1746 Mountain Road
Stowe, VT 05672Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.charliebspub.com/
- Phone: 8022537355
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 10:30an, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch Daily: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Christoph Wingensiefen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: What could be better than a fireside-cozy night out in a warm inviting pub-eatery? Accompany it with the sounds of Vermont"s best artists! Acoustic folk, country, alternative, blues, rock originals and new favorites are presented by solo or dual performers in a non-obtrusive style. Serve it up with your favorite beverage and tantalizing appetizer for a true, memorable Vermont experience.
A word from Charlie B's
This fun, vibrant restaurant is a Stowe tradition with a festive atmosphere. Celebrate the trendy side of Vermont in our friendly cozy bar abundant with your favorite wines by the glass, martinis, and local beers. Cozy full size high-back booths and fireside tables are perfect for couples night out and lively family excursions. Share a slice of Vermont with delicious, mouthwatering American and Spa Cuisine created with many locally grown and produced foods. Choices include Angus Beef Steaks, delicious and filling entree size salads, mouthwatering seafood and Cabot Mac & Cheese on a Kid-approved menu. Summer brings deck dining and winter, après ski and live music on select weekends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Charlie B's reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (3)neighborhood gem (3)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Lovely SpotTraveljunkieVIPDined on 9/16/2014First visit to Charlie B's. We loved it. The booth we had was comfortable and private. No problem having a conversation here. My husband and I both started with the clam and corn chowder. Great choice! Piping hot and loaded with clams. I had a light salad and added a crab cake. Love crab cakes and this is one of the better ones I've had. My husband had BBQ ribs. Huge portion which he couldn't finish. Restaurant had no problem substituting mashed potatoes for the standard French Fries. Only thing we'd do differently next time is ask for the BBQ sauce on the side as the ribs were heavily coated (but the sauce was great). Good choices available from wine list and local beers. Prices reasonable. Service very pleasant. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid farepbraunDined on 8/25/2014A pleasant venue with solid, basic fare -- and a pretty good beer selection.I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Stowe's coolest pubsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014My wife and I had a great meal, and had a fun time at the bar. See you again next year on our summer vacation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking for a lovely pub mealOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/5/2014Delightful restaurant in Stowe. The food was well prepared, and the menu quite varied. Service was excellent and it was very quiet, but it was difficult to judge those factors because there were very few tables that were occupied.Special Features:
- lpeteVIPDined on 7/5/2014We went for lunch on a holiday weekend & sat outside. My spouse had the tomato-lemon bisque & a burger. I had the mushroom ravioli with red pepper/gouda sauce. The soup was creamy & lemony; very good. The burger was solid. I received a lot of ravioli (maybe 14 -- 16) but they were heavy & just OK. Service was not the best. We didn't receive water when we arrived; my spouse had to ask for it after our meals arrived. A large table next to us didn't get their waters re-filled & had to wait at least 5 minutes after their food arrived before they received silverware. It appeared that the restaurant didn't expect a busy weekend.
- The following 53 reviews are from the Charlie B's reviews archive.
- Lunch at their Pub . . . ho-humCrossenDined on 5/24/2014We only had one lunch at the Pub -- not the restaurant (not open for lunch -- when we were there, anyway) -- and we were pretty underwhelmed. Their advertising in local hotel brochures, area-attraction maps, and so on, perhaps created unrealistic expectations. In fairness: the food was good (just "good"), and the service (after a not-so-great start) turned out to be OK. Prices were what you would expect in a resort area. Atmosphere? Well, really, it's just one more eating place in a busy ski- and summer-resort area that's loaded with other nearby (and farther-away) eating places.
- Mother's Day!lafrivollDined on 5/11/2014Mom's ate free. This brought us in. The service and yummy meal will keep us going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter 2014jmacDined on 4/20/2014My son is attending Norwich University and we decided to make reservations here for Easter Lunch. We drove from Massachusetts. Everything was perfect, wait staff was excellent!! A variety of items for everyone!Special Features:
- Check pleaseDclc9640Dined on 3/15/2014Wile staying in Stowe for the week we tried a few resturants on the aera and tried Charlie B's . But after sitting down and looking through a short menu didn't really see much that I wanted or my fiancé we decided that we didn't want to stay. The staff was nice no complaints in that department, but the atmosphere was a little dated for me. If they can update their appearance and add some more choices to the menu I might go back to try it again.Special Features:
- Ordered a medium burger thatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2014Ordered a medium burger that came out totally raw. Uneatable. Went back to our suite and had to order local pizza delivery.Special Features:
- Laid back dinningLuciDined on 2/1/2014We had dinner 2 nights in a row at Charlie B's while on a weeked skiing trip in Stowe. The food was good, plenty of choices and good service. I did not like my main course and the waiter immediately offered to take it back and had me choose something else. I was impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice pub food - but with allJimBDined on 1/19/2014nice pub food - but with all the competition in Stowe they could step up their gameSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening at Charlie B's!vtoodieVIPDined on 12/28/2013Two adults and two teens, dinner out in Stowe, great time at Charlie B's. Fantastic high back padded booths, cozy and conducive to conversation. Could also feel part of a vibrant dining area. Great view of the fireplace! Host and waitress were terrific, food was delicious! We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- basic pub fareeggsDined on 12/28/2013Basic burger and sandwich menu. Very good french onion soup. Service seemed a bit "sleepy" but got better as more customers filed in. It is a few miles out of the village, as are most of the many new choices for lunch. We are not skiers but it is an obvious choice for groups trudging in after skiing for plates of wings and fries. Lots of large booths for big parties. Overall, it was just what we were looking for.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/27/2013My family and I enjoyed a great meal at Charlie B's. You can't go wrong /great variety and solid cooking. We would come back.Special Features:
- Perfect date night!ShelbyDined on 12/2/2013A nice spot to take a significant other of the whole family. The high backed booths are perfect for having conversation without hearing everyone else talk and the music choice was great! Very easy to make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fresh and very good.HeidiCDined on 11/8/2013Food was fresh and very good. Service was just as good. Would go back again for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not a winnersamsonVIPDined on 10/10/2013chatty host, over burdened server, nice bar for a beerSpecial Features:
- Steak was great.HungryManDined on 10/5/2013The N.Y. Sirloin strip was great. Cooked to perfection and huge. Server was great and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good!KrisVIPDined on 9/24/2013Service was excellent and food was great! Lots of charm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuaintJanetDined on 8/31/2013The food was good, it was fairly quiet until they had a young man singing and playing the guitar which was very nice. We met my cousin and her friend there and we were very involved with conversation so we spent a lot of time. We were not pushed out, bothered, it was enjoyable. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/12/2013Our waitress was great! Food was well presented and prepared very nicely!Special Features:
- Interesting menu with a wideAAC1Dined on 4/21/2013Interesting menu with a wide variety of options. Solid wine list with several dozen wines available by the glass. Excellent, friendly service. A very enjoyable evening.
- Great location in Stowe.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2013Great location in Stowe. Friendly atmosphere, nice menu. Try the Vermont Organic Mapletini!Special Features:
- When there is no live music,JnmiVIPDined on 2/18/2013When there is no live music, the ambience is calm and nice. Food and service is excellent! Great beer and wine lists too.Special Features:
- Although most the tables weren'tBlureviewerVIPDined on 2/17/2013Although most the tables weren't full (not crowded) our lunch order did not arrive for an hour after we ordered. The waitress was unapologetic and did not check in much. After an hour we found the manager and told him to either cancel our order or pack it to go- they packed it to-go without any condiments and did not take anything off the bill.
- TerribleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/16/2013Was awful. Bad food, music playing loudly in our ear.
- Food and ambience was wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Food was amazing, restaurant was nicely decorated and clean. Unfortunately service was overly delayed throughout our visit and was unfortunately a let down.
- The ambiance was nice-thespecialdate50Dined on 2/15/2013The ambiance was nice-the food was ok but nothing special for what we had-prices a little on the high side for the amount of food-beer choices should be better on tap considering all you have to offer in area-we have been going to Stowe for over 30 years and have never been but I do not think we will return=at least not for dinner.
- We were excited to try it,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013We were excited to try it, because it was a few feet from our hotel room. It went downhill from there. The French onion soup was tasteless, like dishwater. When we mentioned it to the waitress, she said that she didn't like French onion soup, and charged us $7.00. I chose a pork medallion dish for $26.00, figuring that it would be something special. It wasn't. There were 3 slices which were tough and overcooked. Thrown onto the plate were 4 stalks of asparagus and a scoop of mashed potatoes which were forgettable. All in all, it was insulting for the prices paid. I'm still waiting for the refund for the soup, but won't hold my breath. Drive past this one if you have any choice, unless you have 3 screaming hungry kids.Special Features:
- We had an excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/4/2013We had an excellent experience with the waitstaff and the food was great. The atmosphere was casual and fun. Our special request was also honored.Special Features:
- Charlie B's is one of theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2012Charlie B's is one of the best ski town pubs around. The food is outstanding and the service is excellent. The atmosphere is vibrant and upbeat. Everything was great. We've eaten there many times and it's always a great meal, and a great time. The pepper crusted steak was cooked perfectly, and the haddock was light and flaky. The veggie strudel was outstanding.Special Features:
- Great place for an après-skiMamieVIPDined on 12/28/2012Great place for an après-ski dinner. Good selection, good food, good service
- Thank you!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/23/2012We spent our 40th anniversary at Stowflake Inn and had dinner at Charlie B's. Everything was very nice, but we especially liked having a drink in front of the fireplace. It was very romantic.
- We did not have the greatestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/4/2012We did not have the greatest dining experience. I had been there before and the food was fantastic, especially the New England Haddock. Unfortunately, this evening it was mediocre at best. Portion size was not like the previous experience and my husband was left still wondering where his dinner was. Also, the atmosphere was way too noisy. We had a 7:00 pm reservation and I did not know that there was live entertainment at 8:00. So we really did not have good conversation. Way too loud for us. We would probably not go there again, unless I went without my husband. Sorry.Special Features:
- We only ordered ribs and aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/28/2012We only ordered ribs and a Ceasar salad, but found both disappointing. The atmosphere and service were pub like, so adequate....but the food not great....the ribs had not been cooked long, and the salad was not Ceasar at all but made with Iceberg Lettuce and it looked like the bottom of the barrel.
- The food was average at best,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/20/2012The food was average at best, definitely not worth the price. We had to send an over done steak back and the replacement didn't arrive until everyone had fineshed their meal. The steak was oredered med rare. The person was not even offered a complimentary drink for the inconvenience.
- 5 of us made reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/12/20125 of us made reservations at Charlie B's. We were excited about the food and drink selections. WE would recommend it to others and will certainly do our "get togethers" there.Special Features:
- Despite having reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/1/2012Despite having reservations we were turned away, leaving us in the middle of an unfamiliar city with no reservations, no idea where to go, and no idea what to do for Bee Years dinner.
- The food was ok the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/30/2011The food was ok the service was slow. But if you dont have rush is a good spot