11 S Delaware Ave
Yardley, PA 19067Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.charcoalbyob.com/
- Phone: 2154936394x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Tuesday - Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Global, International, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, View, Wheelchair Access
A word from Charcoal BYOB
Charcoal is a BYOB that boasts a modern American fare in a casual environment. We source the finest ingredients and believe in a healthy relationship with local farmers and purveyors, creating food which is thoughtful and precise. Our menu is a reflection of the season and how we feel at the moment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Charcoal BYOB - Best Restaurants in Yardley ›
Charcoal BYOB reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (50)fit for foodies (46)neighborhood gem (41)great for brunch (24)special occasion (20)romantic (19)great for lunch (16)good for groups (12)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Birthday LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2014Had never been here before - food was excellent! We will go back.Special Features:
- Another spectacular mealoldfoodieDined on 8/12/2014We loved the small plate choices, especially the octopus and squid. Pasta was excellent as well. I was surprised that the entree courses were so limited in number and that the fish offering was the most expensive.Special Features:
- Outstanding foodALFM2082VIPDined on 8/7/2014Even thought the menu was somewhat limited everything was delicious and we would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Excellent ExperienceBucksFoodieDined on 8/2/2014Charcoal continues to build on its track record of excellence. We shared many dishes and enjoyed all of them. The dessert donut is a showstopper in and of itself. Diners who might not venture outside Philadelphia or the Princeton/Lambertville area should venture over to Yardley and especially try to dine near sunset -- they won't be disappointed, either with the view or the food.Special Features:
- Top ChefJojoDined on 8/2/2014Going to Charcoal is my "Top Chef" experience. The plating is beautiful, and the food is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SoHo in YardleyMyrnakDined on 7/13/2014Charcoal continues to evolve into a fit for the fussiest foodies destination. Tony makes jam combinations like blueberry/chocolate and rhubarb and raspberry almost too good to waste on toast......cannot believe it's local to Yardley!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A True DelightCostumeCrazeeDined on 7/11/2014We discovered this restaurant about a month ago and have been now 3 times. The food is delicious. varied and interesting. Service is professional and restrained. We never felt rushed or ignored. It is BYOB so bring your favorite bottle or two. And leave room for the fresh donuts after.Special Features:
- AshleyDined on 7/11/2014We had an excellent dinner here. The chefs create a very interesting menu that my husband and I enjoy. We had the lobster and corn chow chow, BBQ grilled octopus, roasted broccoli, escargot and whole wheat pasta, and shrimp scampi with squid ink rigatoni. We also ordered the ice cream (PB&J and something with Jersey corn) and the budino for dessert (you can't go wrong with the donuts though!). All of the plates were delicious!! My only complaint would be that I don't think the roasted broccoli warranted a $9 price tag.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisedCUsoonDined on 7/5/2014I was delightfully surprised only to hear from my fellow guest that the meat was not what she expected. I enjoyed the evening and thank you for your hospitality.Special Features:
- Charcoal has a limited menuDanaDined on 7/5/2014The view is very nice, the restaurant is clean, the servers were curious. However the Large plate menu was very limited, one chicken, one fish and one pork meal. My husband was not happy with the choices on the menu, we left. WE did not taste the food, my food rating is based on the choices.Special Features:
- Excellent!FoodLuvrDined on 6/27/2014This was our second time going to Charcoal - the first time with a group of adult friends, this time with our teenaged children. Both times we found that the food is more than just food - it's an experience. Different favors that aren't usually on a typical menu, great flavorful combinations. I don't even think salt and pepper are on the table. We wouldn't have needed them if they were. Highly recommended for foodies and especially fun because we can bring our own wine so we also help shape the experience. Friends loved it, kids loved it. Can't wait to go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingAwesomeDined on 6/24/2014My wife and I found this gem, that looks over the Delaware. Staff is terrific and plates are wonderful. They do a very nice job on food presentation.Special Features:
- Great food with a modern twist!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/24/2014We have eaten at Charcoal several times since the conversion from Steaks & Things and have always been very happy - more like excited - about our meals. Not your standard fare as everything is stepped up to a higher level of taste and presentation. Excellent food, great views of the river and BYOB. For the quality, it's hard to beat.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceMSKLVIPDined on 6/21/2014This was our first visit to Charcoal. Even though it was a very limited menu, with fewer choices than presented online, we (4 of us) had a delightful dinner.. My husband and I ordered the Halibut, whichwas cooked precislely the way we ordered it and delicious. They were very acommodating to my husband's lactose intolerance and made sure his meal was prepared accordingly. My friend ordered the soft shell crabs, which she hadn't ever tried before and proclaimed them unique but very tastey. Our desserts, cinnamon sugared donuts and mason jar layered polenta pudding were to die for! The only complaint was that there were no dairy free dessert choices..The staff was friendly, polite and informative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great settingJeriGDined on 6/21/2014Very limited menu - the appetizers are expensive and very small. Would be nice if they could have offered some of the appetizers as an entree. Great views of the Delaware.
- Perfect brunch!missmissyDined on 6/15/2014we went to Charcoal for Fathers' Day Brunch/Lunch and it was perfect... Great table, nice view, delicious menu and the BEST cup of coffee in the area!Special Features:
- Delicous Food, Great AmbianceSuziDined on 6/14/2014Quiet, food delicious, try the hot chicken sandwich! Right on the river, very mellow and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentMachachaDined on 5/31/2014Consistently good. Never had a meal that didn't make me smile. As a BYOB, it is a pleasure to have exactly the wine we love. CheersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2014Inventive food. Knowledgeable staff. Great view. Nice table spacing.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinneradresserDined on 5/31/2014We recently celebrated our wedding anniversary at Charcoal BYOB. We had a wonderful corner window table with a stunning view of the river. But at Charcoal, the food is the star. We've never had anything that wasn't expertly prepared and creatively conceived. Thank you for another memorable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best kept secret in Bucks CountyChilimanDined on 5/31/2014Great food, wonderful service, and a nice atmosphere. Was recommended to us by well known chefs, Alex Talbot and Aki Kamozawa from the web site Ideas in Food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious!mmek11Dined on 5/23/2014Everything was amazing! I didn't want the meal to end! The English pea small plate was very flavorful and the pasta was light and satisfying. The portions were perfect too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014I'm never disappointed! The ambience, music, and good are amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieVIPDined on 5/23/2014The food was excellent and some of the dishes unusual. The doughnuts are superb.Special Features:
- BYOB = Bring Your Own Breaddinner42Dined on 5/17/2014Saturday night reservation,8PM, Charcoal BYOB has a nice view of the Delaware. Exterior not so pretty, interior nice decor, probably view more impressive earlier in the evening. There were 6 in our group, we asked for bread after ordering and were told by server (apologetically)that they had run out of bread because other diners had asked for seconds, FYI Cramers bakery is around the corner , maybe anticipate supply & demand! Appetizers and salads were good but tiny portions & not inexpensive. 3 of the group ordered Buffalo Chicken Pasta dish, had absolutely no chicken in any of the orders , $21 moderate portion but where was the chicken?Tip: Don't go hungry! Overall group gave Charcoal BYOB a 2.5 out of 5. Will absolutely not return!Special Features:
- Very TastyJoshPDined on 5/17/2014Even though the menu was short and to the point. Everything tasted great. Even got my mom to try Duck for her 1st time! The softshell crab was very good, just wished i had known about the green sauce in it i would've cut into the middle of it 1st to have that in every bite.Special Features:
- Hidden GemBucksFoodieDined on 5/16/2014Yardley might not have the depth of restaurant attractions the way Lambertville and even Princeton do, but Charcoal BYOB offers a great menu full of a lot of different tastes -- from a soft shell crab over pasta to roasted brussel sprouts and Korean BBQ octopus for appetizers. They make their own bread, too, and their own butter (which can be a showstopper in and of itself). The view of the Delaware River can be special at sunset, because the restaurant is elevated. This is just a terrific place.Special Features:
- Very NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Took my wife and mother for mothers day late morning breakfast. Everyone was pleasant, service and food was very good. Liked view of river and the specials we ordered were excitingly different and tasty.Special Features:
- Love Love LovePeggyDined on 5/9/2014This restaurant is my absolute favorite in the area. I can't get here enough and I have never had food or service that was any less fabulous.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/9/2014The food is always outstanding and they change their menu frequently so it makes it exciting as to what will be waiting for you when you arriveSpecial Features:
- Birthday dinneradresserDined on 5/7/2014We've just enjoyed another memorable evening at Charcoal. Everything is so thoughtfully and artfully prepared! Service is prompt but unobtrusive, the view is serene, but it's the food that shines. Eclectic and always tasty. Our compliments!Special Features:
- The following 26 reviews are from the Charcoal BYOB reviews archive.
- Great selection of eclecticcathyDined on 4/12/2014Great selection of eclectic American food. We loved it!Special Features:
- A favorite for usMachachaDined on 4/11/2014Charcoal BYOB is one of our favorite restaurants. We love the ability to bring our own wine, have amazing food, with beautiful views of the Delaware from this elevated restaurant. The chef owners are brothers, and are very inventive with their dishes. We have never had a bad meal there, and that speaks volumes about how much we enjoy this eating establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!EatingFunVIPDined on 4/11/2014Our first time dining at the restaurant and everything was delicious. We will definitely be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dinnerdndiciccoVIPDined on 4/3/2014Wonderful, inventive dinner. Very much fit for foodies. They focus on locally sourced ingredients. Do not miss the brioche doughnuts for dessert.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go againPickyEaterDined on 4/2/2014Been going there for breakfast for a few years and beer made it for dinner despite many people recommending it. Finally pulled the trigger and it was incredible. Decided to be adventurous and order things I wouldn't normally. Pigs face appetizer was delish. Don't worry. Doesn't come out as an actual pigs face although that would've been hilarious. Got a small pasta dish that was decent. I don't really like pasta which is why I only say decent. Halibut covered in some kind of mushroom which I normally hate and it was incredible. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best brunch spotChiChiVIPDined on 3/30/2014Best brunch menu with huge portions. Their donuts are to dieeee for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemWeekendDinerDined on 3/29/2014We have often times tried unsuccessfully to get a reservation at Charcoal BYOB. It was always booked at the time we wanted so this time we dined earlier. It was worth the effort. The seating was immediate. The service was very good and the food was excellent. Our salads, Salt Roasted Celery Root, apple, walnuts, blue cheese, was wonderful and the main course even better. How can we top this, well with a desert. I had the Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut, bourbon caramel sauce. What a treat. You will enjoy your dinner here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentTopDog1VIPDined on 3/22/2014Dinner was wonderful..especially the Scallops which never.disappointsSpecial Features:
- Awesome Restaurant!jlb7465Dined on 3/19/2014We will definitely go again. The food was awesome and the view was spectacular. Also they were very accommodating of my wheat sensitivity and I had one of the best gluten free pastas I have ever had. My husband couldn't even tell the difference. My husband loved his home made doughnut for dessert. All in all a wonderful experience!Special Features: