Chapter's Viewpoint Restaurant
610 West Columbia Street
Kamloops, BC V2C 1L1Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: CAN$30 and under
Chapter's Viewpoint Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chaptersviewpoint.com/
- Phone: (250) 374-3224
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: Lunch: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Breakfast: 7:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Steak, Continental, Southwest
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: Chapters Viewpoint Restaurant & Catering is a full facility. We have our dining room, a banquet room with an excellent view of the city, a covered patio and a grassy area that is fully licensed and we provide off-premise catering for weddings, birthdays, office parties and conferences. We accommodate various budgets and party sizes. We will make any occasion a special occasion.
A word from Chapter's Viewpoint Restaurant
Chapters Viewpoint Restaurant, is award winning restaurant in Kamloops. The restaurant is perched on the hilltop overlooking the valley with an un-obstructive view. The drop back of the mountains and skyline through the restaurant's glass wall is amazing. Become enchanted as you watch the pink sunset transform into a city of sparkling lights against the blackness of the night.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chapter's Viewpoint Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Kamloops ›
Chapter's Viewpoint Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (4)good for groups (3)special occasion (2)romantic (2)Show More
- awesome viewrednanDined on 9/19/2014The view was spectacular! The food was well plated and hot! Everyone enjoyed their meal and the waitress was very nice. She was there when we needed her. Am looking forward to going again when I am in Kamloops.Special Features:
- Anniversay at Chapter'sLarksterDined on 7/31/2014We had a great evening with friends and enjoyed the Mexican plates!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 6 reviews are from the Chapter's Viewpoint Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great service with wonderful viewLilikoiDined on 6/18/2014The Mexican inspired dishes were excellent! Recommend the Shishkalicks...Special Features:
- The best thing is the viewrestaurateurDined on 5/4/2014We visited the Chapters View restaurant last week before going to the Sagebrush theatre. Cocktails and baked cheddar appetizers were excellent, tasty well presented. We went for the chapters signature dish, the baked chicken and shrimp . The shrimps were very godd. My chicken was well not a signature dish. i would be ashamed as a chef to call it that. It was a frozen chicken breast with some frozen shrimp meat, a couple of artichoke hearts which were tough and covered with a sauce that tasted like it came from a tin. The vegetables were good, carrots and zucchini. I had my heart set on a nice rice Pilaff, but what we got was some reheated coloured rice which had no taste what so ever. Luckily we had some merlot from Jackson TriggsSpecial Features:
- Chapter's ViewpointJLMBDined on 1/11/2014We had a wonderful meal at this landmark Kamloops restaurant which has a fabulous view of the City. Our service staff were very good about special needs that are posted on my Open Table reservations. It was quiet but suspect if the restaurant was busy the noise level could be energetic and it would be difficult to hear. When making a reservation make sure to ask for a table by the window, although the view throughout the restaurant is pretty good. The only criticism I have, is that two back to back families came to dine both with young children who were very loud, crying and screaming at times. I would have liked the staff to speak to the parents, and have them to step outside until their children were OK to come back in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely meal over looking the CityJLMBDined on 1/10/2014We had a lovely meal over looking the City of Kamloops. This restaurant has a fabulous scenic view of the entire valley. When booking request a window seat, although the view is great from most areas of the restaurant. We both enjoyed our dinners and the service staff went out of their way to accommodate special food requirements. The only disappointment was two back to back young families came and in both cases the children were screaming and it made it very unpleasant as the restaurant is open and sound carries. This made conversation very difficult. There were very few diners the evening we went, so other than the children is was quiet, if the restaurant was full I image the noise level would be pretty energetic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant with a ViewNorthernDinerDined on 12/22/2013We booked this restaurant purely at random, needing a place to stop for dinner while en route during a 10-hour drive. The restaurant is on the grounds/in the same complex as a hotel but not associated with the hotel. It sits high atop a hill and occupies a commanding view of the City of Kamloops and the Thompson River Valley. The restaurant has been designed in tiers to maximize guest view of the scenery. The service was fast and friendly, the food was reasonably priced and tasty, and the facilities were clean and modern. Have recommended to friends and family and would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to be betterFromPortMoodyDined on 11/16/2013This restaurant HAD a very good reputation, we did not agree when we dined here last weekend. The staff were obviously short a few members, we were very aware that the waiter did not want to deal with the extra duties. The service was rushed to the point of inconvienencing the wait staff. The food was served on cold plates, the ribs were precooked and heated in a microwave, the shishkibs were over cooked and dry and few ! Carrots and turnip were undercooked. The only good food was the sopopillas, we should of just had a plate each of those. I will not spend $30 a plate for a dinner there again.