26 Clinton Avenue
Huntington, NY 11743Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chargrilleny.com/
- Phone: (631) 923-3400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday : 4:00pm - 9:30pm
Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Paul Ferrante
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Private and Offsite catering packages available.
A word from Char Grille
Enjoy fun and casual dining with high quality food, artsy cocktails and excellent service in this rustic, hip, Manhattan style bistro. Char Grille serves up house specials such as grilled oysters, exceptional steaks, fresh pastas, and burgers while the bar offers progressive cocktails, a selection of local craft and seasonal beers as well as a fantastically versatile international wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Char Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)fit for foodies (7)notable wine list (2)special occasion (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)good for groups (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Just So SoSuecarly1Dined on 11/15/2014Decided to try Char with a small group of friends. The drinks were great ( we ordered off the special list), the food was ok. We felt the prices were on the high side for the amount of food we got. The tables are a bit too close; our "neighbor's" backside knocked over one of our water glasses as she left her table.
- Week nightmeoow555Dined on 11/13/2014Went to Char with my Mother & Sister on a Thursday night for dinner. PROS- The staff was friendly, our waiter was knowledgable & attentive. The food came out at the right time & was very good. CONS- Room was a bit too dark & it's fairly small so you can hear the conversations at the tables near you (a little loud). Overall, very good; I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BananazDined on 10/18/2014The food was great...but it was really cramped and really loud
- Great dinnerEileenDined on 10/17/2014We ate at Char during restaraunt week. For apps, we got the sliders and onion soup both amazing! The onion soup was probably the best we've ever had! My husband had skirt steak, delish, and I got sweet potato ravioli with brown butter, yum! Dessert were great, especially the chocolate cake! It is the ultimate in choc!!!! We loved the restaraunt , the only negative was the service. Many tables were turned over while we waited for our food. I think we got the newby server. That wouldn't stop us from going back! The food was excellent and they had a very interesting cocktail menu! I definately would recommend this restaraunt!!!!Special Features:
- Menu changed. New chef. Not goodfredkDined on 10/11/2014loved it when first opened. Now menu different, new chef. Boring selection and substandard execution. We are not going back.
- Old MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/27/2014Wish that they still has the old menu, that's why we went.
- Almost there....OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014Hopefully once the waitstaff gets trained and the timing is better the overall dining experience will improve. The food is excellent. The bartender makes some fine cocktails. Huntington is a tough town to survive if you don't treat your customers right. I would suggest Char Grille get the staff polished right away. The food and drinks are set.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Promising newcomerlifoodieVIPDined on 9/12/2014Great menu with variety. Refreshing salads. Grilled octopus was outstanding. Looking forward to going again to try different items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014fresh, simple, succulent chicken, excellent ranch salad, lovely wine selection, perfect warm bread...a very pleasant surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014first time and it was very good. nice ambience. like that it's localSpecial Features:
- Very pricey for a let downMissElisaTDined on 8/27/2014After arriving at char on a busy night when most othe restaurants were packed, we were surprised to see there was only one other table there seated. The menu was quite diverse and there were some very interesting choices that sounded exciting. This made it very hard for me to decide what to order and I had at that point ready planned that I would have to return to try all of the delicious menu options. I ordered the sea bass only to be told by the wait person that they had run out of it... Run out? How is that possible the place was empty. So I ordered the scallops instead. Our food came and it was so salty it overpowered everything. The prices were very high too. I do NOT reccomend this place
- good addition to village diningRayDowVIPDined on 8/23/2014Ate at Char Grill for first time since it opened. Good meal. Menu is not overly fussy either. Steaks perfectly cooked to order. For the sake of constructive criticism I would say that service was a bit frantic, busy saturday night but that should be planned in. Staff were welcoming, friendly. Wine list is good. Enjoyable. Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Char Grille reviews archive.