Charley’s Crab - Palm Beach
456 South Ocean Blvd.
Palm Beach, FL 33480Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Charley’s Crab - Palm Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.muer.com/
- Phone: (561) 659-1500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Quinn Alexander
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Charley’s Crab - Palm Beach
Palm Beach's only premiere oceanfront restaurant.Continued
The only thing that we overlook is the Atlantic Ocean.
The only thing that we overlook is the Atlantic Ocean.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Charley’s Crab - Palm Beach - Best Restaurants in Palm Beach ›
Charley’s Crab - Palm Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (69)special occasion (60)fit for foodies (45)romantic (39)great for lunch (31)notable wine list (29)neighborhood gem (27)good for groups (22)great for brunch (16)hot spot (6)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Dad's Retirement DinnerNeldar001Dined on 6/7/2014My family and I recently booked a reservation to take my dad out to a nice dinner for his retirement. I booked the reservation with open table and commented that it was my dad's retirement. We got there and they had a table set up that said VIP. I thought that was a nice touch. I then looked at the menu. Printed on top of the menu, "welcome "x" family to Charley's". Nice touch again. We sat down, ordered some wine. The manager comes over, "I heard someone is retiring". She congratulated my dad and then left. Wow! They won me over. Our server was great! The food was excellent. I am not the biggest of seafood fans. My dad is though. We both loved it. It was as fresh as can be. Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful setting; great serviceflbamaDined on 6/6/2014Food was very flavorful and presentation was amazing. Only reason I went with 4 vs. 5 stars is that crab wasn't really the star of the menu, at least not as it pertains to the main course.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2014Service and food were outstanding. Excellent for special occasions. Very friendly and noise level was very acceptable.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, Mediocre FoodGreatButAverageVIPDined on 6/2/2014Went for our 29th anniversary. Special touch of a personalized menu congratulating us which we could take home. Great service but I was dissapointed to have a rubbery Filet with very little flavor for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a treatAjoy2bVIPDined on 5/29/2014O MG!!! We live a few blocks away from Charley's Crab but don't think of it since we love Italian. But every time we go we have a fabulous meal. The sole was yummy. Our waiter was a gem too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bobanleyVIPDined on 5/25/2014Excellent food. Specializing in seafood. Top notch and fresh.Special Features:
- disappointingMashpeeDined on 5/24/2014evey time we come to palm B we dine here and this time the food ws just fair. we had the snapper hemingway (unsure of exact name) which gets critical acclam on Yelp and we didn't understand why people think it's great. We are from Boston so maybe we are very seafood savvy....but we just didn't think it deserved 5 stars.Special Features:
- Really DatedTriedagainVIPDined on 5/19/2014A dated restaurant really showing it's age. Food wasn't great, overpriced even for Palm Beach. If you look closely at the restaurant surfaces it's pretty dirty too...not a good sign.Pretty dirty
- love itnamdoogDined on 5/18/2014this is the third time to this here and it is amazing every time i go there.food ,drink,service is all top notch. reccomend to anybody looking for a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time, forever customerfoodlvrDined on 5/16/2014I loved everything about Charley's Crab. The server was so nice, informative and was happy to answer any questions and made wonderful suggestions that we were glad we ordered. Will be making this my special place for special food. Thx!!!Special Features:
- excellentcharleysDined on 5/15/2014fantastic attention to details as always, impeccable service interesting drinks, great appetizersSpecial Features:
- Always MemorableBetsyBDined on 5/15/2014We make this our first stop for lunch whenever we visit Palm Beach and are never disappointed. The food is creatively presented, super-fresh and always delicious. Plus, the service is superior. We love it!Special Features:
- PRICEYFrugal123Dined on 5/13/2014$14 for a glass of wine Casa Lapostol from Chile? Give me a break. Probably you can get a hole bottle for the price!!!Special Features:
- great ocean viewMARTYVIPDined on 5/13/2014We had a table by the window with an ocean view which was great. I ordered a pasta dish but it was overcooked even though I was told that it was cooked to order, which it was not, by my waiter. They should stick to just fish dishes. The server was polite but not well informed.Special Features:
- Good food but poor receptionistMissingCrabDined on 5/11/2014We went to CC for Mother's Day brunch. We enjoyed the food and server was great! However we were very disappointed at the front desk service as we have never seem such a cold treatment ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip the brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/11/2014The Menu is good but the quality of he brunch was sub-par. Spent a lot of time waiting for food to be refilled in the breakfast area. The seafood buffet was terrible. Shrimp and crab were all in the shell with no nut crackers to break the shell... So impossible to eat without making an incredible mess. Desserts were tasteless. Bloody Mary was good and the wait staff was very nice.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/10/2014AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Special Features:
- Fantastic Seafood with ocean viewBeachEsqVIPDined on 5/1/2014Great seafood. Attentive service. Warm atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Ambiance and Great FoodDocADined on 4/29/2014The food is delicious and well prepared. Hosts/Hostesses assure your satisfaction. This was a birthday celebration and their gift was superb. We like to go for a special occasion and most especially to enjoy the ambiance. Since it is directly across the street from the ocean we were able to get an absolutely beautiful scenic view of the sunset and moon rise. Valet service was special as they cared for our vehicle as though it was their own.Special Features:
- We had a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2014We were looking to end our trip on a high note with a great meal, and Charley's Crab delivered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special EveningCherVIPDined on 4/26/2014It was our Anniversary and we were so pleased to enjoy it at this restaurant. I try to have Alaskan King Crab once a season, and I couldn't have selected a better place to order it. Delicious. My Cosmo martini was soooo good, I skipped the wine for dinner and had a 2nd cocktail. My husband had Trout, also very good. We've had better souffles, so wouldn't get one of those again. But everything else was fabulous!Special Features:
- Crabby no moreAjoy2bVIPDined on 4/22/2014We love Charley's Crab. We walked over. We had a baby in our party. They were very accommodating. The service was great. The view spectacular. The crab salad scrumptious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Service - Not Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2014My family and I went to this restaurant while vacationing in Palm Beach over the Easter weekend. My assessment would be that it is riding on what was possibly a good reputation a decade or so ago. The daughter's first comment was the décor was very "old fashioned" and we all agreed that he food was at best bland. We were expecting a much more high end dining experience and were disappointed. The one saving grace was the server - he was very pleasant, helpful and professional.
- A Nice RestaurantSM7461VIPDined on 4/16/2014The food, service and atmosphere were great! We enjoyed sitting at a table by the window that overlooked the ocean. Our waiter was very nice and efficient. It's a nice restaurant for both adults and families with children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect...AgainLocalLadyVIPDined on 4/16/2014Love Charley's Crab! The staff goes out of their way, to make each guest feel special. Always come here for special occasionsSpecial Features:
- 30 years on and still wonderfulnickluvspbDined on 4/12/2014i've been going to Charley's Crab for over 30 years and have never had a bad meal or bad experience. Always has been one of the institutions of Palm Beach and continues to be so. Food score would have been excellent but for my wife's soup which wasn't quite up to the usual excellent standard but that is a very minor criticism as overall another wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Greasy fish?NotimpressedDined on 4/12/2014My wife and I went for our anniversary. The wine selection was very good but the beer selection was disappointing. The service was good, the location and atmosphere was as well. The food was unimpressive. The seared Mahi was on but dry. The main course my wife had the stuffed shrimp and they were alright but the shrimp were sort of on the small side. I ordered the grilled Mahi and it was a good size portion but it had no flavor and was so greasy that there was a pool of butter on the plate. The vegetables and rice were good but for the money it was disappointing. The best part if the meal was the dessert, we had the cherry apple cobbler with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. At $150 for two I would have expected more.Special Features:
- SuperdrjimVIPDined on 4/10/2014This is a great on-the-water-venue and the food is fresh and good. Loved it. Wish it were closer to where we live.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DownhillOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/9/2014Table not ready at time of reservation. Kitchen slow producing entrees.Special Features:
- Amazing food!!MikeVIPDined on 4/8/2014Great service, great presentation, generous portions, delicious apps and fantastic desserts. The view is nice, but misleading. This is the place to go for a finer, yet casual dining experience.Special Features:
- Poor service. Log wait forDISAPPOINTEDVIPDined on 4/8/2014Poor service. Log wait for food. Would never go back. Don't bother Other places in Palm Beach to have a fine meal and great serice. This is NOT one of them
- ExcellentSanseiDined on 4/7/2014Still reminds me enough of Charlie's Crab in Detroit to keep me coming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwfulNYfoodieVIPDined on 4/4/2014Tasteless mush slopped onto a plate. Hands down the worst of the 6 or 7 restaurants I have been to on PB..
- OutstandingwarrottjrDined on 4/2/2014Had the cucumber oysters, stone crab entrée and grand mariner soufflé. The soufflé takes 35 minutes, so don't wait until the end of the meal to order. Stone crabs were a little on the small size but delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good EatsPaulDined on 4/1/2014This place was great, the service and food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2014I had heard from friends how good this restaurant was. They were right. From the cocktail to dessert, everything was wonderful. The bread basket came with butter and crab butter. What a treat. The staff all wished me a happy birthday and my menu had a personalized Happy Birthday printed on the top. Dinner ended with a candle on dessert. All in all a very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Haven't been in a while andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/30/2014Haven't been in a while and wife wanted pan-seared scallops. I had the shrimp fresco, both dishes were great as was the wine and dessert. Air was blowing right on us but they turned it off as soon as we asked. Only negative was a waiter, not ours, who would talk so loud to his tables that you couldn't carry on your own conversation at your table...little weird.Special Features:
- Charley's is always great!NicknameVIPDined on 3/29/2014Charley's is always great! Food, wine drinks and service. Its a favorite! Lobster Bisque is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First ClassRobertDined on 3/24/2014We have never had a bad experience at Charley's Crab. Fine food and excellent service. The Landry chain has continued the fine food and service that we had enjoyed with the Muer family of restaurants over many years,Special Features:
- Beautiful ViewPatsyVIPDined on 3/23/2014Bob and I have always enjoyed the restaurant. The atmosphere and food are consistently good. In fact we brought our children (adults) from Boston there for dinner on Saturday night. We had a lovely table in the front corner of the restaurant that faces the ocean. The lighting is very adequate except for the two front corner round tables. When it became dark we could not see our food and we had to ask for another candle..That still was not sufficient; there is no over-head lighting on those two tables. We feel that our complaint was worthy since my husband is an architect and I am an interior designer. The food was good except for the trout that my husband had to send back. Thekey lime pie was spectacular!Special Features: