Charley's Steak House I-DRIVE
8255 International Dr
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Charley's Steak House I-DRIVE
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.charleyssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 4073630228x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Charley's Steak House I-DRIVE
Charley's Steak House is owned by the Woodsby family and has operated in Florida since 1974. Charley’s serves only three-year-old USDA prime and choice Angus steers, aging them four to six weeks for tenderness & flavor and hand-cutting the steaks daily to ensure consistent quality. The steaks are then flame-broiled over Florida citrus and oak wood in a custom-built pit at 1200º searing in the tantalizing taste that has made Charley’s the #1 steakhouse in America every year since 2007! Charley’s philosophy of providing only the finest extends from the kitchen to the wine cellar. The wine list approaches 1000 selections from scores of exceptional wineries around the globe. Charley’s has been recognized with numerous awards including “Best of Award of Excellence” from Wine Spectator magazine, DiRōNA and Orlando Magazine’s“ Best Steak House & Best Old Favorite”. Charley’s has been creating fans from around the world for nearly 40 years. We look forward to having you become a fan soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Charley's Steak House I-DRIVE reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (75)notable wine list (49)romantic (48)good for groups (36)fit for foodies (33)neighborhood gem (11)kid-friendly (11)hot spot (8)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (6)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Love the service waiter was amazing and the manager was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Steaks & ServiceMFrancaVIPDined on 9/18/2014I am a meat aficionado and this was my first time at Charley's, which now ranks amongst my top ten.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014Fantastic experience, the best steak I've had in or around Orlando. A refreshing contrast to all the chain restaurants on I-Drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014The food is great, even their cooked term is compleatly exact. Price is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HillaryVIPDined on 9/12/2014Best steak dinner I've had in a l-o-n-g time. Waiter (Nick?) was a delight. Party name on the special's menu was a very nice touch. Phenomenal value.Special Features:
- Great food, Fair Servicelee9600Dined on 9/9/2014I've been going here for many years. Food was awesome as always. Service was lousy. Had to flag down management to get drink - which was comp'd - nice - but still not the level of service they used to have and what should have for the price of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014If you are looking for a good steak then this is definitely your place! The service is top notch and the food is just plain amazing! A bit pricey, but if you are able to splurge, this is your place!Special Features:
- Beef carpacciotheygotmeDined on 9/3/2014Charlie's has the best beef carpaccio appetizer in the world. If there was a contest for the best beef carpaccio, Charlie's would win hands down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dress codeGveraDined on 8/31/2014Lots to be desire, poeple with baseball caps, sandals and old t-shirts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014I had the 44oz Kansas City strip steak and stuffed lobster tail. This was the best tasting steak and lobster Ive ever had. This with an appetizer, side, a couple beers, cost me just over $100. It was worth much more than that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great old school styleMarcelFernandez823Dined on 8/25/2014Charley's is great, there are no other words I can use to give a better description. The service was great very attentive and courteous. The food, as always, cooked to perfection with great flavor and taste. This is the kind of place I love to take everyone I know that enjoys good food as much as I do. I've been coming here since I was a kid every time we would come to Orlando. Glad to see this place still doing the great job it has always done. Cheers.Special Features:
- Treated like a kingYoSoyFiestaVIPDined on 8/25/2014I was in Orlando for work and did not know anyone in the area, but wanted to escape my hotel for dinner. I had previously been to the Charley's in Tampa and decided on a return visit. Despite the fact that I was dining alone, I was treated with extraordinary regard from the staff with constant attention including some free bites from the kitchen. I tried their alligator appetizer, which was pretty standard for a fried appetizer. However, for my main meal, I had their Wagyu ribeye which was cooked to perfection and absolutely delicious. I had some fried green tomatoes as a side which were also terrific. I would definitely recommend the dining experience to anyone.Special Features:
- AmazeballsSheila318Dined on 8/23/2014Great overall, definitely 5 stars all the way! From awesome service to mind blowing taste, we will recommend & return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Birthday Dinnermtn32714Dined on 8/22/2014I went here for my birthday with my family. I have never been before and it was a great treat. The service was very good and the food was delicious. My boyfriend and I enjoyed the Surf and Turf for 2 which was a great entree to order to get a taste of both the seafood and steak. Charley's is a classic must-go to steakhouse. Wood burning grill is unique to Charley's and worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/20/2014good service......interesting sides......salmon was cooked to perfection (as requested!) Steak good......Special Features:
- I was expecting moreValentine2014Dined on 8/17/2014I has a business client take me here several years ago, and it was great. I finally came back to the area and took my wife. The food presentation and service was great. However, the purchased the 9174 special lobster and steak. the meal was under cooked and tough for a filet. We shared the Key ime Pie. WOW that was great… offer, was like off of the highway….. I would suggest skipping the meal and getting the Key Lime Pie and no coffee...Special Features:
- Great steak and atmosphere.BigWiggDined on 8/14/2014Old school style steak house with dark wood, low lighting. Good bar, I've enjoyed both romantic and business dinners here.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, classy restaurantdatenighthusbandDined on 8/13/2014My wife and I celebrated our 10th anniversary at Charley's International Drive. Charley's on Orange Blossom Tr. was our favorite Restaurant of all, but it has been closed down. We have gone to the I-drive location once before. The valet parker, Brandon, was a polite and personable young man. Our server, Steve, was very good: pleasant, professional, and attentive. The food was very good, too. We shared the ultimate Surf and Turf. I miss the old location; the ambience was better -seating was more romantic, lighting was better for mood, too. The I-drive location has no salad nar, either. I-drive location is much nicer. Overall, we liked this Charley's, but didn't love it. Everything was very good, just not great. would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good time at Charley's.gtcharleysDined on 8/11/2014Food and service are always great at any Charley's restaurant. Charley's is our favorite upscale restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Evening. A must !!!!FranmarDined on 8/9/2014Our first time to Orlando from the UK and Charley's International Drive was recommended for fine steaks. We booked on line and our reservation was confirmed by email. We arrived and the valet took our car and we were warmly greeted as we walked in. The service was excellent and my son had the Wagyu steak which was as described "As the best" and it didn't disappoint, it was cooked perfect. I had the pork chop which was one of the best I've ever had and my little girl had the fillet which was perfect. We had desserts creme brûlée and chocolate sponge to finish. There was so many steakhouses to choose from but I think we went to the best and would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible experienceNevergobackDined on 8/8/2014This was the worst dining experience I've had in a very long time. The price of the food for the service, the ambience, the food was ridiculous. They stuck us in the back where it was very musty. The service seemed like they could care less to handle the simplest of tasks. The bathroom was disgusting. It had water all over the sink and floor and was just very dirty. I will never go back.
- Old Time Steak House CharmOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/7/2014I felt like I was in an old-timey steak house. I loved the oldies music and quiet so you could talk ambience! Good food and time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak is great.CriticHelenDined on 8/7/2014I asked a friend to recommend a steak restaurant during our visit to Orlando. He recommended Charley's without hesitation and he was spot on. It's not cheap but with so many cheap options this was a great change. The steak was only equalled but that I had in New York and that was fantastic! My lobster bisque had two whole lobster claws in it, well the meat anyway. The style is formally casual a nice change from the remainder of Orlando. Bottom line: if you love steak and style this is the place to enjoy an evening out.Special Features:
- Great steakmlmamaDined on 8/2/2014It was as we expected … unbelievable steak, but everything else was just okay. The grouper was okay (should have been amazing for $29.95), lettuce on house salad was wilty and overdressed, and broccoli was over cooked. Bread was yummy. Our waitress was awesome.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnergoodfoodDined on 8/1/2014The escargot and the stuffed shrimp for appetizers were very good. My wife had the stone crab appetizer for dinner which had very good taste however they could have been cracked a little better to make it easier for her to eat. I had the bison bone in rib eye which was very very good. The flavor was amazing. Very nice wine list and David Cross our server was very knowledgeable and friendly. We would definitely return and would recommend this restaurant highly to other diners.Special Features:
- Family dinnerGirlzluvdirtDined on 8/1/2014They have the best bread of any nice steak house I have visited and I live on Texas . The service was awesome and we were able to get a table last minute for eight of us .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014Bartender was very friendly. Birthday specials should be available as other locations....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice adult dinner spotMomkatdocDined on 7/28/2014Great wine and single malt scotch menu. I would have given it 5 stars but my husbands filet was a little overcooked. The manager quickly took care of it. Next time in Orlando we will be going back. They do not offer a kid menuSpecial Features:
- fantastic foodkbugDined on 7/27/2014One of the best steaks I've ever had! We travel a lot and have tried many steak houses. Charlies is up there in the ranks with the best of the best. If you are a steak lover, I recommend it highly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't eat thereGreekgoddessDined on 7/26/2014This place was recommended by a friend and I'm not sure why. They quality of the food was horrible. The salad was soggy, steaks disgusting and we had a horrible waiter who didn't even try to upsell us a drink. Will not come back. We went to Capitol Grille the following night and the meal was the best dinner ever!
- TREESE1Dined on 7/23/2014This was my first visit but will not be my last. I truly enjoyed the meal. I thought I had tasted the best but I found the most Incredible Steak on this planet. I can't wait to return in October for the International Association of Chief of Police Conference, because I am coming for another GREAT Meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Birthday dinnerThreeBeesDined on 7/21/2014Charley's Steakhouse is one of the best restaurants in the area. I chose this location for my wife's birthday. I had mentioned on the reservation that it was her birthday. EVERYONE wished her a Happy Birthday as they went by our table. The GM and the Executive Chef stopped by to make sure she was having a great experience. There is no better service ANYWHERE and the food was perfect. We are fortunate enough to live close to all of the Talk of the Town restaurants, however, for anyone visiting the area, Charley's Steakhouse is a MUST for dinner. Top Shelf, from start to finish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualNader39Dined on 7/19/2014This is a must go if you love steak! Only the best of the best ingredients and top quality service. All of thier cuts of steak are delicious and the sides are very tasty and the house salad was one of the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent eatsDcshewDined on 7/17/2014I never miss Charley's when in Orlando. Food is always excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerotownrexDined on 7/16/2014We are Orlando natives and Charlie's has always been an Orlando landmark. The food, service and ambiance lived up to it's reputation. The food was outstanding and our server was very attentive. We did mention that it was our anniversary and they pulled out all the stops to make it a special night for us. A definite must go to for anyone in the Central Florida Area as a resident or a visitor.Special Features:
- Special occasion dinnerMrkrob1Dined on 7/15/2014Great experience once again Charlie's doesn't disappoint. We had a wonderful time celebrating my birthday , just the two of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't order chicken at steak houseTJW0953Dined on 7/13/2014Chicken very dry and bland. Steak was great. Very large portionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodBarOrtizDined on 7/11/2014Great Appetizers and Steak. Very good attention from waiter and staff. Will return for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak!PlinkDined on 7/7/2014Very nice, accommodating, plentiful, not cheap but not overboard either. Nice clean atmosphere. Staff was friendly. Steak was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of My favorite places to DineSteakLoverDined on 7/6/2014I have been coming to Charlie's for many years and I love the atmosphere and the Great steaks and food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.