Charlie Palmer Steak - Reno
2500 East 2nd St.
Reno, NV 89595Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Charlie Palmer Steak - Reno
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.charliepalmer.com/Properties/CPSteak/Reno/
- Phone: 7757892456
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm; Friday-Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm; Lounge: Sunday-Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm; Friday-Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: David Holman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Charlie Palmer catering can provide food and beverages for any occasion and party size.
- Special Events: Visit our self serve wine bar The Reserve, where you can taste over 80 wines by the ounce or glass complemented by a delicious selection of appetizers from Chef Charlie Palmer.
A word from Charlie Palmer Steak - Reno
Progressive American cuisine pioneer, Charlie Palmer, continues his West Coast trail with Charlie Palmer Steak, Reno: a contemporary steakhouse that feels more like a clubhouse wrapped with blonde wooden walls and textured fabrics in midnight blue, deep terracotta and espresso. In the kitchen, Executive Chef Dave Holman continues the clubhouse feel with neo-traditional steakhouse fare such as Oregon Wagyu Beef Short Ribs with Garlicky Gremolata and classic tableside service of Steak Diane. The trademark eclectic wine list is strong in America bottlings focused on the Northwest and including rare single-vineyard bottles.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Charlie Palmer Steak - Reno - Best Restaurants in Reno ›
Charlie Palmer Steak - Reno reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (38)romantic (30)notable wine list (20)fit for foodies (17)good for groups (15)neighborhood gem (6)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- Great Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Loved this place. Great food, great service and the overall feel wasn't too uptight, but not too casual either.Special Features:
- Good food, excellent serviceGdeeksDined on 9/11/2014Located in the Grand Sierra Resort & Casino, but quite effectively shut out the casino noise. Very comfortable booth seating and quiet enough to converse at normal level. Food was very good, up there with the best of the better steakhouses. Oysters on half shell were extremely fresh. Don't usually use sauce on steak, but was served three - béarnaise, house steak sauce, chimichurri - and all were excellent. Ranch dressing on salad was better than most. Lamb chops were delicious and cooked perfectly. Outstanding, if pricey, wine list. Highlight was the staff. Fully staffed - hostess, maître d, sommelier, waiter, busboys, manager - all were extremely professional, knowledgeable, and attentive. One of the most enjoyable dinners out we've had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food!bj916Dined on 9/6/2014My husband had the steak, bone in rib eye. It was huge! Food was soo good! Servers were very attentive. Not much to choose from in Chardonnays. The steak kabob appetizer was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and servicec600gDined on 9/4/2014We have dined at Charlie Palmer Steak in Reno on three separate occasions, and each time the quality of the food and service has been exceptional. We will be back again in the future, without a doubt.Special Features:
- Service great! Food bland...keleanoraDined on 9/2/2014Service was great. Our waitress went above and beyond. Dinner was OK..not bad - not great..somewhere in the bland in between. The quality of the beef does not fit the price.
- Almost perfectGeekyGalDined on 9/2/2014Charlie Palmer's is one of my favorite places. They are attentive and we usually have a great time. It was our wedding anniversary and they made it special. We had french champagne which I had pre-ordered. I was looking forward to a butter poached lobster, but they had a grilled lobster with a Ritz cracker stuffing! YUK!!! Neither of our servers could quite explain the lobster, so I took a chance. I like my lobster pure and buttery. This was not. My husband had the halibut, he loved it! We had salads and of course the CP fries. Other than the lobster not meeting my expect ions, it was a nice meal, and a great place to celebrate our anniversary. I should have ordered the steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great service!foodcrazeDined on 8/30/2014The food was great! Really enjoyed the style of the restaurant and all of the staff was very friendly and attentive. Only thing I did NOT enjoy was the table we were seated at! It was right next to where they have their silverware and wait for the bartender's drinks, so we constantly had 3 to 4 waiters standing by our table. It ruined the potential for a romantic dinner because it felt like no privacy. Overall, great place to eat, just request a table away from a server station.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerVIPDined on 8/27/2014Good, well prepared food in an excellent setting. The wait staff is fabulous -our main server Julian remembered us from previous visits, the wine steward spent time chatting with us about the wines and when a member of our party mentioned a food allergy the kitchen went out of their way to make sure that there was no accidental exposure. A fantastic evening and yes, we will be back soon.Special Features:
- awesome dinnerNewfieDined on 8/25/2014one of the best dinners we have had - price was great for the quality and quantity.Special Features:
- Consistently Fantastic!DinemeistersDined on 8/7/2014If you haven't eaten here, it's a must! It's a STEAK restaurant, so the menu is mostly steak...imagine that. The service and food is incredible, and the service is always fantastic! This restaurant is most definately one of the top ones in Reno!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazinghmbladyDined on 7/30/2014Truly a fine dining experience, wish we lived closer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall very good foodFoodisgoodDined on 7/18/2014Charlie Palmer Steakhouse was overall a good choice for my group. For some reason the kitchen that night was pretty backed up. We waited a good 45min for our salads and an additional 60min for our entree's. However, all other service was spot on, wine list was good, and friendliness of staff awesome. I'd assume it was a one time thing and therefore would def eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Experience in RenoHonyGeeDined on 7/14/2014Looking for a nice dinner in an atmosphere that different from the smoke-filled casino the restaurant is inside (Grand Sierra Resort in Reno, NV), we decided to give the in-house steakhouse a try. I was quite nice. The food was good and service was better. The staff was very attentive. Made good wine selection. Someone had recommended the short ribs to me...I won't do the same. NBot bad but not worth the price.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special Evening...Notez2plzDined on 7/13/2014The martinis were excellent, every bite of food worth savoring and the service impeccable! A real surprise, beyond expectations, our new #1 in Reno.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Three times in three months!!NancyfromRenoDined on 7/5/2014My sons and I went 3 months ago to launch a 4 month hike they were off to. Had an amazing dinner, not only was the food delicious but our server Angelica was over the top knowledgeable about the aging of the steaks and so detailed in her description of the chefs specials. I had a friend visiting from out of town and I suggested we eat at CP. again service and food was memorable. Hes coming back this month and wants to make sure that we eat there again! My 3rd experience was again was with Angelica. She remembered my sons and myself and asked specifically how their trip was going!!! Its hard these days to find exceptional food, but professional customer service seems to becoming even more rare. My hats off to CP's and their staff!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- theolfoxDined on 6/29/2014The steak was very good, if overpriced some. The rest of everything was way overpriced. The service was haphazard, as we didn't really know who was doing what. However, the wait for the food was ridiculous. Possibly the slowest service we have ever experienced. Went there several years ago and didn't care for it then. This time was worse. Will never patronize again.
- AverageAdamVIPDined on 6/27/2014Way too loud for our group of three. Poor seating decision .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OK IMOnorthcoastDined on 6/26/2014This CP location has no natural client base and has a bit of "probably never see them again" mindset. Onion soup v good. Salad very little dressing..extra blue cheese, 1oz=$2 upcharge. Out of stock on TWO of the wines I chose from list. Sommelier..no attempt to say well let us offer you another bottle in the same price range at the price of the ones you chose. Filet average..good..$38/10 oz with no garnish, just little salad. Lamb chops excellent. Creamed spinach bitter. Have dined here before but will not do so again. Servers were v nice. In short IMO this location does not value each diner as an individual dining experience. BTW they do a tableside Bananas Foster that looks v nice, seldom see tableside flambee anymore.
- Going downhillrealisticexpectationDined on 6/19/2014The salad was awful and just massive leaves; needed a knife to cut it. The blue cheese dressing was no dressing at all; was crumbled blue cheese on top and got charged extra for it. The entrees used to include a side in addition to the salad but now they ask you which sides you want and charge you in addition for them. In previous visits your drink couldn't go down more than halfway before they would fill it up; not the case this time. Went ten minutes without a drink. Despite the special occasion ambiance and pricing, there is no dress code or requirements of any kind. Show up in your sandals and tank top, have your kids make lots of noise, and talk on your cell phone. Lack of standards and menu changes make it not worth going again.
- Horrible/Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2014We have visited many times and this is by far the worst experience we have received. We ended up walking out and not eating our dinner. We ordered wine from the Sommelier who at first was attentive, once my husband tipped him, we never saw him again, very rude! Second, several tables came in after us and received their food way before we even ended up eating. We were told our food was coming out in two minutes and it never came, so we walked out. Never saw our real waiter, just the gal who was helping him. After that the manager came over and my husband explained to him the whole situation, he apologized and wanted to make it up. By that time, it was too late, we paid for our wine and left. Probably will not be eating there anymore!Special Features:
- Great place to eat.Kings6907Dined on 6/9/2014We went there for your 7 year anniversary. As soon as we got there, we were greeted with great service. All the employees seemed to be happy and in a great mood. We both ordered steaks and they were perfectly cooked. The meat just melted in our mouths. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded my expectationsBriWDined on 6/6/2014I would definitely go back. The food & service were both incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Very GoodrenodeanVIPDined on 6/4/2014Service was excellent as expected. This was my first time dining here. I have dined several times at Charlie Palmer's other restaurant, Briscola. I ordered the Lobster Tempura appetizer. It was dry, bland and chewy. That's why I gave the 4 stars instead of 5. For my main course, I ordered the Halibut. It was incredible! I asked for the twice baked potato with truffle oil instead of the risotto. Again, incredible. It also came with a signature salad which was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Porterhouse for ThreeBenihahaDined on 5/27/2014Between the three of us, we couldn't finish the 46 ounce porterhouse. But first, the bread that they served was so flaky and warm, along with jalapeno muffin and sour dough breads. The chef brought out a complementary fried chicken ball w alioli sauce. The only downfall, mine had two chicken bones in it. I mentioned it to the waiter, but he didn't say anything about it. The Bib salad that came along with the porterhouse was okay, but it was worth it to try the french onion soup. That too was shared between the three of us. It had a huge puff pastry that the waiter opened with a knife. To end the dinner, they gave us complimentary truffles and Madeline like cookies with a blackberry in the middle for dessert.Special Features:
- The following 589 reviews are from the Charlie Palmer Steak - Reno reviews archive.
- very good experience.MiamiMikeDined on 5/19/2014Servers were very attentive and gave solid recommendations. Our reservation requested a booth, and we were taken to a nice booth in a quiet area, which was great. The reservation also specifically mentioned a birthday, which was forgotten and I had to tell the server, which was a little disappointing. The food was very, very good. Our Oscar filet was not as lean as it should have been and had a long vein and some gristle. Otherwise I would have upgraded to outstanding. Overall experience was very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodMikekDined on 5/16/2014The food was great. The wait staff was excellent and very attentive. We made the reservation for the 16th and upon finishing dinner, booked again for the following evening.Special Features:
- It's Charlie Palmer, what else.DanFromCTDined on 5/11/2014I've been to other Palmer properties and this one is as superb as my experiences would indicate. We ate there on Mother's Day 2014 and there was a special menu in addition to the regular. Food was magnificent, service was stellar and everyone in the party was completely satisfied. It is definitely on my very short list for my next trip to Reno.Special Features:
- Mothers DayCorabelleDined on 5/11/2014Had a wonderful time with my daughter and new Grandaughter at Reno CP,(went to the one in OC often). Our server was wonderful and gave us great attention. The Chef came out to introduce himself witch I thought was a nice gesture. He was a delight to speak with! The spread for Mothers Day brunch was amazing, so much to choose from! The only problem I had on this first time dining experience at Reno CP, was a rude Latin man who was running/incharge of the buffet. I had overheard him saying (they were closing it down at 2:00 I ask him if that was true and he said “yes”. I explained that we had a reservation at 1:30 and had only started to dine. He was uninterested in that we would only be able to celebrate Mothers Day for a half hourSpecial Features:
- RedeemedDinerVIPDined on 5/3/2014After having a so so experience in March we gave it another try for a friend's birthday. House salads werevery good, but next time the beet salad will be my choice as it was excellent. We all had either filets or prime rib and they were perfectly cooked to order. CP fries are a must. Always leave room for dessert as the sweets are tasty and nicely presented. Our server, Patrick recognized us from previous visits and was nicely attentive. Great night and we'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- do not go for steak or tuna44BezoDined on 5/2/2014Rib eye was tough for fourty dollars very disapointing i have had a better steak at sizzler. No joke. Tuna tasted like it was smothered in salt so so salty texture was on spot but too salty to enjoy the tuna taste.Special Features:
- Awesome place to eat.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014This was a great place to have a romantic dinner. The food and service was fantastic. I would diffently return there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We've had betterbusygirlDined on 4/25/2014In the past, the food was awesome, but the last few time we have gone the steaks are cooked wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food SidesdebbyDined on 4/20/2014Everything was good except for Eggs Benedict, could not cut through English muffin on bottom and as usual egg was not juicy and it was very strange to not have sides like mashed potatoes or scalloped only breakfast potatoes to go with entrée like ham or prime rib. Champagne was not flowing had to ask for it. So in conclusion, a bit too expensive for what was offered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentPokerPlayerDined on 4/19/2014Excellent food. We had the kobe beef and it was delicious. Worth the price. Nice private booth. Professional, friendly service. . We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two TimeDinermanDined on 4/17/2014My group ate their twice in the span of three days. It has a great atmosphere, we were Martini freaks and there was pathetic selection of upscale gins, and on the second night, they were out of Hendricks; the wine list on the other hand has something for everyone; very intelligent with some sleeping beauties; Steve the wine steward was knowledgeable and introduced us to some special treats; folks were very happy with the salads, unhappy with the lumpy lobster bisque; the complimentary desserts was quite good. I recommend an outing; this venue was quite better than their restaurant in Las Vegas.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperiencejohnVIPDined on 4/7/2014Dined at this location twice. Once with our children and once just the two of us. Both visits were wonderful. The food was fantastic and the service was wonderful. It is very child friendly. This past visit was just my wife & I. We split a meal which was no problem and no additional charge. They even split the salad and gave us Caeser that is listed on the menu as a tableside two or more option. We are from the wine county and brought a bottle of our own wine. This restaurant has a corking fee of $25 or free if you purchase a 2nd bottle. We just wanted our one bottle and they waived the corking fee. I would absolutely recommend this spot for couples and families.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was okJmorganDined on 4/1/2014It's no ruth Chris that's for sure I would only go if I where staying in this hotel but I'm sure there are better choosesI would recommend this to a friend.
- Karla and friends.Bentley2Dined on 3/30/2014We met for dinner at the time of our reservation and they sat us immediately in a nice booth. All the wait staff were very helpful with all our needs. We shared a steak between the 3 girls, grilled veggies, mushrooms and we each had a salad. The wrong salad came out and we had to wait a little bit for the right one to come out but was worth the wait. When one of the girls husband came to join us the staff did not come over to see if he wanted something to eat. They eventually took his order and hustled up his salad then steak for dinner and was eating along side us. They brought out little deserts and gave us each a to-go banana nut bread all wrapped up. We came from different states to see each other to this was most important. Again? yesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Conflicted VisitProfessorJakeVIPDined on 3/24/2014My dinner was very good. I started with the French onion soup and it was wonderful. For my entrée I had the filet mignon, which was very good. We skipped dessert because we were too full. They do have great desserts we've indulged in and enjoyed immensely. Service was less than what you would expect from an establishment of this supposed caliber. Wine took a noticeable while to arrive after placing an order. The major drawback of the evening though was my wife had the baked oysters Rockefeller. She said it was very good and she was pleased, but that's not how she felt later in the evening. I'll just say she was up several times during the night visiting the restroom. I'm sure that paints the picture clearly enough. Proceed with caution.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charlie PalmerBonnieVIPDined on 3/23/2014While staying at The Grand Sierra Resort, my husband and I had dinner at Charlie Palmer Steak. Our servers, Darrell and Angelina, were simply amazing. They were helpful with the menu, extremely attentive, and very pleasant. The food was outstanding, it was hot when it arrived at the table and cooked to perfection. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone that wants an outstanding dining experience.Special Features: