3000 Chapel View Blvd
Cranston, RI 02920Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chapelgrilleri.com/
- Phone: (401) 944-4900
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Tues
11:00 am - 9:00 pm
Weds - Thurs
11:00 am - 10:00 pm
Fri - Sat
11:00 am - 11:00 pm
10:00 am - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Tim Kelly
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Chapel Grille
Nestled within a hilltop village, Chapel Grille is the crown jewel of Rhode Island’s restaurant scene. Relax on their terrace overlooking stunning panoramic horizon views, sunset-washed Providence skyline and the beautifully lit bridges at dusk. Featuring hearth style cuisine and a Mediterranean Italian influenced menu focusing on locally foraged ingredients prepared with care and served with ceremony. Watch your pizza being fired in their woodstone hearth oven while enjoying a glass of wine in the soaring cathedral bar or cozy up by the fireplace for a dining experience second to none.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chapel Grille - Best Restaurants in Cranston ›
Chapel Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
203 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (137)romantic (111)fit for foodies (72)notable wine list (64)great for outdoor dining (60)good for groups (58)neighborhood gem (57)scenic view (53)vibrant bar scene (49)great for lunch (44)hot spot (34)great for brunch (26)late-night find (16)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- Worth the Trip!EasterDined on 8/2/2014So we actually traveled to this restaurant as we had seen it on Phantom Gourmet and it peaked our intereste. We are all in our 60's so at this point in our lives, we have been very lucky to have gone to some very nice places. All four of us rated this an awesome experience. From the waitstaff to the atmosphere and to the exquisite food. Soooooo worth the trip. We would have liked to have sat outside but the weather did not cooperated so we were nice and cozy next to the beautiful stone fireplace with the beautiful glass displays overhead. Wish it was closer to us, but we WILL make the trip again.Special Features:
- A must tryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014Awesome wine list, loved the lamb chops and the steak and cake was a big hit with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/1/2014We went here are on whim.. Turned out to be an excellent choice.. The drinks, food, and atmosphere were perfect. We started with the Block Island Seafood platter. The Oysters, Clams, and Shrimps were fresh and delicious. After that, the 4 of us had a variety of dishes, each one was wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Delicious food, very slow serviceNana2Dined on 8/1/2014Our food was delicious. We ordered the $30 special included appetizers, entree & dessert. However we & diners had to wait extremely long for our entrees. There must have been an issue,staffing problem in the kitchen. We were told by our server for over 30+ minutes repeatedly that our meal would be right out. Other diners were also repeatedly told that as well. Server was pleasant but did forget to give us our leftover package. We have dined here previously with no issues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedGypsy2EatDined on 8/1/2014Beautiful atmosphere but that is unfortunately the best this restaurant has to offer. I ordered the Lobster ravioli which was good but I didn't remember until after I ate it that it was missing the baby spinach the menu said it came with. My husband ordered the Paella which the bartender raved about but he said it couldn't compare with the Paella (his top choice) from Spain or Hemenways (his 2nd favorite). It had too many olives and lemon wedges giving it a bitter taste. The dessert was a key lime tart that had a "rapberry sauce" which basically looked like spooned jelly dabbed on top. The service I will say was very good, almost too attentive though with too many different servers asking how we were doing. Not worth the money.Special Features:
- Happy Apps!ChrisVIPDined on 7/30/2014Enjoy an absolutely wonderful appetizer menu offered at half price Monday through Thursdays at the bar. The eggplant pizza was fantastic as were the fried vegetable platter ( I wanted a second one of those as it was rather small!)Special Features:
- The following 799 reviews are from the Chapel Grille reviews archive.
- lpjwDined on 7/27/2014This was our first experience here at the Chapel Grille and although the service and food was good and it looked beautiful, we will not return due to the noise level. It was to us just way to noisy to enjoy our dinner. We had to speak above the noise to even talk to each other.Special Features:
- Excellent Evening!RIMomDined on 7/25/2014I have been to Chapel Grille several times, most recently on 7/25/14. The food and setting are excellent. I always try to sit outside where your under the night sky and warmed by the outdoor fire. The food is very good. Everyone in my party enjoyed their appetizers, meals and desserts (veal franchise/chicken paillard/bbq pizza/fettucine/calamari/steak frites). No complaints whatsoever. Our waiter, Mike truly made the night perfect. He was funny, attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. We never had to wait for anything. My previous visits to Chapel Grille were okay, but the service was subpar. This recent visit, with Mike as our waiter - was perfect!! I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- suefed26Dined on 7/19/2014Both the food and service was outstanding. Chapel Grille is definitely on my list of restaurants to frequent.Special Features:
- remmyDined on 7/19/2014tremendous hostess and wait staff. absolutely wonderful foodSpecial Features:
- Questionable ingredientOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/18/2014Ordered the Lobster-Clam Chowder. First spoonful revealed warm soup with cold bits of "lobster." After viewing the lobster, it appeared more flat & stingy, like artificial lobster, rather than real lobster. Also odered the lobster ravioli and got real lobster chunks, as expected. Service staff handled the issue professionally and with care, taking the soup away and deducting it from the bill and even offering to get another appetizer at no charge, which we passed on. Have been here other times and never had a problem before. Remainer of our food was "Outstanding," as usual.Special Features:
- Great place!KatyDined on 7/18/2014Tried for the first time Friday, and will definitely be back! Great food, great service, and lots of choices to pick from!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisedStairmanDined on 7/17/2014This place has been on our hit list for a while. With Restaurant Week it was a nice time to try. First, service and food were very good. The wine portion was small in comparsion to others. The veiw really was not great looking over to a parking lot but the tables where we sat outside were very nice.It was not dark yet but I bet it was nice when it was dark with just the outdoor fire place on. The menu was fair for the event. Good Choices. But when we checked out the regular menu I though it was at least 40% high overall if you added a couple of regular meals up. The bill was over $80.00 with tip. We each had a glass of wine with the meal. So this could have easliy been over $200.00 on a normal night with two drinks.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/17/2014Bartending staff was not very attentive or friendly and it was not busy Disappointing as the bar is large with a great atmosphereI would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysPaulDDined on 7/16/2014The family has been the 4-5 times for special celebrations and always been happy with the food and service.Special Features:
- Thoughtful and competentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2014The menu offers real alternatives and the preparation and service are so professional. Like the 4 olive oils provided with bread and the different ambiances offered in the bar and different dining areas too. Feel I have had a significant experience after a dinner at your restaurant. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticAlexDined on 7/14/2014When you first walk in you see a beautiful bar and an open kitchen with wood fire grille. The ambience and decor was delightful. I was always warned of the price but upon reviewing the menu I found the cost reasonable. That is until I actually tried my meal. The price I paid was a steal. The food and wine pairing was perfect. The service was above and beyond. I will be returning many more times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my first time!GreatlookDined on 7/12/2014I came in with a group of 7 people, from the time the last person sat down before I ask for bread was too long! We did get a table visit from who I think was the manager she never introduce herself. I needed to ask for bread, and we got ONE basket, my server poured the wine for my wife and never gave it to her. I thought my wife's meal could had a better presentation then it did. Dinner took a long time, one member at our table got a fly in his food our sever said he was sorry but, I never so a manager and his food should have been comped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chapel Grille - First TimerFoodLover26Dined on 7/11/2014My wife and I had dinner with friends at the Chapel Grille last weekend. We try would recommend that everyone try it out. The food, service and ambiance were all top shelf! We look forward to going again. Also, it was an hour drive for us and well worth it!Special Features:
- No third chanceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2014The first time we dined here I ordered lamb chops medium rare. I was presented grey overdone chops, they were replaced with rare chops with all the fat attached , not very appetizing. We decided to give it another chance. " Grilled Idaho Trout lemon-mustard seed vinaigrette, asparagus, Yukon gold potato salad " This is what I ordered. I received a piece of fish burned black. I could not taste anything but ash. The vinaigrette was barely a drizzle on the plate. The waiter very politely ask what the problem was and I explained the problem. Then, the manager came to the table and attempted to tell me that it was supposed to be blackened . I am not a restaurant critic but that is certainly not what was described on the menu.
- Chapel GrilleJudiQ8Dined on 7/10/2014A wonderful old chapel beautifully restored. Worth visiting just to see the building but the food and service were very good. Everyone was very welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salumi Me!CristyVIPDined on 7/9/2014LOVED the SALUMI BOARD - parma prosciutto, fennel salami, bresaola, reggiano parmesan, chef’s apricot moutarda, mediterranean olives. What a great way to start the meal!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/8/2014new menu no good waitress very pleasant but new nothing about menu and service was poor I don't think chef was on must be baseball hats cooking
- Great ValueOutToLunchDined on 7/8/2014We went to Chapel Grille for lunch with a small group (6) to celebrate a work anniversary. The food and service were both great, and the bill was well within our corporate guidelines for a team lunch. Make sure you ask for the bread and oil sampler even if you are already having bread as part of a sandwich.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was very slowOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/7/2014Our waiter was very nice but I think he had too many tables to oversee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful buildingmichelvDined on 7/3/2014Amazing historic chapel...they have done a fantastic job renovating it. The service was impeccable. The food was good....the calamari was not my favorite. I had a seafood dish with shrimp, clams, mussels, scallops and fish in a tomato broth, it was very good. Prices are pretty high but great place for a nice dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/2/2014Overall great experience. Was a quiet night and service was attentive. Miss the small servings that are no longer on menu -first night of new menu.Special Features:
- HopSingVIPDined on 7/1/2014I have been here many times and have never been disappointed. I have tried many of the items on the menu which are always delivered fresh and well prepared. Great for a meeting or a night out. Great staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diningDined on 7/1/2014Very nice the wait for lunch was a little long, we arrived at 12:30 but did not get out of the restaurant until 2:30Special Features:
- Loved it!JBC1Dined on 6/28/2014I really enjoyed the chaple grille. It's beautiful and the food was fantastic. I can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- usguyzDined on 6/28/2014My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our first visit to Chapel Grille. Our server John was personable and very knowledgeable about the menu items. He answered all of our questions. He was attentive but not pushy; which we appreciate. His assistant server Andrew was quick to refill the water glasses and offer assistance as well. Our meals were phenomenal. I told John I had never enjoyed a chicken dinner as much so that meal. The garlic Parmesan potatoes were amazing. I passed on the deserts but my husband raved about the peach bread pudding croissant. We have been telling family, friends and co-workers about you wonderful restaurant. I'm looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what happened???luveatingout1Dined on 6/27/2014I normally love your Veal Polpetine and order every time I am there. This time, however, the meatballs were different. Not in a good way. I actually did not eat them. Not sure if the recipe has changed or the chef but please go back to your winning recipe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good ExterpeiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014We had a great time. Very romantic for a date night for two parents looking to get away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A RHODE ISLAND GEMFLORIDAJIM1Dined on 6/26/2014Our first visit to this restaurant was recommended by many friends who know good food. The ambiance must be among the best in R.I. and the food matched the ambiance. The presentation, temperature and taste were all as they should be in a fine restaurant. Our server and her assistant were attentive, knowledgeable and welcoming. Definitely on our list for our next visit to RI.Special Features:
- Great entreesTwelveLordsDined on 6/26/2014Second time at this restaurant. EXCELLENT entrees. Apps and desserts are just O.K. Try to get seated in the bar or "infirmary" atrium. The middle dining room is pretty ho-hum.
- Girls night outAnncamsDined on 6/25/2014I have eaten at Chapel Grille about 5-6 times now. I have never had a bad meal and it is just stunning inside and out. The service is always slow so you cannot go there with the intention of leaving in an hour; it is a night out. The waiters are accommodating for allergy issues and are always pleasant.Special Features:
- First time and will returnThanksgiving2013VIPDined on 6/21/2014This was our first time at the Chapel Grille. I had been concerned because of some of the Yelp reviews. However, we found the food and service very good and the restaurant has a very nice wine list. The view, of course, is beautiful. We ate too much but that was our choice. Next time, and we will go back, we will order from the Petites section: I'm looking forward to the Fra Diavlo. Prices were what we expected but then when we want an inexpensive meal we go to a Fast Food restaurant. Our only nit was that our table was a tad too small for 2 people.Special Features:
- Simply FabulousLovetoeatoutDined on 6/21/2014A favorite for any occasion, anytime. The staff is of the utmost professional. Food is superb.Special Features:
- INCREDIBLE!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2014We had two of the best entrees we've ever experienced (Beef Strogonoff and Lobster Ravioli). We shared the Burrata Caprese - amazing! We really enjoyed the bread and wine appetizer as well. No room for dessert - maybe next time. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceExcellentVIPDined on 6/21/2014We have always had great food at Chapel Grill but this past visit included great service as pleasant addition. Loved our visit there and will be sure to return.Special Features: