Char - Jackson
4500 Interstate 55 Frontage Road
Jackson, MS 39211Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Char - Jackson
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.charrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6019569562
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Paul Schramkowski
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Enjoy our fresh, hot meals delivered right to your door! Family style meals are available for groups of any size, and are ideal for family functions, business meetings, or any special event.
- Private Party Facilities: We will work with you to make your event the best it can be regardless of your budget parameters and group size. We have two meeting and event rooms for different scaled events. The small suite is located on the south side and accommodates up to 22. The larger of our two rooms will accommodate parties up to 45 with room for appetizer and cocktail stations. Many of our customers have found it the perfect venue for formal presentations. Customized menu service is available for groups of any size.
- Private Party Contact: Courtney Caldwell-Yarbrough 6019424999
- Entertainment: Part of our commitment to a total dining experience is our exceptional piano bar. We feature live music 7 days a week, and we also feature a jazz brunch on Sundays from 10:00am - 3:00pm.
- Special Events: Whether it's a business dinner for four or a cocktail party for forty, Char is your home for private dining functions. We will work with you to make your event the best it can be, regardless of your budget parameters or group size. Customized menu service, wireless internet, and A/V screen are all available at no extra charge. Contact us today, and allow our staff to provide you with an unforgettable event!
A word from Char - Jackson
Char restaurant offers modern Southern cuisine with distinct spirit and charm. Char offers great lunch specials during the week and a jazz brunch on Sunday. Our specialties include USDA Prime and Choice cuts of beef, veal and lamb, along with seafood and shellfish roasted to perfection. At Char we give you excellent service and food in a warm and entertaining atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Char - Jackson - Best Restaurants in Jackson ›
Char - Jackson reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (44)romantic (28)great for lunch (22)great for brunch (18)fit for foodies (18)neighborhood gem (15)good for groups (15)notable wine list (9)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (5)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Pretty goodSolomonDined on 9/16/2014I eat at Char about 2x per month, appetizers are always great, especially the spinach crisp. This time my fish special (tilapia) was a bit on the stringy side and did not have the normal flavor that I'm used to. Pecan pie is the best around, always my favorite desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Char on Sunday nightJimboVIPDined on 9/14/2014Nice place in a readily accessible location. The hostess thought it was more important to finish wiping a few menus before greeting us in a distracted way. Service was prompt and friendly. The steak was not as high a quality as the price was high. The cooking was spot on though. So my recommendation to a friend would be "nice place, but expensive for what you get".I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food and ServiceJazzyDined on 9/12/2014Food and service was outstanding the Filet was to die for.Special Features:
- Great lunchub001VIPDined on 9/8/2014Excellent place for lunch. Nice choice, Attentive waiters. High quality.Special Features:
- Outstanding Highly recommendRichdarDined on 9/2/2014Traveling from Dallas to Florida staying over Jackson. Saw excellent reviews on TripAdvisor made reservations on the road. Little out of way but Worth going to. Pleasantly greeted by Sloan our waiter great service. We shared Green Tomatoes appetizer. Split a delicious rib eye probably among Best ever!!! Gigantic wonderful sweet potato. Would gladly return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Place For Pork Chops!NavyDocDined on 8/29/2014Been here time after time and the quality of food never declines...... The Crab Claws are To Die For!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food and great wait staffRTSManagementDined on 8/27/2014Char is my favorite restaurant in Jackson. I am very comfortable recommending this restaurant to others and it is my go to restaurant for lunch or dinner with business associates and clients. In the past 3-1/2 years I have never been disappointed by the food selection, food preparation, and the wait staff. For a most enjoyable dining experience, I would unequivocally recommend Kevin who works during the day. I travel for business and pleasure and Kevin is one of the best waiters I have come across in the last 30+ years. At night time, I would recommend Michael. Michael is very knowledgeable about the wine list and remembers what I like to eat but also makes suggestions. Get the crab cake Benedict for Sunday brunch.Special Features:
- Director of PurchasingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/25/2014I dine at Char with Vendors and family frequently...this particular night I was with a vendor...the drinks took a good while to get...the Spinach appetizer was cold, the broccolini was cold...never had this occur before...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but expected more for the $$yumfoodDined on 8/23/2014Salad & BBQ Shrimp app was fine, but nothing spectacular. And I felt the same way about the filet. The best part of dinner was probably the apple crisp for dessert. With all the fantastic restaurants in Jackson, I doubt we'll be back here.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014Consistently delicious! Unfortunately our experience was dampened by the extremely loud table a few feet away. Wish someone could've spoken to them about their "celebration level". Otherwise, a perfect evening: wonderful cocktails (I recommend Mama's Secret), yummy food and a warm atmosphere.Special Features:
- A Great Place for LunchangieDined on 8/15/2014The waitstaff was very attentitive and friendly, the food was great. The wait times were very good given the crowd, and the open table seating was very accomodating. Will be dining here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's was goodSweeneyEsquireDined on 7/31/2014Great late lunch. didn't get any bread. sometimes they serve, sometimes they don'tSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeMsucarliannDined on 7/26/2014Chat was really great. The food was delicious and our server was very attentive and informative. I got the blackfish and my date got a filet. We both enjoyed the food. It was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodwhippettogetherDined on 7/25/2014So far I've never had a bad experience at Char, both the food, value and atmosphere are awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceGlow444Dined on 7/24/2014Had lunch with an out of town business associate who had never visited Jackson. The service was wonderful and the food was delicious. My business associate loved the food and complimented my choice of restaurants. Our waitress was very attentive and the food was served quickly.Special Features:
- good not mindblowingOpieDined on 7/23/2014I've ate at a lote of fine steak places all over the US. For Jackson, this place is nice......i've had betterSpecial Features:
- Birthday DinnerSunshine2DayDined on 7/21/2014Food is good, not kid friendly. Nothing special done for birthdays.Special Features:
- Char Dining Experiencegoodplaces2dineDined on 7/19/2014Food is prepared as ordered and is always tasty and with excellent presentation. Servers are always friendly and attentive. We keep going back because we know we will have good food and a great dining experience. We enjoy with friends and recommend it to others.Special Features:
- FabulousFoodieATheartDined on 7/19/2014I fell in love with this restaurant in one night. There was great service from the time I walked in till the moment I left. I had one of the more expensive entrees and it was worth every penny. The filet medium rare was phenomenal! The best steak I have ever had. I will be bring my date back here for sure!Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceEditDined on 7/18/2014We sat at the Chef table. A great evening! Would love to do it again if we are in JacksonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 7/5/2014Everything was great except for the rude hostess. It was like we were a burdon to her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodMurphDined on 7/5/2014Good food good service need I say more. Enjoyed our anniversary dinner there very muchSpecial Features:
- Another great business lunch.JBESQDined on 7/2/2014I brought a couple of potential clients here for lunch. The food and service were great (flawless). We were seated immediately and the food was served timely. I would definetly recommend Char for business lunch meetings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageGlmaDined on 6/29/2014We went on a Sunday evening. Our server informed us 3 entrees were not available and they ran out of the soup of the day. The fried green tomatoes were good. My entree was the veal piccata which was over salted and barely warm when I got it. My wife had the scallops and grits. Scallops were tasty but the grits were also not hot. Their pecan pie was the best part of dinner. Char was just average to us.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Good food. Very loud. Nice restrooms. Booth seat height too aloe for the table. Would try again for lunch not dinner for two.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/21/2014Made a reservation for our daughter's birthday celebration. Mentioned it was her birthday when the reservation was made and again when checking in. Waitress said happy birthday to her but when asked if we wanted coffee and dessert we weren't quite sure what the restaurant was going to do so we ordered something. No candle and no chocolate on the dessert plate. Was a disappointment considering they knew. Also, we ordered an appetizer for the table and as we were swallowing our last bite of the appetizer the salads arrived. We told them at this point we weren't ordering our entrees yet, it was all too fast. Overall, food was good, place was nice, service was too rushed and disappointment that they don't acknowledge celebrations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014This was a very nice restaurant. It is on the top of our list for best restaurants. The food was great from the appetizers to the dessert. We will recommend this restaurant to anyone. This will not be the last visit.Special Features:
- Always Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2014Char is our favorite! always fantastic food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereFoodloverDined on 6/9/2014Loved my time at Char!! The staff was friendly, food was wonderful and the dessert is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Char is . . .GlmrgrlDined on 6/6/2014Char is my favorite restaurant. I always have a wonderful dining experience when it comes to the delectable food and great customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Service and atmosphere were great. Disappointed in food. Had the Mahi Mahi special and the cowboy ribeye. Neither were very good. Waiter gave us a free dessert which was nice. Huge let down.
- Great choice....alwaysStarkchickDined on 5/28/2014Food is consistently good; service stellar; and lovely ambiance. I eat at Char every chance I get and the crab cakes are divine as an appetizer or as an entree.Special Features:
- The following 390 reviews are from the Char - Jackson reviews archive.
- Food was great, little priceySimbaDined on 5/21/2014The service and food were amazing! The price is a little on the high side, but the food was worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Up-sideof CasualFoodie2Dined on 5/11/2014Char was recommended by a friend who said they were known for their desserts. Unfortunately they were out of their top desert, and we were an early table on Mother's Day. While that was disappointing, the food was very good, atmosphere was relaxed, and service was excellent. I would definitely go again, and hope to have their Pecan Butter Crunch dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day LunchFunTimesDined on 5/11/2014We totally enjoyed celebrating Mothers Day at Char. We had reservations so had no trouble getting seated promptly. It was very crowded and our service was a little slower than usual. However, we have eaten at Char previously and the service is usually excellent. We had the range chicken and blackened redfish, both over garlic potatoes. The food was excellent. We were there during the brunch hours and the atmosphere was very lively. We'll definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day Brunchmme1418Dined on 5/11/2014Great brunch site...with good food choices. Very busy but service was excellent.Special Features:
- Fantastic ServiceFantasticDined on 5/9/2014From the moment one walks in until the bill is paid, the whole experience is fantastic!!!Special Features:
- PleasedPickDined on 4/26/2014I must say I was early for my reservation. I had a seat at the bar & was quickly was promptly served by a knowledgeable bartender. Shortly thereafter I was seated for dinner. The food was all served as requested and seemed fair for the prices. The sauted shrimp was wonderful! I was happy with my experience and will return in the future. However, I suppose the sides ordered could be a larger portion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!JLL13Dined on 4/26/2014My husband and I have been twice (Valentine's Day and our first wedding anniversary), and we have loved it both times. My husband will never get anything but the steak. :) The first time I got fish, and it wasn't life changing for the price. But the second time I got filet mignon and that was DEFINITELY the way to go! I'd highly recommend it for a special occasion or to impress a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One Of The Best RestaurantKatieDined on 4/22/2014I've been to Chars twice and I love it!!!! Great service, great food, great drinks, great atmosphere!!! Will definitely continue to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.