Charley's Steak House I-DRIVE
8255 International Dr
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Charley's Steak House I-DRIVE
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.charleyssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (407) 363-0228
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Charley's Steak House I-DRIVE
Charley's Steak House is owned by the Woodsby family and has operated in Florida since 1974. Charley’s serves only three-year-old USDA prime and choice Angus steers, aging them four to six weeks for tenderness & flavor and hand-cutting the steaks daily to ensure consistent quality. The steaks are then flame-broiled over Florida citrus and oak wood in a custom-built pit at 1200º searing in the tantalizing taste that has made Charley’s the #1 steakhouse in America every year since 2007! Charley’s philosophy of providing only the finest extends from the kitchen to the wine cellar. The wine list approaches 1000 selections from scores of exceptional wineries around the globe. Charley’s has been recognized with numerous awards including “Best of Award of Excellence” from Wine Spectator magazine, DiRōNA and Orlando Magazine’s“ Best Steak House & Best Old Favorite”. Charley’s has been creating fans from around the world for nearly 40 years. We look forward to having you become a fan soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Charley's Steak House I-DRIVE reviews from OpenTable diners
169 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (107)notable wine list (80)good for groups (72)romantic (65)fit for foodies (65)late-night find (20)neighborhood gem (18)hot spot (18)kid-friendly (11)great for outdoor dining (9)great for lunch (9)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Fine steak diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014Decided on Charley's as a choice for a fine steak dinner. Ended up with the surprise, Bison. You don't see it very often in the menu. Breaking the meal down; Salad Buffalo was a fine cut and prepared perfectly as requested. The portions left no room for dessert but I am sure they match the dinner quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charley's was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014The servers were excellent, polite and courteous, the steaks were also Devine, just needed to send back wasn't quite cook to my liking, but they got it right, and save the night. Thank you again will definitely recommend more customers your way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magnificent steakHungryBearDined on 11/13/2014The aged steaks are top notch and well worth their price. The wine list is extensive and refined, with options to fit any dining budget. The atmosphere is classic steak house, and servers are attentive, friendly, and knowledgeable. I wouldn't classify this place as kid-friendly, but it is great place to wow a client, girlfriend, etc. Bottom line: prices are up there, but you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well DoneFloridaTravelerDined on 11/11/2014Steak was overdone but was taken care of immediately.Special Features:
- Not the sameKND221VIPDined on 11/9/2014My family has loved Charley's for over 15 years and always made it a point to visit when in Orlando. It used to be the juiciest and most tender steak I have ever put in my mouth, but the past two times we have visited (2012 and this past weekend) it just wasn't the same place we used to love. Steaks were not good and two out of the four were under cooked so they took back to cook more but when you do that it just never tastes the same. The $150 bottle of wine was warmer than room temp and the service was okay. Sad to say we won't be going back which makes me sad because it used to be something we looked forward to on our trips to Orlando.
- Family DinnerCousinsDined on 11/8/2014Everything was wonderful at Charley's. The staff was very helpful and somewhat attentive. The only complaint is that the staff did not check on our drink status for refills. Other than that, everything else was excellentSpecial Features:
- Excellent food and serviceanniversaryfavDined on 11/8/2014We chose this restaurant for our anniversary dinner while we were in Orlando. The service was top-notch and the food was amazing! We started off with Stone crab legs as an appetizer as they were in season. They were cooked perfectly and well worth the price! The steaks were cooked exactly as requestedand were extremely tasty. Our experience overall was top-tier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night.whitheadDined on 11/4/2014Our party of 10 was seated right at our reservation time and proceeded to annihilate the menu from appetizers through dessert. Aside from a slight lull in service between dinner and dessert, everything was top notch. The food was generous in portion size and incredible to taste and was complimented nicely by most of the side dishes that were available. The servers knew their stuff and made recommendations where and when needed. It is a pricey menu so if you are afraid of $100+ per head this is not for you, but if you want some of the best cuts of meat you can find and an all around great meal and experience this is your place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service great. Food OkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014Our service was great, the server was very attentive and catered to us exceptionally. However, we ordered the most expensive steak (Wagu) on the menu and it definitely did not taste good. It was Overly smoked, definitely not medium (as ordered)... more like Medium Well or Well. We were able to exchange the steak for a different cut but at that time the guest (who was celebrating his birthday) no longer had an appetite.Special Features:
- Exceptional food and service.VeryPleasedDined on 11/3/2014We were in Florida for a conference and this restaurant was recommended by our hotel to our group. The food and service were exceptional. I would highly recommend Charley's to anyone interested. We will be back next year.Special Features:
- Best Steak of my lifeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014This 22 oz. ribeye was gone in a flash. The flavor was incredible and cooked to perfection. Very highly recommend this place if you like steak. Everything else was really good as well. Sea-salt-crusted baked potato and olive salad.Special Features:
- Great steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The entree and sides were outstanding, salads could have been better. It looked like iceburg lettuce to me And could have been of a better quality. Also and better variety of breads could be served with salads.Special Features:
- Filet Had Weird TasteTurnberryGirl3VIPDined on 10/30/2014My husband liked his steak entree (I don't remember the type), but my filet mignon had a weird taste which I think was attributed to the cooking method. I should have returned it, but it started out ok and got progressively worse. Nevertheless, I don't want to go back as it left a bad taste in my mouth. We were there on a weeknight and the place was almost empty.
- Charley's still as good as everscrapguyDined on 10/28/2014Was in Orlando for a conference this week and took clients to Charley's. Last visit was six years ago. Fantastic steaks and service just like the last visit. The oak/citrus wood flavor is truly unique. Much better than going to a national chainSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElyseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014It was such an enjoyable experience, we will definitely return. Our server, Walter was extremely professional, knowledgeable, personable and pleasant. My husband was here a few years ago for a business trip and enjoyed it so much, that he made it a point to bring the four of us. The wine he suggested was fabulous and we will look for it again at fine wines. The food was prepared perfectly and delectable. The appetizer was a lightly fried portabella and a wonderful way to start our dining experience.Special Features:
- Out of 5 dinners, only 1 was goodKatarinaDined on 10/27/2014The steaks look great but were so tough and overly salted that we could not finish. This was very disappointing as it was a birthday dinner. Even my crab cakes tasted as though someone opened the salt shaker and just dumped!! We dined on a Monday which may be the reason why as most chefs are off on Monday but the food should still be cooked the same as when the chef is in house. The manager did credit us on our bill however, we would have much rather enjoyed our meals
- Top restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Prefect setting, good waiter, good food, good steaksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JudyDined on 10/25/2014Super steaks and sides. Great Bourbon list as well as wine. Bartender knew her stuff. wait staff very goid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry Charlie. . .FoodJunkieVIPDined on 10/25/2014We were in town for a show and had reservations for our group. When we arrived we were asked to wait while the hostess organized herself. Tired of waiting, we went to the bar and the manager found us and bought us a round of drinks and an appetizer. Nice. Went back to the hostess to be seated again and they put us in a tiny booth then moved us. Not a good impression. Waitress was not very friendly. We had such expectations because of the ratings we had seen on the restaurant. Food was just enough to call it acceptable. One visit was enough for Charley's. Orlando has so much to offer in the realm of amazing food that I will look elsewhere next time. Sorry Charlie. . .Special Features:
- Great SteaksFendo64Dined on 10/24/2014As it says on the title......Steakhouse and it certainly is, if you enjoy a good steak like I do, then this is the place. Went twice during my holidays, would have went more but got rained in from the family to try other places.Special Features:
- Great steaks!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/23/2014This is one of the best steaks I've had in a long time. The Cuts of meat and presentation was excellent. Stakes cooked over the fire have a full and smoky flavor much different than the oven broil taste you get from a place like Ruth Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, excellent serviceRtAUDined on 10/23/2014Upon being seated, the table was set, but quite poorly, eg forks at skewed angles, napkins slightly wrinkled. Assuming it had been done hastily I was worried the night's experience would be also. The table's original impression was wrong! Wonderful service, great wine, and fantastic food. We were recommended several items off the menu we wouldn't normally order and were incredibly pleased with them all! Left happy and full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakCbjnjDined on 10/22/2014We had the wagyu (spelling?) and it was great, cooked as ordered. The couple we were with got one as well along with the 8 oz filet and were happy with temperature and flavor. The sides were fantastic, we ordered the cauliflower, which was served whole and roasted, can't say enough good about that. The great was a yeast great with a onion/garlic topping and hot! The salad was the only disappointing part of the dinner, mixed greens with iceberg and way too much house dressing and very little, if any, vegetables. Our server was great, knowledgeable and had great recommendations. They were out of the dessert we ordered so they brought us the chocolate cake on the house, which was fantastic, rich, moist and not overly sweet.
- What it could have been...DissapointedDined on 10/22/2014During our visit there was a convention at the next door center and our reservation got pushed back almost an hour due to walk-ins. Also, although the food was great, we ended up being served three hours from our reservation time. We felt as if making a reservation didn't result in having a priority. It made what could have been a great experience intoa really bad one...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ordered a filet, medium rare.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Steak was a bit dry on the chewy side. My colleagues ribeye was also tough to cut and chewy -- ordered medium. To be honest, I've had better tasting filets from COSTCO for a fraction of the price. The service was also a bit slow -- not the waiters fault as he had too many tables to work. Frankly speaking, I was not impressed for my third time to Charley's and will probably think hard about going back and spending just under $400.Special Features:
- Charley's restaurantNeveeDined on 10/21/2014Extremely busy for a Tuesday night. I expect a filet to be extremely easy to cut and chew. Mine was not. Should have probably sent it back but didn't want to be ugly. Sides were generous and very good.Special Features:
- A bit loud and service so-soOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Nice 'authentic' looking steakhouse. Seafood appetizer special was pretty amazing…snow crabs, crab cakes, shrimp, etc., etc….but no one brought the 'nut cracker's' (or whatever they are called) in order to eat the crabs. PRetty messy and a poorly done presentation, although tasty. Steaks were all cooked as ordered, and very nicely seasoned. No arguments really about the food. But the noise level was a bit high and the service wasn't as good as it should have been. Yes, it was a very busy night, but it took a while for the little details to be completed: Additional wine pours, Additional cocktail orders, appropriate silverware, etc., etc..Special Features:
- We'll be back!RebelVIPDined on 10/20/2014The restaurant is beautifully appointed. Our servers were a team of 3 and made sure we had everything we needed throughout our dining experience. Everyone's meals very delicious, especially my t- bone steak. This is a great place to dine when in Orlando!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You get what you pay for......KingsDined on 10/19/2014This is not the equivalent of Chillis or Uno, this is what I would call a proper steakhouse so as you would expect the prices reflect that ($35 for 20oz ribeye) that said it was worth every cent. The preparation, taste and texture of the steaks are exquisite. Note to self: do not go straight from the parks dressed in your shorts and vest, jeans/trousers and a shirt is a little more appropriate. You can see it from international drive but it is set back a little (just behind Ripleys believe it or not).Special Features:
- DissatisfiedLovefoodinFloridaDined on 10/19/2014We had looked forward to our birthday dinner at Charley's as we had been several times before and really enjoyed the overall experience. This dining experience failed our expectations of great food and service. Our steak was not tender and our steaks were served to us 15 minutes before our sides arrived.Special Features:
- Fine Dinning at it's bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014This is a very nice upscale resturant. Fine dinning at it's bestSpecial Features:
- Loved our dining experience!DenedellDined on 10/18/2014It is a beautiful place, perfect ambiance. The service was fabulous. We are definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good.CharlesDined on 10/14/2014I did go the original restaurant. This one is not quite as good as the old one, but is still very nice. The food, steaks , were very tasty. All the side dishes were also very nice. The wine list is quite large and quite expensive. Overall a very nice evening.Special Features:
- Best Steakhouse!Wc2wDined on 10/13/2014Charley's Steakhouse in Orlando is absolutely Outstanding ... Food, Service, Ambiance. Just a terrific place to eat!Special Features:
- great placeJensDined on 10/12/2014- great service - need to make reservation (via internet) - great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FM NFRA DinnerFrankyJDined on 10/11/2014Restaurant is outdated and would not draw anyone under 40 unless they were dining with grandparents. Requested a table near the bar and got seated in a back room. Steak was great but I spend this kind of money I expect a better dining atmosphere. They could take a few hints from Flemings or the Capital Grille.
- Don't believe the hype!skiseadooDined on 10/11/2014The food is not as good as they advertise. Steaks were over cooked. They charge for refills on lemonade @ $3 a glass which is ridiculous.
- Too muchGr8grannyVIPDined on 10/10/2014The food was very good but would have liked smaller portions. A 20oz. T-bone is way too much for a 100 lb woman to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday Celebration!gpcft1966Dined on 10/10/2014My wife and I went to Charley's to celebrate my birthday. The food, service, and ambiance made the occasion very special for both of us. It brought back wonderful memories of other occasions when we had opportunities to dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeJimWDined on 10/9/2014Much more thana steakhouse. Great food, wonderful wine list and impeccable service.Special Features: