Charlie Gitto's at Hollywood Casino
777 Casino Center Drive
at Hollywood Casino
Maryland Heights, MO 63043Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Charlie Gitto's at Hollywood Casino
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.charliegittos.com/
- Phone: 3147707663x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian
- Executive Chef: Charlie Gitto Jr.
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Charlie Gitto's at Hollywood Casino offers private dining for groups from 10-70 people.
A word from Charlie Gitto's at Hollywood Casino
Charlie Gitto’s At Hollywood Casino offers the same delicious cuisine as its sister locations – paired with the fast-paced atmosphere of Hollywood Casino. The restaurant boasts a menu of Italian favorites including pasta, veal & chicken entrees plus delicious steaks & seafood specialties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Charlie Gitto's at Hollywood Casino - Best Restaurants in Maryland Heights ›
Charlie Gitto's at Hollywood Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (47)good for groups (30)fit for foodies (24)romantic (23)notable wine list (16)late-night find (5)neighborhood gem (4)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Best Italian in STLTheVonzDined on 10/23/2014Just the best Italian food and service in St. Louis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningMommyof2Dined on 10/19/2014My husband and I escaped the everyday hustle and bustle to enjoy a couple hours to ourselves. And we couldn't have picked a better restaurant! The service was great and the food was even better! We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinnerrintintin55Dined on 10/17/2014Lovely ambiance. Seated in a quiet corner as requested. Server was outstanding. Meal was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualKenHDined on 10/16/2014You can never go wrong when choosing Charlie Gitto's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner reviewgreggDined on 10/16/2014we had a group of 9. table was set up when we arrived for our group. wait staff was very friendly and attentive Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Up To ParRobbieKDined on 10/6/2014I am a foodie and appreciate a fine meal, good wine and good service. Charlie Gitto's Hollywood Casino has a long way to go to be in the same class as other fine Italian restaurants in the St. Louis area. Its not as good as the other Charlie Gitto's on the Hill and in Chesterfield. The wine list is so outdated, straight from the 80's. My Veal Milanese, pounded thin arrived on a bare plate no garnish or sides, was dry and flavorless. It was taken off the bill. The pasta dishes were good and our server was nice, inexperienced, but very attentive. It was a birthday celebration. A complimentary cake arrived at the table, very nice but it was frozen.Special Features:
- BarbVIPDined on 10/4/2014Food was excellant as always & service was also excellant. We asked for Cc as our waitress, we have had her before & she has a great personality & is always their for you.Special Features:
- Dinner at gittosLesrDined on 10/3/2014As always the food and the service by cc was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lasagna Never DissapointsTeenaDined on 10/2/2014We had the before 6 special that included lasagna and salad. It is perfect every time. And the salad was delicious. The before 6 price is unbeatable for the portions you receive. Took home a slice of decadent chocolate cake that I have to eat at 3 different times because it is so rich.Special Features:
- Trout was TerrificAlwaysGrrreatDined on 9/26/2014The food and service are always good. Saturday, I had the pan-seared trout and it was the best I have had anywhere. My compliments to the Chef. We love to dine at Charlie Gitto's and are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in St. Louiskenoboy777Dined on 9/20/2014I had the Veal Parmesan w/fettuccini and my wife had Baked Spaghetti & Meat Balls. It was the best. For appetizers we had the toasted ravioli and cheese bread-amazing. And we also got the wedge salad-best around. For dessert I had the pumpkin cheese cake and my wife had the banana cheese cake. It was by far our best meal of 2014. Service is excellent even thought it was a crowded Saturday evening.Special Features:
- Extremely disappointedsgadamsDined on 9/14/2014We have had many wonderful dining experiences at Charlie Gitto's in the past. The meal and service Sunday fell far short of Mr Gitto's reputation and standards. All around substandard food and service this time. We hosted 3 friends for dinner - 2 friends who have been our guests there before and 1 out of town friend who was anxious to go from hearing of our past experiences. Everyone was very disappointed in the quality of the food and service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice night outmickDined on 9/13/2014the 5 of us were celebrating 3 birthdays and had an enjoyable time. I did have to mention to the waiter it was taking a while for our food and it came up very shortly after that. Otherwise all was well. Food was very good.Special Features:
- Very good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014The wife and I enjoyed a very good meal. Started with toasted ravioli. Some of the best. Dinner salads were spot on. And the excellent entrees also had large portions. We left with doggie bags. Great meal was followed up with even better service. The only turn off is the lack of dress code for such a fine dining establishment. You have some people in sweats and wearing hats etc. That's the crowd at the casino for you.
- BarbVIPDined on 9/13/2014Everything was excellant, steaks & sea food was also. Waitress Cc was the best, great service & always there when we needed her.Special Features:
- charlie gitto's at hollywoodLesrDined on 9/12/2014all four of us really enjoyed our meals. our server cc, did a super job of serving and explaining to us the gluton free meals.Special Features:
- DeborahVIPDined on 9/7/2014I thought our waiter was very pushy. We were talking and he was insistent on getting an order. We did not want yo be rude to OUR guest So new tried to compromise with this waiter. Not the usual friendly service w get at Clarksen rd C GittosSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarbVIPDined on 9/3/2014Pasta was excellant & my husband had salmon was also excellant. Our waitress Cc is always fantastic, great personality & always there for you.Special Features:
- 46th anniversary dinnerLindaDined on 8/31/2014The food was good as usual, but we were disappointed because our anniversary was never mentioned. I did make a note of it when making our reservation.Special Features:
- TremendousFoodfanDined on 8/30/2014First time going here. Girlfriend and I went for our anniversary and the service, food, and overall experience was great. I would recommend going. P.s. the toasted ravioli is the best stl has to offerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday SpotRednaxDined on 8/30/2014Saturday night with a group of 6. Excellent service. Comfortable surroundings. Wonderful food. Very very pleased.Special Features:
- NancyVIPDined on 8/23/2014Great Service & Food - better than Chesterfield - Charlie Gitto'sSpecial Features:
- Best Service in TownOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014I usually rave about the food or call it what it is. This time I am raving about the service. Mark, our server, really took care of us. He knew the menu inside and out, he was able to modifiy a meal with no issues, he knew the wine list and best of all he knew how to serve Coffee. Most restaurants ignore their coffee service but this time, Mark knew his stuff. He heated the cup before adding the coffee, so I got Hot coffee for a change! Such a nice touch. He said he has been doing this well over 20 years and even grew up in the business. He knew how to joke with us, how to listen to our request and he knew how to follow up. I will be back just for Mark. Be sure to ask for him if you go. OH by the way - the food was great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always End With DessertNailedITDined on 8/22/2014Open Table made dinning here so simple. We made an early dining reservation for 5pm and it was delicious. We all loved our meals (Manicotti and Cannelloni) . Always make time for the Desserts even if you share one for the table. Our Chocolate Cake was perfection! We were especially glad they were able to seat us despite only having 2 of the 4 guests upon arrival!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperTheHawkDined on 8/20/2014I have eaten at Charlie Gitto's twice a week for years. It is always a winner. The pasta dishes are exceptional and the old adage about never ordering steak from an Italian restaurant is put to rest at Gitto's. Their steak offerings are as good as the best steak houses in St. Louis.
- super Italian mealLesrDined on 8/16/2014Whenever I'm in the mood for meatballs and spaghetti, I head to Charlie Gitto's. Tonight the meal was a good as ever. There can't be a better deal than the early bird. Entree and Soup or Salad for $13. Wow. And the service is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior Service & Delicious FoodKCFamilyDined on 8/11/2014Our dining experience was just perfect! Not only was the food WONDERFUL but the service was impeccable. I can't say enough about the attentiveness of our server, Rick, and his server assistant (I apologize for not remembering his name). Both paid attention to detail and were very cordial. We ordered the Veal Parmesan, Pasta with the Clams, Seafood Pasta and the Filet Nunzio...portion sizes were generous and every entrée was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!RealRedDined on 8/9/2014The food at Charlie Gitto's at Hollywood never disappoints. The service was very good as it usually is. While there were many open tables at the time of our reservation, we were seated at a table for 2 against a wall, next to a table of 13! The noise level was so bad, my guest and I could not talk to each other. It was entertaining listening to the party of 13 try to divide up the check and figure out their tip.Special Features:
- Great Food.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2014The tortellini from the before six menu was, as always, delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Gitto traditionglo11510Dined on 8/2/2014The food and service was excellent....a place to revisit anytime. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightDateNightDined on 8/2/2014Great date night spot before donating to the casino. Great service and food. Will go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at Charlie Gitto,sJC1NorthCountyDined on 7/26/2014Always happy at Charlie Gitto,s Food,Service, always Great A little pricey but only because I order ala carte. Can't pass up their Signature Shrimp, & Eggplant Appetizer ,add a wedge salad with their wonderful bread & you have a perfect meal. They also make a tasty Bloody Mary & great Lobster Bisque If you go for their Early Special,s it's really a Good DealSpecial Features:
- Our favorite Italian restaurant.BubsyBabyVIPDined on 7/26/2014Excellent food & service in a relaxed atmosphere. We always look forward to coming here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!LuvGoodFoodDined on 7/24/2014Dinner was delicious and the service was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarbVIPDined on 7/5/2014Food was excellant & our service with Cc is always great. We always have a great time here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatAlwaysGrrreatDined on 6/28/2014Our server was great. Three of us had the Prime Rib Special which was okay, although I wish I would have ordered one of the pasta dishes which are usually always very good. The Prime Rib was a bit fatty and I think a bit over-priced. All in all, we had a good time and I'm sure we will be visiting again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 553 reviews are from the Charlie Gitto's at Hollywood Casino reviews archive.
- Great food, lingering casino smokeLauraHDined on 6/24/2014I'll start by saying that the food was excellent (veal and manicotti). The servers and other staff were all hustling.....even the manager was bringing food to the tables. The only reason for the four stars for service is that they seemed short-staffed despite working so hard. The reason I will not be going back is the smoke that drifts into the restaurant. You have to walk through the smoky casino building to get to the restaurant and unfortunately, the stale smoke follows you (we were in the back of the restaurant).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very romanticKevinJD21Dined on 6/21/2014My wife and I enjoyed our experience. Very quiet and elegant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/20/2014Food was fantastic. Waiter was not friendly. Atmosphere was quiet and relaxing. Great for our celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great mealLesrDined on 6/15/2014I usually go there for the pasta but the steaks are great also. The service by Ramone was terrific and the helper, Liz, was great. Our drinks couldn't get to the half way mark before she was there for a refill.Special Features: