11 S Delaware Ave
Yardley, PA 19067Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.charcoalbyob.com/
- Phone: 2154936394x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Tuesday - Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Global, International, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, View, Wheelchair Access
A word from Charcoal BYOB
Charcoal is a BYOB that boasts a modern American fare in a casual environment. We source the finest ingredients and believe in a healthy relationship with local farmers and purveyors, creating food which is thoughtful and precise. Our menu is a reflection of the season and how we feel at the moment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Charcoal BYOB - Best Restaurants in Yardley ›
Charcoal BYOB reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (51)fit for foodies (50)neighborhood gem (44)great for brunch (25)special occasion (22)romantic (18)great for lunch (16)good for groups (9)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (5)late-night find (1)Show More
- Delightful breakfastJoanVIPDined on 9/7/2014Great view of the Delaware with wonderful food, prepared and served nicely. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Always Amazing Food - TOO LOUD!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014We had another in a line of great meals at Charcoal on Saturday night. The food and service are amazing and worth seeking out. The dining room is one open space and tends to be loud. Combine that with a large party that had no regard for other diners and you had a noise level that required shouting.Special Features:
- Great for dinner!WPDBucksVIPDined on 8/30/2014Creative and eclectic menu. Pastas were outstanding (we had the wheat shells with escargot and the radiatori with pepperoni sauce). Flap steak with gnocchi and chorizo sauce, and the lobster with tomato salad were great. Cinnamon donuts for dessert were fantastic, as was the toasted marshmallow ice cream.Special Features:
- Good view, nice mealafbfDined on 8/29/2014for years this was the go to family or inexpensive date night place. when they rebuilt after the river flood, they went to a more upscale menu. the food definitely has gone up a number of notches, but the service continues to lag. very pleasant but not in keeping with the menu. But the view is beautiful and very peaceful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently impressedBellaDined on 8/28/2014Love this local gem! Some of the enjoyment of the Charcoal experiencing the creative pairings the chefs develop...while still have the 'comfort' of their classics (fried chicken and donuts!!!). THE waiter is consistently knowledgeable and gives descriptions of the food that selection decisions are tough!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2014Running out of food? One of their main reasons I went is try hamburger. They ran out of hamburger, and many other things that their noted for in their reviews. They claimed it was due to restaurant week. Order accordingly!
- food terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014The portions were laughable, and the actual food they did give you wasnt very good. Service was exceptionally slow. I just moved into yardley borough and will never go back to that restaurant. Menu is small and very odd. Restauraunt week menu was terrible and overpriced.
- execptional flavorshappydinerDined on 8/23/2014My dining companions and I sampled a wide selection of small plates, entrees and deserts. Everything that came to our table was superb. The food was creative without being pretentious. Too many chefs sacrifice great taste to the dubious goal of being "different" or "cutting edge." Charcoal's chefs create food that is indeed far beyond the "same old thing," but also tastes wonderful, pleasing both the adults at the table and my usually less-than-adventurous thirteen year old son.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!BargainDined on 8/21/2014Casual ambiance with great river views. Outstanding food!! Probably the best food at a moderate price we have ever had. BYOBSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Go-To SpotRiver19Dined on 8/19/2014We love this restaurant. The chefs are so creative and the food is so good. We know we will always have a delicious meal. It's a BYOB which is great. The small plates are always a nice variety with the octopus being a favorite. Other favorites are any of the pastas, the fried chicken and the whipped potatoes that accompany it, and the desserts.Special Features:
- Birthday LunchShellyDined on 8/17/2014Had never been here before - food was excellent! We will go back.Special Features:
- ROXXVIPDined on 8/17/2014Great place for breakfast and lunch overlooking the Delaware River.Special Features:
- Another spectacular mealoldfoodieDined on 8/12/2014We loved the small plate choices, especially the octopus and squid. Pasta was excellent as well. I was surprised that the entree courses were so limited in number and that the fish offering was the most expensive.Special Features:
- Outstanding foodALFM2082VIPDined on 8/7/2014Even thought the menu was somewhat limited everything was delicious and we would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Excellent ExperienceBucksFoodieDined on 8/2/2014Charcoal continues to build on its track record of excellence. We shared many dishes and enjoyed all of them. The dessert donut is a showstopper in and of itself. Diners who might not venture outside Philadelphia or the Princeton/Lambertville area should venture over to Yardley and especially try to dine near sunset -- they won't be disappointed, either with the view or the food.Special Features:
- Top ChefJojoDined on 8/2/2014Going to Charcoal is my "Top Chef" experience. The plating is beautiful, and the food is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SoHo in YardleyMyrnakDined on 7/13/2014Charcoal continues to evolve into a fit for the fussiest foodies destination. Tony makes jam combinations like blueberry/chocolate and rhubarb and raspberry almost too good to waste on toast......cannot believe it's local to Yardley!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A True DelightCostumeCrazeeDined on 7/11/2014We discovered this restaurant about a month ago and have been now 3 times. The food is delicious. varied and interesting. Service is professional and restrained. We never felt rushed or ignored. It is BYOB so bring your favorite bottle or two. And leave room for the fresh donuts after.Special Features:
- AshleyDined on 7/11/2014We had an excellent dinner here. The chefs create a very interesting menu that my husband and I enjoy. We had the lobster and corn chow chow, BBQ grilled octopus, roasted broccoli, escargot and whole wheat pasta, and shrimp scampi with squid ink rigatoni. We also ordered the ice cream (PB&J and something with Jersey corn) and the budino for dessert (you can't go wrong with the donuts though!). All of the plates were delicious!! My only complaint would be that I don't think the roasted broccoli warranted a $9 price tag.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisedCUsoonDined on 7/5/2014I was delightfully surprised only to hear from my fellow guest that the meat was not what she expected. I enjoyed the evening and thank you for your hospitality.Special Features:
- Charcoal has a limited menuDanaDined on 7/5/2014The view is very nice, the restaurant is clean, the servers were curious. However the Large plate menu was very limited, one chicken, one fish and one pork meal. My husband was not happy with the choices on the menu, we left. WE did not taste the food, my food rating is based on the choices.Special Features:
- Excellent!FoodLuvrDined on 6/27/2014This was our second time going to Charcoal - the first time with a group of adult friends, this time with our teenaged children. Both times we found that the food is more than just food - it's an experience. Different favors that aren't usually on a typical menu, great flavorful combinations. I don't even think salt and pepper are on the table. We wouldn't have needed them if they were. Highly recommended for foodies and especially fun because we can bring our own wine so we also help shape the experience. Friends loved it, kids loved it. Can't wait to go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingAwesomeDined on 6/24/2014My wife and I found this gem, that looks over the Delaware. Staff is terrific and plates are wonderful. They do a very nice job on food presentation.Special Features:
- Great food with a modern twist!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/24/2014We have eaten at Charcoal several times since the conversion from Steaks & Things and have always been very happy - more like excited - about our meals. Not your standard fare as everything is stepped up to a higher level of taste and presentation. Excellent food, great views of the river and BYOB. For the quality, it's hard to beat.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceMSKLVIPDined on 6/21/2014This was our first visit to Charcoal. Even though it was a very limited menu, with fewer choices than presented online, we (4 of us) had a delightful dinner.. My husband and I ordered the Halibut, whichwas cooked precislely the way we ordered it and delicious. They were very acommodating to my husband's lactose intolerance and made sure his meal was prepared accordingly. My friend ordered the soft shell crabs, which she hadn't ever tried before and proclaimed them unique but very tastey. Our desserts, cinnamon sugared donuts and mason jar layered polenta pudding were to die for! The only complaint was that there were no dairy free dessert choices..The staff was friendly, polite and informative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great settingJeriGDined on 6/21/2014Very limited menu - the appetizers are expensive and very small. Would be nice if they could have offered some of the appetizers as an entree. Great views of the Delaware.
- Perfect brunch!missmissyDined on 6/15/2014we went to Charcoal for Fathers' Day Brunch/Lunch and it was perfect... Great table, nice view, delicious menu and the BEST cup of coffee in the area!Special Features:
- Delicous Food, Great AmbianceSuziDined on 6/14/2014Quiet, food delicious, try the hot chicken sandwich! Right on the river, very mellow and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentMachachaDined on 5/31/2014Consistently good. Never had a meal that didn't make me smile. As a BYOB, it is a pleasure to have exactly the wine we love. CheersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2014Inventive food. Knowledgeable staff. Great view. Nice table spacing.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinneradresserDined on 5/31/2014We recently celebrated our wedding anniversary at Charcoal BYOB. We had a wonderful corner window table with a stunning view of the river. But at Charcoal, the food is the star. We've never had anything that wasn't expertly prepared and creatively conceived. Thank you for another memorable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best kept secret in Bucks CountyChilimanDined on 5/31/2014Great food, wonderful service, and a nice atmosphere. Was recommended to us by well known chefs, Alex Talbot and Aki Kamozawa from the web site Ideas in Food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious!mmek11Dined on 5/23/2014Everything was amazing! I didn't want the meal to end! The English pea small plate was very flavorful and the pasta was light and satisfying. The portions were perfect too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014I'm never disappointed! The ambience, music, and good are amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieVIPDined on 5/23/2014The food was excellent and some of the dishes unusual. The doughnuts are superb.Special Features:
- The following 33 reviews are from the Charcoal BYOB reviews archive.
- BYOB = Bring Your Own Breaddinner42Dined on 5/17/2014Saturday night reservation,8PM, Charcoal BYOB has a nice view of the Delaware. Exterior not so pretty, interior nice decor, probably view more impressive earlier in the evening. There were 6 in our group, we asked for bread after ordering and were told by server (apologetically)that they had run out of bread because other diners had asked for seconds, FYI Cramers bakery is around the corner , maybe anticipate supply & demand! Appetizers and salads were good but tiny portions & not inexpensive. 3 of the group ordered Buffalo Chicken Pasta dish, had absolutely no chicken in any of the orders , $21 moderate portion but where was the chicken?Tip: Don't go hungry! Overall group gave Charcoal BYOB a 2.5 out of 5. Will absolutely not return!Special Features:
- Very TastyJoshPDined on 5/17/2014Even though the menu was short and to the point. Everything tasted great. Even got my mom to try Duck for her 1st time! The softshell crab was very good, just wished i had known about the green sauce in it i would've cut into the middle of it 1st to have that in every bite.Special Features:
- Hidden GemBucksFoodieDined on 5/16/2014Yardley might not have the depth of restaurant attractions the way Lambertville and even Princeton do, but Charcoal BYOB offers a great menu full of a lot of different tastes -- from a soft shell crab over pasta to roasted brussel sprouts and Korean BBQ octopus for appetizers. They make their own bread, too, and their own butter (which can be a showstopper in and of itself). The view of the Delaware River can be special at sunset, because the restaurant is elevated. This is just a terrific place.Special Features:
- Very NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Took my wife and mother for mothers day late morning breakfast. Everyone was pleasant, service and food was very good. Liked view of river and the specials we ordered were excitingly different and tasty.Special Features:
- Love Love LovePeggyDined on 5/9/2014This restaurant is my absolute favorite in the area. I can't get here enough and I have never had food or service that was any less fabulous.Special Features: