Charley's Steak House I-DRIVE
8255 International Dr
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Charley's Steak House I-DRIVE
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.charleyssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 4073630228x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Charley's Steak House I-DRIVE
Charley's Steak House is owned by the Woodsby family and has operated in Florida since 1974. Charley’s serves only three-year-old USDA prime and choice Angus steers, aging them four to six weeks for tenderness & flavor and hand-cutting the steaks daily to ensure consistent quality. The steaks are then flame-broiled over Florida citrus and oak wood in a custom-built pit at 1200º searing in the tantalizing taste that has made Charley’s the #1 steakhouse in America every year since 2007! Charley’s philosophy of providing only the finest extends from the kitchen to the wine cellar. The wine list approaches 1000 selections from scores of exceptional wineries around the globe. Charley’s has been recognized with numerous awards including “Best of Award of Excellence” from Wine Spectator magazine, DiRōNA and Orlando Magazine’s“ Best Steak House & Best Old Favorite”. Charley’s has been creating fans from around the world for nearly 40 years. We look forward to having you become a fan soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Charley's Steak House I-DRIVE reviews from OpenTable diners
152 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (98)notable wine list (72)good for groups (64)fit for foodies (59)romantic (59)late-night find (20)hot spot (16)neighborhood gem (16)kid-friendly (15)great for outdoor dining (11)great for lunch (10)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Charley's still as good as everOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/28/2014Was in Orlando for a conference this week and took clients to Charley's. Last visit was six years ago. Fantastic steaks and service just like the last visit. The oak/citrus wood flavor is truly unique. Much better than going to a national chainSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElyseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014It was such an enjoyable experience, we will definitely return. Our server, Walter was extremely professional, knowledgeable, personable and pleasant. My husband was here a few years ago for a business trip and enjoyed it so much, that he made it a point to bring the four of us. The wine he suggested was fabulous and we will look for it again at fine wines. The food was prepared perfectly and delectable. The appetizer was a lightly fried portabella and a wonderful way to start our dining experience.Special Features:
- Out of 5 dinners, only 1 was goodKatarinaDined on 10/27/2014The steaks look great but were so tough and overly salted that we could not finish. This was very disappointing as it was a birthday dinner. Even my crab cakes tasted as though someone opened the salt shaker and just dumped!! We dined on a Monday which may be the reason why as most chefs are off on Monday but the food should still be cooked the same as when the chef is in house. The manager did credit us on our bill however, we would have much rather enjoyed our meals
- Top restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Prefect setting, good waiter, good food, good steaksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JudyDined on 10/25/2014Super steaks and sides. Great Bourbon list as well as wine. Bartender knew her stuff. wait staff very goid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry Charlie. . .FoodJunkieVIPDined on 10/25/2014We were in town for a show and had reservations for our group. When we arrived we were asked to wait while the hostess organized herself. Tired of waiting, we went to the bar and the manager found us and bought us a round of drinks and an appetizer. Nice. Went back to the hostess to be seated again and they put us in a tiny booth then moved us. Not a good impression. Waitress was not very friendly. We had such expectations because of the ratings we had seen on the restaurant. Food was just enough to call it acceptable. One visit was enough for Charley's. Orlando has so much to offer in the realm of amazing food that I will look elsewhere next time. Sorry Charlie. . .Special Features:
- Great SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014As it says on the title......Steakhouse and it certainly is, if you enjoy a good steak like I do, then this is the place. Went twice during my holidays, would have went more but got rained in from the family to try other places.Special Features:
- Great steaks!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/23/2014This is one of the best steaks I've had in a long time. The Cuts of meat and presentation was excellent. Stakes cooked over the fire have a full and smoky flavor much different than the oven broil taste you get from a place like Ruth Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, excellent serviceRtAUDined on 10/23/2014Upon being seated, the table was set, but quite poorly, eg forks at skewed angles, napkins slightly wrinkled. Assuming it had been done hastily I was worried the night's experience would be also. The table's original impression was wrong! Wonderful service, great wine, and fantastic food. We were recommended several items off the menu we wouldn't normally order and were incredibly pleased with them all! Left happy and full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakCbjnjDined on 10/22/2014We had the wagyu (spelling?) and it was great, cooked as ordered. The couple we were with got one as well along with the 8 oz filet and were happy with temperature and flavor. The sides were fantastic, we ordered the cauliflower, which was served whole and roasted, can't say enough good about that. The great was a yeast great with a onion/garlic topping and hot! The salad was the only disappointing part of the dinner, mixed greens with iceberg and way too much house dressing and very little, if any, vegetables. Our server was great, knowledgeable and had great recommendations. They were out of the dessert we ordered so they brought us the chocolate cake on the house, which was fantastic, rich, moist and not overly sweet.
- What it could have been...DissapointedDined on 10/22/2014During our visit there was a convention at the next door center and our reservation got pushed back almost an hour due to walk-ins. Also, although the food was great, we ended up being served three hours from our reservation time. We felt as if making a reservation didn't result in having a priority. It made what could have been a great experience intoa really bad one...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ordered a filet, medium rare.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Steak was a bit dry on the chewy side. My colleagues ribeye was also tough to cut and chewy -- ordered medium. To be honest, I've had better tasting filets from COSTCO for a fraction of the price. The service was also a bit slow -- not the waiters fault as he had too many tables to work. Frankly speaking, I was not impressed for my third time to Charley's and will probably think hard about going back and spending just under $400.Special Features:
- Charley's restaurantNeveeDined on 10/21/2014Extremely busy for a Tuesday night. I expect a filet to be extremely easy to cut and chew. Mine was not. Should have probably sent it back but didn't want to be ugly. Sides were generous and very good.Special Features:
- A bit loud and service so-soOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Nice 'authentic' looking steakhouse. Seafood appetizer special was pretty amazing…snow crabs, crab cakes, shrimp, etc., etc….but no one brought the 'nut cracker's' (or whatever they are called) in order to eat the crabs. PRetty messy and a poorly done presentation, although tasty. Steaks were all cooked as ordered, and very nicely seasoned. No arguments really about the food. But the noise level was a bit high and the service wasn't as good as it should have been. Yes, it was a very busy night, but it took a while for the little details to be completed: Additional wine pours, Additional cocktail orders, appropriate silverware, etc., etc..Special Features:
- We'll be back!RebelVIPDined on 10/20/2014The restaurant is beautifully appointed. Our servers were a team of 3 and made sure we had everything we needed throughout our dining experience. Everyone's meals very delicious, especially my t- bone steak. This is a great place to dine when in Orlando!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You get what you pay for......KingsDined on 10/19/2014This is not the equivalent of Chillis or Uno, this is what I would call a proper steakhouse so as you would expect the prices reflect that ($35 for 20oz ribeye) that said it was worth every cent. The preparation, taste and texture of the steaks are exquisite. Note to self: do not go straight from the parks dressed in your shorts and vest, jeans/trousers and a shirt is a little more appropriate. You can see it from international drive but it is set back a little (just behind Ripleys believe it or not).Special Features:
- DissatisfiedLovefoodinFloridaDined on 10/19/2014We had looked forward to our birthday dinner at Charley's as we had been several times before and really enjoyed the overall experience. This dining experience failed our expectations of great food and service. Our steak was not tender and our steaks were served to us 15 minutes before our sides arrived.Special Features:
- Fine Dinning at it's bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014This is a very nice upscale resturant. Fine dinning at it's bestSpecial Features:
- Loved our dining experience!DenedellDined on 10/18/2014It is a beautiful place, perfect ambiance. The service was fabulous. We are definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good.CharlesDined on 10/14/2014I did go the original restaurant. This one is not quite as good as the old one, but is still very nice. The food, steaks , were very tasty. All the side dishes were also very nice. The wine list is quite large and quite expensive. Overall a very nice evening.Special Features:
- Best Steakhouse!Wc2wDined on 10/13/2014Charley's Steakhouse in Orlando is absolutely Outstanding ... Food, Service, Ambiance. Just a terrific place to eat!Special Features:
- great placeJensDined on 10/12/2014- great service - need to make reservation (via internet) - great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FM NFRA DinnerFrankyJDined on 10/11/2014Restaurant is outdated and would not draw anyone under 40 unless they were dining with grandparents. Requested a table near the bar and got seated in a back room. Steak was great but I spend this kind of money I expect a better dining atmosphere. They could take a few hints from Flemings or the Capital Grille.
- Don't believe the hype!skiseadooDined on 10/11/2014The food is not as good as they advertise. Steaks were over cooked. They charge for refills on lemonade @ $3 a glass which is ridiculous.
- Too muchGr8grannyDined on 10/10/2014The food was very good but would have liked smaller portions. A 20oz. T-bone is way too much for a 100 lb woman to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday Celebration!gpcft1966Dined on 10/10/2014My wife and I went to Charley's to celebrate my birthday. The food, service, and ambiance made the occasion very special for both of us. It brought back wonderful memories of other occasions when we had opportunities to dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeJimWDined on 10/9/2014Much more thana steakhouse. Great food, wonderful wine list and impeccable service.Special Features:
- Might be the best steak ever hadColebabyDined on 10/7/2014Go there for the steak. The porterhouse is to die for. Very tasty, very tender. Salad was fantastic also. If you love steak, you must stop here if near OrlandoSpecial Features:
- Great evening!foxfoodieDined on 10/7/2014We had a party of 7 and we were in Orlando on business. It was a Tuesday night so it wasn't too busy, but we did make reservations. 3 of us ladies split the 20oz Fabulous Filet. Unfortunately, two of the portions (the ends) were overdone, but it still had wonderful flavor. The sides were delicious and we all split FIVE desserts that were divine! The monkey bread was amazing along with the pumpkin bread. Our service was exceptional. Walter was quick, friendly, had lots of personality, and made us feel very welcomed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really...FlingerDined on 10/6/2014Simply put, the Bone in Filet is perhaps the best steak I have ever eaten. Cooked over Citrus Oak, the flavor is stunningly perfect. Although a very generous portion, I wish it could have gone on and on. Throw in an October special of $79 for a bottle of Paradux - and, this meal becomes one of the greatest value meals of all time. I'm a Texan and we know something about good steaks. Well, Charley's can bring their restaurant to Texas anytime and we'll leave the light on for ya'll.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In a word, superbDebitmanDined on 10/5/2014I've only dined at Charley's a couple of times, since each location is far from my house, but each time has been superb. The prices, selections, portion and atmosphere are just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks a little offJoeZDined on 10/5/2014The service was great, as were the house salad and lobster bisque. The steaks had a bit of an unusual taste. Almost like they had been cooked over a gas fire. Or, the taste of residue from charcoal lighter fluid. Did not live up to past meals. We will try again in the future.Special Features:
- Great Food!ScottnWendyDined on 10/4/2014Great menu and wine list. Can't wait to go back again!!!Special Features:
- Great OverallTHGODined on 10/3/2014Knew this place would be ideal to kick off a bachelor party dinner. Everything was spot-on, exceeded my expectations and all of us left without complaint.Special Features:
- Michael was greatGValencicDined on 9/29/2014Impeccable service, Michael was knowledgeable, friendly, and witty. Food was fantastic as well!Special Features:
- Night On TownFCB7Dined on 9/27/2014Absolutely wonderful! Great service & food! We shall be back soon. Enjoyed every minute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charleys stack houseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014The service was bad The food cold The excusas were alot
- FoodNotsogoodDined on 9/27/2014Food was not good. Steak was overdone and tough. Way to expensive for the quality of foodSpecial Features:
- Wonderful dinnerKanjiDined on 9/26/2014The steak we have eaten was the greatest steak we have ever had. We live in Japan, but if we have chance to visit Orlando again, we would definitely choice your restaurant.Special Features:
- SelectionsbeststeaksatcharleysDined on 9/26/2014The selection is great on their meats. Service was excellent, thank you Francis. I had a flavorful T-bone and my wife had a great Kansas City Strip. We were celebrating our anniversary and we loved it. Totally recommend it to anyone celebrating a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.