Charlie Palmer Steak - Reno
2500 East 2nd St.
Reno, NV 89595Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Charlie Palmer Steak - Reno
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.charliepalmer.com/Properties/CPSteak/Reno/
- Phone: 7757892456
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm; Friday-Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm; Lounge: Sunday-Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm; Friday-Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: David Holman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Charlie Palmer catering can provide food and beverages for any occasion and party size.
- Special Events: Visit our self serve wine bar The Reserve, where you can taste over 80 wines by the ounce or glass complemented by a delicious selection of appetizers from Chef Charlie Palmer.
A word from Charlie Palmer Steak - Reno
Progressive American cuisine pioneer, Charlie Palmer, continues his West Coast trail with Charlie Palmer Steak, Reno: a contemporary steakhouse that feels more like a clubhouse wrapped with blonde wooden walls and textured fabrics in midnight blue, deep terracotta and espresso. In the kitchen, Executive Chef Dave Holman continues the clubhouse feel with neo-traditional steakhouse fare such as Oregon Wagyu Beef Short Ribs with Garlicky Gremolata and classic tableside service of Steak Diane. The trademark eclectic wine list is strong in America bottlings focused on the Northwest and including rare single-vineyard bottles.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Charlie Palmer Steak - Reno - Best Restaurants in Reno ›
Charlie Palmer Steak - Reno reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (40)romantic (35)fit for foodies (25)notable wine list (25)good for groups (13)neighborhood gem (7)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/25/2014Friendly efficient service, Food is well presented, but lacks finesse. Upscale Steakhouse with no Prime Beef.Special Features:
- FABULOUS!!TawnyaDined on 10/24/2014Celebrated a birthday there! Great experience! Staff was AMAZING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charlie Palmer's SteakhouseBirthdayDined on 10/21/2014Had reservations for my lady friend and I at 6:00 PM on Tuesday the 21st of October. Well with one thing and another going on I had to call Charlie Palmer's a couple of times to tell them we would be late. We finally arrived at about 7:30 PM. The staff from the front of the house to the kitchen were more than helpful. Fantastic service, fantastic food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tahofireDined on 10/19/2014It was my wife's' birthday and they went the extra step without asking for anything. Very accommodating, friendly and I would recommend them very highly.Special Features:
- 43rd Anniversary was AwesomeRonBDined on 10/17/2014One of those places you keep for special occasions...a real 5-star place to dine. The somme suggested a terrific wine to accompany our steaks. Wow, those steaks were just delicious and cooked to perfection. The service was really great, professional, quiet and assisted me discreetly when I got some steak sauce on my jacket. I can't say enough about the service....so rare these days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another notch in my foodie belt!NMfoodieDined on 10/10/2014Great meal! I had the petite filet and lobster, my hubby the ribeye with crab side. Great! Our friend had a side of prawns with his steak that were not impressive. Bread basket was amazing! Fantastic service!!!!! Love the dessert goodie bag they send you home with too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not what it used to besacrobinVIPDined on 10/10/2014We used to love going to Charlie Palmer whenever we were in Reno. It is still good, but no longer great--especially for this price point. The menu is more limited than it used to be. My husband's filet was nicely done, but my salmon was just okay. And the house salad, included with our entrees, was basically a small wedge salad without bleu cheese--nothing special; we missed the old house salad, which was a mix of baby lettuces with cucumber and tomato. The side of grilled veggies had a nice assortment, but the eggplant was tough and chewy. Nice variety of breads, but the butter came out very hard--tough to spread. Service was very nice, though.
- Awesome time at CPMonabumDined on 10/4/2014We love to eat here every time we go to Reno thank you for the wonderful food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome experiencecharlierocksDined on 10/3/2014Had a great time celebrating another anniversary here. Will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/28/2014Very nice restaurant. The service was good and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Best service I've ever hadSteakloversDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I couldn't stop talking about the excellent customer service we had during our dinner! The whole staff demonstrated a genuine interest in us and really went out of the way to please!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chimichurri sauce has to changeBenihahaDined on 9/22/2014This is our second time to Charlie Palmer and as always, the service was very efficient. To our disappointment we found out that the french onion soup was removed from the menu and replaced with a clam chowder. Also disappointing was the chimichurri sauce, the waiter told us they now emulsified it, it looked like tomatillo sauce and didn't taste as fresh as we remember it when it was oil based, but we will keep coming back for the porterhouse steak for two, the breads and complimentary surprises from the chef. The freshly baked brioche and truffles for dessert were a lovely touch.Special Features:
- LOVE. THIS.PLACE.EvilOreoVIPDined on 9/20/2014Best servers (Erwyn and Angelina)! Awesome team. Very awesome sommelier! Food is always top notch. I usually order the filet but switched it up this time and had the New York Strip which h=was just as wonderful. The grilled corn was excellent also, I usually order the potatoes. We eat here at least once every time we come to Reno.Special Features:
- Great for Special OccaionSaw2at60Dined on 9/20/2014There for 60th bday; always wanted to eat here but never time or $$! printed off menu before so knew what we wanted. Hostess, servers, table staff all on top of details, great customer service. I ordered salmon, spouse got KC Ribeye; sides were mushrooms, Yukon gold puree, house salads, bread assortment, cocktails. All very tasty, loved fresh hot breads, butter too cold to spread, it tore bread. Salads just right, house dressing unique (spouse got Bleu Cheese); ordered tomato/cheese app. - yummy Stilton/heirloom tomatoes, could have been a couple more toms, but with the breads it was great combo! Comp bday dessert was asst'd. gelatos w/brittles=xlnt! take home choc chip breads, truffles, marzipans for late night treat. GREAT TIME!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Loved this place. Great food, great service and the overall feel wasn't too uptight, but not too casual either.Special Features:
- Good food, excellent serviceGdeeksDined on 9/11/2014Located in the Grand Sierra Resort & Casino, but quite effectively shut out the casino noise. Very comfortable booth seating and quiet enough to converse at normal level. Food was very good, up there with the best of the better steakhouses. Oysters on half shell were extremely fresh. Don't usually use sauce on steak, but was served three - béarnaise, house steak sauce, chimichurri - and all were excellent. Ranch dressing on salad was better than most. Lamb chops were delicious and cooked perfectly. Outstanding, if pricey, wine list. Highlight was the staff. Fully staffed - hostess, maître d, sommelier, waiter, busboys, manager - all were extremely professional, knowledgeable, and attentive. One of the most enjoyable dinners out we've had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food!bj916Dined on 9/6/2014My husband had the steak, bone in rib eye. It was huge! Food was soo good! Servers were very attentive. Not much to choose from in Chardonnays. The steak kabob appetizer was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and servicec600gDined on 9/4/2014We have dined at Charlie Palmer Steak in Reno on three separate occasions, and each time the quality of the food and service has been exceptional. We will be back again in the future, without a doubt.Special Features:
- The food and service was top notch!DaisybreakDined on 9/3/2014I highly recommend the Charlie Palmer Steakhouse! The potions were generous, and the quality was impressive. Two in my party ordered steak and one ordered the lamb chops, all were done to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service great! Food bland...keleanoraDined on 9/2/2014Service was great. Our waitress went above and beyond. Dinner was OK..not bad - not great..somewhere in the bland in between. The quality of the beef does not fit the price.
- Almost perfectGeekyGalDined on 9/2/2014Charlie Palmer's is one of my favorite places. They are attentive and we usually have a great time. It was our wedding anniversary and they made it special. We had french champagne which I had pre-ordered. I was looking forward to a butter poached lobster, but they had a grilled lobster with a Ritz cracker stuffing! YUK!!! Neither of our servers could quite explain the lobster, so I took a chance. I like my lobster pure and buttery. This was not. My husband had the halibut, he loved it! We had salads and of course the CP fries. Other than the lobster not meeting my expect ions, it was a nice meal, and a great place to celebrate our anniversary. I should have ordered the steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great service!foodcrazeDined on 8/30/2014The food was great! Really enjoyed the style of the restaurant and all of the staff was very friendly and attentive. Only thing I did NOT enjoy was the table we were seated at! It was right next to where they have their silverware and wait for the bartender's drinks, so we constantly had 3 to 4 waiters standing by our table. It ruined the potential for a romantic dinner because it felt like no privacy. Overall, great place to eat, just request a table away from a server station.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerVIPDined on 8/27/2014Good, well prepared food in an excellent setting. The wait staff is fabulous -our main server Julian remembered us from previous visits, the wine steward spent time chatting with us about the wines and when a member of our party mentioned a food allergy the kitchen went out of their way to make sure that there was no accidental exposure. A fantastic evening and yes, we will be back soon.Special Features:
- awesome dinnerNewfieDined on 8/25/2014one of the best dinners we have had - price was great for the quality and quantity.Special Features:
- Consistently Fantastic!DinemeistersDined on 8/7/2014If you haven't eaten here, it's a must! It's a STEAK restaurant, so the menu is mostly steak...imagine that. The service and food is incredible, and the service is always fantastic! This restaurant is most definately one of the top ones in Reno!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazinghmbladyDined on 7/30/2014Truly a fine dining experience, wish we lived closer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall very good foodFoodisgoodDined on 7/18/2014Charlie Palmer Steakhouse was overall a good choice for my group. For some reason the kitchen that night was pretty backed up. We waited a good 45min for our salads and an additional 60min for our entree's. However, all other service was spot on, wine list was good, and friendliness of staff awesome. I'd assume it was a one time thing and therefore would def eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Experience in RenoHonyGeeDined on 7/14/2014Looking for a nice dinner in an atmosphere that different from the smoke-filled casino the restaurant is inside (Grand Sierra Resort in Reno, NV), we decided to give the in-house steakhouse a try. I was quite nice. The food was good and service was better. The staff was very attentive. Made good wine selection. Someone had recommended the short ribs to me...I won't do the same. NBot bad but not worth the price.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special Evening...Notez2plzDined on 7/13/2014The martinis were excellent, every bite of food worth savoring and the service impeccable! A real surprise, beyond expectations, our new #1 in Reno.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Three times in three months!!NancyfromRenoDined on 7/5/2014My sons and I went 3 months ago to launch a 4 month hike they were off to. Had an amazing dinner, not only was the food delicious but our server Angelica was over the top knowledgeable about the aging of the steaks and so detailed in her description of the chefs specials. I had a friend visiting from out of town and I suggested we eat at CP. again service and food was memorable. Hes coming back this month and wants to make sure that we eat there again! My 3rd experience was again was with Angelica. She remembered my sons and myself and asked specifically how their trip was going!!! Its hard these days to find exceptional food, but professional customer service seems to becoming even more rare. My hats off to CP's and their staff!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 600 reviews are from the Charlie Palmer Steak - Reno reviews archive.
- theolfoxDined on 6/29/2014The steak was very good, if overpriced some. The rest of everything was way overpriced. The service was haphazard, as we didn't really know who was doing what. However, the wait for the food was ridiculous. Possibly the slowest service we have ever experienced. Went there several years ago and didn't care for it then. This time was worse. Will never patronize again.
- AverageAdamVIPDined on 6/27/2014Way too loud for our group of three. Poor seating decision .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OK IMOnorthcoastDined on 6/26/2014This CP location has no natural client base and has a bit of "probably never see them again" mindset. Onion soup v good. Salad very little dressing..extra blue cheese, 1oz=$2 upcharge. Out of stock on TWO of the wines I chose from list. Sommelier..no attempt to say well let us offer you another bottle in the same price range at the price of the ones you chose. Filet average..good..$38/10 oz with no garnish, just little salad. Lamb chops excellent. Creamed spinach bitter. Have dined here before but will not do so again. Servers were v nice. In short IMO this location does not value each diner as an individual dining experience. BTW they do a tableside Bananas Foster that looks v nice, seldom see tableside flambee anymore.
- Going downhillrealisticexpectationDined on 6/19/2014The salad was awful and just massive leaves; needed a knife to cut it. The blue cheese dressing was no dressing at all; was crumbled blue cheese on top and got charged extra for it. The entrees used to include a side in addition to the salad but now they ask you which sides you want and charge you in addition for them. In previous visits your drink couldn't go down more than halfway before they would fill it up; not the case this time. Went ten minutes without a drink. Despite the special occasion ambiance and pricing, there is no dress code or requirements of any kind. Show up in your sandals and tank top, have your kids make lots of noise, and talk on your cell phone. Lack of standards and menu changes make it not worth going again.
- Horrible/Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2014We have visited many times and this is by far the worst experience we have received. We ended up walking out and not eating our dinner. We ordered wine from the Sommelier who at first was attentive, once my husband tipped him, we never saw him again, very rude! Second, several tables came in after us and received their food way before we even ended up eating. We were told our food was coming out in two minutes and it never came, so we walked out. Never saw our real waiter, just the gal who was helping him. After that the manager came over and my husband explained to him the whole situation, he apologized and wanted to make it up. By that time, it was too late, we paid for our wine and left. Probably will not be eating there anymore!Special Features:
- Great place to eat.Kings6907Dined on 6/9/2014We went there for your 7 year anniversary. As soon as we got there, we were greeted with great service. All the employees seemed to be happy and in a great mood. We both ordered steaks and they were perfectly cooked. The meat just melted in our mouths. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded my expectationsBriWDined on 6/6/2014I would definitely go back. The food & service were both incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Very GoodrenodeanVIPDined on 6/4/2014Service was excellent as expected. This was my first time dining here. I have dined several times at Charlie Palmer's other restaurant, Briscola. I ordered the Lobster Tempura appetizer. It was dry, bland and chewy. That's why I gave the 4 stars instead of 5. For my main course, I ordered the Halibut. It was incredible! I asked for the twice baked potato with truffle oil instead of the risotto. Again, incredible. It also came with a signature salad which was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Porterhouse for ThreeBenihahaDined on 5/27/2014Between the three of us, we couldn't finish the 46 ounce porterhouse. But first, the bread that they served was so flaky and warm, along with jalapeno muffin and sour dough breads. The chef brought out a complementary fried chicken ball w alioli sauce. The only downfall, mine had two chicken bones in it. I mentioned it to the waiter, but he didn't say anything about it. The Bib salad that came along with the porterhouse was okay, but it was worth it to try the french onion soup. That too was shared between the three of us. It had a huge puff pastry that the waiter opened with a knife. To end the dinner, they gave us complimentary truffles and Madeline like cookies with a blackberry in the middle for dessert.Special Features:
- very good experience.MiamiMikeDined on 5/19/2014Servers were very attentive and gave solid recommendations. Our reservation requested a booth, and we were taken to a nice booth in a quiet area, which was great. The reservation also specifically mentioned a birthday, which was forgotten and I had to tell the server, which was a little disappointing. The food was very, very good. Our Oscar filet was not as lean as it should have been and had a long vein and some gristle. Otherwise I would have upgraded to outstanding. Overall experience was very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.