Charley's Steak House - Tampa
4444 W Cypress St
Tampa, FL 33607Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Charley's Steak House - Tampa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.charleyssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 8133539706
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Scott Trepanier
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
A word from Charley's Steak House - Tampa
Charley's Steak House is owned by the Woodsby family and has operated in Florida since 1974. Charley’s serves only three-year-old USDA prime and choice Angus steers, aging them four to six weeks for tenderness & flavor and hand-cutting the steaks daily to ensure consistent quality. The steaks are then flame-broiled over Florida citrus and oak wood in a custom-built pit at 1200º searing in the tantalizing taste that has made Charley’s the #1 steakhouse in America every year since 2007! Charley’s philosophy of providing only the finest extends from the kitchen to the wine cellar. The wine list approaches 1000 selections from scores of exceptional wineries around the globe. Charley’s has been recognized with numerous awards including “Best of Award of Excellence” from Wine Spectator magazine, DiRōNA and Orlando Magazine’s“ Best Steak House & Best Old Favorite”. Charley’s has been creating fans from around the world for nearly 40 years. We look forward to having you become a fan soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Charley's Steak House - Tampa - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Charley's Steak House - Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
278 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (213)notable wine list (121)romantic (113)fit for foodies (77)good for groups (60)neighborhood gem (37)vibrant bar scene (34)hot spot (30)late-night find (13)scenic view (9)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The service was outstanding. Our meals were delicious.Special Features:
- Great steak house!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Being picky steak waters, my husband and I are always skeptics of any new place- Charley's was certainly up to par! Side dishes are a bit much but overall great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Steak, Bad LobsterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014This was our 2nd trip to Charley's & it was our anniversary. We ordered surf & turf both times, however this time we mentioned to the waiter that we didn't want our lobster charred/dried on the edges, that was how it was the last time we were there. The waiter said he would talk to the chef about that. The Lobster tail we received did not look like the one we had last time so we thought it would be better than the last, however this too was dry & tough. A lobster tail should be tender & moist, this was neither. We did not mention it to the mgr who came to the table as we did not want to make a scene, but as far as I'm concerned, if you pay upwards of $120 for surf & turf, the lobster tail should be much better than it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingdinner45Dined on 9/26/2014Best steak ever. Wine list was great. Pricey but well worth every last penny...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dry cigarsMsunsatisfdDined on 9/26/2014I took my husband to Charley's to celebrate his birthday. The service and food was just "ok". Our server was young and appeared to be inexperienced. It took a while to receive our bread and salads. My steak tasted like charcoal and my husband had more fat on his steak than ever before. We have been there many times before and had a better experience. We ordered cigars to enjoy later after the meal. The cigars were dry even though they were presented to us in a humidor!! My total bill was $200, so everything should have been a much better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ultimate steak experiencePrimeSteakHeavenDined on 9/26/2014Want your prime, aged steak skillet-fried, oven-baked, or swimming in butter? Then don't come here. But if your priority is to savor the finest cut of beef (or fish) that proves its' merit through careful searing and grilling over wood that brings the ultimate steak flavor to the highest level, then Charley's is a must! My wife's sea bass was moist and flavorful in every bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much FatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Steak was half fat had 22 oz kansas sirloin tasty but 11 oz of fat. Wife had filet no taste decent size. Salad was good. Noise level was so loud we could hardly talk to each other. Not a good romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Off the markOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Was not the experience that we are used to from Charlie's. One steak over done, one underdone, coffee was served cold, molten chocolate desert served cold as well , service was marginal. Well you get the idea. Was also very loud in the room that we where located in. We will be going to Burn's for our next steak outing.Special Features:
- Birthday PartySandyDined on 9/20/2014Great service and the server was wonderful. Lobster Great and those in the party that had other entrees raved about them also.Special Features:
- Butter on steakCharleysDined on 9/20/2014I ordered the T-bone. I was surprised it came with a large pat of butter melting on the the steak. Was it necessary to add cholesterol on top of cholesterol? The sides were wonderful. We had the fried green tomatoes, smashed potatoes and sauted onions and mushrooms. I thought the onions and mushrooms were a bit heavy on the fats also. A steak house obviously is not a place for heart patients but to add more fats on top of the fat is a bit much. It could have been made a bit lighter. Next visit I will request that ahead of time. The server was very attentive except when it came to coffee refills. Why don't restaurants offer coffee refills like they used to?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!ThefoodguyVIPDined on 9/19/2014Went here for my friends birthday! It was awesome! Food was amazing and service was the best (ask for Suzi) definitely will be coming back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014Nice place for an excellent steak. Waiter very attentive. Only drawback was the booth we were seated in. Bench seat low to the ground and felt cramped. Took away from the otherwise outstanding ambience. Would recommend sitting at a table instead.Special Features:
- FloridaVisitorDined on 9/19/2014The Filet Mignon was delicious. Compared to our last visit, this time the Swordfish was also very good. Service was fine and we appricated the seating in a place with moderate noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Servicepete74Dined on 9/18/2014Our waiter Susan was excellent. She went above and beyond but was still down to earth and conversed with us to make us feel right at home and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jzhillsDined on 9/18/2014Great food...great service...as always! We have never had a bad meal...will keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014Amber's service was superb! Amber, combined with outstanding food, made the occasion very special indeed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best and the Worst!BuddytheFoodguyDined on 9/14/2014This was my 3rd visit to Charley's and each time was the same experience. It's a beautiful restaurant with elegant decor. The cocktails that we had were always above excellent! The appetizers superb. The wine list, great. Then comes the steak, ugh! I had the Kansas City strip the first time and the Delmonico the other times. Each time, the steak was tough and gristly. But I pretended to like it since we were with a party and not to be the whiner, I simply endured. Also, the so called "Signature" wood pit that they cook the steaks on adds a flavor that I can only describe as a smokey old chimney. If you're a steak house you should know how to select and cook steak, and Charley's just doesn't know how to do either.
- mariaDined on 9/14/2014outstanding service, great food, a great wine/champagne listSpecial Features:
- Deliscious!jeninsarasotaDined on 9/13/2014My filet was amazing, the cauliflower fantastic & the mushroom fondue appetizer very yummy. Service was excellent. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- what a nightTerminallyMarriedDined on 9/13/2014Charlie's in Tampa rivals the best of the best when it comes to great steak houses. From the moment you arrive on their driveway until you leave every detail is managed perfectly.Special Features:
- Always great steaksIlovefishDined on 9/13/2014Dining at Charley's is special. The steaks are always flavorful and well-prepared. The new dessert selections are fun and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diffrent but goodMurmurDined on 9/13/2014The steaks have an unique smoked flavor that was not exactly my cup of tea but good. Overall it's a very good place to dine if you want to try a different type of flavored steak.
- TampaEd1331VIPDined on 9/9/2014Great place for a steak been there many times, always great service and a fun place to celebrate anythingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real gem!JunebugDined on 9/6/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for any special occasion. We both loved it. The waiter was great and very on top of everything. The pricing is on the higher side but the portions are huge. I would definitely recommend the Lobster Mac & Cheese and the Kansas City New York Strip. The molten lava cake was superb as well. You truly can't go wrong with going here!Special Features:
- Not so great second time around!!TheFifGroupDined on 9/6/2014Went with a group for a birthday party and service was incredibly slow, the steaks we all ordered to be medium were, well, more medium rare and bleeding all over our plates. It was an awful experience!!Special Features:
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014This was my 2nd time at Charley's. The steak with amazing. It melted in my mouth. The serveice was wonderful as always.....I will definitly go back !Special Features:
- Kickass!!!!luvsteakDined on 9/6/2014Great place to come for a special day like birthdays or anniversary. Worth every penny.Special Features:
- Consistently Outstanding!JeditexanVIPDined on 9/4/2014Very refined, great wine list, good service, and awesome menu. Try the alligator appetizer - it is wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A different styleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Wish we could have seen how our steaks were cooked as told, by our server. A quick walk around to see the entire dining area would have been appreciated. Noise level high!Special Features:
- What happened?DisappointedDined on 9/3/2014My fiance and I love and have been to Charley's many times. We went on the 3rd with some friends and don't know if we will be back. Our serverer was celebrating her birthday and should have taken the night off. Three out of the four meals either had to be sent back or were not up to the normal Charley's presentation. A pork chop that could never be cooked all the way, cold crab legs, and a bland steak were our issues. Scott did take of the pork chop for our friend and sent dessert for each couple. It was dissapointing that for all we bragged about the excellent service and food to our friends to have an experience like this.Special Features:
- Great steaks!!!mjcalderone3Dined on 8/31/2014As always Charley's did not disappoint. The steaks are always great. The service was very attentive. The lobster mac and cheese was also a nice new addition to the menu. The bar also pours quality. Only disappointing thing was that the desserts are now made in-house and the new chocolate cake has Grand Marier in the icing; should stick with only chocolate dropping the Grand Marier.Special Features:
- foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The price of the food was understandable, but if I pay for a five star meal then that's what I should receive. The food was bland, the salad was brown. I was disappointed. But, the waiter was delightful.Special Features:
- we love charley'starheelsDined on 8/30/2014We make a special trip to Tampa just eat at Charley's. We usually go for the awesome Australian lobster tail although we did steak too this trip. We were celebrating 51 years of marriage. Looking forward to the next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoylifeDined on 8/30/2014Have dined a number of times and always very pleased. Would recommend to anyoneSpecial Features:
- A South Tampa GemNatelyBatelyDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I have dined at Charley's on a number of occasions. We found this occasion much like the others. the food and service was excellent. I believe the value for the dollar is greater at Charley's than at other similar steakhouse's. The Flavor of the beef (wood grilled) is memorable. The service has an old school air about it, efficient precise and elegant. We left Happy and overly satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding wine, meal, and dessertHonHakDined on 8/29/2014The environment is awesome, very rustic in many ways with the lighting, decor, and dinning areas. The wine list is large - so we enjoyed the help of our server to recommend based on our description. It was a great choice - Chilean wine! We both had steak - which you can't go wrong. Cooked absolutely perfect temperature, and the cut of meats were the best you could expect. The dessert was a great surprise, chocolate/chocolate/chocolate with grand marnier! Overall - would go anytime, any occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakSignGuyDined on 8/29/2014Beat I have ever had, service excellent would highly recommend for special occasions or just a great night out with someone special. On this night it was a business meeting and yes I closed the deal!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food just be specificAlwayshungryDined on 8/27/2014Had dinner a Charley's a few nights ago asked for a medium steak which on the menu say hot pink center, what I received was barley cooked steak with a bright red center. Lobster Mac and Alaskan crab legs were great, don't get the mushroom and onions "not a lot of flavor barley caramelized"Special Features:
- The Ultimate SteakNYsteakloverDined on 8/27/2014This is an above the norm steakhouse. Unfortunately Rib eye steaks are not listed on the menu but they carry both black angus and Kobe steaks. The oversize steaks are reasonably priced and unbelievably delicious. Next time I'm in the Tampa area this is a must go place.Special Features:
- Charley's, a cut aboveNilesDined on 8/26/2014The food, as always, was outstanding and our waitress just made the entire evening even more enjoyable. Great service, great smile, sense of humor, very personable - the type that you would ask for again. Needless to say, I be returning sooner than later.Special Features: