Charley's Steak House I-DRIVE
8255 International Dr
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Charley's Steak House I-DRIVE
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.charleyssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 4073630228x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Charley's Steak House I-DRIVE
Charley's Steak House is owned by the Woodsby family and has operated in Florida since 1974. Charley’s serves only three-year-old USDA prime and choice Angus steers, aging them four to six weeks for tenderness & flavor and hand-cutting the steaks daily to ensure consistent quality. The steaks are then flame-broiled over Florida citrus and oak wood in a custom-built pit at 1200º searing in the tantalizing taste that has made Charley’s the #1 steakhouse in America every year since 2007! Charley’s philosophy of providing only the finest extends from the kitchen to the wine cellar. The wine list approaches 1000 selections from scores of exceptional wineries around the globe. Charley’s has been recognized with numerous awards including “Best of Award of Excellence” from Wine Spectator magazine, DiRōNA and Orlando Magazine’s“ Best Steak House & Best Old Favorite”. Charley’s has been creating fans from around the world for nearly 40 years. We look forward to having you become a fan soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Charley's Steak House I-DRIVE reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (78)romantic (48)notable wine list (46)good for groups (33)fit for foodies (33)neighborhood gem (14)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (5)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- AmazeballsSheila318Dined on 8/23/2014Great overall, definitely 5 stars all the way! From awesome service to mind blowing taste, we will recommend & return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014I went here for my birthday with my family. I have never been before and it was a great treat. The service was very good and the food was delicious. My boyfriend and I enjoyed the Surf and Turf for 2 which was a great entree to order to get a taste of both the seafood and steak. Charley's is a classic must-go to steakhouse. Wood burning grill is unique to Charley's and worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/20/2014good service......interesting sides......salmon was cooked to perfection (as requested!) Steak good......Special Features:
- I was expecting moreValentine2014Dined on 8/17/2014I has a business client take me here several years ago, and it was great. I finally came back to the area and took my wife. The food presentation and service was great. However, the purchased the 9174 special lobster and steak. the meal was under cooked and tough for a filet. We shared the Key ime Pie. WOW that was great… offer, was like off of the highway….. I would suggest skipping the meal and getting the Key Lime Pie and no coffee...Special Features:
- Great steak and atmosphere.BigWiggDined on 8/14/2014Old school style steak house with dark wood, low lighting. Good bar, I've enjoyed both romantic and business dinners here.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, classy restaurantdatenighthusbandDined on 8/13/2014My wife and I celebrated our 10th anniversary at Charley's International Drive. Charley's on Orange Blossom Tr. was our favorite Restaurant of all, but it has been closed down. We have gone to the I-drive location once before. The valet parker, Brandon, was a polite and personable young man. Our server, Steve, was very good: pleasant, professional, and attentive. The food was very good, too. We shared the ultimate Surf and Turf. I miss the old location; the ambience was better -seating was more romantic, lighting was better for mood, too. The I-drive location has no salad nar, either. I-drive location is much nicer. Overall, we liked this Charley's, but didn't love it. Everything was very good, just not great. would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good time at Charley's.gtcharleysDined on 8/11/2014Food and service are always great at any Charley's restaurant. Charley's is our favorite upscale restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Evening. A must !!!!FranmarDined on 8/9/2014Our first time to Orlando from the UK and Charley's International Drive was recommended for fine steaks. We booked on line and our reservation was confirmed by email. We arrived and the valet took our car and we were warmly greeted as we walked in. The service was excellent and my son had the Wagyu steak which was as described "As the best" and it didn't disappoint, it was cooked perfect. I had the pork chop which was one of the best I've ever had and my little girl had the fillet which was perfect. We had desserts creme brûlée and chocolate sponge to finish. There was so many steakhouses to choose from but I think we went to the best and would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible experienceNevergobackDined on 8/8/2014This was the worst dining experience I've had in a very long time. The price of the food for the service, the ambience, the food was ridiculous. They stuck us in the back where it was very musty. The service seemed like they could care less to handle the simplest of tasks. The bathroom was disgusting. It had water all over the sink and floor and was just very dirty. I will never go back.
- Old Time Steak House CharmOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/7/2014I felt like I was in an old-timey steak house. I loved the oldies music and quiet so you could talk ambience! Good food and time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak is great.CriticHelenDined on 8/7/2014I asked a friend to recommend a steak restaurant during our visit to Orlando. He recommended Charley's without hesitation and he was spot on. It's not cheap but with so many cheap options this was a great change. The steak was only equalled but that I had in New York and that was fantastic! My lobster bisque had two whole lobster claws in it, well the meat anyway. The style is formally casual a nice change from the remainder of Orlando. Bottom line: if you love steak and style this is the place to enjoy an evening out.Special Features:
- Great steakmlmamaDined on 8/2/2014It was as we expected … unbelievable steak, but everything else was just okay. The grouper was okay (should have been amazing for $29.95), lettuce on house salad was wilty and overdressed, and broccoli was over cooked. Bread was yummy. Our waitress was awesome.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnergoodfoodDined on 8/1/2014The escargot and the stuffed shrimp for appetizers were very good. My wife had the stone crab appetizer for dinner which had very good taste however they could have been cracked a little better to make it easier for her to eat. I had the bison bone in rib eye which was very very good. The flavor was amazing. Very nice wine list and David Cross our server was very knowledgeable and friendly. We would definitely return and would recommend this restaurant highly to other diners.Special Features:
- Family dinnerGirlzluvdirtDined on 8/1/2014They have the best bread of any nice steak house I have visited and I live on Texas . The service was awesome and we were able to get a table last minute for eight of us .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014Bartender was very friendly. Birthday specials should be available as other locations....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice adult dinner spotMomkatdocDined on 7/28/2014Great wine and single malt scotch menu. I would have given it 5 stars but my husbands filet was a little overcooked. The manager quickly took care of it. Next time in Orlando we will be going back. They do not offer a kid menuSpecial Features:
- fantastic foodkbugDined on 7/27/2014One of the best steaks I've ever had! We travel a lot and have tried many steak houses. Charlies is up there in the ranks with the best of the best. If you are a steak lover, I recommend it highly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't eat thereGreekgoddessDined on 7/26/2014This place was recommended by a friend and I'm not sure why. They quality of the food was horrible. The salad was soggy, steaks disgusting and we had a horrible waiter who didn't even try to upsell us a drink. Will not come back. We went to Capitol Grille the following night and the meal was the best dinner ever!
- TREESE1Dined on 7/23/2014This was my first visit but will not be my last. I truly enjoyed the meal. I thought I had tasted the best but I found the most Incredible Steak on this planet. I can't wait to return in October for the International Association of Chief of Police Conference, because I am coming for another GREAT Meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Birthday dinnerThreeBeesDined on 7/21/2014Charley's Steakhouse is one of the best restaurants in the area. I chose this location for my wife's birthday. I had mentioned on the reservation that it was her birthday. EVERYONE wished her a Happy Birthday as they went by our table. The GM and the Executive Chef stopped by to make sure she was having a great experience. There is no better service ANYWHERE and the food was perfect. We are fortunate enough to live close to all of the Talk of the Town restaurants, however, for anyone visiting the area, Charley's Steakhouse is a MUST for dinner. Top Shelf, from start to finish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualNader39Dined on 7/19/2014This is a must go if you love steak! Only the best of the best ingredients and top quality service. All of thier cuts of steak are delicious and the sides are very tasty and the house salad was one of the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent eatsDcshewDined on 7/17/2014I never miss Charley's when in Orlando. Food is always excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerotownrexDined on 7/16/2014We are Orlando natives and Charlie's has always been an Orlando landmark. The food, service and ambiance lived up to it's reputation. The food was outstanding and our server was very attentive. We did mention that it was our anniversary and they pulled out all the stops to make it a special night for us. A definite must go to for anyone in the Central Florida Area as a resident or a visitor.Special Features:
- Special occasion dinnerMrkrob1Dined on 7/15/2014Great experience once again Charlie's doesn't disappoint. We had a wonderful time celebrating my birthday , just the two of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't order chicken at steak houseTJW0953Dined on 7/13/2014Chicken very dry and bland. Steak was great. Very large portionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodBarOrtizDined on 7/11/2014Great Appetizers and Steak. Very good attention from waiter and staff. Will return for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak!PlinkDined on 7/7/2014Very nice, accommodating, plentiful, not cheap but not overboard either. Nice clean atmosphere. Staff was friendly. Steak was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of My favorite places to DineSteakLoverDined on 7/6/2014I have been coming to Charlie's for many years and I love the atmosphere and the Great steaks and food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretentious extravaganceWineLoverDined on 7/5/2014Charley's has a dramatic wood pit grill you see as one walks in. The furnishings are dark oak and leather. The waiters are impeccably dressed and knowledgeable about the menu. The wine list was extensive and varied. BUT the portions are offensively huge and overpriced. The steaks were well seasoned but dry. The lobster was overlooked. For that price and ambiance one expects the food to be exquisite, not just acceptable. The wine list was clearly the high point.Special Features:
- Allways great to come back!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014One of my favorites restaurants in the world! The best steackhouse! But this time the service was auful... In fact this never happened in Charlies... But it took too much time to serve and to take the dishes of the table each time we finished... But I'll hope that this wont happened again...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surf and TurfJayo63Dined on 7/3/2014My wife and I was visiting Orlando for the week and was in desperate need of some quality food and service...Charley's steakhouse was definitely the answer! We had the the bone-in ribeye and the seafood mixer with a bottle of Shiraz, it was great. The portions were huge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014The food was good. I was somewhat perplexed by how they cooked their steaks. We ordered Med and Med well and it seems like a tad closer to the next bracket tempsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialhappydinersDined on 6/26/2014The menu said the Lobster Bisque was finished tableside with sherry. The server just put the soup in front of me and walked away, I had to ask him to bring the sherry. We weren't asked to test the steak for the desired doneness when they were served. We were told the specials but not the prices and ended up with a $15.95 plate of mushrooms. Not worth it. Next time I will always ask a price for the special. It took forever for the dessert to arrive. Wasn't worth the almost $200 it cost for 2 people. Won't go back. It was a birthday celebration too so it's too bad it wasn't perfect.
- SpectacularPsPJDined on 6/20/2014One of the top notch restaurant and food experiences I've ever had - Michellin star!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad night, but good restaurantFairandBalancedDined on 6/15/2014Charley's is well known, but unfortunately we caught them on a bad night. Only one of our 3 steaks was cooked properly. One ordered medium well was delivered rare, the second ordered medium was delivered extremely rare as well. Our server never came back for almost 15 min so the offer to "cook" the steaks longer was a little late. On a positive note, the wine list is tremendous and the atmosphere is classy.Special Features:
- Our new "Go To " placebondokingDined on 6/15/2014I couldn't afford to eat here everyday, but for special occasions, I can't imagine anyplace better. Service, food, atmosphere.........Charley's has it allSpecial Features:
- Great Father's Day!ArmymomDined on 6/15/2014Charley's on I drive was a great place to go for Father's Day or any special occasion. Glad we had reservations as quite busy as expected. Pleased they sat on us in a booth as quieter atmosphere. Definitely will be back!!Special Features:
- birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014I took my husband for his birthday, and the ambience is awesome, the food is expensive but the portion size is acceptable except for the $8.95 side of mashed potatoes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSouthernfoodfanDined on 6/10/2014Disappointed in this chain. Visited fishbones in lake Mary last year and had a HORRIBLE experience, was gun shy but decided to give Charley's on I-drive a try having had great experiences previously at Charley's in Tampa. Food was not worth the price by any means. The steak was mediocre, potatoes mediocre as well. The gator tail and fried green tomatoes were the highlight. Had a watermelon margarita as well that was good, but not worth $10 really. I had called ahead a few days prior enquiring if they stocked a specific brand of beer for a birthday we were celebrating as it is the person of honor's fav, was told it was stocked, only to arrive and find out it was NOT. Service was ok not great for the non-optional gratuity.
- First Time at Charley'sApandsteakDined on 6/10/2014I recently spent 4 days in Orlando and was looking for a good if not great steakhouse. After searching Tripadvisor and making a note, I also asked a local resort worker and his first comment was, I always recommend Charley's because I never hear anything back bad about Charley's. The steak choices and quality of meat was excellent. If you are not big eaters get an appetizer, (we got the macaroni and cheese) and share it and a steak. We both got the filet and was not disappointed. Very very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.