Charbonos - Avon
128 North State Road 267
Avon, IN 46123Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Charbonos - Avon
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.charbonos.com/
- Phone: 3172721900
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thursday: 11 am – 10 pm
Friday – Saturday: 11 am – 11 pm
Sunday: 11:00 am – 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Eileen Liddy
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Cunningham Restaurant Group offers catering for events at any location. For more information on off-site catering and how we can assist you with your special event, please contact our Catering Director at 317-858-8100.
- Private Party Facilities: Let us handle the details and help you plan your special event at Charbonos. Our private dining room holds up to 55. You can choose from our custom menu or create your own selections - we have something for every taste and budget.
With our dedication to excellent service and unmatched atmosphere, you and your guests will enjoy an event to remember.
Contact Charbonos General Manager, Mark Mayer, for private party inquiries: 317-272-1900.
- Private Party Contact: Mark Mayer, General Manager 3172721900
A word from Charbonos - Avon
Part of the Cunningham Restaurant Group (CRG) family, Charbonos is located in Avon, Indiana. Named for an uncommon and delicious variety of grape found in California, Charbonos welcomes guests to the Tuscan countryside. You will find award winning entrees including: ample portions of salads, pastas featuring homemade sauces, tender steaks and wood-fired pizzas. Charbonos warm decor, fine cuisine and dedication to excellent service have made the restaurant a local and regional favorite for over 13 years.Continued
We look forward to serving you!
We look forward to serving you!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Charbonos - Avon - Best Restaurants in Avon ›
Charbonos - Avon reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (37)neighborhood gem (33)great for lunch (23)fit for foodies (23)romantic (20)good for groups (18)kid-friendly (17)great for brunch (5)late-night find (5)notable wine list (3)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Elegant meal in Avon!OpentablefriendVIPDined on 10/18/2014Elegant meal, great service, nice ambiance. Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Food was great but service was slow that evening. We had to ask for bread, request for the check then wait again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014The food was amazing, and it was perfect for a date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinnerervin208Dined on 9/23/2014I chose Charbonos to celebrate my wife's birthday on a Tuesday night. The reservation process was easy and convenient. When we arrived we were seated promptly and courteously. We were greeted in the same manner by our server. He was very attentive throughout the evening and we were never at a point where we needed something and he wasn't there. Our drinks stayed full and our table was cleared of excess plates/glasses. The appetizer was the spinich artichoke dip. My wife ordered the filet and I ordered the sirloin. They came with sides consisting of baked potato and fruit for me and baked potato and caesar salad for my wife. While everything was good, nothing made us say, "Wow! This is great!" Overall a very good experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpentablefriendVIPDined on 9/7/2014Truly a local gem! Service was professional and attentive. Scaloppine chicken with asparagus and blue cheese potatoes was heavenly!Special Features:
- Wonderful!SteakLoverDined on 9/6/2014We only go to Charbono's now when we want a steak Food is consistently wonderful. Staff are friendly. Always a pleasant dining experience!Special Features:
- Love the pizzaEGFJVIPDined on 9/4/2014For a late night snack check out the appetizers, pizza, salads. MmmSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Excellent service, food, and price. Crab cakes are excellent.Special Features:
- Pizza? Yes!EGFJVIPDined on 8/27/2014Usually we think of Charbonos for a delicious dinner...rotisserie chicken, delicious beef dishes etc. however a quick thin crust pizza is outstanding. Service extremely attentive and genuineSpecial Features:
- Palate PleasingLissyKDined on 8/27/2014We often dine at Charbonos for special occasions and the food is always delicious. Our group of six all felt their meals were better than in the past. My husband is still commenting on how wonderful his steak was and the scallop dish I order just about every visit was superior. The chefs really know how to please our palates. Our server was fun, helpful, and efficient.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Great restaurant. Friendly and accommodating. We took our 6 year old granddaughter and she loved the restaurant. The waitress was very friendly to our granddaughter and made her feel important.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to spot in AvonDAC62Dined on 8/22/2014I travel frequently to Indianapolis and stay in the hotels near the Airport. Although it is a little bit of a drive, Charbonos is my go to place for dinner and drinks when I am in the area. It is easy to get to and I don't have to worry about the parking and traffic hassles of downtown.Special Features:
- Great DiningHungryDined on 8/16/2014We had 10 people. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding! The wait staff, especially our waiter, Alec, did a Great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not be back againInternationalTaster03Dined on 8/1/2014Went for my first time by recommendation from friends and was sadly disappointed. Most notable thing was the food. It was far from what I expected. My husband ordered the braised pork shoulder that didn't mention anything about it being pulled pork. So expecting a whole piece of meat he instead got a wet flavorless pile of soggy pork. The rest of the good was moderate at best not hardly worth the price and the menu bared striking resemblance to stone creek. Definitely will not be back again.
- Great for lunchOpentablefriendVIPDined on 7/29/2014Fabulous food, professional service, cloth napkins and entees available for $10 at lunch. Fabulous and pleasant. I highly recommend!Special Features:
- Best in the West (side of Indy)Kent46123Dined on 7/23/2014Wonderful dining in the western suburbs of Indianapolis. Charbono's is one of several restaurants owned by Cunningham Restaurant Group, and their menu's are all fairly similar. I dine there about once per month, so that demonstrates that it's worth going back. CRG restaurants make pretty good calamari, and I usually start with that. Steak cuts are wonderful, but always order a level more rare than what you really want. My dinner included a pair of filet medallions, requested as medium rare. One was medium, the other medium well. Eh. CRG restaurants offer Graeter's ice cream, which is wonderful and is served in a GENEROUS portion. (I also highly recommend their cream brulee!) CRG also offers a "frequent diner's card."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD TIMEFUNTIMEDined on 7/19/2014FOOD WAS GOOD VERY GOOD SERVER IT IS A LITTLE LOUDER THAN I WOULD LIKE ITS CONVENIENTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- big bpleasentDined on 7/19/2014blake our waiter was great. the only problem i had was, if you spend 20 or 30 dollars for a meal salad should be included.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedItjacksonDined on 7/18/2014We probably go to Charbonos 2-3 times a year. The last 2 times I have been, I must say that I have been disappointed with the quality of the dish we have come to love. My husband and I both ordered the Linguini Charbono which has been our favorite dish on the menu for a couple of years. The last two times we have ordered the dish, the sauce has been so runny that it doesn't stick to the pasta at all. It's VERY disappointing, especially since we look so forward to that dish when we dine at Charbonos. The service was great, so I was very satisfied with that.
- Always ReliableEGFJVIPDined on 7/15/2014When our work group of 8 has the chance to have lunch out we always discuss where to go and we always end up at Charbonos! Service is attentive, food delicious. Specials (lobster chowder) are always a nice surprise.Special Features:
- Keep going backSatedDined on 7/14/2014Our go to restaurant. Special occasions or just a night out this is worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentjetlaggedDined on 7/11/2014Charbono's is always reliable in service and quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dining experienceMandysgDined on 7/4/2014special kudos to our waiter, James. He was attentive (but not too!) knowledgeable, and fun to talk to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!spaceFoodieDined on 6/28/2014The service at the front desk and by the wait staff was excellent! They were pleasant, and quite professional. All the food items were good. I would recommend this place for a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Good dining experienceGoodfoodfinderDined on 6/27/2014Good food, outstanding service. Always enjoy having dinner here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 357 reviews are from the Charbonos - Avon reviews archive.
- great place to eat.eaglelady26Dined on 6/21/2014We enjoy the food and atmosphere. We come here for small celebration of birthday,and anniversaries. The Prime Rib dinner was cooked perfect and I had leftovers to take home. The vegetables were tender and the bread with the mixed oil was great.Special Features:
- BOOTH AT THE BAR...QueenoftheWoodsFamDined on 6/20/2014Not as private as I would have liked. But the prime rib was ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL! Juicy, tender, seasoned...perfect! So glad that we came on prime rib special night!
- kiv5573Dined on 6/20/2014Lovely place, great food, service good but just so loud could not even have a conversation! The five of us sat at the booth at far end of room as you entered the door to the left, I believe there was a service area next to us, that was not the problem it was the noise of the entire place. Would recommend trying the lunch hour time slot to see if it was any quieter. I do want to come back and try some of the other dishes that looked so wonderful. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night!GoldiLocksDined on 6/15/2014Celebrated my birthday along with Father's Day. The food and the service were great, and we were seated right away. Sad that the wine selection had been updated, but I found a comparable alternate.Special Features:
- Crowd PleaserMandygoDined on 6/7/2014We were traveling with a large group of 14 people. I was concernd we wouldn't find somewhere that could accommodate us. We made reservations at Charbonos and they did an excellent job! I'm not sure I've ever had a large group handled so well. The staff was kind and quick. Our food even came out at the same time and was correct. (not always the case with a big group.) Our drinks stayed full. They didn't seem overwhelmed by us at all. The food was amazing! Everyone was very satisfied with their meals. (even the foodies with us...) We are still taking about it. Great experience! I would highly recommend Charbonos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't use the online menu!!not2happyDined on 6/6/2014Some things on the online menu isn't on the IN restaurant menu. Booked the reservation specifically because my son and I found something on the "Online Menu" that we wanted. Got to the restaurant ordered a glass of wine etc... and then went to order our dinner and the waiter said that they didn't have the entrees that we wanted. I pulled up the online menu and showed him the entrees. He said he would ask the manager.... He returned to tell me that the manager said that they couldn't make the entrées because they weren't on the menu anymore. EXTREMLY disappointed and not happy!!! If they are going to have an online menu, then they should update the website as often as they update their restaurant menu!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceCam3Dined on 5/23/2014Impossible to say which is better, the food or the service!! The staff is friendly and attentive. The food is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Char bongosCarlosDined on 5/23/2014The sound level was very high, food was mediocre, wait staff is pleasant but poorly trained.Special Features:
- Great Mother's DaykozmotacDined on 5/11/2014They had a nice brunch out, but we decided to order off the menu, as we like the options on there...Special Features:
- Just okokedokeyDined on 5/11/2014The buffet was tasty but nothing was hot. We were encouraged to get the buffet, we were not given menus until requested. The beef tips were actually COLD. Our 19 year old son lost his appetite due mostly to food temperature. He ate 1/2 a plate. Very disappointing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Made a reservation for mothers day brunch, we were 45 minutes late and expected to have to wait by that time. Getting there we were seated immediately. The food was phenomenal and we'll worth the price. I cut my prime rib with a fork and the salmon was incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ehh?BuzzardDined on 5/11/2014The food is very good and the service is OK, but there are way too many tables for the amount of space and the noise level was over the top. Granted, this was brunch on Mothers' Day. We may go back, but it will be during the week at 5:00.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014The food at Charbono's was great and service was amazing! Mother's Day was a busy day and that is understandable, but the seating was not comfortable at all and was very crammed in. Some tables had smaller chairs and had to be squeezed in where they really didn't fit well. Overall, was too noisy and crowded for my taste. Really enjoyed last year where we got to eat in a quieter room off the main buffet area.Special Features:
- Pricing Doesn't Equal QualityRythuMDined on 5/10/2014Ordered a ribeye & received an expensive piece of somewhat dry, tasteless meat.
- Anniversary dinnerMabelDined on 5/9/2014We were sat at a table in the bar which was very busy and very loud!! I couldn't tell you how many times someone's butt was right next to the table. We were there celebrating our wedding anniversary and it was not romantic at all. Food and service were great but atmosphere was awful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.