Charbonos - Avon
128 North State Road 267
Avon, IN 46123Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Charbonos - Avon
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.charbonos.com/
- Phone: (317) 272-1900
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thursday: 11 am – 10 pm
Friday – Saturday: 11 am – 11 pm
Sunday: 11:00 am – 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Eileen Liddy
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Cunningham Restaurant Group offers catering for events at any location. For more information on off-site catering and how we can assist you with your special event, please contact our Catering Director at 317-858-8100.
- Private Party Facilities: Let us handle the details and help you plan your special event at Charbonos. Our private dining room holds up to 55. You can choose from our custom menu or create your own selections - we have something for every taste and budget.
With our dedication to excellent service and unmatched atmosphere, you and your guests will enjoy an event to remember.
Contact Charbonos General Manager, Mark Mayer, for private party inquiries: 317-272-1900.
- Private Party Contact: Mark Mayer, General Manager 3172721900
A word from Charbonos - Avon
Part of the Cunningham Restaurant Group (CRG) family, Charbonos is located in Avon, Indiana. Named for an uncommon and delicious variety of grape found in California, Charbonos welcomes guests to the Tuscan countryside. You will find award winning entrees including: ample portions of salads, pastas featuring homemade sauces, tender steaks and wood-fired pizzas. Charbonos warm decor, fine cuisine and dedication to excellent service have made the restaurant a local and regional favorite for over 13 years.Continued
We look forward to serving you!
We look forward to serving you!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Charbonos - Avon - Best Restaurants in Avon ›
Charbonos - Avon reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (32)neighborhood gem (28)fit for foodies (22)good for groups (22)great for lunch (18)romantic (17)kid-friendly (13)great for brunch (8)notable wine list (4)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (1)Show More
- No place as consistently excellentEGFJVIPDined on 11/24/2014Service from waiter, Chris, outstanding but all servers work well in team. If indulging in chicken velvet soup this is the place! Excellent lunch selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It seems like they change the menuDebbieVIPDined on 11/22/2014There are items on the menu they took away that I would think would be a good seller. The ribs, capellini. I loved the chicken parmesan but they changed to the rosa red sauce. They've had this for several years, so they haven't changed that. Why did they remove the other items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a fan of recent changesmr7914VIPDined on 11/21/2014The menu has changed and I'm not a big fan of the changes. There have been recent changes to the decor and furnishings. Our booth was too tight. We felt like we were being squashed by the table. Truthfully, I got better fish at Red Lobster. I like Charbonos and will probably go back because it is so convenient for me, but I can just as easily go to dozens of other restaurants, enjoy my food more, and be more comfortable in my seat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New menu!OpentablefriendVIPDined on 11/21/2014We really enjoyed the hazelnut crusted chicken! The new menu has some interesting additions. Always excellent food. Our service was spectacular, food divine and coffee fresh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love2eatVIPDined on 11/21/2014great place for lunch with friends and family. great service from staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistentMikeVIPDined on 11/15/2014Always consistent for great good and service. Server was quick and efficient but didn't rush you through the meal. Our party of 3 had steaks and pasta, everyone was happy with their meals. Never had a bad experience. Like how a manager stops by to make sure your visit is going well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellent especially serviceEGFJVIPDined on 11/12/2014Why do we keep going back to Charbonos? Because they are consistent. Always outstanding service. Would love to see more sandwiches and lighter dining options late at night. No matter what salad we select it is always interesting and delicious. Strangely we often order the pizza. I need to remember to ask that the crust be crisp rather than limp as it usually is. Delicious calamari, great soup, outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you, Open TableOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/8/2014Without our OT reservation, we would have had to wait more than a half hour for a table. They were incredibly busy, which caused some problems in the kitchen and with serving, otherwise my rating would have been the usual superior.
- disappointed MikereallyhatebadserviceDined on 11/8/2014we were seated quickly but that is the only thing that was quick. I had to get a manager to get a waiter to wait on us.Many passed us by and worked hard at avoiding us. We were not given any specials, table next to us was, we waited for the food to get to us and it was cool and after we shoved our plates away we waited 15 minutes on the bill and I again had to get a manager to get us a bill. We over heard people next to us with the same problem. We told some friends about this and they had the same problem several months prior. Too bad as this could be a great little neighborhood hang out but the service is really really REALLY bad and it is very noiseySpecial Features:
- Excellent FoodPickyEaterDined on 11/7/2014The food was outstanding, especially the bread, and served very hot, enhancing the flavor, service was very friendly, but at times a little slow (had to wait for drink refills several times), but we understand that they were very busy, noise level was a little on the high side, definitely not for a romantic dinner, but the quality of the food and overall service made it an enjoyable dining experience. Plus, being able to reserve seating prior to arrival helped speed up the seating process to almost immediate seating. Definitely recommendable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising New AttitudeTable42Dined on 11/1/2014Love the new décor and we could feel the upbeat change in the servers demeanor. We brought the in-laws and had a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Elegant meal in Avon!OpentablefriendVIPDined on 10/18/2014Elegant meal, great service, nice ambiance. Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Food was great but service was slow that evening. We had to ask for bread, request for the check then wait again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014The food was amazing, and it was perfect for a date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinnerervin208Dined on 9/23/2014I chose Charbonos to celebrate my wife's birthday on a Tuesday night. The reservation process was easy and convenient. When we arrived we were seated promptly and courteously. We were greeted in the same manner by our server. He was very attentive throughout the evening and we were never at a point where we needed something and he wasn't there. Our drinks stayed full and our table was cleared of excess plates/glasses. The appetizer was the spinich artichoke dip. My wife ordered the filet and I ordered the sirloin. They came with sides consisting of baked potato and fruit for me and baked potato and caesar salad for my wife. While everything was good, nothing made us say, "Wow! This is great!" Overall a very good experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpentablefriendVIPDined on 9/7/2014Truly a local gem! Service was professional and attentive. Scaloppine chicken with asparagus and blue cheese potatoes was heavenly!Special Features:
- Wonderful!SteakLoverDined on 9/6/2014We only go to Charbono's now when we want a steak Food is consistently wonderful. Staff are friendly. Always a pleasant dining experience!Special Features:
- Love the pizzaEGFJVIPDined on 9/4/2014For a late night snack check out the appetizers, pizza, salads. MmmSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Excellent service, food, and price. Crab cakes are excellent.Special Features:
- Pizza? Yes!EGFJVIPDined on 8/27/2014Usually we think of Charbonos for a delicious dinner...rotisserie chicken, delicious beef dishes etc. however a quick thin crust pizza is outstanding. Service extremely attentive and genuineSpecial Features:
- Palate PleasingLissyKDined on 8/27/2014We often dine at Charbonos for special occasions and the food is always delicious. Our group of six all felt their meals were better than in the past. My husband is still commenting on how wonderful his steak was and the scallop dish I order just about every visit was superior. The chefs really know how to please our palates. Our server was fun, helpful, and efficient.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Great restaurant. Friendly and accommodating. We took our 6 year old granddaughter and she loved the restaurant. The waitress was very friendly to our granddaughter and made her feel important.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to spot in AvonDAC62Dined on 8/22/2014I travel frequently to Indianapolis and stay in the hotels near the Airport. Although it is a little bit of a drive, Charbonos is my go to place for dinner and drinks when I am in the area. It is easy to get to and I don't have to worry about the parking and traffic hassles of downtown.Special Features:
- Great DiningHungryDined on 8/16/2014We had 10 people. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding! The wait staff, especially our waiter, Alec, did a Great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not be back againInternationalTaster03Dined on 8/1/2014Went for my first time by recommendation from friends and was sadly disappointed. Most notable thing was the food. It was far from what I expected. My husband ordered the braised pork shoulder that didn't mention anything about it being pulled pork. So expecting a whole piece of meat he instead got a wet flavorless pile of soggy pork. The rest of the good was moderate at best not hardly worth the price and the menu bared striking resemblance to stone creek. Definitely will not be back again.
- The following 368 reviews are from the Charbonos - Avon reviews archive.
- Great for lunchOpentablefriendVIPDined on 7/29/2014Fabulous food, professional service, cloth napkins and entees available for $10 at lunch. Fabulous and pleasant. I highly recommend!Special Features:
- Best in the West (side of Indy)Kent46123Dined on 7/23/2014Wonderful dining in the western suburbs of Indianapolis. Charbono's is one of several restaurants owned by Cunningham Restaurant Group, and their menu's are all fairly similar. I dine there about once per month, so that demonstrates that it's worth going back. CRG restaurants make pretty good calamari, and I usually start with that. Steak cuts are wonderful, but always order a level more rare than what you really want. My dinner included a pair of filet medallions, requested as medium rare. One was medium, the other medium well. Eh. CRG restaurants offer Graeter's ice cream, which is wonderful and is served in a GENEROUS portion. (I also highly recommend their cream brulee!) CRG also offers a "frequent diner's card."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD TIMEFUNTIMEDined on 7/19/2014FOOD WAS GOOD VERY GOOD SERVER IT IS A LITTLE LOUDER THAN I WOULD LIKE ITS CONVENIENTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- big bpleasentDined on 7/19/2014blake our waiter was great. the only problem i had was, if you spend 20 or 30 dollars for a meal salad should be included.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedItjacksonDined on 7/18/2014We probably go to Charbonos 2-3 times a year. The last 2 times I have been, I must say that I have been disappointed with the quality of the dish we have come to love. My husband and I both ordered the Linguini Charbono which has been our favorite dish on the menu for a couple of years. The last two times we have ordered the dish, the sauce has been so runny that it doesn't stick to the pasta at all. It's VERY disappointing, especially since we look so forward to that dish when we dine at Charbonos. The service was great, so I was very satisfied with that.
- Always ReliableEGFJVIPDined on 7/15/2014When our work group of 8 has the chance to have lunch out we always discuss where to go and we always end up at Charbonos! Service is attentive, food delicious. Specials (lobster chowder) are always a nice surprise.Special Features:
- Keep going backSatedDined on 7/14/2014Our go to restaurant. Special occasions or just a night out this is worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentjetlaggedDined on 7/11/2014Charbono's is always reliable in service and quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dining experienceMandysgDined on 7/4/2014special kudos to our waiter, James. He was attentive (but not too!) knowledgeable, and fun to talk to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!spaceFoodieDined on 6/28/2014The service at the front desk and by the wait staff was excellent! They were pleasant, and quite professional. All the food items were good. I would recommend this place for a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Good dining experienceGoodfoodfinderDined on 6/27/2014Good food, outstanding service. Always enjoy having dinner here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place to eat.eaglelady26Dined on 6/21/2014We enjoy the food and atmosphere. We come here for small celebration of birthday,and anniversaries. The Prime Rib dinner was cooked perfect and I had leftovers to take home. The vegetables were tender and the bread with the mixed oil was great.Special Features:
- BOOTH AT THE BAR...QueenoftheWoodsFamDined on 6/20/2014Not as private as I would have liked. But the prime rib was ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL! Juicy, tender, seasoned...perfect! So glad that we came on prime rib special night!
- kiv5573Dined on 6/20/2014Lovely place, great food, service good but just so loud could not even have a conversation! The five of us sat at the booth at far end of room as you entered the door to the left, I believe there was a service area next to us, that was not the problem it was the noise of the entire place. Would recommend trying the lunch hour time slot to see if it was any quieter. I do want to come back and try some of the other dishes that looked so wonderful. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night!GoldiLocksDined on 6/15/2014Celebrated my birthday along with Father's Day. The food and the service were great, and we were seated right away. Sad that the wine selection had been updated, but I found a comparable alternate.Special Features: