fantastic. It really is a great place.Special Features:
- Charlotte's still rocks.WaldengateDined on 10/3/2014Based on other reviews, I thought this place would be sort of rundown and out of date. It's true it has the stained glass, chandeliers and booths of the 70's, but it is like entering a little bubble of comfort and old fashioned luxury. The food was absolutely fabulous! The menu is wide, even though there seems to be an emphasis on seafood. My husband's seafood newburg was the way a newburg should be, rich, flavorful, with thick pieces of seafood. My sea bass was in a more delicate sauce, and it was very good. Huge portions. The service was friendly and very competent. A free ratatouille type of appetizer was offered, and it was addictively good. The owner lent me his reading glasses, and was very cordial. We will be back to Charlotte's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oldie but Goodie!ocsummerfunDined on 10/2/2014Charlotte's has been a staple in Newtown Square for years and just as good as ever! I recently had lunch with a friend and our senior citizen mothers. The service was great and we weren't rushed as we visited together for over 2 hours. The server answered all our questions about several items on the menu and made recommendations. The meal was delicious! The soup was yummy and served nice and hot. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meal and we will definitely return.Special Features:
- MoreMoreDined on 9/27/2014Charlotte's is still my favorite place to dine and to celebrate any occasion. Please never change and never leave the area.Special Features:
- Great first time experiencedlofthouseDined on 9/15/2014Overall the service was excellent and the staff was very friendly! My husband and I will definitely be back and will bring our family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseDHDinerVIPDined on 9/13/2014Recommended by others, we were hungry as soon as we arrived due to the wonderful aroma of their fish specialties that evening. I had the house favorite, Charlottes crab cakes with a lobster sauce drizzled over it and they were excellent and already planning to return to get their seasonal pumpkin crab cakes. Service was attentive but not overbearing like many places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencesteveDined on 9/13/2014Everyone is friendly, the server was great and the food was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pickypatronpickypatronVIPDined on 9/13/2014Love the old world feel which includes friendly service and excellent food I started going to this restaurant at least 30 years ago, and the owners sons certainly know how to run a restaurant. I t is just as good or better than it was then.Special Features:
- Lovely place to dine!MrsJonesDined on 9/4/2014Met some friends at Charlotte's for lunch. Seating was quick and comfortable. The menu had something to suit everybody's varied tastes, from salad to sandwich to hot entree. We chose a booth which was perfect for conversation. We all enjoyed our lunches. (I had a cup of snapper soup with sherry with an Asian salad topped with grilled chicken.) Overall we were really happy with our choice to meet here. The decor is old-fashioned, which is a refreshing break from all the other places with loads of dim contemporary lighting or rustic stuff hanging on wood paneling. If you're looking for hip music, decorative plates with fusion food -- this isn't the place. We came for conversation and good food at a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1goodDined on 8/25/2014Had a nice family meal. The server was attentive even though she was very busy. Food was good. Went for the all you can eat crab legs. Salad and soup was good also. Friendly atmosphere.
- celebrationMoreDined on 8/20/2014We had 13 for dinner to celebrate my 80th birthday. It could not have been better. The service was the best and the food even better. We also had our 50th wedding party for about 45 people at Charlotte's. This is my favorite place to dine whatever the occasion.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceMikeDined on 8/18/2014Food was great and service was even better. My fiance had the all you can eat crab legs and I had the Blackened Tuna Steak with mushrooms, onions and rice. As someone who has worked as a server at many different types of restaurants, I expect and appreciate good service. My fiance and I both walked away inpressed and pleased. The owner took the time to introduce himself and explain the menu. The staff was friendly and punctual, but never intrusive to our dining experience. I always like when I see the staff helping each other out. I will definitely go back to try the other menu items. The decor was not my taste and probably won't appeal to the masses. It appeared dated although I get the impression this is on purpose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CrabcakeHeavenDined on 8/13/2014We celebrated my Father's 80 birthday at Charlotte's it is and will always be on our top 5 list of places to dine. Staff, Food and atmosphere cant be beat! Thank you very much for being a assest to my Dad's very special day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true neighborhood gem!delcodinerDined on 7/19/2014I can't say enough about Charlotte's. They treat you like family and there's something on the menu for everyone! Always consistent and always delicious!Special Features:
- Always Great Dining!SatisfiedDined on 7/18/2014Ours meals were delicious! Charlotte's always begins the meal with fresh bread and a delightful oil mixture for dipping. A vegetable mixture is also placed on the table. We ordered their traditional salad with Greek house dressings. Their salad includes feta, chickpeas, radishes, cucumber, tasty greens and grape tomatoes. My husband's dinner of chicken and mine of scallops were perfect. Always great dining!Special Features:
- Outdated decor does a disservice!!!BTerDined on 7/11/2014I wish the décor both inside and outside was a bit more updated - not necessarily modern - but newer. The food was delicious, but the ambience seemed stuffy, quiet, and like a place that my grandparents would go to. I took 2 clients and my intern here, and we all felt out of place (as we are all on the younger side, i.e. under 30). However, the crab cake was exceptional and our service was on par. Would revisit this place, but only for the food. This is not a place I would hang out and have a few drinks after dinner at - likely just eat and leave. Maybe good for special occasions, but I would bring my work clients to a more "hip" establishment in the future. This seems like a "retirement dinner" or "50th birthday" kind of place.Special Features:
- The following 247 reviews are from the Charlotte's - Newtown Square reviews archive.
- Delicious from start to finish!DonniDined on 6/21/2014The food was spectacular, the service delightful and the menu was creative. Mostly much older folks but it really needn't be. Maybe too pricey for younger people?Special Features:
- parkavesallydivine4crabDined on 6/16/2014I was especially pleased with your ability to serve a birthday cupcake for my grandson. Our server Jodie was very attentive and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperieinceLynnSugarDined on 6/12/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. The food & service were both commendable. Will be visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Twin PeaksAaronandTashaDined on 5/16/2014The food and service were good but not fantastic. A great place to take older parents or grandparents.Special Features:
- Not what it used to benotsocrabbycrabcakesDined on 5/14/2014Crabcakes used to be awesome, what I got were scallop cakes. I wondered why these "crabcakes" were rubbery, gave a taste to my companion and voila, it was scallops! No crab whatsoever and if there was crab, it was very well hidden. The wasabi mashed potatoes were unedible, had to change them to regular mashed. So much for the food. Our waitress was very busy and tried to be as attentive as possible. The Manager, needs to take a course in people skills, very "rough around the edges" and gives the impression he doesn't really care. Used to love this place, we won't be going here anymore.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceJHornDined on 5/10/2014Everytime I come here witch is every two weeks. Service is awesome. Delicious food. I have nothing bad to saySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night DinnerbltkrVIPDined on 5/10/2014Our orders were taken promptly. Appetizers arrived, I had to remind our server that I was to receive drawn butter with my clams. Salads arrived, no issues. There was a slight delay in serving our entrees, the restaurant was packed. It seemed like additional tables were added, which made it difficult for servers and customers to manuver between the tables. Our entrees arrived, my grilled asparagus did not. I had to ask twice for it; 3 stalks of asparagus. We ordered dessert; waited 15 minutes and asked one of the other servers to cancel dessert as we already finished our coffee and tea. One of the owners came over to appologize, stating that the kitchen was really backed up with desserts. This is the 3rd bad experience; we will not be back.
- Great Seafood, great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/9/2014Went here once and the reviews are right on. Great seafood selection and specials. Family owned business with a friendly atmosphere. One member of the family was playing piano and accordion throughout the night. Hard to find spots like this anymore!Special Features:
- Easter Dinner Spotkchriste19Dined on 4/20/2014We've been coming here for Easter dinner for many years. There is a great holiday menu and the food is very good. Service was a bit slow this time but it is Easter so it's understandable!Special Features:
- DHdinerDined on 4/20/2014Food and service was very good. A special Easter dinner menu was the only offerings available. We would have preferred lunch or brunch since it was a 12 Noon reservation. It would have been great to have this information from Open Table prior to our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and food. NicejudiDined on 4/12/2014Great service and food. Nice to have the owner introduce himself and shake our hands when we came in. A bit pricey but I don't mind that if the atmosphere, food and service are all worth it. At Charlotte's it is definitely worth it!Special Features:
- Delicious food and a decent placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/9/2014For the quality of food and service, the restaurant deserves more publicity and good sign-board to attract better attention. Service was quick and the staff efficient and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a very nice evening,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014We had a very nice evening, our server Amie was very attentive. We enjoyed our dinner and were not rushed and were able to have a nice dinner and great conversation with our friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family friendly dining!great4diningDined on 3/26/2014Love the creative dishes! Had the spinach ravioli with a spectacular rosa sauce! One person had the veal with prosciutto and spinach and thought it was great. Service was well-timed and friendly. Great value for the money!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence at homeTheredwinerVIPDined on 3/18/2014Charlottesville advertises as "The best kept secret in Delaware County." It is. The atmosphere is sophisticated but not stuffy. The food and presentation are excellent. The management and wait staff go out of their way to ensure a pleasant dining g experience. PLUS - the prices will not break the bank. One of my favorite places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJHornDined on 3/15/2014Very delicious food. Best service around. Highly recommend going there'sSpecial Features:
- Great foodChrisDined on 3/15/2014The food is always great at this restaurant. We enjoyed the piano player. The owner was very nice. It was the first time that I thought the waitress was not good. We saw her once after she took our order. Another kind gentleman stopped by the table and inquired, if we wanted another beverage.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedMike71Dined on 3/10/2014Have been by this place many times but never stopped in. Very glad we did this time, the whole experience was well worth it. Great food, great service, beautiful clean place, nice atmospher. Highly recommend this place, for special occasions, romantic dinner, or just a relaxing evening dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningBrooksDined on 2/15/2014Drove to Newtown Square on a snowy Saturday evening the day after Valentine's day to celebrate with my wife. We were warmly greeted, seated in a very comfortable booth and the wait staff soon provided wine and some warm fresh baked bread. Next a nice salad. My wife had the cod and crab which was excellent and was more than she could eat so some came home. I enjoyed Veal Saltimbocca also excellent. The owners were most gracious, chatting with us during the meal and again on the way out. All in all we were well pleased with Charlotte's.Special Features:
- Valentine's Day DisasterSatisfiedDined on 2/14/2014Restaurant is always a gem...just don't go on Valentine's Day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day at Charlotte'sTablehopperDined on 2/14/2014The items on the special menu were appealing and we enjoyed our selections.Side salad was ordinary, soup and entrees were very good. Service was dreadful. Being seated 35 minutes late was OK, they told us when we arrived that they were running 15-20 minutes behind. But after being seated it took an additional 35 minutes before a server came to us. Not even water. This after the host reassured us twice that someone was coming. The server apologized often for the delay, but I doubt that it was her fault. Had it been my restaurant I would have offered a discount or coupon to make up for this debacle. They really didn't seem to be prepared for the traffic.