3000 Chapel View Blvd
Cranston, RI 02920Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chapelgrilleri.com/
- Phone: 4019444900x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Tues
11:00 am - 9:00 pm
Weds - Thurs
11:00 am - 10:00 pm
Fri - Sat
11:00 am - 11:00 pm
12:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Chapel Grille
Nestled within a hilltop village, Chapel Grille is the crown jewel of Rhode Island’s restaurant scene. Relax on their terrace overlooking stunning panoramic horizon views, sunset-washed Providence skyline and the beautifully lit bridges at dusk. Featuring hearth style cuisine and a Mediterranean Italian influenced menu focusing on locally foraged ingredients prepared with care and served with ceremony. Watch your pizza being fired in their woodstone hearth oven while enjoying a glass of wine in the soaring cathedral bar or cozy up by the fireplace for a dining experience second to none.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chapel Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
239 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (148)romantic (131)great for outdoor dining (100)scenic view (70)fit for foodies (68)notable wine list (65)good for groups (57)neighborhood gem (51)vibrant bar scene (50)great for lunch (45)hot spot (26)great for brunch (24)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- something changed... for the worseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014Service and ambieance still good... Food has gone down hill. Not sure if they changed chefs, but something changed and changed for the worse. No longer a place we would go back to. We have enjoyed this restaurant many times and use to frequent it for special occasions... Unfortunately it is now off the list.
- phgpgwarwickDined on 8/23/2014Noise level made the dining experience barely tolerable. An otherwise nice dining experience was made only marginal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LarrydogDined on 8/22/2014Wonderful evening, food and service significantly above par. Main dining room was quiet and perfect for a romantic dinner. Other area of the restaurant quite loud, much more casual and better for a group. Overall certainly a place we will return to.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Great service, very attentative; went on a Thursday night; 7:00 PM reservation and sat right down in the outdoor dining area; the meal was really good; awesome calamari; overall an enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2014Went for lunch and we sat outside on the patio. Although it was a warm summer day they had the gas fireplace on. It added a nice ambiance. We both ordered the summer strawberry salad with salmon and it was absolute delicious!! Our server was attentive and friendly. Overall a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place - upscale presentation.going2theChapelDined on 8/15/2014Very nice adaptation of the former church structure, superbly decorated. Open seating and high ceilings radiates the noise level so quiet romantic may wish to look elsewhere. Food is good enough to fit the ambiance, pricing appropriate for the surroundings, good cocktails and excellent wine list. Will go back for casual/business lunch and see what clients think as well...Overall 4 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/14/2014Diane did a great job as she was pleasant and accommodating
- The best!thatfoodieguyDined on 8/12/2014I took my wife here for her birthday. It was not our first visit nor will it be our last. The food was amazing, the décor was beautiful and the service was great. A+++Special Features:
- It is going downhill fast...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2014This was our 3rd visit and by far the worst. It was Sunday night, and they have a "fixed price" option, which I wanted. I ordered the calamari to start. I was asked whether my husband was getting the fixed price special. I said no. Then I was told I could not get calamari! It seems both people HAVE to get the special to get this app! Being given RULES when I start ordering does not set a good tone to a Sunday evening meal. I don't care about your RULES. Bring me the calamari. I could order it off the menu, but then pay a separate price, defeating the purpose of their "special." He got a seafood stew and the shrimp were inedible. They took it off the bill. They should not have served bad seafood to begin with. Not returning anytime soon!
- Amazing LuncheatoutcoupleDined on 8/10/2014We made a reservation for a Sunday afternoon lunch and our only regret is that we didn't find this restaurant sooner. The server was knowledgeable, friendly and patient while we perused the menu. He offered well informed recommendations and checked in appropriately. The clam chowder, burratta salad and italian buns were delicious. The veal piccata was flavorful and tender. The vodka sauce was delicious without being heavy. We look forward to dining here again in the future. Thank you for an incredible experience!Special Features:
- Good thing it was a nice nightRIFoodie9VIPDined on 8/9/2014My most recent visit to Chapel Grille was so dissapointing. We easily got an 830 reservation last minute and were able to sit outside on the terrace. The restaurant was not packed but for some reason our food took over an hour to be served. Our waitress only came through twice to say that she was checking on our food or that our food would be right out. Our food was good as usual but it was dissapointing to be eating so late at night. We were offered free desserts to make up for it. Luckily it was a table of friends out to celebrate a birthday and we were able to occupy ourselves.Special Features:
- GreatPersonalchefDined on 8/9/2014This is the gem of RI. Has it all! There are many gems here but this is the 24kt gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationJenncheatmealDined on 8/9/2014I have heard so many great things about Chapel Grille that I booked a small birthday celebration there. The room we were seated in smelled of VERY strong fish and was filled with senior citizens. In fact, the way the tables were set up I felt like we were at a wedding. Not what I really had in mind. Our waiters were EXCELLENT. Our meal was late. The manager was kind enough to send over a round of drinks. If I do go back, I will be sure to request an outdoor table! I requested a gluten free menu and I received it. I loved my Cleopatra Salad There was just enough dressing. Not too much! My meal was equally as delicious. I had stir fried scallops with summer squash and jasmine rice! Then for dessert I had Creme Brule. Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything we were hoping for!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014My wife and I had heard great things about Chapel Grille and we were not let down!! I had only mentioned once on phone that it was our anniversary and our waitress recognized this right after introducing herself. Excellent food, excellent service, great atmosphere. We agreed we will be visiting Chapel Grille much more. The staff was very detail oriented. The whole experience was over the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Long wait.ProvRIDined on 8/9/2014Food was really good once it arrived. Dinners arrived at the table an hour and 15 mins after entrees were ordered (apps ordered and eaten first) The staff dealt with the kitchen back up quite well and made things ok by the end of the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must tryfoodieDined on 8/8/2014I have been here for drinks and lunch a few times but this was my 1st dinner experience. The food and service was amazing. We has pizza, oysters, shrimp and hot Italian buns for appetizers. Our group shared these all and couldn't say enough good things about them. Entrees were just as good the steak n cake is a must. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and was able to answer all our questions. The restaurant is beautiful but the decor doesn't do it justice. The tables and chairs look like they belong in a banquet hall from the 70s and the red carpet doesn't match anything. The bar area and outside seating are beautiful. But the main dining area could use a makeover.Special Features:
- Lovely place for special occasionLunchinLadyDined on 8/8/2014Décor is beautiful, service is excellent but food is good, not great, a little pricey for what you get.Special Features:
- Bring back the old menu!!LuvgoodfoodDined on 8/7/2014My husband and I dine at Chapel Grille quite often; we've had our son's graduation party there and it was awesome, Its a beautiful restaurant and I find the staff wonderful. I have to say without trying to be too critical that we enjoyed the old menu selection so much more. Some of my favorites have been removed and I am disappointed. First and foremost we always enjoyed the wedge salad--it was one of the best and a big draw for us; my other favorite was by far the polenta side and, of course, the veal chop. To me these items were special and hopefully you will bring them back.Special Features:
- Great EveningSwim53Dined on 8/6/2014My wife and I recently celebrate our Wedding Anniversary, and selected the Chapel Grille for Dinner! Our waiter James was superior! He had an excellent knowledge of all the available wines. We were indeed fortunate in having him. The food was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LisaLisaDined on 8/2/2014This was my third time at this restaurant and I have never been more disappointed. They are getting too big too fast and cannot keep up. The restaurant was loud and we could not even talk at our own table in an average voice. The kitchen bus station was a mess and the wait staff repeatedly dropped things. The ice dispenser was near the diners and was loud and disruptive. The female hostess was NOT friendly at all. By far an extremely disappointing experience.Special Features:
- Fabulous!benjiDined on 8/2/2014The Chapel Grille is a gorgeous restaurant. The service is excellent. Our waiter, Ramon, was very knowledgeable about the menu. He had a very nice personality and made us feel welcome. The food was amazing. We had the paella and the steak and cake. Both were superb! Great wine list and many creative cocktails. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the Trip!EasterDined on 8/2/2014So we actually traveled to this restaurant as we had seen it on Phantom Gourmet and it peaked our intereste. We are all in our 60's so at this point in our lives, we have been very lucky to have gone to some very nice places. All four of us rated this an awesome experience. From the waitstaff to the atmosphere and to the exquisite food. Soooooo worth the trip. We would have liked to have sat outside but the weather did not cooperated so we were nice and cozy next to the beautiful stone fireplace with the beautiful glass displays overhead. Wish it was closer to us, but we WILL make the trip again.Special Features:
- A must tryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014Awesome wine list, loved the lamb chops and the steak and cake was a big hit with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/1/2014We went here are on whim.. Turned out to be an excellent choice.. The drinks, food, and atmosphere were perfect. We started with the Block Island Seafood platter. The Oysters, Clams, and Shrimps were fresh and delicious. After that, the 4 of us had a variety of dishes, each one was wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Delicious food, very slow serviceNana2Dined on 8/1/2014Our food was delicious. We ordered the $30 special included appetizers, entree & dessert. However we & diners had to wait extremely long for our entrees. There must have been an issue,staffing problem in the kitchen. We were told by our server for over 30+ minutes repeatedly that our meal would be right out. Other diners were also repeatedly told that as well. Server was pleasant but did forget to give us our leftover package. We have dined here previously with no issues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedGypsy2EatDined on 8/1/2014Beautiful atmosphere but that is unfortunately the best this restaurant has to offer. I ordered the Lobster ravioli which was good but I didn't remember until after I ate it that it was missing the baby spinach the menu said it came with. My husband ordered the Paella which the bartender raved about but he said it couldn't compare with the Paella (his top choice) from Spain or Hemenways (his 2nd favorite). It had too many olives and lemon wedges giving it a bitter taste. The dessert was a key lime tart that had a "rapberry sauce" which basically looked like spooned jelly dabbed on top. The service I will say was very good, almost too attentive though with too many different servers asking how we were doing. Not worth the money.Special Features:
- Happy Apps!ChrisVIPDined on 7/30/2014Enjoy an absolutely wonderful appetizer menu offered at half price Monday through Thursdays at the bar. The eggplant pizza was fantastic as were the fried vegetable platter ( I wanted a second one of those as it was rather small!)Special Features:
- lpjwDined on 7/27/2014This was our first experience here at the Chapel Grille and although the service and food was good and it looked beautiful, we will not return due to the noise level. It was to us just way to noisy to enjoy our dinner. We had to speak above the noise to even talk to each other.Special Features:
- Excellent Evening!RIMomDined on 7/25/2014I have been to Chapel Grille several times, most recently on 7/25/14. The food and setting are excellent. I always try to sit outside where your under the night sky and warmed by the outdoor fire. The food is very good. Everyone in my party enjoyed their appetizers, meals and desserts (veal franchise/chicken paillard/bbq pizza/fettucine/calamari/steak frites). No complaints whatsoever. Our waiter, Mike truly made the night perfect. He was funny, attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. We never had to wait for anything. My previous visits to Chapel Grille were okay, but the service was subpar. This recent visit, with Mike as our waiter - was perfect!! I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- suefed26Dined on 7/19/2014Both the food and service was outstanding. Chapel Grille is definitely on my list of restaurants to frequent.Special Features:
- remmyDined on 7/19/2014tremendous hostess and wait staff. absolutely wonderful foodSpecial Features:
- Questionable ingredientOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/18/2014Ordered the Lobster-Clam Chowder. First spoonful revealed warm soup with cold bits of "lobster." After viewing the lobster, it appeared more flat & stingy, like artificial lobster, rather than real lobster. Also odered the lobster ravioli and got real lobster chunks, as expected. Service staff handled the issue professionally and with care, taking the soup away and deducting it from the bill and even offering to get another appetizer at no charge, which we passed on. Have been here other times and never had a problem before. Remainer of our food was "Outstanding," as usual.Special Features:
- Great place!KatyDined on 7/18/2014Tried for the first time Friday, and will definitely be back! Great food, great service, and lots of choices to pick from!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisedStairmanDined on 7/17/2014This place has been on our hit list for a while. With Restaurant Week it was a nice time to try. First, service and food were very good. The wine portion was small in comparsion to others. The veiw really was not great looking over to a parking lot but the tables where we sat outside were very nice.It was not dark yet but I bet it was nice when it was dark with just the outdoor fire place on. The menu was fair for the event. Good Choices. But when we checked out the regular menu I though it was at least 40% high overall if you added a couple of regular meals up. The bill was over $80.00 with tip. We each had a glass of wine with the meal. So this could have easliy been over $200.00 on a normal night with two drinks.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/17/2014Bartending staff was not very attentive or friendly and it was not busy Disappointing as the bar is large with a great atmosphereI would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysPaulDDined on 7/16/2014The family has been the 4-5 times for special celebrations and always been happy with the food and service.Special Features:
- Thoughtful and competentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2014The menu offers real alternatives and the preparation and service are so professional. Like the 4 olive oils provided with bread and the different ambiances offered in the bar and different dining areas too. Feel I have had a significant experience after a dinner at your restaurant. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticAlexDined on 7/14/2014When you first walk in you see a beautiful bar and an open kitchen with wood fire grille. The ambience and decor was delightful. I was always warned of the price but upon reviewing the menu I found the cost reasonable. That is until I actually tried my meal. The price I paid was a steal. The food and wine pairing was perfect. The service was above and beyond. I will be returning many more times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my first time!GreatlookDined on 7/12/2014I came in with a group of 7 people, from the time the last person sat down before I ask for bread was too long! We did get a table visit from who I think was the manager she never introduce herself. I needed to ask for bread, and we got ONE basket, my server poured the wine for my wife and never gave it to her. I thought my wife's meal could had a better presentation then it did. Dinner took a long time, one member at our table got a fly in his food our sever said he was sorry but, I never so a manager and his food should have been comped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chapel Grille - First TimerFoodLover26Dined on 7/11/2014My wife and I had dinner with friends at the Chapel Grille last weekend. We try would recommend that everyone try it out. The food, service and ambiance were all top shelf! We look forward to going again. Also, it was an hour drive for us and well worth it!Special Features: