Charley's Steak House - Tampa
4444 W Cypress St
Tampa, FL 33607Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Charley's Steak House - Tampa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.charleyssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (813) 353-9706
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Scott Trepanier
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
A word from Charley's Steak House - Tampa
Charley's Steak House is owned by the Woodsby family and has operated in Florida since 1974. Charley’s serves only three-year-old USDA prime and choice Angus steers, aging them four to six weeks for tenderness & flavor and hand-cutting the steaks daily to ensure consistent quality. The steaks are then flame-broiled over Florida citrus and oak wood in a custom-built pit at 1200º searing in the tantalizing taste that has made Charley’s the #1 steakhouse in America every year since 2007! Charley’s philosophy of providing only the finest extends from the kitchen to the wine cellar. The wine list approaches 1000 selections from scores of exceptional wineries around the globe. Charley’s has been recognized with numerous awards including “Best of Award of Excellence” from Wine Spectator magazine, DiRōNA and Orlando Magazine’s“ Best Steak House & Best Old Favorite”. Charley’s has been creating fans from around the world for nearly 40 years. We look forward to having you become a fan soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Charley's Steak House - Tampa - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Charley's Steak House - Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
275 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (200)notable wine list (125)romantic (106)fit for foodies (91)good for groups (72)vibrant bar scene (40)neighborhood gem (36)hot spot (35)late-night find (15)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Always go to Charley's when in TampaBusinessTravellerDined on 11/23/2014Whenever I am in Tampa on business or leisure, I always go to Charley's for a steak. The quality of the meats are impeccable, and I love the unique flavor from cooking on their blend of woods including Florida citrus. The service is great, the wait staff is very professional, knowledgeable, and responsive. They really make you feel welcome. The menu has improved with broader selections and the prices are well worth the value received. There are some fabulous specials, including the special 20 ounce filet with lobster tails for two people. They divide it up for you at the table according to your preference. Of all the steakhouses in the east, Charley's is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite restaurant!KarenDined on 11/22/2014My family and I enjoyed dining at this restaurant enormously. Everything was cooked to perfection and the service was impeccable. We will return as often as possible and will recommend Charley's to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great has become even Greater !JerrDined on 11/22/2014Always been great stealk and seafood but they are always trying to make it even better .We love the newer Bourbon selectionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Steak - best in areaGr8foodDined on 11/22/2014We have dined at Charleys for several years. The quality and perfection of their steaks keeps us coming back. The service is fantastic- very attentive but not overbearing. I love the ambiance - each room has a different feel to it. And. They've recently added a wood grilled Caesar Salad to the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Questionable CallsRobbDined on 11/19/2014It would take something REALLY bad to get me to dislike Charley's.The food is always spot-on. I will advise people not to be shy about requesting to be reseated if you have a large party. Twice now I've had 15+ people and we have been seated at one large, long table that maroons people at the ends feeling like outcasts. Do better, Charley's! Also, the wine list. I never expected to dislike a wine from Charley's, but this time around, I did. The server was kind enough to remove the glass from my check. However, when I told him of how much I disliked the wine, he commented, "Yeah, not many people like it." What?! Take it off the menu! To be extra fair, he made a great "runner up" recommendation that I enjoyed and had two additional glasses after the first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so much.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/19/2014First time my husband and I have been there. At the hostess stand they did not ask if we had a reservation. Drinking sodas while working.Too young for this venue. Salad and bisque were good. I had stone crabs-no complaint. My husband had a steak and we both have had better. The martini was marginal-Cosmo. The side was too salty. We prefer Capital Grille or Hyde Park Steak house. We will not return nor would we recommend. Waste of time and money. On an up note-the server "Frias" was well prepared regarding the menu and attentive without being intrusive. The bar seemed lively. Too bad, I was looking forward to it.
- Will not go back!DisappointedDined on 11/14/2014When we arrived the place was packed, which normally is a good sign of things to come. We hadn't been to Charley's for many years, so we went back to celebrate my 70th birthday! And what did I get for my birthday? A candle stuck in our desert. A drink costs $20? Good grief! The food was very good, however, but not worth the price. Salads were good. The veal chop and shrimp were prepared perfectly and tasted great. The asparagus was VERY disappointing. But, the booth seats were, to say the least, uncomfortable. They moved us from our first booth to another, and while better, was still not as comfortable as it should have been for a restaurant charging these kinds of prices. Our waitress was attentive without being hovering. We don't mind paying top dollar for a great meal and experience, but this was just OK.
- Great restaurant only gripe is...tlrussellDined on 11/14/2014The two person booths are really uncomfortable. Seats are small. Steak was awesome.I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food great serviceHappypersonDined on 11/13/2014It was our first time at Charlie's. Very well manage of the table, Suzi our server had a great knowledge of the menu and recomeded the perfect wine for our steak, I personally had the Angus Ribeye and it was one of the best steaks I ever had , we will definitely go back . Thanks for the great food and awesome service .. David Torres.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, tight seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014can't complain on the food, good stuff, prepared right. Sat in a booth in the back and while not a big guy, it felt very constrained. It was afixed to the wall, so it wasn't moving. The chocolate cake dessert was good, but not sure worth the $10+. The service was quick and nice. The soda was flat and instead of offering to change out / add carbonation, I was given a different soda. while this solved the issue, I would prefer the problem fixed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- World class steak house does not disappoint!CheeseDined on 11/13/2014Simply outstanding service and food!! We arrived before the 5 PM opening (we had a 5 PM reservation) but were not turned away. Our expectations were exceeded when we were treated like valued guests and allowed to have glasses of wine at the bar! We ate at the bar and the service by Erik, our primary server, was amazing in terms of wine suggestions and food choices. Staffers Gary, Mike, and Gabi also served us and were most professional and very accommodating. Charley's is most highly recommended for a world-class dining experience!! 5 plus stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best!!jkwcicDined on 11/8/2014We just love Charlie's. It's our favorite place to go with our best friends or something special as a couple. Food is outstanding. Love the crab cake appetizer!! Service is excellent.Special Features:
- Dinner for four.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014The meat was excellent as were the appetizers. The salad was not my favorite - I do not care for grilled Caesar salads. Dessert was good. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for steak!chrisdwDined on 11/7/2014I took my fiancé here for her birthday as she had mentioned it was her favorite place,I had never been. The service was very fast and friendly, the ambiance was great and the steaks were amazing! Would definitely recommend for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in TampaandreaDined on 11/6/2014The steaks were grilled perfectly with a 'Pittsburgh' char. They were tender and perfectly spiced. The service was superb, knowledgeable and responsive. They noise level can be a bit high so ask for a table away from the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for anniversariesMedtech75Dined on 11/6/2014This was a recommendation and an excellent one at that. My family love Charley's and that means dinner and the service. Our steaks were top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakawesomeDined on 11/5/2014I have been to every Charley's steakhouse and I am never disapppointed! the steak is always of great quality, prepared to perfection. I will continue to dine here whenever I am in town.Special Features:
- Business dinnerCK42Dined on 11/2/2014It's been a long time since I've been to Charley's, but the quality is as good as I remember. Everyone in my party said the steaks were outstanding. It is pricey though, which is to be expected at a high end steak house.Special Features:
- WowedravenousreaderDined on 11/2/2014Dinner was amazing. Getting to see all the steaks before ordering and learning about T-bones and Porterhouses being the same just cut differently was really cool. Amazing service. I didn't expect it to be as good as it was. I was wrong. Thank you for a wonderful eveningSpecial Features:
- Great RestaurantcharmaineVIPDined on 11/1/2014Food, service & atmosphere was awesome. Overall great dining experience. Couldn't have been betterSpecial Features:
- ExcellentWilliamDined on 11/1/2014It was my first time and it was EXCELLENT!!! The service was spot on and the food was absolutely amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AcceptableDisapintedDined on 11/1/2014The service was so so. The food as it comes to premium stakes was average in comparison to the competition (Burns or Capital Grill and even Ruth Chris) yet the price was the same. The stake arriving at the table seemed to have waited on the counter to be delivered. It was barely warm. I would not celebrate a special occasion at this eatery.Special Features:
- Probably won't go back......BeefeaterDined on 10/31/2014The steak and service were just what I expected. Good. It was the sides and sauces, where they really fell apart. If I order a steak "ala Oscar", I ecpect to see a nice piece of king crab and some asparagus spears on top of the steak that should include a hollandaise sauce. Not so here. Not quite sure what was on top, but it wasn't what I described above. The sides were over cooked. I will say that the server was very gracious and removed the Oscar charge from the bill. All in all, the overall experience did not live up to the hype or expectations.Special Features:
- sambroDined on 10/31/2014Everything was truly great. Asparagus undercooked, much to firm and ends not trimmed back far enough. Please do not this as an overall complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bill KOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014This is by far one of the best steakhouses in the country. The food, atmosphere and service are outstanding. I would strongly recommend Charlie's to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Meal in Tampa!TampaLoverDined on 10/27/2014I read great reviews about this restaurant online, and it did not disappoint! The food was amazing, the service was incredible, it was a beautiful establishment...I feel like I just can't say enough great things about this place! William was our server and he was polite, knowledgeable about the menu and the area, and so friendly! He really made our dinner enjoyable. We also got to meet Steve, one of the managers, to tell him how great the service was! I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a fancy date night, or just someone looking for a darn good steak.Special Features:
- Grilled does not mean burnt and dryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014Ambience and wait staff were very good. Food was over grilled and dried out. Swordfish was burnt and dried out. Ribeye steak was ordered well but came out the first time somewhere between medium rare and medium. We sent the order back and it came back totally burnt and dried out. The steak was not butterflied as expected when ordering well done and because it took so long before the steak was returned the second time, we just paid and left. We did let the wait staff know we were unhappy with our food and she did apologize. This was an expensive mistake to take our out of state family to for a fine dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014I think a higher level of a dress code needs to be enforced. People walking in there with t shirts and flip flops robs the establishment of its class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as usualJohnRDined on 10/25/2014great food excellent service. Loud noise group was the only negativeI would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and ambienceBigfanDined on 10/24/2014Charley's was exactly what I hoped for and then some. The smell of the wood grill as you walk in is only the beginning. From great cocktails and craft beer to the best calamari, each part of the meal was better than the last. The display and explanations of the steaks by the waiter was helpful. And they were the two best Kansas city and New York strips we've ever had. And the wait staff were great too. Definitely will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth the money...you WILL go againcharleysfanDined on 10/21/2014I have always heard what great steaks Charleys serves so my husband and I splurged for our anniversary and made a reservation. Unbelievable. From our server...who was very knowledgeable about the menu and not stuffy about it..to the melt in your mouth filet with the Oscar topping. We will absolutely go again. Its fine dining minus the tuxedo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatly DisappointingEasy2pleaseDined on 10/21/2014At first it appeared to be the high-end restaurant we expected. The service was excellent; the wine list excellent. We were disturbed by, but accepting of, a family with an infant having a crying fit nearby. But the shocking disappointment was being served a strip steak and a $90 rib eye both of which had gristle in every bite. Dinner for two, with the very good Seared Rare Tuna Sashimi appetizer, a glass of wine, and one cocktail totaled $254, including the tip. I can't imagine returning.Special Features:
- DisappointedItzFritzDined on 10/20/2014This is only the 2nd time I've dined here. The 1st was this past June for my birthday. I had the best Filet Mignon I had ever had. This time I took my girlfriend there for her birthday. She ordered a Bleu Cheese Stuffed Filet Mignon (medium). I ordered the Filet Mignon(medium) and Lobster Tail. Her steak arrived at the table with no bleu cheese and my steak arrived well-done (very little pink, no red). I was disappointed that the best part of my meal was the potatoes and bread.I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite spotsCharleysDined on 10/18/2014Great staff, service and food and wine...great place I would highly recommend it in Tampa Must visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening - Great SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We found this great steak house a few years ago when our go-to steak place (Berns) was booked up. A truly great find. Great steaks, superb service and friendly staff. A really fun place. If you like shrimp cocktail you'll find none better. GIGANTIC shrimp - fantastic presentation and only $13.50.Special Features:
- Love CharleysSteakAficionadoDined on 10/18/2014Always great food and good service; steaks always cooked to perfection and melt in your mouth!Special Features:
- DisappointingjustluvetoeatDined on 10/17/2014I'm sorry, but the Food was not as good as it used to. :( best thing was friendly server and nice tasty drinks.
- Worth The Moneyzgoldberg5Dined on 10/16/2014The Charley's staff knows how to make dining a great time. When we first got there, our waiter was very nice and promptly took drink orders. Ordering did take a bit longer then I would have liked, but not a crazy amount of time. The waiter also explained all cuts of meat and went over the menu with us, which was very helpful. We both got 12 oz. Filets, and they were amazing. Great flavor! I would recommend this cut @ medium well. Dessert was also tasty. Between drink, salads, entres, dessert, and a tip, the total came to about $200.00 for two. While this is expensive, trust me, you won't regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor excuse for a steak houseappreciatesgoodfoodDined on 10/15/2014Every aspect of the experience was horrible. Valet parking was a joke. The hostess attempted to seat us in an empty room two rooms away from any other diners. Our appetizers -lobster bisque came out ice cold. Was reheated in a microwave, having breaded lobster, broth that was pathetic. To their credit, bread rolls were good. Entrees were average - filet mignon was average. Side dish - Lobster mac and cheese was not flavorful. Was surprised that restaurant manager didn't stop by and check on us - but not unexpected because of the overall poor overpriced atmosphere. I would liken the experience to a bad dinning experience at a low end steak house. Do yourself a favor, avoid this place!
- Always wanted to go here.DaverDined on 10/14/2014We were always wanting to go here. Usually we do Flemmings. This night on an unexpected flight cancellation and the subsequent overnight stay and the need to eat we decided this was the night. The entire resturant machine was spectacular. The general flow inside the building and ambiance was 5 stars. Our food was close to being perfect except for my steak. It was the small filet. It was acceptable and not returnable but I was expecting a better steak experience. It was cooked to perfection but not a melt in my mouth meal. However, my wife's meal was! The wine list was too! In fact we purchased two $100.00 certificates to get the free steak knives which we were going to buy but discovered the gift certificate deal and was pleased to use it!Special Features: