3000 Chapel View Blvd
Cranston, RI 02920Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chapelgrilleri.com/
- Phone: 4019444900x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Tues
11:00 am - 9:00 pm
Weds - Thurs
11:00 am - 10:00 pm
Fri - Sat
11:00 am - 11:00 pm
10:00 am - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Tim Kelly
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Chapel Grille
Nestled within a hilltop village, Chapel Grille is the crown jewel of Rhode Island’s restaurant scene. Relax on their terrace overlooking stunning panoramic horizon views, sunset-washed Providence skyline and the beautifully lit bridges at dusk. Featuring hearth style cuisine and a Mediterranean Italian influenced menu focusing on locally foraged ingredients prepared with care and served with ceremony. Watch your pizza being fired in their woodstone hearth oven while enjoying a glass of wine in the soaring cathedral bar or cozy up by the fireplace for a dining experience second to none.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chapel Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
199 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (123)romantic (104)great for outdoor dining (79)fit for foodies (68)notable wine list (63)scenic view (61)good for groups (50)vibrant bar scene (49)neighborhood gem (47)great for lunch (41)hot spot (28)great for brunch (19)late-night find (17)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Mediocre BuffetRhodyGirlVIPDined on 10/19/2014The buffet food was tepid at best. Disappointing.
- Bday girlOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014I had brunch here for a birthday celebration. It was excellent! The food was of the highest quality!Special Features:
- chic, expensive, good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The restaurant is always busy (at least on Saturday evenings). The tables are quite close and the service was a little slow. Considering the number of people there, it is really not THAT bad. I wished the service was a little quicker. Food was good, the specials ended up being the most expensive items. Overall, it is a great place to be on a first date because it does not make you look cheap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic Fine Dining - Special NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Went for our anniversary last week, enjoyed very much. The service and food were outstanding. Thanks very much to our server Michael and his assistant George! Atmosphere was very busy and maybe even a bit loud, but probably because there was a large party next to us. However, the service, food and the view made up for it. Beautiful location, interesting layout and interior design. We would love to go back again and will do so soon.Special Features:
- JoanDined on 10/11/2014Beautiful restaurant. The food was excellent. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Eh...pickyeaterDined on 10/11/2014For the amount of money spent i probably wouldn't go back. The food, service, and ambience were great, but i could've received the same service and better food on the hill for $100 less. Drinks were really expensive and very strong.Special Features:
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014This was the first time that we visited.Every great food etc. Waiter was very attentive and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lacklusterSio927Dined on 10/5/2014We were very excited to try this restaurant. We got there and much of the menu was unavailable for two people and required a larger group to order. The service was subpar but the manager was very nice. The food wasn't very good but it was okay. I would give it three out of five stars. Bad service, food that wasn't great, extremely limited menu for only two people, and very pricey... I am not sure if I would recommend Chapel Grille yet to anyone, it could certainly use some work.Special Features:
- Great food and servicewineanddineoftenDined on 10/3/2014We were able to make a reservation on very short notice for the same evening. The table was close to a window where we had a great view of the city. The food, service and view were excellent. The only negative part of the evening (and I realize this is almost impossible for the restaurant to control) was that the noise level was quite excessive with others around us saying the same. However, the quality of the food and service was so good that we will go back.Special Features:
- Always a delightFineDinerVIPDined on 10/3/2014The restaurant's beauty says, "I have arrived" and the food does not disappoint. The cocktails have clever names. Their take on a Cosmo was quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/2/2014The bar is great. It is the Chapel. This was our first time eating in the bar, but it won't be our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good time was had by allOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/1/2014Hadn't been there in awhile but wanted to show my niece the great interior design. Was a bit concerned since reviews are mixed. All 5 of us thought our meals were great. Pumpkin bread pudding was a huge hit. Our server was great,very pleasant and attentive. Only complaint was that we had a booth near the kitchen door and the plate banging noise was quite distracting. Next time, we will ask for a table on the right hand side of the dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowKing401Dined on 10/1/2014I made dinner reservations for my girlfriends birthday dinner. The server exceeded my expetations. We will be returning pretty soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014Went to the Chapel Grille for my birthday and everything was top notch. The food and service were incredible. I had worked at the Ocean House in Watch Hill in College and Chapel Grille I think may have a better restaurant experience.Special Features:
- DisappointedJ29VVIPDined on 9/29/2014Place had potential, but we were placed in the outside bar area that was VERY noisy. We asked to be moved because of the noise and were moved further away in the same room. Waitress was very nice and well meaning, but food service was SLOW, and not well timed (how long does it take to put soup in a cup?). Most of the food ended up being pretty good, but timing and abiance were big detractors. Plenty of other places to go to. Unlikely I would be back.
- A nice surprise-middle of nowhere!winerdinerDined on 9/21/2014We were in Providence for the night and Chapel Grille was recommended by a friend. Driving through not the best of neighborhoods, and arriving at a strip mall, we were very pleasantly surprised when we saw then entered Chapel Grille. A tastefully done and ample space, with a cathedral ceiling and a working fireplace, a nice bar, and outdoor seating (we sat inside as the weather was bad). The food was excellent , the wine list reasonably extensive with many good choices, and the service professional (though a couple times needlessly conversation disruptive.) There were not many diners so it was very easy to enjoy a relaxed conversation. It was a very enjoyable evening. For where it is I'd dare say that Chapel Grille is an outstanding choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RI's best brunch is back!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014I am so happy that brunch is back at Chapel Grille, and even better than it was before! Now you have the choice of a buffet, or the traditional a la carte menu with new options on it. All 4 of us did the buffet, and we had so much to choose from. There was the typical breakfast foods, an omelet station, a pasta station, a carving station, desserts, and more! The smoked salmon was a favorite for all of us. I would highly recommend brunch at Chapel Grille, whether for a simple meal or a special celebration. The restaurant itself is beautiful, and the staff is great. Give brunch a try, you won't regret it!Special Features:
- scrodVIPDined on 9/20/2014great atmosphere.....need to work on the service and food is only so soSpecial Features:
- 10th AnniversaryBCM1Dined on 9/17/2014Took my wife there for our 10th anniversary. It was a great choice. Atmosphere was perfect food was excellent service was almost perfect waiter was great assistant waiters needed some work. A little more spendy than we're used to but otherwise a perfect spot for such a special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eztra extra $$$iceman777Dined on 9/13/2014food was good/ Dont like the fact that most dishes dont have veg etc sides . Too much a la carte . Wont rush backSpecial Features:
- Vegans BewareDukeDeVDined on 9/12/2014The restaurant was notified through Open Table that I am a vegan. I got two choices when I got there. A chicken dinner without the chicken and a scallop dish without the scallops. That was a bit disappointing since I paid full price for a scallop dinner without the scallops which meant my dish was a dollop of rice with minimal veggies. It was acceptable but not a "do over." I don't anticipate returning to the restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must try if in RIAnnSDined on 9/10/2014Chapel View is a a must when in Cranston. Ambiance is lovely. Service is great. Food is good. A nice dining experience.Special Features:
- foodieVIPDined on 9/8/2014Food overall seems a bit lackluster….The locale/ambience greatly exceeds the food.Special Features:
- Outstanding!rj12Dined on 9/6/2014Loved this restaurant and will be back. Excellent service and outstanding food done to perfection. Wonderful ambiance and attentive service. Thank you! :)Special Features:
- Third time, as good as the firstTightsqueezeDined on 9/6/2014Becoming our go to place for special occasions and such. So good every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/3/2014Great restaurant. Food, staff and ambiance was excellent. One of the best evenings all around.Special Features:
- Second TripEasterDined on 8/31/2014So we actually got a hotel room to return to this restaurant....we enjoyed it that much.Special Features:
- Not pleasedpathfinderDined on 8/30/2014Waiter was extremely good but constantly interrupting to see if everything was ok. The noise was bothersome and we were upstairs. The food (steak tips) wasn't the quality I had on prior occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusual barPrayerfulDined on 8/29/2014food and service was great. Bar ambiance was unusual in Church with stain glass windows and all. Intend to go back just for drink sometime soonSpecial Features:
- Great AnniversaryGeky12Dined on 8/28/2014We decided to try the Chapel Grille after seeing it on Phantom Gourmet. It did not disappoint! The atmosphere, food and service all exceeded expectations. It made for a great Anniversary dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- something changed... for the worserobaDined on 8/24/2014Service and ambieance still good... Food has gone down hill. Not sure if they changed chefs, but something changed and changed for the worse. No longer a place we would go back to. We have enjoyed this restaurant many times and use to frequent it for special occasions... Unfortunately it is now off the list.
- phgpgwarwickDined on 8/23/2014Noise level made the dining experience barely tolerable. An otherwise nice dining experience was made only marginal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LarrydogDined on 8/22/2014Wonderful evening, food and service significantly above par. Main dining room was quiet and perfect for a romantic dinner. Other area of the restaurant quite loud, much more casual and better for a group. Overall certainly a place we will return to.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Great service, very attentative; went on a Thursday night; 7:00 PM reservation and sat right down in the outdoor dining area; the meal was really good; awesome calamari; overall an enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2014Went for lunch and we sat outside on the patio. Although it was a warm summer day they had the gas fireplace on. It added a nice ambiance. We both ordered the summer strawberry salad with salmon and it was absolute delicious!! Our server was attentive and friendly. Overall a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place - upscale presentation.going2theChapelDined on 8/15/2014Very nice adaptation of the former church structure, superbly decorated. Open seating and high ceilings radiates the noise level so quiet romantic may wish to look elsewhere. Food is good enough to fit the ambiance, pricing appropriate for the surroundings, good cocktails and excellent wine list. Will go back for casual/business lunch and see what clients think as well...Overall 4 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/14/2014Diane did a great job as she was pleasant and accommodating
- The best!thatfoodieguyDined on 8/12/2014I took my wife here for her birthday. It was not our first visit nor will it be our last. The food was amazing, the décor was beautiful and the service was great. A+++Special Features:
- It is going downhill fast...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2014This was our 3rd visit and by far the worst. It was Sunday night, and they have a "fixed price" option, which I wanted. I ordered the calamari to start. I was asked whether my husband was getting the fixed price special. I said no. Then I was told I could not get calamari! It seems both people HAVE to get the special to get this app! Being given RULES when I start ordering does not set a good tone to a Sunday evening meal. I don't care about your RULES. Bring me the calamari. I could order it off the menu, but then pay a separate price, defeating the purpose of their "special." He got a seafood stew and the shrimp were inedible. They took it off the bill. They should not have served bad seafood to begin with. Not returning anytime soon!
- Amazing LuncheatoutcoupleDined on 8/10/2014We made a reservation for a Sunday afternoon lunch and our only regret is that we didn't find this restaurant sooner. The server was knowledgeable, friendly and patient while we perused the menu. He offered well informed recommendations and checked in appropriately. The clam chowder, burratta salad and italian buns were delicious. The veal piccata was flavorful and tender. The vodka sauce was delicious without being heavy. We look forward to dining here again in the future. Thank you for an incredible experience!Special Features: