Charley's Wildfire Grille
6107 S Orange Blossom Trl
Orlando, FL 32809Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Charley's Wildfire Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.charleyswildfiregrille.com/
- Phone: 4078517130
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Romain Aurelus
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
A word from Charley's Wildfire Grille
The Woodsby family has operated steak and seafood restaurants in central Florida since 1974. Charley's Wildfire Grille is a classic Charley’s Steak House for the next generation. They offer a fabulous menu of typical and not-so-typical steakhouse fare, featuring "Guaranteed" USDA Choice steaks and market fresh seafood grilled over Florida citrus and oak woods in a custom-built pit. The secret of success at Charley’s Wildfire Grille has to be the pit. Steaks, chicken, chops and fresh fish are cooked over a 1,200-degree fire. The flavor from the wood is marvelous, with an aroma that will make your mouth water. If you are thirsty don’t miss Happy Hour where cocktails made with fresh fruit and spices along with craft beers are a specialty.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Charley's Wildfire Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
- 60 minutes to a great steakOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2013Charley's has been a family favorite for many years. We were concerned when the menu and atmosphere changed but the food is still outstanding and well worth the hour drive. Staff is excellent and always a pleasure to bring family and business associates out for a great meal. Well Done, Folks!Special Features:
- this was the best dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/24/2013this was the best dining experience we have ever had. we were greeted at the door by the manager mario who showed us the cut of steak in the display and made us feel very welcome and appreciated. i have been dining at this location since the 70's as a child with my parents when it was "talk of the town" restaurant. everything was fresh and tasty cooked over the wood fire grill. experiences like this make me glad i am a local and can dine there anytime. also, the new menu makes it much more affordable to take the entire family with you. great food, great service, and we left smiling. thank you charley's wildfire grill!Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/23/2013Wonderful dining experience. The bartender,Adam was super! Very informative and gave us the up to date info on Charley's new dining. We had so much fun at the bar,we ate our dinner there and made new friends. We were celebrating my fiance's birthday and will be back to celebrate mine.Special Features:
- I wanted a great steak. WhatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/22/2013I wanted a great steak. What I got was a great steak at a great price with an awesome bottle of wine!Special Features:
- Location is ok....food isLauraDined on 4/22/2013Location is ok....food is good....ambiance is ok. Overall experience is acceptable, but not memorable.
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013What a pleasant surprise Charlie's was after having other dinners out in Orlando just didn't come up to par Charlie's was fabulous
- Still great food, terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/17/2013We have been going to Charley's for about 2 decades for birthdays. We hadn't been since last April and didn't realize they had done so many changes. The food was still great except for 2 of the choices I normally order were no longer on the menu. We were disappointed that there was no more salad/soup bar. The worst part of the change was the staff though. It used to be that you could hardly get thru half your beverage and the server was filling you up. This time we had to look for our waitress. The girl we had serving us was way to loud and pushy for our taste. Also I had never even seen a child in Charley's before, this time there was a baby crying almost the whole time. If I want to hear that I'll go to TGI Friday's.Special Features:
- We enjoyed dinner. The steakOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/16/2013We enjoyed dinner. The steak was excellent! Our waiter was slow. He spilled two glasses of wine when he served our drinks. An accident can happen to anyone. However, when we received our bill, we had been charged for both glasses! It took him 45 minutes from that time to complete our transactions--correct our bill and take our payment. We had already finished dinner and were just waiting. It did not leave us with a favaorable impression.Special Features:
- Sebastian's 21st Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/8/2013The service was good and the food was great especially, the steak.Special Features:
- Have been to this locationChiefpilotDined on 4/7/2013Have been to this location of Charley's many times and noted considerable changes, some for the good. They have paired down their wine list considerably which needed to happen. Old one was way too large. They did away with the salad bar and have replaced it with a salad that is OK. But the new French Onion Soup is wonderful. They have reduced their menu down, including getting rid of the porterhouse steak. But if you haven't, give them a try. They are trying to make a comeback and have wonderful pricing right now. Two of us ate a five course dinner for less than $100, including drinks. They are trying to get the locals coming back. WE will go back again next time we are in Orlando.Special Features:
- Where is Charley?HawaiianDined on 4/7/2013The place has changed since they changed their name. The t-bone steak was good, but I usually get the rib-eye, which I did not get to try again. The 5-course meal deal was a good option. They got rid of the salad bar.Special Features:
- Super!GiseleDined on 4/6/2013We had a marvelous dinner. Great ambiance, service and spectacular foodSpecial Features:
- My family and I have beenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/4/2013My family and I have been coming to Charley's for over 20 years now, the last time was the "old theme". Charley's Wildfire Grille was a new rendition and a surprise, a pleasant surprise. We throughly enjoyed our meal and will continue to return. We did have a meal that was over done, but it was quickly re-prepared and returned. It happens. The manager visited and took personal charge of the correction. Great food, great family and great conversation.Special Features:
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/3/2013Outstanding value, 5 course steak meal for $30! The neighborhood was a little questionable getting there but it was a great find. I was expecting subpar quality or really small portions but everything was what you would expect from a high-end steakhouse and it was more than enough food.Special Features:
- Food is a little more expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/2/2013Food is a little more expensive than your standard dinner fair, but you are paying for high quality food and service.Special Features:
- Little strange having theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/1/2013Little strange having the young daughters here to eat, worried they would be too loudSpecial Features:
- Chicago dining found in OrlandoOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013I visit many steakhouses in Chicago... and frequent only one. However, if this place was in Chicago, I would have two to frequent. Great food prepared with care; service (request Yaminah as your server) with heart you won't find anywhere else; and an atmosphere that rivals the Chicago steakhouse scenes. I loved it!!Special Features:
- Very nice - great salad andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/27/2013Very nice - great salad and the steaks were prepared as ordered. Very attendive serviceSpecial Features:
- It was good and we enjoyed.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2013It was good and we enjoyed. My husband's t-bone was not up to par the manager took it off the bill. My husband didn't ask him to but Mgr. did the right thing. Charley's has lost what made them Charley's for the longest time. We went for years as a couple and with big groups -- loved it!! It was a special occasion with each other or more often with close friends -- with great wine list and superb steaks. Manager was awesome this time and waiter was also but they can't overcome where the owners have put this "old piece of Orlando History". Very sparse crowd so we aren't the only ones feeling this way. We didn't need -- but do miss the big pieces of Chocolate Cake and Carrot cake to take home and eat on all week.Special Features:
- Our waiter John was knowledgeableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/26/2013Our waiter John was knowledgeable and courteous. The Filets we ordered were good and cooked to requested temperatures. The filets were good but not "Eyebrow Licking Good". We'll probably make the drive to Lakeland for Cattlemans next time.Special Features:
- They always make us feel soOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013They always make us feel so special there. The food is out of this world. Amazing steakes. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Prime Steak meets Reasonable pricesSwm4162VIPDined on 3/16/2013Charlies has changed their menu now offering lower priced USDA Choice steaks and one Prime cut (the rib eye). The result has created a top steakhouse fit for special occasions with prices that are down right inexpensive. They are really onto something with this concept. Do ask for Jennie as your server.Do try the portabello fries.Special Features:
- You get what you pay forAd0maticVIPDined on 3/16/2013For $30 you can get a 5 course steak dinner. The steak was good, not great. The salad was over-dressed and soggy. Their famous fried portabello appetizer is too much for one person and would be better if the mushrooms were sliced thinner. The lobster bisque was a bit bland. But the servers were very friendly, the desserts were tasty and as i said, there was nothing wrong with the steaks.Special Features:
- The service was Slow and hadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/12/2013The service was Slow and had to ask for drink refill all the time. Asked for more bread and never got it. Steak was ok not the flavorful filet it was 5 years ago . They have definately made some changes that has effective their quality. I will be searching for another fine dining steak house.
- No valueOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/25/2013We waited 10 minutes for our waiter to finally welcome us. I had the French Onion soup which was pilled high will cheese, it was uneatable. When our food finally came out it was all cold. The meal cost $108.00 for two people, it was defiantly not worth that.
- On February 13, 2013, I hadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013On February 13, 2013, I had a birthday party and had 13 people in attendance. We had two servers for the evening. One server was very pre-occupied and forgetful. Our drinks were not filled unless we stopped her at another table and requested refills. We requested additional bread and she never brought any more to our table. I regret that I cannot recall either the good or the pre-occupied waiteress names.Special Features:
- dreadfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013Outstanding, knowledgeable, and attentive wait staff --- truly great service Sadly, the food was truly dreadful. The calamari appetizer, both entrees, and even the salad looked, smelled, and tasted like mushy, re-heated leftovers. One hopes (even expects) the food to "pop and sizzle" in aroma, presentation, and most of all FLAVOR at a fine restaurant. Charley's food failed on all accounts. Just as a great meal often ends with a great dessert, our terrible meal ended with a terrible dessert offering....limp, faded, dusty desserts cups served in tiny imitation crystal martini glasses. we shall not return.Special Features:
- The steak was good but overOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013The steak was good but over priced by about 20%. The salad had to much of a black olive taste, but the smashed potatoes were very good. The service was good but I could tell there was some kind of in-fighting going on with the servers. All in all dinner was good but if was left up to me I would go somewhere else. This place is not as good as it was years age.
- I wasn't aware Charlie's SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/16/2013I wasn't aware Charlie's Steakhouse sold this location and it is now Charlie's Wildfire Grille. The appetizer and dessert were average. The entree was very good. The Charlie's Steakhouse ambiance is definitely not there.
- Charley's newest twist onOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2013Charley's newest twist on an old favorite definitely measures up to expectations. The entrees are as good as they ever were but the atmosphere is more relaxed. We both had the "Charley's Beefsteak" special. For a moderate price you get a full meal consisting of an appetizer, entree, side and dessert. We found it necessary to ask for a box for the leftovers as it is impossible to finish the whole meal. My wife enjoyed the Chateaubriand and I had the T-Bone, which as perfectly prepared. The service is superb and there seems to be a real attempt to ensure that customers have everything they want to make a fine meal. The new desserts are fantastic! While small in appearance, they are the best I've encountered anyplace.Special Features:
- Great Grilled Pork Chop!mzlorDined on 2/15/2013Haven't had a grilled chop that good in quite a long time! Was a litte too noisy... But could have just been our table location. They only honored happy hour at the bar... Didn't like that !Special Features:
- I understand that it was ValentinesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013I understand that it was Valentines Day and they were extremely busy but I had a reservation and got seated over an hour late. I have dined at the location on International Drive and it was a great experience and food was delicious. The food did not taste as good at this location. Overall I would recommend your restaurant.Special Features:
- I made a reservation for ValentinesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013I made a reservation for Valentines Day and it was not honored due to I'd assume poor management. When I got there at 8pm they were only seating people who made reservations for 7pm. Unfortunately I left.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Although we had a long wait on Valentine's night (1.5 hours after our reservation time) the great food and friendly people we met made it worth the wait. Also, the prices are very reasonable for a steak house of this quality. This was our first time and I'm happy to say we would definitely go back. I'm sure the long wait on Valentine's was a fluke.Special Features:
- This was our 2nd time at Charley's.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013This was our 2nd time at Charley's. We went back for Valentine's Day because we enjoyed our visit so much the 1st time. We were not disappointed. The food is fabulous as well as the service. We had reservations for 7 but were not seated until 8. We were not that upset because we were there to enjoy ourselves and had a few drinks at the bar. Apparently they allowed walk-ins to interfere with their reservations. Trying to capture all of the business I guess. We highly recommend dining here.Special Features:
- It was a challenge to findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013It was a challenge to find a positive given the unexpected long wait. Understanding it was Valentine's Day I was not surprised at the business for the night. We were told when we arrived 10 minutes prior to our reservation time of 7:00. To be told it would be a 30 minute wait. Another family that checked in at the same time without a reservation was told it would be 90 minutes before being seated. We were seated at 8:15, 85 minutes after we arrived. The party without the reservation was seated less thenm 5 minutes later. Clearly some unresolved isssues at the desk. Not unexpected for a new business, but very unexpected given the number of years Charlies has been opened. Once we were seated the server did a good job to make a positive.Special Features:
- Charlies Wildfire GrilleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Sad proof that you pay as much for a bad meal as a good one. Waited over an hour past our reservation time. After finally being seated service was slow and inept. Wine was brought but never poured. After a long wait, salads arrived without bread. Then our dinners arrived on top of our salads. We sent them back and they brought the same meals back 15 min. later, having left them sit under a heat lamp. Awful. The manager was apologetic but hapless and even personally delivered a "fresh" dinner with the bone from the rejected, warmed-over steak plopped on the plate with slices cut from an entirely different steak. Incredible! Go elsewhere. There are plenty of good choices for steak in Orlando.
- Great food for a great priceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013The food was excellent and the price was very fair. The service was a little lackluster, but it was Valentine's Day so it is acceptable. The ambiance was quite nice and the place looked old, but clean and well taken care of. The real focus on a restaurant is the food and they prepared it perfectly with quality ingredients. Love this spot for the upscale food and experience at a cheaper price point.Special Features:
- Only complaint was the wait,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Only complaint was the wait, the reason it didn't get an overall Outstanding rating. We had a 6:00pm reservation, checked in at 5:50pm but did not get seated until 6:30pm.Special Features:
- Well another huge corporateOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2013Well another huge corporate mistake. Menu has been changed, and not for the better. Salad bar has been removed and replaced a nasty, wilted salad served tableside. The once wonderful steakhouse has been reduced to the level of a chain restaurant. Cheaper cuts of meat that management feels the need to cover up with sauces and rubs have replaced the once beautiful meat cart presentation. Service is lousy. I guess you get what you pay for. We have been eating at Charleys Steakhouse for many years, be we won't be back.