Charley's Steak House and Seafood Grille - Kissimmee, FL
2901 Parkway Boulevard
Kissimmee, FL 34747Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Charley's Steak House and Seafood Grille - Kissimmee, FL
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.charleyssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 4072391270x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
A word from Charley's Steak House and Seafood Grille - Kissimmee, FL
Charley's Steak House is owned by the Woodsby family and has operated in Florida since 1974. Charley’s serves only three-year-old USDA prime and choice Angus steers, aging them four to six weeks for tenderness & flavor and hand-cutting the steaks daily to ensure consistent quality. The steaks are then flame-broiled over Florida citrus and oak wood in a custom-built pit at 1200º searing in the tantalizing taste that has made Charley’s the #1 steakhouse in America every year since 2007! Charley’s philosophy of providing only the finest extends from the kitchen to the wine cellar. The wine list approaches 500 selections from scores of exceptional wineries around the globe. Charley’s has been recognized with numerous awards including “Best of Award of Excellence” from Wine Spectator magazine, DiRōNA and Orlando Magazine’s“ Best Steak House & Best Old Favorite”. Charley’s has been creating fans from around the world for nearly 40 years. We look forward to having you become a fan soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Charley's Steak House and Seafood Grille - Kissimmee, FL - Best Restaurants in Celebration ›
Charley's Steak House and Seafood Grille - Kissimmee, FL reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (57)notable wine list (41)romantic (36)fit for foodies (29)good for groups (28)neighborhood gem (15)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (8)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- even though it still was a winnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014my wife and i went to Charley's just 3 days ago (10/21/14). it was a Tuesday the staff was over run obviously they had a thin crew on; not expecting a full house. Our waitress had 4 or 5 tables and was definitely spaced out. I'm not sure if she ever checked in on us. The rest of the staff going by stepped up and made sure we had a great meal & service. The kitchen put out all amazing food. We order a 20 oz filet to split this maybe one of the most difficult pieces of meat to cook. Perfection!! all the food was amazing. one of the off duty bartenders took care of us said she wanted to make sure we had a great meal. I guess the only person unaware of this was our waitress bent over the other tables for tips.Only server in a microskirtSpecial Features:
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014we went for a special dinner for a family members birthday. Only six in our party. The food and drinks were amazing. But the service was only average. We had to ask for things like the bread basket that never came to the table. Little things that shouldn't have been ignored considering the price of the dinner. The food though was amazing! I have an 18oz bone in fillet and it was like butter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2014Steak was outstanding, however, I had wished that I knew it would be pre-seasoned as I found the meat to be overly salty. Will need to remember to ask for the steak not seasoned next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingyuckDined on 10/10/2014it was my daughter's 30th birthday. reservation was for 8pm. the reso was made through open table and they seemed confused and asked our name several times. we were told our table would be ready shortly - were finally seated at 8:20! the amazing thing was we were in an empty section where there were at least 5 tables for 4 unoccupied. we were sat well away from the rest of the diners squeezed into a place where there was a service table - very curious. service was friendly but very slow. appetizers were lukewarm. we asked if we could substitute potatoes & veggies for the starter salad and told yes. the potatoes & veggies came 25 minutes before the meat - AND we were charged for them! no birthday recognition.Special Features:
- Meat OnlyJCaptainDined on 10/8/2014Went 2 times in the week I was in Orlando Monday niight they "butchered" the lobster tails. Very expensive "rubber" to eat. The second time with a second group it was much better. They were quite accommodating when we wanted to share the Wagu beef, salads, etc. No seafood was ordered (It is a steak place after all). Recommended a very good Malbec at a reasonable price. Steaks were great. So maybe the best cooks aren't there on Monday nights. They do need a night off.Special Features:
- Mediocre foodms63ctDined on 10/7/2014For the same money or close - Morton's is a better choice.Special Features:
- It Was SatisfactoryOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/7/2014Service was inattentive initially, so much so that the floor manager felt it necessary to comp our cocktails. The waiter seemed a bit mystified. Filet was fine, bone-in ribeye not so much. First lobster tail arrived under-cooked, 2nd one was fine. $195 including tip for 2.Special Features:
- Charley's Steak HouseForkbeardDined on 10/3/2014The food was good, if a little too much. Less is often more as they say. The biggest problem was how pushy the staff were. A little bit of selling is understandable, but this place went too far in that regard. The techniques employed to sell the wine for instance was similar to a cold call door to door salesman. It was not a pleasant experience, and saying no required a lot more force that I was comfortable with.
- The Best in the USA!UKFamilyDined on 10/3/2014We recently dined at Charley's on the 192, as a party of 10, varied ages. Food was excellent, service was exceptional, thank you Rachel & John. We tried the Surf & Turf which was fabulous, both meats cooked to perfection. The rest of the party had different meals, everyone really enjoyed their food. We have been visiting this restaurant chain since 1992 and the standards have never dropped, it's no surprise that they win so many well deserved awards. The best steakhouse in America! Thank you & see you again soon!Special Features:
- Great DinnerMeatLoverDined on 9/24/2014Went to Charley's for my birthday last week. We had a great dinner -- excellent, juicy steaks, hot sides and fantastic desserts. The NY style cheesecake was the best my husband has had at a restaurant (almost as good as mine). Wait staff was very attentive to all the tables near us, but everyone stopped to wish me a Happy Birthday - at least there was no embarrassing singing. The background music of standards was just that -- in the background so it was no hindrance to talking. The recommended bacon wrapped scallop appetizer was also exceptional if you like LARGE scallops.Special Features:
- Is There Any Other Steakhouse????Rich3261Dined on 9/20/2014I was told about Charley's by a co-worker in 1988. I have visited all of them. I live in West Palm Beach, Fl and come to Charley's several times a year. This was for my anniversary and I took two friends who never been. All I can say is they were very impressed with the food and are now hooked. A+++++++++++.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good steak!IlikesteakDined on 9/18/2014Charley's is a must anytime I am in Orlando. I've never had a bad steak here and the service is always excellent. This was the first time I brought my kids here and I was very impressed by how well they were treated by the staff.Special Features:
- 20 plus times at Charley'sCoopVIPDined on 9/15/2014Great steak as always !!!!!!!!!!! Waitress messed up are salad order but heck it happens ......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalCallusDennysDined on 9/14/2014After an experience not worth mentioning at the Lakeland Texas Cattle Company (A dressed up Denny's) it was apparent it was worth a ride for our next celebration. To be short & to the point, Charlie's exceeded expectations on every level. We arrived at the time of the reservation and seated immediately (Lkld Tx Cattle makes you wait). The wait staff seems to be matched to the quest because "Chad" was superb. The steaks cooked perfectly. I could go on but some of your visit should be a pleasant surprise. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was unbelievableCarrieGDined on 9/13/2014Our waiter Owen was AMAZING!!! And made our night very special. The steaks were fantastic, the manager was very attentive. Excellent experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014We found Charley's by accident about 10 years ago. After arriving at a different restaurant that had been recommended, we took one look at it and decided it was not the place for us. Our son said he had seen a steakhouse down the road and we ended up at Charley's! Now, we try to visit whenever we are in the Orlando area. Always great food and service. Our most recent visit did not disappoint! The manager made a special point to greet us at our table. Server was personable and attentive. Prices are in line for the quality of food served. It is a special treat for our family to go there. Looking forward to our next visit. Try the lobster bisque!Special Features:
- DandJDined on 8/30/2014Escargot was awesome. Kobe Rib Eye on the bone from Greg Norman's ranch in Australia was to die for. It literally melted in your mouth. And the Cheesecake for dessert put us right over the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Total disappointmentJeffmDined on 8/29/2014I don't know how this restaurant has good reviews, total disappointment.
- Love Charley'sPGVFoodiesDined on 8/24/2014The food and service is always amazing! Thank you an amazing dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not worth the moneyAnonymousDined on 8/24/2014No better than Outback but more than double the price. I was not impressed. Overpriced. Ordered a filet mignon and I think Igot a small sirloin instead. Seasoning and flavor was ok, nothing special. Don't waste your money...
- AmazingDined on 8/21/2014Food was wonderful and they were particularly adept at dealing with food allergies which two of our table needed.Special Features:
- great special occasiongoodeatsDined on 8/17/2014Had the pleasure of dining at Charley's for my fiancé’s birthday. My future mother in law was in town and this is my go to place when I want a really special dinner. The service is always impeccable and this occasion was no different. The food is fabulous. Love this place.Special Features:
- Mr. FedorThePerfectSteakDined on 8/16/2014Steaks were out of this world and the presentation of the available steaks by the wait staff was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HORRIBLE!sikndDined on 8/14/2014What a nightmare! We went there for the first time to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We ordered the surf and turf for two. We ended up with the toughest lobster tail we ever had and the poorest excuse for a steak. Nowhere on the menu did it say that we were going to have s take that was drenched in liquid smoke. They took what was supposed to be a fine cut of meat, drenched it in liquid smoke and smoked it in a smoker. It tasted and smelled disgusting. I have never heard of anyone smoking meat to the point that it tasted like a $50 piece of beef jerkey! Not much more to say about a terrible experience. I gag just thinking about it. We will never go back.
- Great end to out VacationDman01880Dined on 8/14/2014Went to Charley's the last night of our family vacation to Florida. there are not enough words to say how pleased we were with this place. Appetizers (scallops, tuna and lobster bisque) very tasty. The Steaks cooked perfectly and delicious. At first i thought 22oz. steak? but I could eat it all day!! Chocolate lava and cheese cake kept the family smiling right through desert as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unremarkable and forgetabledisappointingDined on 8/14/2014we are experienced fine diners and are able to appreciate great food and wine. We do not mind paying top $ for good service, wine and food. This experience was disappointing all fronts. will not return.
- Great experienceGreatExperienceDined on 8/13/2014Went for dinner to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Food was great and Adam our waiter was fantastic. He went out of his way to ensure we had a great experience for our anniversary. Glasses always stayed full, and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversarynicoleDined on 8/2/2014Was a memorable experience ..great food loved the lobster tail very tender and juicySpecial Features:
- great foodkansasfoodieDined on 8/1/2014My fiance and I came here for our 4 year dating anniversary. I knew to expect high prices but was still a little surprised. The service was great we were seated promptly and never had to wait long for our waiter. The filet was delicious, my only complaint is that all sides are ala carte, so you are paying between 30-60 dollars for a steak then a minimum of 5-15 dollars for a side dish. Other than that they had a good bar selection, huge wine selection if you are into that. Definitely not a place I would go regularly but great for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced - UnexceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014We were very disappointed here. Prices are outrageous for what you get. Appetizers were OK. Dinner entrée was ok. No alcohol served, one person in party was 11, and bill without tip was $230 dollars. NEVER again.
- Outstanding Steak HousenewflfoodieDined on 7/26/2014If you enjoy a tender, flavorful steak grilled over citrus wood, try Charley's Steak House. Delicious steak, impressive wine list and memorable evening.Special Features:
- OutstandingTraceDined on 7/24/2014Great wine/champagne , fantastic service and outstanding steaks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a 5BeachClubBumVIPDined on 7/21/2014The food is always excellent. The service staff is always there checking on you, but not overbearing or interrupting your conversation.Special Features:
- great anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014My husband and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary at Charleys . Great food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slightly worse than last timeJuly2014Dined on 7/18/2014I really enjoyed my dinner last year in Charley's, however this visit didn't really meet our expectations. Meat was overcooked and waitress was rushing us even if restaurant was half empty. I will give a Charley's one more chance as the other visit was top notch.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceBirthday47Dined on 7/16/2014We have been coming to Charley's for the past 7 years to celebrate a family member's birthday. From our last visit to the visit this past week, the level of service has drastically changed. The lack of attentiveness and interaction with the server were definitely missing. To be honest, we received better service from the gentleman that refreshed our drinks and removed our dishes.Special Features:
- Such a Fantastic PlaceChefDavidDined on 7/11/2014This place is hands down my favorite steak house in Orlando. They are service driven with great quality products. I will admit that the portion sizes are a little over the top as are all of the others that are in this category, however, they have no problems splitting an entrée and serving it up table side. Their wine stock is impressive and reasonably priced. On this night, I dined with a business friend and requested a quiet table. That wish was granted and the evening started well. For an appetizer, you cannot beat the portabella mushroom sticks with gorgonzola cheese dip. We split a rib eye which is served cowboy style. The waiter did the split at the table and we also shared broccoli and garlic redskins. Overall, a great meal!Special Features:
- Very expensive and medium quality.LeginDined on 7/6/2014A crab starter had not been cracked and had to be sent back. The salmon had been baked too dry. Very expensive for the quality of food.
- Nothing short of amazingshutsy0514Dined on 7/2/2014This is our third time going to Charley's. We have been to both locations and can't say enough good things. Giving it 5 stars is a serious understatement. The staff makes you feel like you are the only ones in the restaurant. I can't wait for our next trip back to Florida (from Massachusetts) to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great with great serviceBennycampDined on 6/29/2014First time at this restaurant and I would recommend it when you are in the area. The steaks were cooked to perfection. They were very accommodating to the children. Service and wine list was excellentSpecial Features: