Charlie Palmer at The Joule
1530 Main St.
Dallas, TX 75201Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Charlie Palmer at The Joule
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.charliepalmer.com/
- Phone: 2142614600
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm Breakfast: Sunday - Saturday: 6:30am - 10:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Charlie Palmer
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Charlie Palmer catering can provide food and beverages for any occasion and party size. The possibilities are limited only by your imagination.
- Private Party Facilities: Several private dining and conference room choices are available, please call our restaurant for details.
- Private Party Contact: Enam Chowdhury 2142614600
- Special Events: Happy Hour - Monday - Thursday 3:00pm - 7:00pm Introducing Charlie Palmer's new $5 happy hour. Wind down (or up, depending on your plans) after work for select sips, brews & bites for just $5 each.
A word from Charlie Palmer at The Joule
When hospitality entrepreneur Charlie Palmer comes to town, you can expect the master chef’s signature elevated American cooking—and more. Although based on culinary tradition with a deep and lasting infusion of classical French cuisine, Palmer’s food has always been an extension of his personality—and there’s no denying that he’s a big American guy. Influenced by his childhood experience working in his family’s vegetable garden, Palmer was an early advocate of farm over factory food. In 1988, he made a landmark commitment to creating dishes featuring regional American ingredients at his sublime three-star Aureole, situated in a brownstone off Manhattan’s Madison Avenue. “In Texas, we’re going beyond free range,” says Palmer. “We’re into free will.” Although the menu features entrees in all the major categories from meat to shellfish, how the meal comes together depends on the individual diner. “Why shouldn’t we let people choose sides,” asks the chef.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Charlie Palmer at The Joule reviews from OpenTable diners
- Our favorite spotdkarelVIPDined on 9/15/2013We have always considered CP as one of our favorite restaurants in Dallas. News that CP will be shuttered this week for a major redo was a bit of a shock. We anxiously await the reopening and renewing our relationship with this standout ktichen and bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal experience!ClassyguyDined on 8/30/2013Charlie Palmer's restaraunt is great place to relax and most importantly be catered to. The food was top-notch and if your are wanting to impress or treat that special person this is the place. 100% satisfiedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOTDinerVIPDined on 8/16/2013Our so-so experience began at the reception desk. The hostess was unprofessional in appearance and demeanor. The bar area was nice, but there were only a few people there. Drinks were good. We waited for nearly 45 minutes and were finally escorted to our table. We were surprised to see so many open tables despite the long wait. Our waiter, John, was great, and even he commented on how long we had been waiting. Appetizer shrimp and grits were tasty, but the grits were cold. Corn soup was tasty. The blue cheese crusted fillet lacked flavor. The special pasta was good. The wine and wine selection was great. Overall, I was expecting more, and this is not a restaurant I would have to rush back try again.
- A very nice birthday dinner!BrunchloverVIPDined on 8/16/2013A very nice birthday dinner! We always enjoy celebrating special occasions here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- John, the waiter, was FANTASTIC!!KristinaDined on 8/3/2013John, the waiter, was FANTASTIC!! It was my boyfriend's 31st birthday. We had his surprise party to go to after, so I tried to eat light. He had the 26 ounce AMAZING rib eye though. OMG. Very savory and delicious! Cooked in a red wine reduction, I believe. SO good. John the Waiter spoiled us! He gave us complimentary shrimp and lobster mini corn dogs as appetizers. Then, he gave my BF a perferct red wine to go with his steak and gave me another glass of champagne. THEN, he gave us a complimentary YUMMY dessert for his Bday. THEN, he gave us these 3 little fuit/chocolate candies...THEN sent us off with cute little ginger cookies wrapped in ribbon-- like party favors. The restaurant was only 40% full but sevrice was 5 star!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a ShameKateDined on 8/3/2013Years ago when I went to Charlie Palmer the first time during Restaurant Week, it was toe-tapping good. I suggested it to my husband's work group the next holiday season and it was great. This year, I took a friend of mine for her birthday and it was as if we were in a different restaurant. The menu was not enticing, the service was abomidable and the food tasted mediocre. I was so disappointed. It's off my list now.Special Features:
- Great anniversary!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/2/2013The food was terrific and our waiter, John, was one of the best ever. Ask for him! Thanks to all for making our anniversary special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a business lunchBrotherBDined on 7/30/2013The food was great and innovative, but not ostentatious or over the top. It was moderately priced for the quality. The restaurant was quiet and it felt like we were having a private meeting. The service was attentive. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Food was good, but servicemarloweDined on 7/30/2013Food was good, but service was slow for a business lunch (1 hour 20 minutes total time at the table). Also we were not asked for drink orders.Special Features:
- Very dissapointedkarenbDined on 7/23/2013The food was mediocre at best. The shrimp cocktail was drenched in sauce and not impressive. The Salmon was very inferior to Capital Grill & Mercury. The salads were nothing exciting.
- Haven't been here in a fewLove2EatVIPDined on 6/29/2013Haven't been here in a few years and it was great to see that the food is still excellent. It is just sad that it isn't busier, being downtown must be hard to keep people coming back. The filet was fantastic and the brussel sprouts are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a great spot!Phigamma7VIPDined on 6/25/2013A really great restaurant in a very cool hotel makes for a successful evening. Great menu, great service, excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnergloriaDined on 6/22/2013Our evening at Charlie Palmer was delightful. We arrived about 15 min before our reservation time and had a wonderful conversation at the bar and great cocktails. We took our time and allowed to go to our table when we were ready. Upon arriving at the table we were served a two glasses of outstanding champaign as we were celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary. The Sommelier, Jeffry was friendly and warm and we discovered mutual friends at San Martino Winery. Jeffery honored our selections while also bringing us other pairings to try. Our waitress was fantastic, just the right blend between attentive and not fussy. After we decided between two desserts she brought the other as her gift to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was excellent. ServiceBigtravelerVIPDined on 6/21/2013It was excellent. Service was first rate. Food and drinks were very good. The restaurant itself is also very nice. We will go back when in town again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice downtown restaurantDadwithteenagersVIPDined on 6/11/2013We had dinner here before a play. We had excellent heirloom salad which was the special. The scallops and blue cheese crusted filet mignon were both excellent. The waiter Jon made excellent wine and meal suggestions.Special Features:
- Treated Special made us feel importGimbifiedDined on 5/26/2013Celebrating 10 years of marriage! John our waiter was impressive and treated us like family. We could tell that he loved his job and he got to know us as people not just patrons. Hard to find someone that generally cares about the people they serve. Matthew the manager on duty came an spoke to us and we got more of the same. They made it seem like they were there specifically for us. I cannot express my gratitude amply for the ambiance they created for us that night. My wife an I had a very special meal, and were given a wonderful time by a top notch staff. John and Matt were awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Choice for a Romantic DinnerfortgDined on 5/26/2013My sister gave me a gift card for the Charlie Palmer restaurant locate in the Joule Hotel in Dallas and what a nice gift! The hostess was very accomodating in allowing us a slow drink at the bar before being seated. John our waiter was great at describing the dishes my wife and I had questions about. He also was very patient with our slow pace which we really appreciated. From the time we walked in the door until we left was three hours, which for us was perfect. My wife had the Scottish salmon and it was cooked perfectly with a moist pink center along with a side of Makers Mark Mushrooms. I had the quail accompanied by lobster mac and cheese which I was quite pleased with. We would love to have a Charlie Palmer in Fort Worth!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- John our server is one ofTimoVIPDined on 5/20/2013John our server is one of the best I have had in dining in the US. Everything he did was over the Top and very attentive without be obtrusive. If you have the opportunity to xperience his service please do request him!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedConventionAttendeeDined on 5/8/2013Made reservations to take clients here for lunch on two different occasions. Almost embarrassingly slow service even though it wasn't all that busy. Constantly having to call over staff who seemed to not have a concept of timing for eating a meal. The second time I went my guests just left as they got tired of waiting for the waitress to take care of the the check. Food was good although the bread on my sandwich was way too hard. I understand Charlie Palmer has retired out west, so I report he is not supporting management enough to keep quality up. Take your guests somewhere else.
- The food and service exceededOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/4/2013The food and service exceeded our expectations. First of all, they were so hospitable to allow an increase in the number of parties from 2 to 3. Their appetizers were very creative. Their desserts were heavenly. What took the cake away was the humungous servings of their Boned in Ribeye and their New York Strip. Our server should have warned us that instead of shrinking upon grilling, it appears their steaks expanded a hundredfold! We called it killing me softly with kindness. One of the juiciest steaks I have ever tasted until the last bite bar none! We will keep coming back here. Aureole in NYC deserves another visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is not the place forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/24/2013This is not the place for a prospect/customer lunch. It was so stiff and quite in the restaurant that I felt my customer and I couldn't have a decent conversation without everyone else hearing. I didn't like the fact there are no windows either. The food was just average, nothing that impressive.
- For a restaurant of this caliberOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/9/2013For a restaurant of this caliber to be unable to serve either a recent vintage Cakebread or Caymus cab, both listed on the wine card, is truly absurd. These can be purchased at any wine shop in Dallas. I suspect it was because the price list was not updated and, if honored, would have required selling these at less than the Dallas customary and outrageous 2.5 to 3x markup that we are plagued with.
- Special OccasionBDMaustinVIPDined on 4/7/2013We were here on a Sunday night and we were one of only 4 tables occupied. We received awesome service and treated like royalty. The food was delicious especially the fois gras appetizer. They are known for their steaks, so that is what we got and they were cooked to perfection. The interiors were very warm and inviting. Overall a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- We were a group having dinnerDadwithteenagersVIPDined on 3/26/2013We were a group having dinner pre theater. Staff was extremely helpful and aware of our 730 pm current. Filet with blue cheese outstanding as was the peanut butter dessert.Special Features:
- Service was great, peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/22/2013Service was great, people were very friendly and accomodating. Wine list had great value! We'll go back!Special Features:
- We all enjoyed our meals andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/16/2013We all enjoyed our meals and our server was very attentive and pleasant. However, besides one other table, we were the only ones dining on a Saturday night. Also, they no longer allow restaurant patrons to access the rooftop bar at the Joule pool.
- Great food and server AaronSkibumVIPDined on 3/16/2013Great food and server Aaron was very knowledgeable and helfulSpecial Features:
- Courtney our wait person couldOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/16/2013Courtney our wait person could not have been sweeter or more attentive. She really made it the perfect birthday celebration. The kitchen staff went out of their way to create a couple of requests to make it even more special. Thank you so much.Special Features:
- From NZ, we were in town forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/14/2013From NZ, we were in town for just a few days for work. My company was hosting our key client and I wanted to impress. This is the place! We wandered up to the pool to enjoy the roof top view (close city scape)and enjoy a pre-dinner cocktail. Then down to the restaurant for dinner. Staff were extremely capable and pleasant and made us feel very welcome even though one of our team was pretty under dressed. No stuffiness here but a tonne of elegance. Our meals were fantastic and so much so our lovely wait person brought out the chef who sat down and had a glass of wine with our table. A great night had by all and I can't fault the experience. Cheers!Special Features:
- Great as always. The serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 3/9/2013Great as always. The service and food will not disappoint you.Special Features:
- The food was all it was saidOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013The food was all it was said to be, absolutely amazing! Would have liked a little cozier spot, was there for a romantic dinner with my husband and we had to sit very far apart.Special Features:
- We loved the feel of the place.HriiderVIPDined on 3/6/2013We loved the feel of the place. I definitely would return.Special Features:
- Excellent Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/28/2013The service was excellent! Lacy was the best. The desert the manager sent over was very sweet. We will be back.Special Features:
- Food was excellent! ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013Food was excellent! Service was ok, the guy who was serving us left us and thankfully the girl serving table next to us took care of us! Sat at the bar after dinner and had a great time.Special Features:
- Enon is always a graciousdkarelVIPDined on 2/22/2013Enon is always a gracious host and his staff are first rate. To a person, they understand the importance of great service. The food is always top shelf, well prepared and elegantly presented. CP is our go to place.Special Features:
- The food and service weretonisVIPDined on 2/22/2013The food and service were excellent. We loved the bread selections and the diverse menu. However, the valet parking service was really slow.Special Features:
- We had extraordinary Valentine'sBrunchloverVIPDined on 2/15/2013We had extraordinary Valentine's weekend dinner.we ordered off the regular menu and could not have been more pleased. Everything was fabulous! The service was also spot on. We always enjoy coming here for special occasions!Special Features:
- The food was good, howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013The food was good, however the portions were moderately small. I felt like everything was a bit over priced, but it was a great experience overall.Special Features:
- Bait and SwitchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013A week before, I called and specifically asked if there were a la carte items available, or if it was prix fix only (it was Valentine's Day). The hostess said a la carte items would be available. Once we got there, we sat down and said we were not interested in the prix fix, but would like to see the regular menu. The waitress said the only food option was prix fix; she was very inflexible, and made no attempt to accommodate our request. We did not appreciate the fact that it was now 9 p.m. on Valentine's Day and we really had no option but to stay. The two prix fix options were $70 or $85...way more than we'd planned on spending. So we actually split one prix fix, and felt embarrassed.Special Features:
- A Valentine to remember!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2013A nice, romantic Valentine dinner with attentive service, wonderful prix fixe menu and cocktails from the bar that were just right! The ladies were each given a long stem rose, a nice touch.Special Features: