Charleston's Restaurant - Castleton
6815 East 82nd Street
Indianapolis, IN 46250Neighborhood:
Castleton / Keystone Crossings
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Charleston's Restaurant - Castleton
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://charlestons.ehsrg.com/
- Phone: 3178410442
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Charleston's Restaurant - Castleton
Charleston's is a casual, upbeat restaurant with a modestly priced menu featuring traditional American classics prepared from scratch daily. The atmosphere is warm, cozy, and inviting utilizing dark woods and gas lighting to create a handsome, casual and comfortable décor. Charleston's focuses on providing its guests with excellent price value and selecting the highest quality ingredients.Continued
Whether you are new to Charleston's or a long-standing customer, we look forward to seeing you soon!
Whether you are new to Charleston's or a long-standing customer, we look forward to seeing you soon!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Charleston's Restaurant - Castleton - Best Restaurants in Castleton / Keystone Crossings ›
Charleston's Restaurant - Castleton reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (28)special occasion (23)neighborhood gem (23)good for groups (20)kid-friendly (16)romantic (15)fit for foodies (14)great for brunch (5)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- SandiDined on 8/29/2014The salmon is always perfectly cooked. Very moist. Love the carrots with their sweet glaze.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and foodhappyDined on 8/20/2014Service outstanding and food great. Kim is an excellent server and is always very attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reunion of sortsExcitedNotSoMuchDined on 8/14/2014I met up with a friend on a Thursday night whom I had not seen in 30+ years. We told the server when we sat down and she was very patient and accommodating. She kept our glasses filled, we did not have to wait for our food, the noise level wasn't overpowering so we were able to talk, the food was very good, exactly as ordered and was hot and delicious. I would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2014Reliable and convenient location. Staff very nice and professionalSpecial Features:
- DickDined on 7/29/2014Food good the service was only fair but acceptable. Would dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatdinerDined on 7/29/2014I have been coming to this restaurant since 1991 and the service and food is always great. I love seeing a non-cain restaurant being able to stay open for that long without cutting quality at all, it's hard to find today. Would defiantly recommend.Special Features:
- yuckDeAnnDined on 7/23/2014Service was good but the food was bad enough that I complained. For me that doesn't happen very often but the prime rib that was $22 was very tuff and dry. That is not acceptable when paying above prices for a good meal.Special Features:
- okayjeffy67Dined on 7/21/2014a mixed review- appetizers were really good(flatbread pizza) service was good--- entree was terrible(chicken fried steak)
- DebbieDined on 7/12/2014Poor location, out-dated decor, and very dark inside. Cocktails were weak and the food was bland with very little flavor. I will say the staff was friendly.
- FantasticMikeVIPDined on 7/3/2014We keep coming back because of the fantastic food and service! Alisha is the best server ever!Special Features:
- Wanted MoredelicioDined on 7/2/2014I had the catfish fillets. They were medium size. Wanted larger potions because the catfish was so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- last minute reservationcoopDined on 6/20/2014we had a great dinner and good service. would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Great MealsMikeVIPDined on 6/19/2014We know we will always get a great meal at Charleston's We always try to get Alicia as our server because she's the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great service.FoodfolksDined on 6/15/2014When my wife and daughter wanted to take me out to dinner to celebrate Fathers Day, Charleston's was the first place that entered my mind. We all enjoy ourselves every time we visit your restaurant. The food is always first class and the wait staff is second to none. Jason was our server Sunday and as is typical of your restaurant, we were well taken care of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- captconnoisseur1Dined on 6/13/2014potato soup excellent, bread pudding dessert excellent but a lil $, salads v.good, my prime rib cut disappointing and mediocre,...service was great,Special Features:
- Outstandinglovetoeatout2Dined on 6/6/2014Outstanding visit! Greeted warmly, had the reservation including a change, seated promptly. Server, Jason, did a great job and was efficient. Food was great tonite; we both had the short smoked salmon with rice and salad. We each had a glass of wine. We shared a brownie/ice cream dessert. We missed the little mints, but really a very nice visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak tips special was great!NjwatxVIPDined on 5/29/2014We arrived around 5:30 and were surprised how full it was, but quiet. Obviously at this hour it is popular with the older crowd (moi)! Prices were very reasonable and the food was good. the vegetables were not overcooked. We shared key lime pie that was very good, too. We would definitely return the next time we visit Indianapolis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElyfishnDined on 5/25/2014Great American fare restaurant. Comfortable seating with booths and tables. Separate bar area limits noise level so conversing is easy. Second time there and food was consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tilden1970Dined on 5/25/2014Serves one of the best side salads in Indianapolis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceskillfullfoodieDined on 5/16/2014Great food! Great service! Will definitely be going back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodGary9113VIPDined on 5/16/2014Food was good as usual.bmasked potatoes were dry but otherwise great food. I had pork chop. They were awesome. Wife had frien chickens salad and she was ever pleased. Friends had salmon. We don't eat salmon but they really enjoyed theirs. The carrots are best ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed FeelingBrendixieDined on 5/15/2014When we arrived they placed us in the bar and for normal dining, I wouldn't mind; however, it is loud in the bar and the booth width was very cramped. We were celebrating my moms bday and my brother couldn't sit comfortably in the booth. They did move us when a table was available into the dining area and it was much better and quiet. The waitress didn't enter our appetizer and the food arrived prior. If we hadn't pointed out, she wouldn't have realized. She was friendly, but over talked during our conversations and didn't listen well. My mother had bariatric surgery and I like smaller portions so we always split...Charlestons brings an extra plate for us to split. It's the small things that make a difference...food is always delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat disappointedNancyDined on 5/11/2014My husband and I had a reservation for Mothers Day lunch. As we got to the desk we were immediately asked if we would mind sitting in the Bar. We felt somewhat pressured to do so, and figured there was not room in the dinning area. We agreed to sit in the Bar but regretted that choice as it was noisy and lacked the ambiance of the dinning room. We noted that there obviously was plenty of space in the dinning area as many were seated there quickly after entering the restaurant. The food and service were fine but if we return we definitely will not sit in the bar area on a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServicePleasedDined on 5/9/2014Service was excellent and waitress was attentive to keeping me on schedule!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 117 reviews are from the Charleston's Restaurant - Castleton reviews archive.
- Very good foodaldewittDined on 5/3/2014We went with a 1 year old and four adults. The server took extra care with the 1 year old, and we all got food that was very tasty. Just so you will know, the pizza is the only true vegetarian entree (other than salads). Most every other main dish had meat (the pizza did too, but you could leave it off if you didn't want it). Other than having few vegetarian options, it was a very good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Northside Meeting PlaceHard2pleaseDined on 4/28/2014Easy to make a reservation on line. Table was ready when we arrived. Good service, nice menu, including gluten free, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service; Great foodWkienzVIPDined on 4/21/2014My first visit to this restaurant. Selected it mainly because it was in walking distance of my hotel. Had the tortilla soup and Champagne Chicken Salad. They were able to customize it; I requested they 86 the cheese. The dinner salad was excellent. I will have to visit again and try some of the other menu items.Special Features:
- Easter SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014The BBQ ribs were tender and the meat came eaisly off of the bone. The BBQ chicken had a lot of flavor, but could have used a little more sauce on it, but I understand why it did not so that people could sauce to taste. The pork chops were a little too dark on the outside,and the flavor was not as good as I have had before, The chops were tender,but the flavor was a little off. The bake potato was hot which is the way that I like it. My granddaughter's steak was cooked the way we ordered it, but even for a child's menu portion, the steak was very small. woulkd have liked to have had a bigger portion.,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ColtsDined on 4/20/2014This our second visit. We previously visited the Carmel location for the first time and found both restaurants to be great. The food is excellent as well as the reasonable prices. Jus wish there was a Charleston's on the Southside since we live near greenwood. Maybe you could a word in for this to your corporate!Special Features:
- Great food, service and atomshpiredinerDined on 4/16/2014Service was great, food was even better. Had the chicken marsala and it was the best in town. differently will be back.Special Features:
- Catching Up with friendsGramDined on 4/14/2014After dinner we were able to find a booth in the bar for an after dinner drink and catch up with our friends. Before we knew it more than an hour had gone away. It was a perfect place to catch up.Special Features:
- a nice experiencepj88Dined on 4/4/2014The food was very good. Our server did a nice job. The food was excellent. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/27/2014We had the Short Smoked Salmon (2 of us), Ribs N Chicken Combo and the Beef Tip special. The Baked Potato soup and the rolls are awesome! The salmon was cooked perfectly. The ribs and chicken (huge portion) -moist and tender & good flavor. The beef tips were very tender but not a fan of the sauce. A little over powering. We shared the Key Lime Pie - tart and refreshing & the bread pudding - AMAZING. They brought my husband a chocolate sundae with a candle in it for his birthday. Our waitress was attentive but not hovering (big plus). All in all a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceJudyVIPDined on 3/22/2014It was our first time there - food was excellent and the service was EXCELLENT - team approach. Anyone going by cleared the plates and brought food when ready!! ImpressiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Cosmo in IndymwbusinesstravelerVIPDined on 3/16/2014Ask for Andrew - he makes the best Cosmo in Indy!!!
- Prime Rib - YummOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/14/2014I have had the Prime Rib at Charlestons several times in the past and have always enjoyed it, but this time it was very very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Campers!PatdDined on 3/7/2014We enjoyed our visit to Charleston's last Friday night. We all had Catfish which was delicious. I also love their lunch of soup and salad. The food portions are good, the service is always good. It is just a delightful place to eat.Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphereGinaDined on 3/7/2014Using Open Table was a great experience to make reservations at Charleston's restaurant. We no sooner walked in the door and we were seated, our order was drink order was taken followed by dinner order. Reservations were for 6:20 and at 7:20 we were walking out the door to go home. Not too noisy, food was great and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service!MattDined on 3/1/2014Great food, great service! This was my first time going to Charleston's and I will definitely go back. Get the ribs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodSpeedocVIPDined on 3/1/2014We come here often. Always great food and outstanding service. Usually eat in bar area. This time seated in back room. Very noisy and music very loud but they lowered volume when we complained. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.