33 Greenwich Avenue
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chapteronenyc.com/
- Phone: 2128429146
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American
- Executive Chef: Warren Baird
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chapter One
Chapter One is an American pub and restaurant in the heart of New York City's West Village. The food ,wine, beer and spirits of America are central on our menu of elevated pub fare and classic cocktails. Chapter One is situated on Greenwich Ave and features a pewter bar and 80 seat dining room reminiscent of the city's historic taverns.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chapter One reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (13)fit for foodies (9)good for groups (8)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (5)great for outdoor dining (4)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)romantic (3)special occasion (3)scenic view (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great addition to neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/7/2014This restaurant is an enormous upgrade to its predecessor! The food is creative, delicious and good value. We live in the neighborhood and have been several times for different types of meals and at different times of the day. We enjoyed our meal and experience every time. the service is also good, prices reasonable and it's so convenient. We recommend!Special Features:
- An odd placeLocalVIPDined on 9/5/2014They forgot to check us in to Open table, and it was not very crowded. The music was sort of am radio ish. The entree was fine, but the chocolate pudding dessert had a weird sour topping that was at odds with the chocolate underneath. Kind of a strange place.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/2/2014Nice addition to the neighborhood. Good food, good service, pleasant decor. I hope they make it. Very quiet the weekday night I was there.Special Features:
- Got a table, restaurant closedprebbDined on 9/1/2014I booked a table for labour day evening. There were no indication that the restaurant would not be open this evening. Other restaurants we tried, which also were closed, had no available tables. I was hoping for a good experience, but when we arrived doors were closed and the light was off. Too bad.
- below expectationsivanDined on 8/16/2014place was empty, yet we waited for a long time for our egg-based brunch items. no cocktail menu available - waitress had to tell us what they have, but was unsure of the prices and had to keep checking. food presentation was great, but taste was average/below average compared to other places in the area. the fresh squeezed orange juice was more ice than juice. overall - no value for the money, probably wont repeat
- Nice Addition to the NeighborhoodBryanNYCVIPDined on 7/25/2014Chapter One is a nice addition to the neighborhood. The restaurant is comfortable and low key with a nice menu and good service. It's very special on a nice summer evening, when the windows are wide open and the restaurant is open to the street.Special Features:
- Loved it!Saross86Dined on 7/18/2014I love a good gastropub, and this is a GREAT gastropub. We went in a group of 8 and the service and food were incredible. Cocktails were delicious, appetizers amazing (get the pork rinds!) and everyone was very impressed with their mains. I'm so glad we decided to give this place a shot and will definitely be back!Special Features:
- JessicaDined on 7/8/2014The cold cucumber soup with crab and the beef tartare were excellent! The wait staff were very friendly and made our dinner fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new place!cmc5095Dined on 6/20/2014Really great place! Local wine and food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Solid Restaurantase1707VIPDined on 6/10/2014My wife and I dined here last evening and had a very good meal. We both started with the cold cucumber soup with crab and it was wonderful, with a hint of mint. For dinner I enjoyed the pork belly. It was cooked and served professionally and it was very good. We will return to this fun spot. Last evening there was a large party that took up most of the restaurant and it was loud. We will return and hopefully rate this restaurant even higher if there is not the large distraction of a large party.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommend to TryTouristfromNYCVIPDined on 5/31/2014Cool vibe. Duck, short rib, and charred octopus is excellent. Definitely give this new place a try.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Chapter One reviews archive.