1746 Mountain Road
Stowe, VT 05672Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.charliebspub.com/
- Phone: (802) 253-7355
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 10:30an, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch Daily: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Christoph Wingensiefen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: What could be better than a fireside-cozy night out in a warm inviting pub-eatery? Accompany it with the sounds of Vermont"s best artists! Acoustic folk, country, alternative, blues, rock originals and new favorites are presented by solo or dual performers in a non-obtrusive style. Serve it up with your favorite beverage and tantalizing appetizer for a true, memorable Vermont experience.
A word from Charlie B's
This fun, vibrant restaurant is a Stowe tradition with a festive atmosphere. Celebrate the trendy side of Vermont in our friendly cozy bar abundant with your favorite wines by the glass, martinis, and local beers. Cozy full size high-back booths and fireside tables are perfect for couples night out and lively family excursions. Share a slice of Vermont with delicious, mouthwatering American and Spa Cuisine created with many locally grown and produced foods. Choices include Angus Beef Steaks, delicious and filling entree size salads, mouthwatering seafood and Cabot Mac & Cheese on a Kid-approved menu. Summer brings deck dining and winter, après ski and live music on select weekends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Charlie B's reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (4)great for outdoor dining (3)good for groups (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)great for lunch (1)fit for foodies (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Despite having reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/1/2012Despite having reservations we were turned away, leaving us in the middle of an unfamiliar city with no reservations, no idea where to go, and no idea what to do for Bee Years dinner.
- The food was ok the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/30/2011The food was ok the service was slow. But if you dont have rush is a good spot
- Four for dinner - food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/9/2011Four for dinner - food was very good for all of us and service was super friendly.Special Features:
- godd night/bad nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/4/2011Hit them on a bad night. My pepper steak is usually good--it was lukewarm--my husband's fish was cold and was sent back. 3rd party said fried fish was good.Special Features:
- The food was way over priced.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/6/2011The food was way over priced. There was only 1 waitress for the entire restaurant. It took us 2 hours to have dinner. We had the special which was 8 oz fillet and it was very hard to cut. Not very tender for $29. Broccoli was cold and brownie dessert was hard. I wouldn't recommend for dinner. I did have lunch there one other time and it was very good. I would stick to burgers and fries.Special Features:
- When we were being seatedShellDined on 10/8/2011When we were being seated we had to ask the hostess to wipe off the table. She didn't notice that there was food on it. We had to ask the waitress for the music to be turned down because it was blaring out of the speaker above us. The selection of draft beers was minimal. We had to ask for salt and pepper and then our waitress had to take it back from us because there wasn't enough for another table. The food was good but not great. I don't think we'll be going back there.
- How do you mess up breakfast?FoodielvrVIPDined on 9/30/2011How do you mess up breakfast? The service was very slow and the food mediocre. We were in a hurry and only ordered eggs and bacon with toast which took more than 20 minutes to come out. And the waitress came to check on what we had ordered. Pretty pitiful. Dinner the night before was also bad service wise, until we got the manager involved. The food was good but the service terrible. I would not recommend this restaurant.
- Ate there twice for breakfast.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/17/2011Ate there twice for breakfast. Saturday 09-17 at 0930 and Sunday 09-18 at 0730. Food both times was very good, but the service on Saturday was poor. Had to ask for water, ordered walfle with pecans, it came out without the pecans; had to ask for pecans. Sunday service was better, but still had to ask for water. Gratuity included - The gratuitiy was added in since we stayed there, but I don't remember reading that anywhere. In either case, a 10.00 gratuity (40%) on a 25.00 check is excessive; even if service had been great. Had booked reservations on Open Table and the Sunday it was booked for 0700, but when we got to the restaurant, we were told they did not open until 0730. John and Tamela Ennis
- We had a great night at CharlieOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2011We had a great night at Charlie B's celebrating my mother's birthday. We had planned to go to the more upscale Winfields next door but they were closed. We had a great night with excellent service and food at Charlie B's. The staff went over and above to be sure we have a fun celebration. The food was EXCELLENT. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- We had a really great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2011We had a really great experience. Service was very good. Host was attentive and cordial. We were pleasently surprised with the quality and presentation of our dinner...ribs and grilled tuna salad. Wonderful. Unfortunately, we're 3.5 hrs away, but will definitely recommend, and return next vacation time!
- Room for improvementOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/20/2011The food was good although the rice and vegetables served with the meal arrived to our table cold. The best part of the bacon wrapped scallops entree was the smoked bacon (locally sourced?) which gave the scallops a nice flavor; there were only 2 scallops but they were jumbo-sized. The fried oysters were unexpectedly tasty (being so far from the ocean in the mountains of Vermont). The calamari appetizer had an unpleasant heavy coating of batter although the portion was more than ample for one person. Service was very slow, perhaps due to the fact our waitress had to cover additional tables.Special Features:
- The food here was incredible.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/26/2011The food here was incredible. Notably the cheese plate, the NY strip, the dessert and the wine! I could not have been more pleased. I found this restaurant by purchasing a living social coupon for the Stoweflake Resort and as a first timer here, I can't wait to have more time to come back. The coupon allowed myself and my boyfriend to each get a 3 course meal and neither of us were disappointed. The steak was cooked wonderfully and the dessert was scrumptious!Special Features:
- Not the place it used to be.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/11/2011Not as good as they used to be. The last 3 occasions there over the past month have not been favorable. 1st time, two of us order the Steak, and those meals came out cold, the others were not impressed with their meals; 2nd time was lunch - the burgers were pretty good, but they serve french fries coated is some salt/flour mixture that are not appealing to me, the tuna tartare was too much and had no flavor. 3rd time (last night) Orrechiette (sp?) was flavorless, Fish & Chips, while a large piece of fish, was not very flavorful, either, and of course, those fries. Prices are fairly HIGH, $12 for 4 medium sized shrimp and $17 for fish & chips one would not expect to pay more than $12 for. The service was great in all cases, however.
- Great cozy local spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/10/2011Went here with my family on vacation, was a very comfy, cozy restaurant. Staff was very attentive and ambiance was comfortable and friendly while not being too noisy. We had the cheese pasta, pasta primavera, and the cobb salad, all were excellent. My younger brother, who is a very picky eater, even liked the chicken fingers and calamari app very much. The booths have high padded backs that provide privacy and blockage of noise which is nice for conversation. Definitely recommend going here!Special Features:
- For a first time experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/5/2011For a first time experience it was good. The appetizers were pricey but unique and the entrees, well, they left some room for improvement. If you are looking for a standard meal Charlie B's has it, but if you are seeking the take-your-breath-away meal, keep looking. The staff was very curteous, the booths are cozy and the lighting set a good evening tone. We had a nice evening overall, minus the bill. Little pricey, but just right for Stowe.
- Loved "the Pit" with the fireplace.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/12/2011Loved "the Pit" with the fireplace. Great place to hang out while waiting to be seated. Dinner special was wonderful! We were there on a Saturday night and there was entertainment. Enjoyed the total experience!Special Features:
- We've been going to StoweOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/29/2011We've been going to Stowe for years, and know quite well, most of the local eateries, including Charlie B's. Thought we'd take in Sat, night entertainment and have some light fare and a drink. My partner's leek and mushroons trudel was EXCEPTIONAL. My pasta with vegetables was pretty good, all in all. We do want to report while the hostess and our waitress were very nice...service lagged terribly, and it didn't appear to be overly busy. Numerous times we had to "fetch" our waitress. Entertainment started late, and was good enough, but the whole atmosphere seemed "lacking...". Proablly won't hurry back...Special Features:
- Went to Charlie B's kindaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/8/2011Went to Charlie B's kinda late...Ordered the NY Strip w/mashed & asparagus...Food was all totally cold when it came out. My Partner ordered the same..her steak was at least hot. THe waitress took my plate to heat it up which just meant they put the whole plate in the oven. It did end up being warmer but I'd be able to give it a better review had it actually be hot when I first got it, not reheated. I do appreciate the 20% discount given by the manager though. Good beers, good atmosphereSpecial Features:
- It took us forever to getOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/28/2010It took us forever to get our food. After ordering our drinks it took 30 minutes for them to even arrive. The pasta my daughter had was awful, and she didn't eat it. The swordfish was overcooked. The weiner shnitzel was ok.
- After waiting over 2 hoursOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/27/2010After waiting over 2 hours for a table we were seated and given the long list of unavailable entrees. We left and ordered pizza from a place across the street. People seated next to us at that point had been seated when we arrived (2 hours prior) and hadn't yet been served.