Charlie's Trio Cafe
47 W Main St
Alhambra, CA 91801Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Charlie's Trio Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.charliestriocafe.com/
- Phone: 6262844943x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm;
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Californian
- Executive Chef: James Boyle
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We do offer a full catering menu for small and large groups. The catering menu is viewable on our website at http://charliestriocatering.com/.
We do deliver catering orders over $100 depending on the availability of a driver. Delivery fee is determined by distance from the restaurant.
- Special Events: Mondays & Tuesdays: 1/2 off all wine bottles
$20 select wine list Wednesday through Sunday.
HAPPY HOUR: 4 P.M. to 7 P.M. Monday through Friday.
LATE NIGHT HAPPY HOUR: 9 P.M. to 11 P.M.
FRIDAY: Release new weekly dinner specials.
- Cross Street: First St.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Directly behind us is a valet only parking lot at night. We do validate. Valet parking is $2 with validation. During lunch time parking is free. On first street north of Main St. on the West side of the street there is another night time valet parking lot. We do validate. On first street one block south of Main St. there is a free parking structure. All along First. St. there is free street parking with a 2 hour limit.
A word from Charlie's Trio Cafe
Great casual, family style, Italian restaurant in the heart of downtown Alhambra. Specializing in Italian food and American comfort food by Chef James Boyle. Charlie's Trio Cafe features a full bar with multiple TV's, happy hour, craft beer on tap, seasonal & holiday drinks specials, weekly food specials, weekly wine specials, in house made bread, pizza dough, sauces, dressings, desserts, & much more. Great for dining in, taking out, catering a special event, or enjoying a game.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Charlie's Trio Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (4)neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (3)kid-friendly (3)good for groups (3)late-night find (3)romantic (2)great for lunch (2)special occasion (1)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Chicken MarsalaMikeVIPDined on 9/11/2014It is to die for. Super flavorful. The service is excellent and the new decor and fresh look is very nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PSmithVIPDined on 8/22/2014Great Italian fare, and friendly staff. Good prices and always FRESH ingredients!Special Features:
- Great service & delicious foodRobandVDined on 8/9/2014We had a reservation but arrived early and were still seated without waiting. Waitress was attentive and food was delicious with short wait. Heirloom tomato salad is amazing.Special Features:
- DeliciousSxyladyDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The food was delicious, the ambiance was energetic yet still fun not too loud and still romantic. Service was great. Music was good. Drinks were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family TraditionMinnieTheMoochDined on 6/24/2014I have been eating at Charlie's Trio for 20 years. I have split my time between the original on Huntington Drive and the newer cafe on Main. The main reason I keep coming back is because of my favorite waiter Ross (Rosendo) who has gotten to me and my tastes. He is always attentive and happy. He knows me so well I don't even have to look at the menu. While I don't go out often because of finances when I do it is here and I feel like a queen!Special Features:
- The following 13 reviews are from the Charlie's Trio Cafe reviews archive.
- Alhambra's Best Italian RestaurantMariaVIPDined on 6/6/2014Charlie's Trio is my favorite local Italian restaurant. The food is delicious. The staff are extremely friendly and caring. My favorite local restaurant on a Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spotBellaVIPDined on 5/17/2014If you like straight ahead food cooked well then this is the place for you. Nothing surprised but the salad was overdressed, even after requesting light dressing. It was quiet so event though busy you could carry on a normal level conversation.Special Features:
- 3 Reasons to choose Charlie'sTimeforTeaDined on 4/25/2014Our hostess, waiter and waitress made our dining experience fabulous. Delicious food, wonderful staff so we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming restaurant; excellent fooddowntownmanVIPDined on 2/14/2014Went here for Valentine's Day, is not the fanciest of places but the food speaks for itself. Very satisfied and economical place to dine.Special Features:
- enjoyedbigtom91380Dined on 1/29/2014great spot for a first date or any other times good menu great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite spots inPSmithVIPDined on 12/30/2013One of my favorite spots in Alhambra!!! GREAT Italian entrees and always inventive!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Came highly recommended. Didn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/18/2013Came highly recommended. Didn't disappoint. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love their Broasted chicken.PSmithVIPDined on 11/27/2013Love their Broasted chicken. And Marsala chicken. Great pasta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best neighborhood restaurantMariaVIPDined on 11/8/2013Charlie's Trio is one of Alhambra's best neighborhood restaurants. The food is delicious and the atmosphere is friendly. The staff is always personable and hospitable. I have been coming here for over 14 years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicecocoVIPDined on 10/13/2013Charlie's Trio Cafe is a great family cozy cafe to eat at. The butter squash ravioli was excellent and crab pasta dish was excellent. The service was excellent and the manager even came to say hi and chatted a bit with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT local eatery in Alhambra!!!PSmithVIPDined on 9/12/2013GREAT local eatery in Alhambra!!! GREAT Italian!!! and a fine staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty regular here, and foundwoooVIPDined on 8/28/2013Pretty regular here, and found a new menu! Many of the same, but lots new - Seems like it about as same to me. Service was a little off this time though. Seemed like they might of been a little short that evening. Food? Good as ever. Decent portions for the cost - very comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!GabAdDined on 8/13/2013The food was great but the restaurant itself needs a makeover. Not a place if you want a romantic dinner. This is more of a casual restaurant with quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.