Charley's Steak House I-DRIVE
8255 International Dr
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Charley's Steak House I-DRIVE
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.charleyssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 4073630228x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Charley's Steak House I-DRIVE
Charley's Steak House is owned by the Woodsby family and has operated in Florida since 1974. Charley’s serves only three-year-old USDA prime and choice Angus steers, aging them four to six weeks for tenderness & flavor and hand-cutting the steaks daily to ensure consistent quality. The steaks are then flame-broiled over Florida citrus and oak wood in a custom-built pit at 1200º searing in the tantalizing taste that has made Charley’s the #1 steakhouse in America every year since 2007! Charley’s philosophy of providing only the finest extends from the kitchen to the wine cellar. The wine list approaches 1000 selections from scores of exceptional wineries around the globe. Charley’s has been recognized with numerous awards including “Best of Award of Excellence” from Wine Spectator magazine, DiRōNA and Orlando Magazine’s“ Best Steak House & Best Old Favorite”. Charley’s has been creating fans from around the world for nearly 40 years. We look forward to having you become a fan soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Charley's Steak House I-DRIVE reviews from OpenTable diners
136 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (91)notable wine list (65)fit for foodies (54)romantic (53)good for groups (53)late-night find (16)neighborhood gem (15)kid-friendly (14)hot spot (13)great for lunch (10)great for outdoor dining (9)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- We'll be back!RebelVIPDined on 10/20/2014The restaurant is beautifully appointed. Our servers were a team of 3 and made sure we had everything we needed throughout our dining experience. Everyone's meals very delicious, especially my t- bone steak. This is a great place to dine when in Orlando!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You get what you pay for......OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014This is not the equivalent of Chillis or Uno, this is what I would call a proper steakhouse so as you would expect the prices reflect that ($35 for 20oz ribeye) that said it was worth every cent. The preparation, taste and texture of the steaks are exquisite. Note to self: do not go straight from the parks dressed in your shorts and vest, jeans/trousers and a shirt is a little more appropriate. You can see it from international drive but it is set back a little (just behind Ripleys believe it or not).Special Features:
- DissatisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/19/2014We had looked forward to our birthday dinner at Charley's as we had been several times before and really enjoyed the overall experience. This dining experience failed our expectations of great food and service. Our steak was not tender and our steaks were served to us 15 minutes before our sides arrived.Special Features:
- Fine Dinning at it's bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014This is a very nice upscale resturant. Fine dinning at it's bestSpecial Features:
- Loved our dining experience!DenedellDined on 10/18/2014It is a beautiful place, perfect ambiance. The service was fabulous. We are definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good.CharlesDined on 10/14/2014I did go the original restaurant. This one is not quite as good as the old one, but is still very nice. The food, steaks , were very tasty. All the side dishes were also very nice. The wine list is quite large and quite expensive. Overall a very nice evening.Special Features:
- Best Steakhouse!Wc2wDined on 10/13/2014Charley's Steakhouse in Orlando is absolutely Outstanding ... Food, Service, Ambiance. Just a terrific place to eat!Special Features:
- great placeJensDined on 10/12/2014- great service - need to make reservation (via internet) - great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FM NFRA DinnerFrankyJDined on 10/11/2014Restaurant is outdated and would not draw anyone under 40 unless they were dining with grandparents. Requested a table near the bar and got seated in a back room. Steak was great but I spend this kind of money I expect a better dining atmosphere. They could take a few hints from Flemings or the Capital Grille.
- Don't believe the hype!skiseadooDined on 10/11/2014The food is not as good as they advertise. Steaks were over cooked. They charge for refills on lemonade @ $3 a glass which is ridiculous.
- Too muchGr8grannyDined on 10/10/2014The food was very good but would have liked smaller portions. A 20oz. T-bone is way too much for a 100 lb woman to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday Celebration!gpcft1966Dined on 10/10/2014My wife and I went to Charley's to celebrate my birthday. The food, service, and ambiance made the occasion very special for both of us. It brought back wonderful memories of other occasions when we had opportunities to dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeJimWDined on 10/9/2014Much more thana steakhouse. Great food, wonderful wine list and impeccable service.Special Features:
- Might be the best steak ever hadColebabyDined on 10/7/2014Go there for the steak. The porterhouse is to die for. Very tasty, very tender. Salad was fantastic also. If you love steak, you must stop here if near OrlandoSpecial Features:
- Great evening!foxfoodieDined on 10/7/2014We had a party of 7 and we were in Orlando on business. It was a Tuesday night so it wasn't too busy, but we did make reservations. 3 of us ladies split the 20oz Fabulous Filet. Unfortunately, two of the portions (the ends) were overdone, but it still had wonderful flavor. The sides were delicious and we all split FIVE desserts that were divine! The monkey bread was amazing along with the pumpkin bread. Our service was exceptional. Walter was quick, friendly, had lots of personality, and made us feel very welcomed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really...FlingerDined on 10/6/2014Simply put, the Bone in Filet is perhaps the best steak I have ever eaten. Cooked over Citrus Oak, the flavor is stunningly perfect. Although a very generous portion, I wish it could have gone on and on. Throw in an October special of $79 for a bottle of Paradux - and, this meal becomes one of the greatest value meals of all time. I'm a Texan and we know something about good steaks. Well, Charley's can bring their restaurant to Texas anytime and we'll leave the light on for ya'll.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In a word, superbDebitmanDined on 10/5/2014I've only dined at Charley's a couple of times, since each location is far from my house, but each time has been superb. The prices, selections, portion and atmosphere are just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks a little offJoeZDined on 10/5/2014The service was great, as were the house salad and lobster bisque. The steaks had a bit of an unusual taste. Almost like they had been cooked over a gas fire. Or, the taste of residue from charcoal lighter fluid. Did not live up to past meals. We will try again in the future.Special Features:
- Great Food!ScottnWendyDined on 10/4/2014Great menu and wine list. Can't wait to go back again!!!Special Features:
- Great OverallTHGODined on 10/3/2014Knew this place would be ideal to kick off a bachelor party dinner. Everything was spot-on, exceeded my expectations and all of us left without complaint.Special Features:
- Michael was greatGValencicDined on 9/29/2014Impeccable service, Michael was knowledgeable, friendly, and witty. Food was fantastic as well!Special Features:
- Night On TownFCB7Dined on 9/27/2014Absolutely wonderful! Great service & food! We shall be back soon. Enjoyed every minute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charleys stack houseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014The service was bad The food cold The excusas were alot
- FoodNotsogoodDined on 9/27/2014Food was not good. Steak was overdone and tough. Way to expensive for the quality of foodSpecial Features:
- Wonderful dinnerKanjiDined on 9/26/2014The steak we have eaten was the greatest steak we have ever had. We live in Japan, but if we have chance to visit Orlando again, we would definitely choice your restaurant.Special Features:
- SelectionsbeststeaksatcharleysDined on 9/26/2014The selection is great on their meats. Service was excellent, thank you Francis. I had a flavorful T-bone and my wife had a great Kansas City Strip. We were celebrating our anniversary and we loved it. Totally recommend it to anyone celebrating a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodUkdiners2Dined on 9/26/2014Had a lovely meal with my partner only thing I would say is they didn't bring the meats over and explain them all, like they was doing with the other customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best SteakdriceteaDined on 9/26/2014Whenever I come to Orlando (I am from NY) I never miss going to Charley's. The steaks are perfectly cooked over a open wood fire, they are extremely tender and very flavorful.Special Features:
- Always a must!!!GoyoChedrauiVIPDined on 9/21/2014Will come back, again!!! Don't mis it. Great gor families and groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServicesteamdrmDined on 9/21/2014We are never disappointed when we go to Charley's. Our wait staff was wonderful, always attentive to our needs. If you are going ask for David A. as your waiter, he is very knowledgable and fun.
- excellentnaenaeDined on 9/19/2014Love the service waiter was amazing and the manager was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unplanned outingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/18/2014I am a frequent patron to many of your establishments and decided to dine this particular evening as the steaks are always amazing and this time was no different. However not an extreme gripe but I'd prefer larger baked potatoes and expand your salad dressing offerings. One additional note I'll add is that the temperature of sides seems to be not on par to my liking. This occasion I ordered the broccoli but it was too hard and even when it came back was no better. I ended up taking it home to salvage it and the crab cakes were top notch but again as you eat toward the center it became lukewarm as oppose to being hot from the first bite. My experience was a good one so I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Steaks & ServiceMFrancaVIPDined on 9/18/2014I am a meat aficionado and this was my first time at Charley's, which now ranks amongst my top ten.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014Fantastic experience, the best steak I've had in or around Orlando. A refreshing contrast to all the chain restaurants on I-Drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great serviceBfcperuDined on 9/16/2014The food is great, even their cooked term is compleatly exact. Price is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HillaryVIPDined on 9/12/2014Best steak dinner I've had in a l-o-n-g time. Waiter (Nick?) was a delight. Party name on the special's menu was a very nice touch. Phenomenal value.Special Features:
- Great food, Fair Servicelee9600Dined on 9/9/2014I've been going here for many years. Food was awesome as always. Service was lousy. Had to flag down management to get drink - which was comp'd - nice - but still not the level of service they used to have and what should have for the price of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014If you are looking for a good steak then this is definitely your place! The service is top notch and the food is just plain amazing! A bit pricey, but if you are able to splurge, this is your place!Special Features:
- Beef carpacciotheygotmeDined on 9/3/2014Charlie's has the best beef carpaccio appetizer in the world. If there was a contest for the best beef carpaccio, Charlie's would win hands down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dress codeGveraDined on 8/31/2014Lots to be desire, poeple with baseball caps, sandals and old t-shirts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.