Charley’s Crab - Palm Beach
456 South Ocean Blvd.
Palm Beach, FL 33480Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Charley’s Crab - Palm Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.muer.com/
- Phone: 5616591500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Quinn Alexander
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Charley’s Crab - Palm Beach
Palm Beach's only premiere oceanfront restaurant.Continued
The only thing that we overlook is the Atlantic Ocean.
The only thing that we overlook is the Atlantic Ocean.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Charley’s Crab - Palm Beach - Best Restaurants in Palm Beach ›
Charley’s Crab - Palm Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (82)special occasion (62)romantic (51)fit for foodies (35)great for lunch (28)neighborhood gem (28)notable wine list (22)good for groups (17)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- What went wrong?orthoVIPDined on 9/14/2014Went here before for excellent meal but not this time. Good appetizers but Pistacchio snapper dry as cardboard over tasteless pasta. Filet mignon was average and potatoes flavorless. GREAT soufflé for desert.
- DecentFoodTravelerDined on 9/13/2014Service was amazing and top notch. Got sat at a table in a corner where there was very little lighting so was a bit hard to read the menu. Food was good but not outstanding. The truffle lobster mac and cheese left more to be desired. Outside of the fish entrees there was limited variety in the seafood selection. Cocktails were delicious. Overall the experience made for a fun night out but nothing to urge me to return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK, not the Palm Beach experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Times have changed. There was a time when Charlie's Crab catered to more upscale clientele. This was my first visit in many years and I found that jeans and shorts have replaced evening supper club attire. So the ambiance is not as I remembered. The service was quite good. The food was good, not great or unusually upscale as it used to be. All in all it was a "nice" evening but not the Palm Beach experience it used to be.Special Features:
- babsDined on 9/13/2014Excellent food, service, ambiance and valet. What more can I say. It was raining and the valet not only opened all the doors, as he should, but he held an umbrella over everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvlunchDined on 9/13/2014Stuffed mushrooms were wonderful. Service was excellent. The view is spectacular. Very nice lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Football Weekend StapleHodgesVIPDined on 9/12/2014We travel to S Fl frequently during football season and Charley's Crab is a staple stop for us--we try to get as much of it as we can during our visits since we dont have it at home. This most recent visit we sat in the outside/oyster bar which gives you unobstructed view of ocean and feels a little more casual--perfect for bar bites and cocktails. Food is always good and the "bar bites" was a new--and welcome-- development since out last visit! I worked at Charley's during college and will always be a devotee!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter offensiveLynn411VIPDined on 9/12/2014We went to lunch at Charley's Crab for the Flavor of the Palm Beach promotion for the month of September. The waiter David was so offensive to us all that it made our lunch uncomfortable. The menu selections were very good and was enjoyed by all of us. The avocado crabmeat salad was plentiful and the burger was perfectly cooked. The 3 course lunch special including the gazpacho and coconut shrimp appetizers were delicious. The entree of Parmesan crusted sole was missing seasoning but was a nice portion. The chocolate cake was dense and thick. The beautiful ocean view was right outside our table. It was unfortunate that the waiter could ruin our ladies lunch by being so obnoxious.Special Features:
- Not as expectedbargainbrowserDined on 9/10/2014Selected restaurant based on $28 early bird special on website. Disappointed to see only 4 selections in 3 course special at $35. Server was not informed about website content. Did not care for server who seemed insincere and aloof. Our bread basket & plates were whisked away before our appetizer was served & I wrestled with her when she was reaching for my dessert plate before I had finished my key lime pie. My view of the employees standing around chatting and the annoying music did nothing for the ambiance. I don't choose an upscale restaurant to have my portions controlled by the server.Special Features:
- LuncheonLadyDined on 9/10/2014Food and service were delightful on the FlavorPB menu. Ambiance was fine spoiled by seating a man next to us who was disgusting in his attire and smelled positively like a sweaty unwashed bum off the street of a slum. I spoke to the hostess and asked that he not be seated near us as the foul odor was overpowering. She declined to seat him anywhere else in a relatively empty dining room. Spoiled a lovely meal with good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthday dinnerJohnDined on 9/9/2014Personalized menus, views of the ocean, delicious wine and great food. We started with the Dynamite Scallops and they were awesome! Served in the shell with a creamy, spicy sauce, I would return just for that! My husband was in the mood for Alaskan King crab legs and he was in heaven. I had the filet and lobster tail and both were cooked to perfection! Great service, Fantastic dinner! We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceFla2014Dined on 9/7/2014Our server Alice was great, very attentive and friendly, she answered everyone of our questions with detailand accommodated all of our requests... The manager Nora was very friendly and personable too. Thank you all, we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charley's on the beach2puttDined on 9/7/2014Great food, service, and spectacular view ..will, be back soon, recommend the snapper hemingway, incredible salads, wait staff fabulousSpecial Features:
- Personalized service!Celebrating22yrsDined on 9/6/2014Celebrated our anniversary at Charlie's Crab PB. We were seated at a window table overlooking the ocean, as we had requested on our reservation. Much to our surprise the printed menu was personalized welcoming us by name & wishing us a happy 22nd anniversary. Service was warm and sincere from the valet, doorman, hostess and server. Food was excellent with abundant portions. The chocolate silk torte was exceptional! So glad we selected Charlie's Crab for our special occassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic gazpachocoateddiVIPDined on 9/5/2014We went with friends for Flavor Palm Beach month. Everything was lovely, the view onto the ocean spectacular but best of all was the gazpacho!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth cheap price fix menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Food was not good on price fix menu, service was overwhelmed and mediocre at best. Had to ask for bread (forgot), and constantly water refills
- Charley's CrabfoodisloveDined on 9/3/2014" There i is no communication between the online reservation and the restaurant. So they did not know it was our friend's birthday and that I had dietary restrictions. Anyway, Suzi received a special menu with her name on it and a candle in her creme brûlée. We had the coconut shrimp, which was delicious and the other woman had a caesar salad with lots of anchovies, which she enjoyed. The main course was sole, which was parmesan crusted and delicious and a good sized portion for lunch. Being diabetic, they accommodated me with strawberries and raspberries for dessert. Had to ask for bread and received a wonderful basket of rolls, which I would have missed out on if not asked for. Service was fine but required asking for things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent spot for dining!jennric8Dined on 8/30/2014Food was overall nicely prepared. Special was a grouper fish with their special sauce of scallops mushrooms and sherry. Very good. Calamari was average but good. Martha vineyard salad was simple but good;not doused with dressing which is always a turn off. Server Alyssa was professional knowledgeable and attentive -but not overly so. I would recommend this restaurant . Bonus is the beautiful view of the ocean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will return!CharmedVIPDined on 8/22/2014Found Charley's Crab on Open Table and it turned out to be a gem! Bartenders kept us entertained while we waited. Food and service was awesome. They are on our "list" now.Special Features:
- Beautiful location, average foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2014We had 8 of us for a business dinner. We loved the location looking at the water but the food was pretty mediocre. The key lime pie was the best thing we had that evening.Special Features:
- What's not to like?Ande213Dined on 8/16/2014Been dining here for many, many years. Usually for out of town guests to show off Palm Beach's finest location with the added bonus of friendly knowledgeable staff and great food. Been some changes over the years with Charlie's, but it is still a class act.Special Features:
- Overall pleasedPleasedVIPDined on 8/16/2014It was my wife and my anniversary (and my BD in 2 days) and we spent it with our best friends.The fresh fish specials were excellent and my wives angel hair pasta was excellent as well. Unfortunately our soups were not hot to start us of with. (lobster bisque) our waitress even said as she placed it on the table,(if its not hot enough let me know) . If you had an idea it wasn't hot, then why bring it in the first place I guess would be my question.She did bring them back hot and it was corrected. I had a seafood combo on linguine which was not up to par with this restaurant at all. It appeared the seafood in the dish were pretty small and not fresh at all. The sauce was ok but nothing special.Our waitress overall, was just excellent!Special Features:
- Palm Beach BeautyPamJDined on 8/13/2014Always a favorite place. If you are able to get a table by the window the view is beautiful. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we finally tried Charley'sBC219Dined on 8/12/2014We have been wanting to try this restaurant for a couple of years and finally made it. Food and service was great. They had a 3 course special for restaurant week that was fantastic for $25!!! Try the coconut shrimp!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014the service was great. the food was very good. would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 stars meal for 5 star pricePoolrunnerDined on 8/5/2014Food and service acceptable at a lower price point. For the $$ of this meal all should have been much higher in comparison to others at this level. Add in a flooded restroom and low battery fire alarm beeping and it just does not cut it.
- Fantastic!MusicteachDined on 8/4/2014We were on vacation and had a birthday to celebrate. From the moment we entered until we left, the service, chef and meal was five stars! We will definitely be back. The chef came to the table twice, upon request, because my husband loved the meal!Special Features:
- Always WonderfulJudiVIPDined on 8/1/2014My husband and I always take advantage of the opportunity to dine at Charley's whenever we are in Palm Beach. We have celebrated many special occasions here and it never disappoints.Special Features:
- Nice Seafood RestaurantLalariaDined on 7/29/2014We took customers to dinner and were greated with good food and capable attentive but not overbearing service.Special Features:
- Not impressed !!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Being a chef for over 20 years professionally and at home. I'm a foodie and wine enthusiast. The wine list was acceptable with many choices. Prices were fair. The food was basic at best. Nothing impressed me and it wasn't anything I couldn't cook at home. I could prob do better. A good restaurant with fair food. Not looking to return unless guest choose it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Below averageChicagoGirl43Dined on 7/25/2014I decided to make dinner reservations based on reviews and location/ocean front. I must say I was very disappointed with the quality of food and service. Wait staff looked and acted tired! I felt almost not welcomed... The signature tuna appetizer was awful, I really must say the worst I had so far. The bread was not good, the king crab legs too salty. Overall, not a good seafood restaurant, at all, except for the views. I dined at Bice the following evening and had halibut, now that's how the seafood and everything else should taste!Special Features:
- Not the best experienceSwedeDined on 7/25/2014We had booked for 8 PM and came in good time, our window table was given to someone else. When the starters arrived the Lobster Bisque was not warm enough. The main course was OK except for the Tuna that was raw (no one asked for how it should be cooked). This gives an overall experience lower then expected. Previous vists were much better.Special Features:
- Delicious seafood & beautiful view!LuvSeafoodDined on 7/23/2014This gem is in Palm Beach just across from the beach. We always drive by and my husband kept mentioning he wanted to try it out. So when it was time to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary, I knew exactly where we'd go! The staff made it such a memorable night! From the moment we walked in, each one wished us a happy anniversary. They sat us at a table with a beautiful view of the ocean. Then our menus were presented to us and they were personalized with a message at the top! Our food was amazing. I ordered the snapper with coconut rice and my husband had the grilled grouper with hearts of palm. Our waiter, Adam, was delightful! We highly recommend Charlie's Crab and definitely plan on returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagdaDined on 7/22/2014Very nice place, manificent view..very good service...super recomendable !Special Features:
- Great food, great atmosphereollieDined on 7/17/2014We were a party of 4, and all enjoyed our experience. The food was delicious and the restaurant has beautiful views of the ocean. I had a tuna appetizer, and the black grouper grilled. It was cooked perfectly. Our server, Anthony, was very helpful and made fantastic recommendations. I can't wait to go back and try more of the items on the menu. I am super picky when it comes to seafood, and I was very happy with the dinner, and the entire experience we had there.Special Features:
- A disasterEmilycaprice2014VIPDined on 7/17/2014Patricia was the server. Worst service since I've been coming for over a year. I had to repour the wine myself. She didn't know what the app was so when it arrived it was not what we thought. Black napkin took 10 minutes to arrive. After my king crab legs she never brought a towel and lemon. I had to get up and wash my hands. When I got back my dirty plate still hadn't been taken, which was over 10 min since I was done. It's not the usual service here and I hope it doesn't continue or I won't be back.
- My favorite restaurant alwaysHard2pleaseDined on 7/15/2014Since I moved to West Palm Beach Charley's Crab is my favorite place that I dine very often . The food is always great, very good service and you can not beat the scenerySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014Great location, nice ambiance, good service, tasty aperitif, food's overpriced and just ok.Special Features:
- You get what you pay forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/9/2014Charley's Crab has been our favorite place for "special events" since it is on the "pricey" side for several years. The food, service, and view of the ocean are exceptional. Attention to individual dietary needs were accommodated with finesse. If notified by your reservations that you are attending for a birthday or anniversary, they will prepare a menu with that event as the menu title. Reservations recommended but not always necessary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food-OK ServiceCharleysDined on 7/3/2014All food was great, but service was not that great. Waitress came across as pushy and not very helpful, but it didn't matter about the choice of food. Seemed like you could not go wrong with anything on the menu.Special Features:
- Fancy Prices, Mediocre CuissinemaxymyllynDined on 7/2/2014So I took a friend from out of town there last week. I booked a table online. The view is spectacular. The service was mediocre - especially since the waiter talked so fast he sounded like he was at an auction and the hostess took away my white napkin to replace it with a black one...and never return. I had the cedar smoked mahi-mahi. It was ... terrible. It tasted like nothing. The salsa was uninspired and the cedar smoking just stank bad. My companion was equally unimpressed. I expect much more for such an expensive meal. In short, it's pretty, but no substance. A wasted meal.Special Features: