11 S Delaware Ave
Yardley, PA 19067Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.charcoalbyob.com/
- Phone: 2154936394x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Tuesday - Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Global, International, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, View, Wheelchair Access
A word from Charcoal BYOB
Charcoal is a BYOB that boasts a modern American fare in a casual environment. We source the finest ingredients and believe in a healthy relationship with local farmers and purveyors, creating food which is thoughtful and precise. Our menu is a reflection of the season and how we feel at the moment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Charcoal BYOB - Best Restaurants in Yardley ›
Charcoal BYOB reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (60)scenic view (56)neighborhood gem (51)special occasion (27)great for brunch (24)great for lunch (18)romantic (16)kid-friendly (10)good for groups (10)hot spot (4)Show More
- Never disappointsPeggyDined on 10/18/2014Everytime I have a visitor from out of the area they always demand to go to Charcoal for dinner and I will never argue! Even if I was recently there. The food is always creative, prepared perfectly and delicious! I've even tried some foods I've refused to try in the past just because I know there is no way I wouldn't like it. From the chefs to the servers, this place is fabulous all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014The food keeps getting better all the time. The sweetbreads were the best I have had. This is our favorite restaurant in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SophisticatedTheABombDined on 10/17/2014Excellent, not the usual run-of-the-mill food is what this place is all about. The decor is a little austere, but the view of the river makes up for it. Been here several times and am never disappointed:definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- City-level cuisine in a small townOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014Wife and I dined there for her birthday. Very happy with all our choices: grilled octopus, braised pork shoulder (small plates), the tile fish, the roasted duck breast (large plates), and the chocolate mousse. The homemade sourdough bread was great, and the butter with it was at the proper room temperature. Got there too late to enjoy the river view, which must be great. The decor is minimal--could use some color for added warmth. The music was too obtrusive for my taste, but forgot about it once the food starting coming. All in all, a memorable meal. Will surely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charcoal BYOBWPDBucksVIPDined on 10/15/2014We did dinner tapas style, choosing from the small plates for both appetizers and main courses, which more than made up for the small number of choices for entrees. We also had several pastas, which continue to be one of the best aspects of the restaurant; the chicken noodle pho, beef and beer pasta, and the radiatore with pepperoni bolognese were all fantastic. Of course, we had to have the cinnamon doughnuts for dessert, which are freshly made to order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved it !!!JingleJenVIPDined on 10/12/20143 girlfriends from high school having brunch 40 years later. Love the fact that you can choose a 2-egg omelet vs a 3-egg. Perfectly prepared too We all created our own & shared a special of the day “pumpkin pancake with poached pear a top” along with turkey bacon. Excellent sized portions & bottomless coffee. Fruit so very fresh is always pleasing. We will be back! Wonderful view of Delaware River – it’s nice to be elevated to the second floor. Thanks Charcoal!Special Features:
- great food, small menuOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014This was our first visit so we weren't sure what to expect. The food was outstanding and our waiter was very nice and really knew the dishes. The menu was small and a bit pricey so i would reserve this for a special occasion. Also the noise level at times made conversation difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something's missingDougDined on 10/11/2014The tables as the are, are fine for breakfast and lunch, but adding table cloths for dinner hours would class up the joint (equal to the prices, the napkins, the nice wine glasses etc.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice RestaurantwineanddineVIPDined on 10/8/2014I have eaten here several times in the past 20 years and this is a very good local find (especially with the recent changes). The food is much more inventive, 3 1/2 to 4 stars. The ambience is pretty plain, but the views of the river are very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsantemDined on 10/4/2014My husband and I go here because we want to see what the chefs have been working on. They never disappoint us. We had 36 hour braised pork shoulder that melted in our mouths, warm lobster over corn chow chow with a sweet and fresh taste for small plates. For dinner we had shrimp scampi over perfectly cooked black rigatoni and Rohan duck, which was perfectly cooked, crispy on the outside, but a nice med rare on the inside. Yum! Even though we were full, we had to order dessert. Their donuts are a must, we also tried the Budini, a layered custard type dessert. Also, the service was exceptional. Everyone works together to assure guests are well taken care of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Amazing!luvgoodeatsDined on 10/2/2014We can't say enough about our meal, There wasn't anything that we weren't completely satisfied with, each dish was amazing. We've never been disappointed in anything we've eaten here. The Duck was cooked to perfection, the Fried Chicken delightful and the pepperoni bolognese pasta dish is to die for! You have a river view, soft music playing in the background and attentive service...it makes for a perfect night out. Don't forget to save room for dessert! You must try at least one of the truly amazing desserts on the menuSpecial Features:
- My #1 ChoicemcarterDined on 10/1/2014At the risk of making it harder to get a reservation, Charcoal is by far the best restaurant in the area and our #1 choice for a special celebration, romantic night out, or when we deserve it. The amazing combinations of fresh and home made ingredients and the attention to preparing each dish that comes to the table makes Charcoal a special night every time. Charcoal has turned our 3 teens into true foodies - what 16 yr old say I love the brussel sprouts?! And the staff are so welcoming & attentive - you are never rushed! And the 3 guys in the back are fun to watch - you know they love what they are doing and it shows in the food they prepare!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!LPT27Dined on 9/26/2014we've been to Charcoal several times and have never been disappointed. Everything is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UniqueSweetCBDined on 9/26/2014First, get a table next to a window to view the river. Then scan the menu that has an unique variety of food as well as small and large portions. Our server was quite knowledgeable about how dishes were prepared and also recommended the 36hr. pork, which was delicious! For a yummy fall dessert, get the doughnuts to share. This was my first time here and will not be my last.Special Features:
- UnusualdwrdinerVIPDined on 9/19/2014Tapas style menu quite extensive. Nothing very special but nevertheless acceptable quality food. Have an unusual seating policy. There are windows overlooking river with tables of four or six alongside. We were shown to a table on the inside away from windows. Requested window seat where only two tables with two people at each were occupied. We were very rudely told by hostess that these were all reserved (which needed to be done when making reservation) and if the inside table was unacceptable we could leave. We decided to stay and were treated very well by wait staff person. At end of our dining, half of the window tables were still unoccupied as was the balance of the restaurant. Unusual for a Friday night in this area.Special Features:
- Delightful breakfastJoanVIPDined on 9/7/2014Great view of the Delaware with wonderful food, prepared and served nicely. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Always Amazing Food - TOO LOUD!AraffleDined on 9/6/2014We had another in a line of great meals at Charcoal on Saturday night. The food and service are amazing and worth seeking out. The dining room is one open space and tends to be loud. Combine that with a large party that had no regard for other diners and you had a noise level that required shouting.Special Features:
- Great for dinner!WPDBucksVIPDined on 8/30/2014Creative and eclectic menu. Pastas were outstanding (we had the wheat shells with escargot and the radiatori with pepperoni sauce). Flap steak with gnocchi and chorizo sauce, and the lobster with tomato salad were great. Cinnamon donuts for dessert were fantastic, as was the toasted marshmallow ice cream.Special Features:
- Good view, nice mealafbfDined on 8/29/2014for years this was the go to family or inexpensive date night place. when they rebuilt after the river flood, they went to a more upscale menu. the food definitely has gone up a number of notches, but the service continues to lag. very pleasant but not in keeping with the menu. But the view is beautiful and very peaceful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently impressedBellaDined on 8/28/2014Love this local gem! Some of the enjoyment of the Charcoal experiencing the creative pairings the chefs develop...while still have the 'comfort' of their classics (fried chicken and donuts!!!). THE waiter is consistently knowledgeable and gives descriptions of the food that selection decisions are tough!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2014Running out of food? One of their main reasons I went is try hamburger. They ran out of hamburger, and many other things that their noted for in their reviews. They claimed it was due to restaurant week. Order accordingly!
- food terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014The portions were laughable, and the actual food they did give you wasnt very good. Service was exceptionally slow. I just moved into yardley borough and will never go back to that restaurant. Menu is small and very odd. Restauraunt week menu was terrible and overpriced.
- execptional flavorshappydinerDined on 8/23/2014My dining companions and I sampled a wide selection of small plates, entrees and deserts. Everything that came to our table was superb. The food was creative without being pretentious. Too many chefs sacrifice great taste to the dubious goal of being "different" or "cutting edge." Charcoal's chefs create food that is indeed far beyond the "same old thing," but also tastes wonderful, pleasing both the adults at the table and my usually less-than-adventurous thirteen year old son.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!BargainDined on 8/21/2014Casual ambiance with great river views. Outstanding food!! Probably the best food at a moderate price we have ever had. BYOBSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Go-To SpotRiver19Dined on 8/19/2014We love this restaurant. The chefs are so creative and the food is so good. We know we will always have a delicious meal. It's a BYOB which is great. The small plates are always a nice variety with the octopus being a favorite. Other favorites are any of the pastas, the fried chicken and the whipped potatoes that accompany it, and the desserts.Special Features:
- Birthday LunchShellyDined on 8/17/2014Had never been here before - food was excellent! We will go back.Special Features:
- ROXXVIPDined on 8/17/2014Great place for breakfast and lunch overlooking the Delaware River.Special Features:
- Another spectacular mealoldfoodieDined on 8/12/2014We loved the small plate choices, especially the octopus and squid. Pasta was excellent as well. I was surprised that the entree courses were so limited in number and that the fish offering was the most expensive.Special Features:
- Outstanding foodALFM2082VIPDined on 8/7/2014Even thought the menu was somewhat limited everything was delicious and we would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Excellent ExperienceBucksFoodieVIPDined on 8/2/2014Charcoal continues to build on its track record of excellence. We shared many dishes and enjoyed all of them. The dessert donut is a showstopper in and of itself. Diners who might not venture outside Philadelphia or the Princeton/Lambertville area should venture over to Yardley and especially try to dine near sunset -- they won't be disappointed, either with the view or the food.Special Features:
- Top ChefJojoDined on 8/2/2014Going to Charcoal is my "Top Chef" experience. The plating is beautiful, and the food is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SoHo in YardleyMyrnakVIPDined on 7/13/2014Charcoal continues to evolve into a fit for the fussiest foodies destination. Tony makes jam combinations like blueberry/chocolate and rhubarb and raspberry almost too good to waste on toast......cannot believe it's local to Yardley!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A True DelightCostumeCrazeeDined on 7/11/2014We discovered this restaurant about a month ago and have been now 3 times. The food is delicious. varied and interesting. Service is professional and restrained. We never felt rushed or ignored. It is BYOB so bring your favorite bottle or two. And leave room for the fresh donuts after.Special Features:
- AshleyDined on 7/11/2014We had an excellent dinner here. The chefs create a very interesting menu that my husband and I enjoy. We had the lobster and corn chow chow, BBQ grilled octopus, roasted broccoli, escargot and whole wheat pasta, and shrimp scampi with squid ink rigatoni. We also ordered the ice cream (PB&J and something with Jersey corn) and the budino for dessert (you can't go wrong with the donuts though!). All of the plates were delicious!! My only complaint would be that I don't think the roasted broccoli warranted a $9 price tag.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisedCUsoonDined on 7/5/2014I was delightfully surprised only to hear from my fellow guest that the meat was not what she expected. I enjoyed the evening and thank you for your hospitality.Special Features:
- Charcoal has a limited menuDanaDined on 7/5/2014The view is very nice, the restaurant is clean, the servers were curious. However the Large plate menu was very limited, one chicken, one fish and one pork meal. My husband was not happy with the choices on the menu, we left. WE did not taste the food, my food rating is based on the choices.Special Features:
- Excellent!FoodLuvrDined on 6/27/2014This was our second time going to Charcoal - the first time with a group of adult friends, this time with our teenaged children. Both times we found that the food is more than just food - it's an experience. Different favors that aren't usually on a typical menu, great flavorful combinations. I don't even think salt and pepper are on the table. We wouldn't have needed them if they were. Highly recommended for foodies and especially fun because we can bring our own wine so we also help shape the experience. Friends loved it, kids loved it. Can't wait to go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingAwesomeVIPDined on 6/24/2014My wife and I found this gem, that looks over the Delaware. Staff is terrific and plates are wonderful. They do a very nice job on food presentation.Special Features:
- Great food with a modern twist!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/24/2014We have eaten at Charcoal several times since the conversion from Steaks & Things and have always been very happy - more like excited - about our meals. Not your standard fare as everything is stepped up to a higher level of taste and presentation. Excellent food, great views of the river and BYOB. For the quality, it's hard to beat.Special Features:
- The following 44 reviews are from the Charcoal BYOB reviews archive.
- Great ExperienceMSKLVIPDined on 6/21/2014This was our first visit to Charcoal. Even though it was a very limited menu, with fewer choices than presented online, we (4 of us) had a delightful dinner.. My husband and I ordered the Halibut, whichwas cooked precislely the way we ordered it and delicious. They were very acommodating to my husband's lactose intolerance and made sure his meal was prepared accordingly. My friend ordered the soft shell crabs, which she hadn't ever tried before and proclaimed them unique but very tastey. Our desserts, cinnamon sugared donuts and mason jar layered polenta pudding were to die for! The only complaint was that there were no dairy free dessert choices..The staff was friendly, polite and informative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.