Charley’s Crab - Palm Beach
456 South Ocean Blvd.
Palm Beach, FL 33480Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Charley’s Crab - Palm Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.muer.com/
- Phone: 5616591500x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Quinn Alexander
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Charley’s Crab - Palm Beach
Palm Beach's only premiere oceanfront restaurant.Continued
The only thing that we overlook is the Atlantic Ocean.
The only thing that we overlook is the Atlantic Ocean.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Charley’s Crab - Palm Beach - Best Restaurants in Palm Beach ›
Charley’s Crab - Palm Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (81)special occasion (58)romantic (54)fit for foodies (32)great for lunch (27)neighborhood gem (26)notable wine list (18)good for groups (17)great for brunch (16)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- Will return!CharmedVIPDined on 8/22/2014Found Charley's Crab on Open Table and it turned out to be a gem! Bartenders kept us entertained while we waited. Food and service was awesome. They are on our "list" now.Special Features:
- Beautiful location, average foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2014We had 8 of us for a business dinner. We loved the location looking at the water but the food was pretty mediocre. The key lime pie was the best thing we had that evening.Special Features:
- What's not to like?Ande213Dined on 8/16/2014Been dining here for many, many years. Usually for out of town guests to show off Palm Beach's finest location with the added bonus of friendly knowledgeable staff and great food. Been some changes over the years with Charlie's, but it is still a class act.Special Features:
- Overall pleasedPleasedVIPDined on 8/16/2014It was my wife and my anniversary (and my BD in 2 days) and we spent it with our best friends.The fresh fish specials were excellent and my wives angel hair pasta was excellent as well. Unfortunately our soups were not hot to start us of with. (lobster bisque) our waitress even said as she placed it on the table,(if its not hot enough let me know) . If you had an idea it wasn't hot, then why bring it in the first place I guess would be my question.She did bring them back hot and it was corrected. I had a seafood combo on linguine which was not up to par with this restaurant at all. It appeared the seafood in the dish were pretty small and not fresh at all. The sauce was ok but nothing special.Our waitress overall, was just excellent!Special Features:
- Palm Beach BeautyPamJDined on 8/13/2014Always a favorite place. If you are able to get a table by the window the view is beautiful. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we finally tried Charley'sBC219Dined on 8/12/2014We have been wanting to try this restaurant for a couple of years and finally made it. Food and service was great. They had a 3 course special for restaurant week that was fantastic for $25!!! Try the coconut shrimp!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014the service was great. the food was very good. would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 stars meal for 5 star pricePoolrunnerDined on 8/5/2014Food and service acceptable at a lower price point. For the $$ of this meal all should have been much higher in comparison to others at this level. Add in a flooded restroom and low battery fire alarm beeping and it just does not cut it.
- Fantastic!MusicteachDined on 8/4/2014We were on vacation and had a birthday to celebrate. From the moment we entered until we left, the service, chef and meal was five stars! We will definitely be back. The chef came to the table twice, upon request, because my husband loved the meal!Special Features:
- Always WonderfulJudiVIPDined on 8/1/2014My husband and I always take advantage of the opportunity to dine at Charley's whenever we are in Palm Beach. We have celebrated many special occasions here and it never disappoints.Special Features:
- Nice Seafood RestaurantLalariaDined on 7/29/2014We took customers to dinner and were greated with good food and capable attentive but not overbearing service.Special Features:
- Not impressed !!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Being a chef for over 20 years professionally and at home. I'm a foodie and wine enthusiast. The wine list was acceptable with many choices. Prices were fair. The food was basic at best. Nothing impressed me and it wasn't anything I couldn't cook at home. I could prob do better. A good restaurant with fair food. Not looking to return unless guest choose it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Below averageChicagoGirl43Dined on 7/25/2014I decided to make dinner reservations based on reviews and location/ocean front. I must say I was very disappointed with the quality of food and service. Wait staff looked and acted tired! I felt almost not welcomed... The signature tuna appetizer was awful, I really must say the worst I had so far. The bread was not good, the king crab legs too salty. Overall, not a good seafood restaurant, at all, except for the views. I dined at Bice the following evening and had halibut, now that's how the seafood and everything else should taste!Special Features:
- Not the best experienceSwedeDined on 7/25/2014We had booked for 8 PM and came in good time, our window table was given to someone else. When the starters arrived the Lobster Bisque was not warm enough. The main course was OK except for the Tuna that was raw (no one asked for how it should be cooked). This gives an overall experience lower then expected. Previous vists were much better.Special Features:
- Delicious seafood & beautiful view!LuvSeafoodDined on 7/23/2014This gem is in Palm Beach just across from the beach. We always drive by and my husband kept mentioning he wanted to try it out. So when it was time to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary, I knew exactly where we'd go! The staff made it such a memorable night! From the moment we walked in, each one wished us a happy anniversary. They sat us at a table with a beautiful view of the ocean. Then our menus were presented to us and they were personalized with a message at the top! Our food was amazing. I ordered the snapper with coconut rice and my husband had the grilled grouper with hearts of palm. Our waiter, Adam, was delightful! We highly recommend Charlie's Crab and definitely plan on returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagdaDined on 7/22/2014Very nice place, manificent view..very good service...super recomendable !Special Features:
- Great food, great atmosphereollieDined on 7/17/2014We were a party of 4, and all enjoyed our experience. The food was delicious and the restaurant has beautiful views of the ocean. I had a tuna appetizer, and the black grouper grilled. It was cooked perfectly. Our server, Anthony, was very helpful and made fantastic recommendations. I can't wait to go back and try more of the items on the menu. I am super picky when it comes to seafood, and I was very happy with the dinner, and the entire experience we had there.Special Features:
- A disasterEmilycaprice2014Dined on 7/17/2014Patricia was the server. Worst service since I've been coming for over a year. I had to repour the wine myself. She didn't know what the app was so when it arrived it was not what we thought. Black napkin took 10 minutes to arrive. After my king crab legs she never brought a towel and lemon. I had to get up and wash my hands. When I got back my dirty plate still hadn't been taken, which was over 10 min since I was done. It's not the usual service here and I hope it doesn't continue or I won't be back.
- My favorite restaurant alwaysHard2pleaseDined on 7/15/2014Since I moved to West Palm Beach Charley's Crab is my favorite place that I dine very often . The food is always great, very good service and you can not beat the scenerySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014Great location, nice ambiance, good service, tasty aperitif, food's overpriced and just ok.Special Features:
- You get what you pay forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/9/2014Charley's Crab has been our favorite place for "special events" since it is on the "pricey" side for several years. The food, service, and view of the ocean are exceptional. Attention to individual dietary needs were accommodated with finesse. If notified by your reservations that you are attending for a birthday or anniversary, they will prepare a menu with that event as the menu title. Reservations recommended but not always necessary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food-OK ServiceCharleysDined on 7/3/2014All food was great, but service was not that great. Waitress came across as pushy and not very helpful, but it didn't matter about the choice of food. Seemed like you could not go wrong with anything on the menu.Special Features:
- Fancy Prices, Mediocre CuissinemaxymyllynDined on 7/2/2014So I took a friend from out of town there last week. I booked a table online. The view is spectacular. The service was mediocre - especially since the waiter talked so fast he sounded like he was at an auction and the hostess took away my white napkin to replace it with a black one...and never return. I had the cedar smoked mahi-mahi. It was ... terrible. It tasted like nothing. The salsa was uninspired and the cedar smoking just stank bad. My companion was equally unimpressed. I expect much more for such an expensive meal. In short, it's pretty, but no substance. A wasted meal.Special Features:
- Service and view outshine foodmorse919Dined on 7/2/2014The view just across the the narrow 2 lane street from beautiful palm beach is incredible. The service was provided by very friendly and well educated staff. The food was tasty and cooked correctly, but had a very chain resturant look and feel. In my opnion a resturant with this location and staff deserves a James Beard level chef that isn't afraid to take some risk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely, just lovely.reitwomanVIPDined on 6/29/2014My husband and I left our toddler with his grandparents and enjoyed a much-deserved lovely Sunday evening meal at this ocean-side eatery. Our server, Adam, was pleasant, knowledgeable, enthusiastic and appropriate, and guided us to delicious menu items and drinks.Special Features:
- Good oldieBocaladyDined on 6/25/2014Beautiful restaurant-very comfortable and warm setting with wonderful views of the ocean. Our waiter was super nice and helpful with the menu. We shared a calamari appetizer, the calamari was served atop thin sliced, quick fried veggies and was tender, and delicious. Not the usual over fried version you get in most places. My crab stuffed shrimp came with rice and green beans-6big shrimp delicious. My friend had one of the specials, Bronzino and shrimp over pappardelle pasta, also delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BubbieBubbieDined on 6/15/2014Great for dinner. Celebrated Mother's 90th Birthday and they even personalized the menu for her. Wonderful and informative server. Even joined the their dining Club.Special Features:
- Great Father's DayKhildebrDined on 6/15/2014Went here for Father's Day. The tuna avocado stack and crab avocado stack appetizers were outstanding. My wife ordered the king crab legs and received a generous portion; very tasty too. The rest of us ordered off the Brunch menu and got the lobster omelet dish and shrimp and grits dish. Both dishes had great flavor and a good size portion. Overall we had a great time and our service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Father's Day lunchPalmBchGrlDined on 6/14/2014We had a wonderful seat right the windows overlooking the Ocean in scenic Palm Beach, Florida. I grew up not far from Charley's Crab and have been a "follower" most of my life. There are only a few enduring gems in the Palm Beaches like Charley's Crab and I highly recommend the ambiance and food. The service is always impeccable and the cocktails divine. If you have not tried the gazpacho - it's one of the best treats on the Island. Perfect for a summer day.Special Features:
- NicknameVIPDined on 6/10/2014Charley's continues to stand out, hope the corporate empire keeps their hands off this place. Great location, great bar, great food, service and wine!Special Features:
- Great seafoodCatherineVIPDined on 6/9/2014If your looking for a seafood place, look no further. The menu is extensive. The king crab legs were excellent!! Plus the restaurant is by the water. Ask for a table by the windows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dad's Retirement DinnerNeldar001Dined on 6/7/2014My family and I recently booked a reservation to take my dad out to a nice dinner for his retirement. I booked the reservation with open table and commented that it was my dad's retirement. We got there and they had a table set up that said VIP. I thought that was a nice touch. I then looked at the menu. Printed on top of the menu, "welcome "x" family to Charley's". Nice touch again. We sat down, ordered some wine. The manager comes over, "I heard someone is retiring". She congratulated my dad and then left. Wow! They won me over. Our server was great! The food was excellent. I am not the biggest of seafood fans. My dad is though. We both loved it. It was as fresh as can be. Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful setting; great serviceflbamaDined on 6/6/2014Food was very flavorful and presentation was amazing. Only reason I went with 4 vs. 5 stars is that crab wasn't really the star of the menu, at least not as it pertains to the main course.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2014Service and food were outstanding. Excellent for special occasions. Very friendly and noise level was very acceptable.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, Mediocre FoodGreatButAverageVIPDined on 6/2/2014Went for our 29th anniversary. Special touch of a personalized menu congratulating us which we could take home. Great service but I was dissapointed to have a rubbery Filet with very little flavor for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a treatAjoy2bVIPDined on 5/29/2014O MG!!! We live a few blocks away from Charley's Crab but don't think of it since we love Italian. But every time we go we have a fabulous meal. The sole was yummy. Our waiter was a gem too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bobanleyDined on 5/25/2014Excellent food. Specializing in seafood. Top notch and fresh.Special Features:
- disappointingMashpeeDined on 5/24/2014evey time we come to palm B we dine here and this time the food ws just fair. we had the snapper hemingway (unsure of exact name) which gets critical acclam on Yelp and we didn't understand why people think it's great. We are from Boston so maybe we are very seafood savvy....but we just didn't think it deserved 5 stars.Special Features:
- Really DatedTriedagainVIPDined on 5/19/2014A dated restaurant really showing it's age. Food wasn't great, overpriced even for Palm Beach. If you look closely at the restaurant surfaces it's pretty dirty too...not a good sign.Pretty dirty
- love itnamdoogDined on 5/18/2014this is the third time to this here and it is amazing every time i go there.food ,drink,service is all top notch. reccomend to anybody looking for a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.