Charley's Steak House and Seafood Grille - Kissimmee, FL
2901 Parkway Boulevard
Kissimmee, FL 34747Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Charley's Steak House and Seafood Grille - Kissimmee, FL
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.charleyssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 4072391270
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
A word from Charley's Steak House and Seafood Grille - Kissimmee, FL
Charley's Steak House is owned by the Woodsby family and has operated in Florida since 1974. Charley’s serves only three-year-old USDA prime and choice Angus steers, aging them four to six weeks for tenderness & flavor and hand-cutting the steaks daily to ensure consistent quality. The steaks are then flame-broiled over Florida citrus and oak wood in a custom-built pit at 1200º searing in the tantalizing taste that has made Charley’s the #1 steakhouse in America every year since 2007! Charley’s philosophy of providing only the finest extends from the kitchen to the wine cellar. The wine list approaches 500 selections from scores of exceptional wineries around the globe. Charley’s has been recognized with numerous awards including “Best of Award of Excellence” from Wine Spectator magazine, DiRōNA and Orlando Magazine’s“ Best Steak House & Best Old Favorite”. Charley’s has been creating fans from around the world for nearly 40 years. We look forward to having you become a fan soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Charley's Steak House and Seafood Grille - Kissimmee, FL - Best Restaurants in Celebration ›
Charley's Steak House and Seafood Grille - Kissimmee, FL reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (71)romantic (49)notable wine list (42)fit for foodies (35)good for groups (32)neighborhood gem (16)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- ExceptionalCallusDennysDined on 9/14/2014After an experience not worth mentioning at the Lakeland Texas Cattle Company (A dressed up Denny's) it was apparent it was worth a ride for our next celebration. To be short & to the point, Charlie's exceeded expectations on every level. We arrived at the time of the reservation and seated immediately (Lkld Tx Cattle makes you wait). The wait staff seems to be matched to the quest because "Chad" was superb. The steaks cooked perfectly. I could go on but some of your visit should be a pleasant surprise. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was unbelievableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Our waiter Owen was AMAZING!!! And made our night very special. The steaks were fantastic, the manager was very attentive. Excellent experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014We found Charley's by accident about 10 years ago. After arriving at a different restaurant that had been recommended, we took one look at it and decided it was not the place for us. Our son said he had seen a steakhouse down the road and we ended up at Charley's! Now, we try to visit whenever we are in the Orlando area. Always great food and service. Our most recent visit did not disappoint! The manager made a special point to greet us at our table. Server was personable and attentive. Prices are in line for the quality of food served. It is a special treat for our family to go there. Looking forward to our next visit. Try the lobster bisque!Special Features:
- DandJDined on 8/30/2014Escargot was awesome. Kobe Rib Eye on the bone from Greg Norman's ranch in Australia was to die for. It literally melted in your mouth. And the Cheesecake for dessert put us right over the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Total disappointmentJeffmDined on 8/29/2014I don't know how this restaurant has good reviews, total disappointment.
- Love Charley'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014The food and service is always amazing! Thank you an amazing dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not worth the moneyAnonymousDined on 8/24/2014No better than Outback but more than double the price. I was not impressed. Overpriced. Ordered a filet mignon and I think Igot a small sirloin instead. Seasoning and flavor was ok, nothing special. Don't waste your money...
- AmazingDined on 8/21/2014Food was wonderful and they were particularly adept at dealing with food allergies which two of our table needed.Special Features:
- great special occasiongoodeatsDined on 8/17/2014Had the pleasure of dining at Charley's for my fiancé’s birthday. My future mother in law was in town and this is my go to place when I want a really special dinner. The service is always impeccable and this occasion was no different. The food is fabulous. Love this place.Special Features:
- Mr. FedorThePerfectSteakDined on 8/16/2014Steaks were out of this world and the presentation of the available steaks by the wait staff was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HORRIBLE!sikndDined on 8/14/2014What a nightmare! We went there for the first time to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We ordered the surf and turf for two. We ended up with the toughest lobster tail we ever had and the poorest excuse for a steak. Nowhere on the menu did it say that we were going to have s take that was drenched in liquid smoke. They took what was supposed to be a fine cut of meat, drenched it in liquid smoke and smoked it in a smoker. It tasted and smelled disgusting. I have never heard of anyone smoking meat to the point that it tasted like a $50 piece of beef jerkey! Not much more to say about a terrible experience. I gag just thinking about it. We will never go back.
- Great end to out VacationDman01880Dined on 8/14/2014Went to Charley's the last night of our family vacation to Florida. there are not enough words to say how pleased we were with this place. Appetizers (scallops, tuna and lobster bisque) very tasty. The Steaks cooked perfectly and delicious. At first i thought 22oz. steak? but I could eat it all day!! Chocolate lava and cheese cake kept the family smiling right through desert as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unremarkable and forgetabledisappointingDined on 8/14/2014we are experienced fine diners and are able to appreciate great food and wine. We do not mind paying top $ for good service, wine and food. This experience was disappointing all fronts. will not return.
- Great experienceGreatExperienceDined on 8/13/2014Went for dinner to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Food was great and Adam our waiter was fantastic. He went out of his way to ensure we had a great experience for our anniversary. Glasses always stayed full, and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversarynicoleDined on 8/2/2014Was a memorable experience ..great food loved the lobster tail very tender and juicySpecial Features:
- great foodkansasfoodieDined on 8/1/2014My fiance and I came here for our 4 year dating anniversary. I knew to expect high prices but was still a little surprised. The service was great we were seated promptly and never had to wait long for our waiter. The filet was delicious, my only complaint is that all sides are ala carte, so you are paying between 30-60 dollars for a steak then a minimum of 5-15 dollars for a side dish. Other than that they had a good bar selection, huge wine selection if you are into that. Definitely not a place I would go regularly but great for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced - UnexceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014We were very disappointed here. Prices are outrageous for what you get. Appetizers were OK. Dinner entrée was ok. No alcohol served, one person in party was 11, and bill without tip was $230 dollars. NEVER again.
- Outstanding Steak HousenewflfoodieDined on 7/26/2014If you enjoy a tender, flavorful steak grilled over citrus wood, try Charley's Steak House. Delicious steak, impressive wine list and memorable evening.Special Features:
- OutstandingTraceDined on 7/24/2014Great wine/champagne , fantastic service and outstanding steaks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a 5OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/21/2014The food is always excellent. The service staff is always there checking on you, but not overbearing or interrupting your conversation.Special Features:
- great anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014My husband and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary at Charleys . Great food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slightly worse than last timeJuly2014Dined on 7/18/2014I really enjoyed my dinner last year in Charley's, however this visit didn't really meet our expectations. Meat was overcooked and waitress was rushing us even if restaurant was half empty. I will give a Charley's one more chance as the other visit was top notch.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceBirthday47Dined on 7/16/2014We have been coming to Charley's for the past 7 years to celebrate a family member's birthday. From our last visit to the visit this past week, the level of service has drastically changed. The lack of attentiveness and interaction with the server were definitely missing. To be honest, we received better service from the gentleman that refreshed our drinks and removed our dishes.Special Features:
- Such a Fantastic PlaceChefDavidDined on 7/11/2014This place is hands down my favorite steak house in Orlando. They are service driven with great quality products. I will admit that the portion sizes are a little over the top as are all of the others that are in this category, however, they have no problems splitting an entrée and serving it up table side. Their wine stock is impressive and reasonably priced. On this night, I dined with a business friend and requested a quiet table. That wish was granted and the evening started well. For an appetizer, you cannot beat the portabella mushroom sticks with gorgonzola cheese dip. We split a rib eye which is served cowboy style. The waiter did the split at the table and we also shared broccoli and garlic redskins. Overall, a great meal!Special Features:
- Very expensive and medium quality.LeginDined on 7/6/2014A crab starter had not been cracked and had to be sent back. The salmon had been baked too dry. Very expensive for the quality of food.
- Nothing short of amazingshutsy0514Dined on 7/2/2014This is our third time going to Charley's. We have been to both locations and can't say enough good things. Giving it 5 stars is a serious understatement. The staff makes you feel like you are the only ones in the restaurant. I can't wait for our next trip back to Florida (from Massachusetts) to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great with great serviceBennycampDined on 6/29/2014First time at this restaurant and I would recommend it when you are in the area. The steaks were cooked to perfection. They were very accommodating to the children. Service and wine list was excellentSpecial Features:
- Charley's delivers a great mealKJMcCDined on 6/29/2014After looking overall of the recommendations for steakhouses in Orando, we opted for one close by. Even thou it is in the tourist corridor of 192, we felt like we were over in restaurant row in upscale Dr. Phillips. We had a luscious birthday dinner. My husband thought that his ribeye was as good as any he has ever had. The lobster Mac and cheese side, my filet with sautéed mushrooms, side salad,, the wine, sashimi app, all outstanding. We had a lovely evening. Not cheap at $145.00 before tip. Two packaged Shortbread cookies arrived with the manager who made his second stop to see if we were pleased. We will return to try seafood selections whichalso looked appealing. Portions are generous, tooSpecial Features:
- Still a great place for dinner.AnchormanDined on 6/27/2014All the entrees were wonderful. Including steak, chicken, seafood, ahi and pork chops. Salad was very good as well. Our server did an outstanding job and the manager was very helpful making up for an incorrect order. Steak came out instead of pork chops. The chops were brought later. The manager provided deserts for the table. Good recovery for Charleys.Special Features:
- decor needs workLuckyDined on 6/26/2014Our tables decor was quite beat up. Wood back splash and table need repair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceEatMeatVIPDined on 6/23/2014We had a party of 14 in town for a convention. Charlie's staff handled the group fabulously and catered to all of our needs. The food was great and the service was better. Would recommend highly - and will visit again when I am in Orlanda.Special Features:
- Solid 4.5 starsLocalsVIPDined on 6/23/2014Short version: This was my 10th time at Charley's over the years. Always very very good, service is top rate. Recommend. Longer version: This location of Charley's has been around a long time, and we were at a conference near Disney World. I took a colleague from Northern Florida with me who likes steak, and we discussed business over dinner. He had never been to Charley's before. Food was very very good, he had the Rib Eye, I had the 12 ounce filet. Service was top rate. The restaurant décor is starting to show its age - but maybe that is part of the ambience. We did not have the seafood, but did notice a larger selection of seafood since the last time. Yes we would go back.
- Best SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/21/2014In all of my global travels the restaurant I most look forward to revisiting is Charley's. I have now been to 4 of their locations, many times to some over the years, and they are always consistent providing a great steak and a wonderful dining experience. The Celebration location is no exception, everything was first-class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/18/2014Great food, great service, enjoyed by all the family. An absolute must for a great night.Special Features:
- We will be back...CaseysCameoAdventuresDined on 6/18/2014The food was superb as well as the service. The staff obliviously care about their customers. We will definetly dine at Charley's Steakhouse again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every yearOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014My wife and I vacation annually to the area and always include a meal at Charley's. Just fantastic steaks - the aging and preparation is the best. Princess had seafood this time (crablegs) and wasn't disappointed with her choice. The service is phenomenal and although we aren't able to classify as "regulars" - we have always been treated like we own the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food!UpscaleDinerVIPDined on 6/15/2014The same wonderful food you wood expect of any great restaurant. The lobster Mac was to die for and the steaks were cooked to perfection. The manager came around personally to have you check you steak to make sure it was cooked correctly. Our waiter was ok, but he over charged us a total of $39.00 on two items, and had to redo the bill twice. Glad we were checking- often we don't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing mealAmazedbyfoodDined on 6/15/2014Wow! From the salad to the appetizer to the STEAK, this was the best complete meal I've ever had! Our server was great and very knowledgable and the entire evening was just fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mezza-mezzaVallerieDined on 6/14/2014The food is always good; however the server was really 'odd.' Maybe he was new, but didn't seem to understand about taking away appetizer dishes before trying to set down the next course. Putting used salad plates on top of main course food, and such. Just Odd. Ordered an appetizer for us when we were just asking details about the item. Good thing we decided to order it, anyway! We only found out he had ordered it when we decided to order all of our appetizers. He said, "Oh, that one is already almost done"...what?! The baked potatoes were all black and sent, back but the replacements took a long time. Overall, great food and we will go back. Also...Lobster Bisque had TONS of large pieces of lobster.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/10/2014I've been to Charley's before. This time the service was sub par. In addition we were seated under fluorescent lights. You above all others should know how terrible fluorescent lighting makes food look. My client (who I took to dinner) was disappointed with the presentation of the food. Her fillet was kind of weird shaped. Anyway, not what I'm used to from Charley's.