Charley’s Crab - Palm Beach
456 South Ocean Blvd.
Palm Beach, FL 33480Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Charley’s Crab - Palm Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.muer.com/
- Phone: (561) 659-1500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Quinn Alexander
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Charley’s Crab - Palm Beach
Palm Beach's only premiere oceanfront restaurant.Continued
The only thing that we overlook is the Atlantic Ocean.
The only thing that we overlook is the Atlantic Ocean.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Charley’s Crab - Palm Beach - Best Restaurants in Palm Beach ›
Charley’s Crab - Palm Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (69)special occasion (60)fit for foodies (45)romantic (39)great for lunch (32)notable wine list (30)neighborhood gem (27)good for groups (23)great for brunch (16)hot spot (6)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Always goodBocaFeedVIPDined on 11/26/2014Fresh and abundant food. We took family just in from the cold northeast...cloudy day, but the views and overall ambiance was top-notch, as usual. Really good food. A comfortable place to eat and always worth the trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dad turned ninety!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014I wanted to take Dad someplace very nice and new to him. Having already eaten lunch there with a friend, I felt it was a good choice. We celebrated his ninetieth birthday at your restaurant, beginning with champagne. I had requested a window seat in my reservation, but one was not available when we arrived. I did, however, ask that a candle be placed in his dessert, whatever it may be. He chose apple cherry crisp - sinfully delicious! It was a treat to share this very special day with him!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the money I'm afraid...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/23/2014It was good, but not great. The food was lovely - but far to heavy and "fall like" for a beach vacation get away. The clientele was older and far to "stately" for my liking. I can definitely see recommending this place for those that are a bit older or would like a very quiet, very romantic dinner and it was quite good from a perspective of service however just a bit too quiet for my liking and while the food was delicious, I've actually had better elsewhere and for far less money in places like New York, Paris, Isle of Skye (Scotland) and Vancouver. Definitely not for children though or for groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2014Has to send back the fig appetizer. Too salty. Sole was disappointing. Best item ordered was the crabmeat avocado stack. Stone crab claws were ok.
- Getting a little tiredOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/18/2014Feels like it could do with a complete makeover. Server from Romania was great but a little over enthusiastic in pushing a bunch of extras.......whole experience had the feeling of desperation unfortunately.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2014Brunch was fantastic. We have been to Charlies Crab many times but this was out first time for Brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No crabbing from us!!!Ajoy2bVIPDined on 11/15/2014Charley's Crab is always great. But they surprised us with an autumn menu. The poached pear with duck confit and butternut squash soup was a great starter. The sole with autumn stuffing was spectacular. We were thankful for these autumn flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre game StandardHodgesVIPDined on 11/15/2014We always try to fit Charley's Crab in when traveling to the area. especially during football season. On this occasion we had a night game but luckily, they stay open in the afternoon so we were able to enjoy a late lunch before heading to the game! They had some new (to us anyway) lunch items that were all good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialLooking2dibeDined on 11/11/2014Fair at best .. Stuffed sole was overcooked and bland. Was expecting much more. Much better restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Pricey, but totally enjoyableYummy44VIPDined on 11/10/2014Delicious food, excellent service. An incomparable view will accompany your repast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but noisyLaLaEatsDined on 11/9/2014Enjoyed a wonderful brunch with my son. I reserved a table with window view. Did not receive it or an explanation why. The lady at the table next to us was loud and belligerent and cursing. Not a very nice environment for my 9 and 12 year old sons. Either way, I would come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ViewGarytDined on 11/9/2014Although it was raining the restaurant view was great and I'm sure makes for great people watching. Food was not as great as the view but the valet parking was a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014It was a very nice touch to print the birthday person's name on the menu. Service was good & we had a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/5/2014Great view. Outstanding seafood. Excellent service.Special Features:
- PatsyVIPDined on 11/5/2014Size of drinks were skimpy compared to other restaurants we frequent.Special Features:
- great as alwayscllumsVIPDined on 11/1/2014Food is always good. One of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food qualityfreshfishloversDined on 10/31/2014Ordered wild salmon, which had a strange, bad taste. Mentioned it to the serving lady, who offered to replace it with another fish dish. Replacement was haddock, but it was dry and not much better than the salmon. Left it at that, but it was a disappointment. We had been to the restaurant several times. It will take time to win back our confidence.Special Features:
- Thank you.ILove2EatDined on 10/26/2014Our server was so delightful. She was new and yet she operated as if she had been there for years. She did a great job of up selling cocktails and desserts. The food was delicious. The environment was conducive to our needs. Thank you so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningDelrayJerryDined on 10/25/2014Charlie's is a great spot. Been several times and brunch is better than dinner, but both are good values. Many of the dishes are unique to Charlie's and nicely done.Special Features:
- Great everythingJerryDined on 10/25/2014Outstanding food service and venue I highly recommend this place!!Special Features:
- ConsistantRobertDined on 10/15/2014As usual, good food and good service. We have never had a bad experience at Charley's Crab.Special Features:
- Dinner with ParentsHodgesVIPDined on 10/11/2014Its usually the 2 of us and we sit at the bar. This visit we went to the dining room because my in-laws were with us. We had to select either a 5:00 or 8:00 when I booked the reservation yet when we got there the dining room was active but not full and 8:00 is a little late for them to eat. Service was fine but a little slow and appetizers took forever to come out (which was unusual). The seasonal pumpkin bread pudding for dessert was the highlight of the meal and evening--unanimously enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charley's CrabCharleysDined on 10/11/2014I was really hoping for a better dining experience. The food wasn't all that good for the prices they charge. The restaurant itself was nice, but I wouldn't recommend this place to a friend. There are far better restaurants in the area to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulDisappointingVIPDined on 10/7/2014Always a great place to dine. The good ans service are consistently excellent. A must!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoboKoppDined on 9/27/2014Very good value for money, serving quality seafood. Noise was a bit high but then again it seems all restaurants pipe in loud background music these days.Special Features:
- What a viewfoodie123VIPDined on 9/27/2014It is not often that a restaurant with such superb food has such a beautiful view. Most places with a view squelch in the food category but Charley's Crab does not. The service measured up , as well. Lovely place to dine and a rare find !!Special Features:
- Great place.ShatochatoVIPDined on 9/26/2014Great selection on different sea foods. Which is why we chose this place. Will come back again when we visit Palm Beach.
- From Michigan Memories...MichiganGalDined on 9/26/2014I'm a Charley's Crab gal from a long time ago. I moved to Florida from Michigan over two years ago and was thrilled to see one in Palm Beach. We went for lunch with a 1:30 reservation on 9/26. It did take some time (20 min) to get seated at a table with the ocean view. The cod and veggies were delicious. My only disappointment was that the white wine I had with it was not chilled at all. Otherwise, good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eastsider review from ManhattenRichie2timeDined on 9/25/2014Great Happy Hour and well made cocktails, The bar menu is outstanding and not expensive at happy hour. Nice view of the Ocean and friendly atmosphere with TV in corner for sports. The main dinning area is very nice with Ocean views, white linen table settings , Our waitress was attentive and helpful in making choices from a great menu. My wife did not choose from the Palm Beach Flavor menu but I did because of the salmon and stuffed mushrooms. My wife enjoyed the two large crab cakes and beet salad. All second course meals come hot on warmed plates, the wine selection is international ,so one can't go wrong on picking a favorite vineyard. Highly recommend Charley's CrabSpecial Features:
- Don't miss it!MaxineDined on 9/24/2014Charlie's Crab was a great find. We had a great lunch overlooking the ocean. Impeccable, friendly service and fabulous food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as I was expecting …StMichaelsdinerDined on 9/22/2014The staff of my hotel recommended this restaurant without reservation. While it was good, dinner was heavy (too much oil in the fried food). Knowing what I know, I'd go a first time, but not again.
- 2nd time not as good as the firstPamelaVIPDined on 9/18/2014Our waiter was arrogant and we felt rushed. A few years ago we celebrated a different occasion at Charley's and everything was top notch. The food stayed consistent but the portions are smaller. My dinner plate was taken away before I finished my meal. We did not go to Charley's for a free birthday dessert but when the waiter offered he said only the creme brulee would be complimentary. We ordered and paid for a piece of chocolate silk pie. My thought is if you are offering a free dessert.....give a feee dessert (they are all priced about the same).Special Features:
- Lovely lunchDzooDined on 9/16/2014We tried this restaurant during PB Flavors 2014. Although you could also dine off the regular menu, we decided to try the special 3 course menu because the choices were so good and a great value. The flour less chocolate cake was perfect! Not too sweet but oh so chocolatey. The Parmesan crusted sole was nice and flaky. A big portion.Special Features:
- What went wrong?orthoVIPDined on 9/14/2014Went here before for excellent meal but not this time. Good appetizers but Pistacchio snapper dry as cardboard over tasteless pasta. Filet mignon was average and potatoes flavorless. GREAT soufflé for desert.
- DecentFoodTravelerDined on 9/13/2014Service was amazing and top notch. Got sat at a table in a corner where there was very little lighting so was a bit hard to read the menu. Food was good but not outstanding. The truffle lobster mac and cheese left more to be desired. Outside of the fish entrees there was limited variety in the seafood selection. Cocktails were delicious. Overall the experience made for a fun night out but nothing to urge me to return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK, not the Palm Beach experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Times have changed. There was a time when Charlie's Crab catered to more upscale clientele. This was my first visit in many years and I found that jeans and shorts have replaced evening supper club attire. So the ambiance is not as I remembered. The service was quite good. The food was good, not great or unusually upscale as it used to be. All in all it was a "nice" evening but not the Palm Beach experience it used to be.Special Features:
- babsDined on 9/13/2014Excellent food, service, ambiance and valet. What more can I say. It was raining and the valet not only opened all the doors, as he should, but he held an umbrella over everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvlunchDined on 9/13/2014Stuffed mushrooms were wonderful. Service was excellent. The view is spectacular. Very nice lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Football Weekend StapleHodgesVIPDined on 9/12/2014We travel to S Fl frequently during football season and Charley's Crab is a staple stop for us--we try to get as much of it as we can during our visits since we dont have it at home. This most recent visit we sat in the outside/oyster bar which gives you unobstructed view of ocean and feels a little more casual--perfect for bar bites and cocktails. Food is always good and the "bar bites" was a new--and welcome-- development since out last visit! I worked at Charley's during college and will always be a devotee!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter offensiveLynn411VIPDined on 9/12/2014We went to lunch at Charley's Crab for the Flavor of the Palm Beach promotion for the month of September. The waiter David was so offensive to us all that it made our lunch uncomfortable. The menu selections were very good and was enjoyed by all of us. The avocado crabmeat salad was plentiful and the burger was perfectly cooked. The 3 course lunch special including the gazpacho and coconut shrimp appetizers were delicious. The entree of Parmesan crusted sole was missing seasoning but was a nice portion. The chocolate cake was dense and thick. The beautiful ocean view was right outside our table. It was unfortunate that the waiter could ruin our ladies lunch by being so obnoxious.Special Features: