43 W 9th Ave
Denver, CO 80204Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.charcoaldining.com/
- Phone: (303) 454-0000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Mon-Thurs 5-9pm. Bar menu 9-10pm. Fri-Sat 5-11pm.
Lunch 11am-2pm Mon-Fri
Brunch: Sat-Sun 9am-2pm. Bar will stay open all day Sunday
Happy Hour: 4-6pm Daily
* Effective June 29
Open for Sunday dinner from 5-8pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Patrik Landberg
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We provide catering for central Denver private and business events. Please call 303.454.0000 or email email@example.com with catering requests.
- Special Events: We host private parties, wedding rehearsal dinners, graduations, reunions, holiday parties, business meetings, client presentations, networking events and other personal and business events. Please visit our website at www.charcoaldining.com or call 303.454.0000 to plan your event!
A word from Charcoal Restaurant
Critically acclaimed Charcoal Restaurant in the Golden Triangle near downtown Denver Colorado offers great food, atmosphere and service. Our contemporary European cuisine is created using both classic and innovative techniques. Our unique Bincho style grill ensures food cooks quickly while retaining the most flavor. Our custom designed wine dispenser allows guests to sample many wines by the glass from our carefully selected list. Vegetarian and gluten free options available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Charcoal Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
136 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (91)neighborhood gem (72)special occasion (47)good for groups (36)notable wine list (34)great for brunch (29)romantic (28)hot spot (17)great for lunch (16)great for outdoor dining (14)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good experienceMegDaveDineOutDined on 11/17/20145 of us dined on a less busy night- shared the mezz plate, truffle fries and Brussels. All were enjoyable even with all of our modifications! Entrees were delicious aside from the greens on the steak which tasted like raw horseradish, the portions were quite large as well which was nice for sharing. Highly recommend the duck entree with the risotto! Stellar! Desserts were also good- the apple dessert was a bit lack luster as far as apples, the chocolate was delicious and the PSL brûlée was a hit. Service was interesting but it was a slow night so maybe that is why.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit...I'm impressedHarrylVIPDined on 11/15/2014We had heard about this restaurant for a long time. Sure glad we went! Fun, lively place with excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/14/2014Great food and great service... couldnt have asked for a better experience for a first date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dynomite people watching and fine diningDenverdivaDined on 11/14/2014We went Friday. I was lucky to get a reservation. The place was packed. Several local celebs were dining. The salmon appetizer is to die for. Beautiful food and tasty. I'd recommend this places for a special date night. The chef is a perfectionist. It is especially nice to know Charcoal is locally owned. Chains can be boring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Watch the draftSteveVIPDined on 11/14/2014We were at first seated in a booth in front of a [covered] window. The women wanted to put on their coats the draft was so cold. Waiter moved us to an adjacent booth that had no window behind it and all was well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServicejohanDined on 11/11/2014Everything at Charcoal was tremendous but what stood out the most was our server. His name was Carlos and he did a superb job. I'll go back not only for the food and ambiance but for Carlos.Special Features:
- CharcoalFleenorVIPDined on 11/8/2014We thought the food was very creative and very, very good. We will definitely go back!!Special Features:
- JerryVIPDined on 11/8/2014I have eaten at Charcoal twiics last week and bothtimes the service, food,,,,,,everything about experiences were excellent. Servers: Keith and Carlos are outstanding servers and made excellent information about the different itmes that we inquired about. jmccSpecial Features:
- Neighborhood treatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014My wife and I enjoyed this great little find off of Bannock and 9th where we celebrated our anniversary. The menu celebrates sustainable foods and the wine list is superb. Our server was fantastic, the apps were very well done, and our meal was incredible. Definitely a must visit for those looking for a bit of excellence off the beaten path!Special Features:
- Great foodct789Dined on 11/1/2014Everything we ordered this past weekend was great down to dessert, really enjoyed the food and service was great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/31/2014My husband and I had the pleasure of having dinner on Halloween. Our entire experience was fabulous - from when we walked into the door-greeted by the owner, our waiter - ? Antonio, the food-duck and bass and ambience made for a very memorable evening. Both of us left feeling like we were treated like special guests. We can't wait to come back and try something new.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place in Golden TriangleDLittmanVIPDined on 10/31/2014We have had dinner, brunch and most recently lunch at Charcoal. The décor is very attractive. Service is attentive. There are some unique items on the menu. My wife raved about the Arctic Char. The bacon wrapped dates were outstanding. The blueberry lemonade is quite tasty. We were there to celebrate a co-worker's 19th year with our firm. It was a great place to have a business luncheon. We will be back.Special Features:
- 30th Birthday dinneregreendinerDined on 10/28/2014Perfect place for dinner for 5, age 30-64! We thoroughly enjoyed it and happy to find a place large enough to take a table for 5 at late notice yet intimate enough for a lovely dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 10/26/2014Smoked salmon, venison carpaccio, mussels, arctic char, bison burger were superb. Beignets were outstanding. My wife had a glass of wine, which finished the bottle. the gas was only half full. Charcoal had no more bottles of this wine. The glass was complementary. Waitress was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentWonderfulFoodDined on 10/24/2014I love this restaurant. The service is impeccable and the food is delicious. You cannot go wrong with Charcoal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Artsy FindOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/24/2014What an odd location, but if you're anywhere near the ArtMuseum, Library, or Colo History Museum it's fabulous. The service is excellent and the menu is creative and delicious. My wife and I were on a date night and we could not have found a more wonderful spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food BUTOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/22/2014I enjoyed the range of food flavors but found the ambiance awkward. We were advised to purchase a wine by the glass which surprisingly was $15/glass without notice of its price. I was a wine steward for years. I found this bad form. Our server was VERY casual. The costs were higher than the value of the experience.
- skisavantDined on 10/20/2014my friends who eat out all the time had never been here. I looked at every menu of the top 25 list put out by 5280, but none could distract my laser focus on the brussel sprout appetizer the I have eaten as a main at Charcoal. needless to say, they loved the place and our meals were exceptional.Special Features:
- Nice FindTulsaHogFanDined on 10/15/2014We found Charcoal after another restaurant was full and we were very happy with our decision. The food was excellent (try the Brussels Sprout app). Wine selection was a little limited by the glass, but satisfactory. Everyone's main course was excellent as well.Special Features:
- MikemikeVIPDined on 10/11/2014Excellent food, great service with a very welcoming atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy HourCoGirlVIPDined on 10/8/2014Six of us stopped for Happy Hour before seeing the Chihuly exhibit at Denver Botanic Gardens. The HH menu is small but we all really enjoyed our choices. Highly recommend Charcoal for HH.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we had a wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014Our waiter was excellent. The food was delicious, we were treated very special. I am so glad we came to your restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice placeDougVIPDined on 10/5/2014We have been here a few times for brunch and dinner. The food is very good. The menu is creative with plenty of variety. It's a nice, comfortable yet upscale place.Special Features:
- Timing of entreesBobfitzjrDined on 10/4/2014Wine list a bit pricey but overall good. Main courses were brought out before the salad plates had been cleared, which should never happen.Special Features:
- Get the boothsusanatthecastleVIPDined on 10/4/2014My first time at charcoal was restaurant week a couple of years ago. I wasn't impressed. Too noisy! This time, we asked for a booth, a much more civilized option. The special pasta was really tasty, the lamb got raves from our friend, I loved the chicken liver mousse & the gazpacho was really tasty with almonds adding a nice crunch. My chocolate caramel creme was a hit.Special Features:
- DinnerHuntingtonDined on 10/3/2014We had a wonderful dinner for a special occasion we were celebrating. The staff took great care of us throughout meal, including a few unexpected and welcomed surprises. We would recommend going to this restaurant for dinner.Special Features:
- Great as usualAcedenverDined on 10/2/2014Predictably delicious food, peaceful ambiance, attentive service--we love it!Special Features:
- Delicious food!FoodieDined on 9/28/2014The food was fabulous as always. We enjoyed the gazpacho and crispy squash ravioli. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusieDined on 9/28/2014I was disappointed. Not nearly as good as previous times I have been there. My main complaint is that the food was cold. Even the coffee. I doubt if I will go back again.Special Features:
- too expensiveelgieVIPDined on 9/27/2014I ordered the vegetarian option - got two fried ravioli. Did not know it was going to be fried, and did not expect such a small serving for the price. Disappointed in the vegetarian selection (or lack thereof)
- Good small platesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014As a group of four we shared several small plates. Very good.Special Features:
- My Go To (GT) Spot!Mprice1515VIPDined on 9/24/2014I have found my new "go to" restaurant. For lunch the close proximity to downtown is key. Atmosphere: business w/out a feeling of being stuffy or too casual. Service: Exceptional & friendly. Good balance of attentive w/out being intrusive. Food fav's: Menu is creative, vibrant, comfortable.My "GT" favorites french fries, bacon wrapped dates, grilled Brussels spouts & Roasted Candy-Striped Beet Salad. Lunch: Idaho Rainbow Trout “Plancha” asparagus, baby fingerlings, gribiche & Pan Roasted Gold Canyon Flat Iron Steak. Dinner "GT", do not pass up: 28-Day Dry-Aged Sirloin* and Boneless Short Rib & my all time favorite is the local Free Range Chicken "Saltimbocca". Get there. Eat there and I bet you'll add Charcoal to your GT list as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- missing ingredientfoodieVIPDined on 9/21/2014have been many times. This time for brunch, the fruit was left out of the dish, even though it listed it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014We had brunch last Sunday. They offer a menu brunch. It was our first time there. We ate on the patio & had great service even though we were the only people outside. The food was good & there were plenty of choices. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tastyOutstandinDined on 9/20/2014The food was very tasty and i particularly liked the smoked salmon. Also the drinks were good and the dessert creative and excellent. I liked the decor and the availability of a valet. We were both impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in the Golden TriangleBobInDenverDined on 9/14/2014We went to Charcoal for dinner after a Sunday matinée performance at nearby Curious Theatre. At 5 pm, there was only one other party; by the time we left nearly 3 hours later, there were about 8 occupied tables. I am not sure if Sundays are always that slow, but it did mean a lot of personal attention. Our server took lots of time to handle our peculiar dietary requirements. He kept us up to date on the changes the kitchen made to avoid our allergies. The food was delicious, but with a couple glasses of wine each, the bill was a bit more than we usually spend for Sunday dinner. We'll be going back, but probably not until a special occasion. Or, possibly for before the theater - the brunch menu looks excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for brunchMrsTDined on 9/13/2014Short menu, but the food was good, service very prompt and friendly. The restaurant was very quiet as only a few tables were occupied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- short cab from convention centerFtekDined on 9/11/2014If your downtown at convention center and all the expensive local nice steak houses are booked. Go here! Jump in a cab for $5.00 and get a really fine meal, including aged steaks, lamb, and really good service. The food quality was fantastic. The chef is European and very good!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/10/2014We had not been to Charcoal for sometime and decided to stop in. We are glad we did. We ordered primarily from the appetizer section and were very pleased we did. Don't miss the Brussel sprouts they are fabulous and the salmon gravlox was divine. Save room for the beignets which are as good if not better that what you get at Cafe du Monde in New OrleansSpecial Features:
- Pjb1Dined on 8/30/2014Our service was not good, but they tried to make up for it. It was a bit too late for that.