Chappell's Coral Grill
6328 W Jefferson Blvd
Fort Wayne, IN 46804Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Chappell's Coral Grill
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://chappellseafood.com/
- Phone: 2604569652
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Bryan Adams
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: http://home.comcast.net/~dbyanski1/Coral%20Grill%20Menu.pdf
- Private Party Facilities: Chappell"s can accommodate Up to 50 in our private area.
- Private Party Contact: Gary Chappell 2604569652
A word from Chappell's Coral Grill
For over 25 years Chappell's has been a local and visitors favorite. Chappell's is known for outstanding fresh seafood and hand cut steaks. We have a nice upscale atmosphere with a casual setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chappell's Coral Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (4)fit for foodies (3)neighborhood gem (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)romantic (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- New LookSWFoodieDined on 6/20/2014The new look of Chappell's on the bar side is pleasant-booths, dining nooks and great bar. Food still great, service friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Always a top pick and winner for friends, family and just for two!Special Features:
- Outstanding seafoodjbbnrDined on 6/14/2014Chappell's is one of our favorite restaurants in the Fort Wayne area. We truly miss the original location, but through all the turmoil in the restaurant/food industry during the latest recession, they have consistently delivered quality food at a fair price and their staff is always friendly and attentive to your needs. This newest location, on the west side of town, is significantly better than the one on Coldwater Road a few years ago. That location was more like a "factory" restaurant, not a local bar/grill. The walleye is some of the best in the area. Their jalapeno tarter sauce is outstanding (this from a guy that hates normal tarter sauce). The crab coleslaw is great. All in all, a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/11/2014Even though Chappell's is going through a remodel, you didn't feel like you were anywhere near a construction zone. It was still very easy to chat. The food and service were fantastic as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2014From the moment we entered it was fantastic! Service was outstanding and knowledgeable. Food was out of this world. Alaskan Halibut was to die for. 2 in our party had Filet Mignon and new york strip said they were the BEST steaks they had ever had in Fort Wayne. Keep up the Great work Chappells. We will return often!!Special Features:
- The following 133 reviews are from the Chappell's Coral Grill reviews archive.
- jenniferlmnDined on 5/10/2014Good food, only disappointment was they were out of sour cream and the table behind us was offered a side dish of smashed red potatoes that we were not offered.Special Features:
- CarsDined on 5/8/2014Excellent food & great service. We really enjoyed the restaurant & would definatly go back!Special Features:
- Great MealsAnonVIPDined on 4/16/2014We had four amazing meals and great service. We started off with walleye fingers with an amazing jalapeno tartar sauce. Their caesar salad and crab cole slaw is always a hit. Our meals were Jambalaya, Santa Fe Filet, Swordfish special, and Talapia, all were fabulous.
- It was clear the seafood wasNMR14Dined on 3/14/2014It was clear the seafood was not fresh and frozen, service was terrible (20 minute wait for two glasses of wine), no silverware available when entrees were served, prices were extraordinary for the quality and quantity ( not that you would want more of the frozen stuff).
- Very nice birthday dinnerFancyfoodDined on 3/1/2014The special grouper was great - I couldn't decide so I had the 3 choices - shrimp, walleye and a crab cake. The shrimp was a little overdone. Nice atmosphere- friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favoriteFunNiteOutDined on 2/28/2014Great food and service. Great location and one of our favorite dining spots when we are in the mood for jazz.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyHarleyDined on 2/22/2014Hello we had been here before but took a couple that hadn't been they loved it! Food hot and good nice pour on the wine great waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was the first time myLuvthisplaceDined on 2/22/2014This was the first time my wife and I had eaten here. We live an hour and a half away and it was worth the drive. We will be back !! Loved the food and drinks !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best foodAnonVIPDined on 2/15/2014Chappell's has the best chef! Wonderful food as usual!
- First bad tripHorseDined on 2/15/2014We have had many great meals in the past. The Oysters Casino were GREAT. Ordered Tuna I had enjoyed at their Broadway restaurant. Only one Tuna on the menu but it was different. It was only seared and cut in strips. I ask for them to please cook it to well done but 15 min. later they brought me a different Tuna steak, by then the rest of the food was cold. We have always enjoyed eating at Chappell's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Valentine's Day SupperAlteFritzDined on 2/14/2014Nice bar. Excellent food and service. Recommend just about any of the seafood selections. Wine list was not extensive, but had a pretty good selection of decent wines, reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it's okayjustinbaileymDined on 2/13/2014Our appetizer was delicious. The seared tuna was what we had. However when our main dishes arrived they tasted like a slightly better Long John Silvers. The food isn't bad by any means. It just isn't good enough to warrant the prices they charge. In my opinion
- MeganMeganVIPDined on 2/8/2014We have been to this restaurant 15 plus times and this was absolutely the worst experience as far as service goes. This was one of our favorite places to eat; however, we will be reconsidering after we talk with the restaurant manager and owners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner reviewRyanDined on 2/8/2014Food was fantastic! Waitress was nice and did a great job. Everything was great except people at table next to us were loud and obnoxious. They were playing bridge and talking very loudly (obviously not the restaurant's fault). Other than that the ambience was great! We will go back!Special Features:
- Saturday nightBoomerDined on 1/25/2014The food and service are always outstanding, as is the Reisling. Our meal was delicious from the walleye fingers appetitizer to the entree. The creme brulee was the only disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another winnerSWFoodieDined on 1/3/2014Chappell's does it again! Wine list has changed but food still delicious and consistently well prepared. Good selections but blackened salmon with dill sauce always a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls' Nite OutDiva4wineVIPDined on 12/20/2013Food was excellent. Had to prompt server to tell us about the daily soup offering and specials after everyone else had ordered, but elected for menu item anyway. The evening was about friends getting together, so the delicious food made it all the better. I love the Seafood Pasta dish with lots of succulent shrimp, scallops, etc. I love it so much I almost always order it. My friend had the vegie pasta and said it was good as well - we both had left overs.Special Features:
- seafood jumbo - not a goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/16/2013seafood jumbo - not a good choice; i think they left out the seafood. i have never thought the clam chowder was good - some clams but mostly potatos. not the place to order soup. the salmon cake were awesome! very good. just the right amount of light breading.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great night.BobCarolDined on 12/13/2013Always a special treat to dine at Chappels. No exception tonight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good seafood meal,OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/12/2013Always a good seafood meal, well done wine list, comfortable ambience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group of women that used toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/9/2013Group of women that used to work together gathered for a Christmas get together. We all were very happy with our food and the waitress. It was a Monday night so it was not too busy. We will be going back and making the reservation on line was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!luv2eatDined on 11/29/2013We had our family Thanksgiving at Chappell's and all of us were blown away by the outstanding service provided by the staff. They gave our family a sectioned off private area and treated us like kings. The food was top notch! All in all, we agreed it was a great choice for us and we will definitely return to this exceptional restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood SaturdayCervezaFriaMiaDined on 11/16/2013My wife and I are new to the Fort Wayne area, and had diner at Chappel's this past Saturday night. It had been recommended to us, and we both really enjoyed our meals and the ambiance. It has subdued lighting with sand blasted brick walls that creates an old building charm. The entrees were both very good and reasonably priced (~$20 each) for the grilled salmon and the pan seared walleye. I would recommend them both again. The potatoes were really tasty and the salads well done. The only side that wasn't really super was the asparagus - it was over cooked and bit on the mushy side. All that said, we'll eat there again, no doubt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great MealSWFoodieDined on 11/1/2013Always a treat to eat at Coral Grill. Food consistently good and service pleasant. So glad to have in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and good timesBige2424Dined on 11/1/2013It was a lil loud but we had a great time and will go back to try something else on menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Food and EntertainmentJimboDined on 10/26/2013Very good food served by Megan an experienced and attentative waitress. We walked over to the blues bar which is connected to the restaurant and enjoyed some good music after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Movie and dinner- perfectFriday4FunDined on 10/25/2013Great Dinner after a movie. Perfect ending to date night Thr scallops were perfectly tender, plenty of warm bread, and an excellent key lime pie for dessert.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceAmy0345Dined on 10/15/2013My first time at Chappell's and it was fabulous!! Absolutely delicious food and drinks and unbelievable service!! Would recommend to anyone!! Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice dinner outRickNSharonDined on 10/4/2013Chappell's is one of our favorites for a quick dinner out. They are consistently good. Not a five star, but a solid. 3.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were celebrating a 60thfood2die4Dined on 9/28/2013We were celebrating a 60th birthday. Seafood dishes were great. Filet was cooked to perfection. Salad was fresh, and crab coleslaw was described as delicious. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chappell's is one of my regularOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2013Chappell's is one of my regular haunts. I was a bit surprised this time out that service was a bit slow - but we did eat outside. The food was great as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was a great place to findMikiTDined on 8/24/2013we were from out-of-town for a soccer tournament and found this place on Open Table - it was a little pricey with two teen daughters that had played soccer (and starving), but they loved the food choices and the service was great.Special Features:
- A Local FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2013Chappell's has been a local favorite of ours for years. Fresh salads and sides and the seafood is always outstanding. My son and I love the crabcakes. The service is usually quite good as well. Great place for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Another Great MealSWFoodieDined on 8/9/2013As always, great food and ambiance. Really appreciate the ability to make reservations on-line, especially last minute!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/22/2013Wife and I were there for our 21st anniversary. Food was great, service was great and was the best we ever had there. We were not rushed, only ordering the next course when finished with current one. Key lime pie for desert was as good as the rest of the meal. Will return for many special occasions.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner!SueYayDined on 7/13/2013Great dinner, now a tradition for all special occasions. Thanks for the great wine, food and ambience.Special Features: