Charlie Gitto's from the Hill - Chesterfield
15525 Olive Blvd
Chesterfield, MO 63017Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Charlie Gitto's from the Hill - Chesterfield
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.charliegittos.com/
- Phone: 6365362199x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily from 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday : 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Sicilian
- Executive Chef: Charlie Gitto Jr.
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us concerning your catering needs.
A word from Charlie Gitto's from the Hill - Chesterfield
Charlie Gitto"s "From the Hill" brings the iconic taste and reputation of Charlie Gitto's "On the Hill" to Chesterfield. A wide menu offers classic Italian dishes from the original restaurant along with some new, flavorful additions. Join us 7 days a week for lunch and dinner. Serving Brunch every Saturday and Sunday from 11am- 3pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Charlie Gitto's from the Hill - Chesterfield - Best Restaurants in Chesterfield ›
Charlie Gitto's from the Hill - Chesterfield reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (68)fit for foodies (36)good for groups (35)romantic (35)neighborhood gem (34)notable wine list (27)great for lunch (21)great for outdoor dining (10)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (6)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Dinner away from the hillMaciDined on 10/18/2014We have dined on the Hill location which we find to be an absolute high point in the region. While the charm is not the same at From the Hill it is certainly a very nice lay out and the food was top shelf! I had Lasagna and my wife had some of the biggest shrimp I have ever seen. We will certainly be back with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodLindaDined on 10/14/2014The food was good but maybe a bit pricey for the quality.Special Features:
- NOt so good this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Did not recognize our prenoted Anniversiery, Portion was small for the price. I have been going for years. the worst experience i have had at Charlie Gitto's
- Saturday evening meal.jerbearDined on 10/11/2014Good food and service. Never feel rushed no matter how busy it is. Very polite wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our eveningJonniDined on 10/4/2014The service was great. We purposefully arrived early to spend some time hanging out and enjoying some down time in the bar. When we checked in we were informed that the reservations were running close to on-time and we greatly appreciated the update. We were able to be seated slightly ahead of schedule. The waiter was attentive and fun. Food was good. It made for a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Great food, terrific service, nice atmosphere. Will absolutely go back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well doneStlgirlDined on 10/1/2014The service was excellent, as was the food. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- easy reservationemmyDined on 10/1/2014This is the first time that we got a reservation quickly. We ate at this restaurant before and was impressed then, it impressed us again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014The restaurant was easy to get to and very clean. The waiter was very attentive to any needs that may have arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early dinner with friendsDateNightDined on 9/25/2014Good food and friendly service. Only grip is that with a mostly empty restuarnt they say is at the table next to their service station.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for entertainingfredtheturtleDined on 9/22/2014Brought some out of town visitors from work to dinner on Monday night. Service and food was very good. I would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch at fine dining spotDiningdaveDined on 9/18/2014Attentive wait staff, quiet corner table. Calamari shrimp. appetizers. Cooked perfect. Strip steak with crab sauce. Perfectly cooked medium. Potatoes and Brussel sprouts. Perfect portions. My lunch partner had salmon cooked perfectly. Several larger parties did not bother our conversation. I would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service fabulousdiner437Dined on 9/12/2014The service was fabulous and the ambiance was very nice, elegant , and quiet enough we could hear ourselves talking. The food was good, but not super imaginative, somewhat predictable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding DiningBookieDined on 9/12/2014Last Friday was my fourth visit to Charlie Gittos. The service, the food and the friendliness of the staff made this outing terrific. This just might be my favorite place for dining. (it Is)Special Features:
- luv4uDined on 9/6/2014Thanks for putting such a great place to sit and enjoy a lovely meal in St. Louis. GREAT!!! We had such a lovely and romantic dinner at Gitto's. The food was spectacular and the desserts were something out of this world. We felt as though we were back in Italy. this was our first time to Gitto's in Chesterfield and the food was as good as the one on the hill. Keep up the great work and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulousfabYoulousDined on 9/5/2014We had guest in for the weekend. We all thoroughly enjoyed everything about the restaurant. We love it when we choose a restaurant that our guests enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was outstandingSEA2STLDined on 9/4/2014I had half a cod sandwich and half a house salad. The cod was breaded fairly thick, so I removed most of that; overall taste was okay. The salad was small but good (a little heavy on croutons, would have preferred more lettuce or radicchio.) The atmosphere is energetic and lively. Good for groups. The waitstaff was excellent, efficient, and attentive but not intrusive. I had iced water and my glass never went empty, even after we paid the check and lingered. I'll go back to try their pasta or other Italian dishes next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warmed over LeftoversNorthernexposureDined on 9/1/2014Having dined at CG on the hill we were looking forward to another excellent dining experience at CG from the hill. Alas, we were sorely disappointed. Our entire meals had the taste and consistency of three day old left overs. Service was slow, wait staff seemed indifferent. The wine was good, the vodka on the rocks was good but that's about it. $170.00 for dinner for two, two drinks and dessert.
- FamilyChictrixDined on 9/1/2014Got a group of 10 to come together for birthday. Everyone ate different: steak to pizza, soups, appetizers, pasta. Everyone very happy. They make a good Kir Royale too! It's casual, comfortable and great service. Good lunch had by all!Special Features:
- Great but a bit loudGinginVIPDined on 8/30/2014Wonderful food and service was impeccable. Just wish it was not so loud....very unpeaceful. I think that maybe they can do something to make it quieter.Special Features:
- 35th years35yrsDined on 8/26/2014my husband and I dined here to celebrate our 35th anniversary and had a wonderful time. enjoyed every aspect of restaurant and will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IzzyDined on 8/23/2014Service was outstanding and food excellent as usual. Very high quality ingredients. When we go, we always wonder why we don't go more often. Our favorite West County restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/23/2014This one of our favorite places. It is consistently wonderful, every time we go.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceDougA54Dined on 8/22/2014The food quality is excellent. the sauces and other items are sent in from the main restaurant on the hill, so the quality is equally good. Convenient and high quality. We had no problems getting reservations for our party of 8.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful for lunchTsakiVIPDined on 8/20/2014Although this store has been around several years at this location, we've just recently discovered that a nice place to have a business or social lunch. Excellent service from our server Cecilia..... never intrusive but water and beverages were always filled and food orders taken with no rush yet promptly. Great for lunch.Special Features:
- A great way to celebrate!Giggles1027Dined on 8/17/2014We took our brother and sister-in-law out for dinner to celebrate my brother-in-law's 60th birthday. I had noted that we were going to celebrate on the Open Table reservations, along with some food restrictions of two of the guests. Our waitress acknowledged both the celebration and pointed out food from which the diners should steer clear. The food, service and ambiance were all excellent. A great place to celebrate!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014The food was great. The service was slow from our waitress. Once we finally ordered our entrees, our meal came out really quickly. We saw the drink waitstaff more than we saw our waitress. They either need to work on the spacing of customers being seated or she needs to be more timely. The portions are huge….especially for dessert.
- Great food, acceptable serviceDinerDined on 8/13/2014We went to this restaurant to celebrate my wife's birthday. Everything we ordered was delicious with good portions. Service started out ok but midway through the meal dropped off. At the end of the meal I had to flag our waiter down just to ask for dessert menus after sitting around for 10 minutes after they took our plates. If the service can improve I'd gladly give it 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Charlie Gitto'sFoodjunkieVIPDined on 8/10/2014Your lunch menu was outstanding. We shared a pizza and tomato salad. We saved room for desert. I had the strawberry shortcake and my partner had the carrot cake. Both were excellent. The service was top notch. The wait staff was attentive and met our every need. The only complaint I have was that the information on Open Table regarding the weekend buffet is incorrect. It states the brunch ends at 3:00 PM but actually it ends at 1:30 PM. We arrived at 2:00 PM thinking we would have the brunch but quickly had to switch gears and enjoyed the lunch menu.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014We had to wait 15 minutes for table.which we had reserved. Table was not fully ready; wiped down before seating. Our table was very neglected after we ordered. We had to complain to manager. No drink refills. No bread. After complaint service good. Gave us free garlic bread. Should have comped something. Very expensive.
- Fast food serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014It took longer to get our drinks. We have been here quite often but this was the worst. Our drinks came and we decided to order our appetizer and dinner, big mistake. The appetizer was out before we finished our cocktail. Didn't even finish the appetizer and here comes entree. They box my wife's appetizer. Then they start clearing the table before everyone is done. Asked to speak to manager, he comes by and explains that this is not their policy. No apology, then calls the team for that area to the back room for a reprimand. Then we we're ignored by the manager and waitress, and had to wait for the check. It was sad that listening to the waitress that started every table with "is this a special occasion " it was obvious it wasn't to them
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Food was outstanding, wait-staff was very attentive. Would recommend highly. We took out of town guests for a special treat, and were not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedscifidinerDined on 8/2/2014I was very disappointed in our visit. The food was excellent. It was. But, $80 for the two of us to eat without leftovers? I could have ordered 4 steaks at another restaurant cooked the way I liked and be happy. Service was excellent.
- Fantastic foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014The lasagne and chicken parmesan were unbelievable!! Were glad to see that this location was open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mkodiner4Dined on 7/28/2014Great service always, but to be honest, the food is just okay, nothing to write home about. It is a little pricey for the quality of the food.
- Terrific experienceMaggienmeDined on 7/20/2014We were celebrating wife's birthday and our 48th anniversary. Table for eight was ready when we arrived. Service was immediate and well coordinated. All food courses were excellent. This was a great experience in all respects. We will be back both here and on the Hill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Our experience was excellent. Was seated quickly and staff did an excellent job of making sure we were taken care of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TimothyDined on 7/18/2014Wonderful place to celebrate our 27th anniversary! Staff service was excellent and the food superb. I would recommend Charlie Gitto's to anyone asking about fine dining!Special Features:
- Outstanding!!!DomJohnsonDined on 7/14/2014I took My Fiance her for her Birthday and Engagement and it was out standing the waiter was Great And very Knowledgeable of EVERYTHING!!!! He treated me an my Fiance with Great Respect!! The food was delicious and decadent!! and The service was fast!!! And they brought her out desert with happy Birthday on it!! She was Ecstatic!!!!I couldn't have asked for better service!!I would recommend this establishment to everyone i know!!! And i will truly be returning soon!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Here4thefoodDined on 7/12/2014Food was very good. Salads were large and crisp. The server put in the wrong food selection for one member of our group. So three of the four meals were being eaten and it took about 10 minutes to get the 4th meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.