3000 Chapel View Blvd
Cranston, RI 02920Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chapelgrilleri.com/
- Phone: 4019444900x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Tues
11:00 am - 9:00 pm
Weds - Thurs
11:00 am - 10:00 pm
Fri - Sat
11:00 am - 11:00 pm
10:00 am - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Tim Kelly
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Chapel Grille
Nestled within a hilltop village, Chapel Grille is the crown jewel of Rhode Island’s restaurant scene. Relax on their terrace overlooking stunning panoramic horizon views, sunset-washed Providence skyline and the beautifully lit bridges at dusk. Featuring hearth style cuisine and a Mediterranean Italian influenced menu focusing on locally foraged ingredients prepared with care and served with ceremony. Watch your pizza being fired in their woodstone hearth oven while enjoying a glass of wine in the soaring cathedral bar or cozy up by the fireplace for a dining experience second to none.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chapel Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
200 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (123)romantic (105)great for outdoor dining (70)fit for foodies (65)notable wine list (61)scenic view (55)good for groups (51)neighborhood gem (51)vibrant bar scene (47)great for lunch (40)hot spot (26)great for brunch (22)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Great Ambiance.MoveMe2VIPDined on 10/25/2014We had the special of the night, 9oz tenderloin with 2 stuffed shrimp. Food was delicious. The only complaint would be it was soooooo loud in there! There was a party of 30 right behind us and they were extremely loud and obnoxious. They should of been in their own room. Other than that, it was good.Special Features:
- Shattered ExpectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/25/2014When we were seated, someone asked is we would like water. When our server came , she asked if we knew what we wanted and finally realized that we were not given menus. She asked if we wanted a drink and proceeded to tell us about the specials. Two of the four meals were Surf and Turf and one was supposed to be medium well and the other was supposed to be rare. The medium well was labeled rare and was cooked medium rare. The rare one was labeled medium well and was cooked well. We sent back the one cooked well. One of the sides for those two meals were not delivered until we were practically finished. The manager came over and apologized. There was no compensation for the mix ups and the meals were not cheap!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sat night-CRAZYbzgirlDined on 10/25/2014Have been to Chapel Grille and food is good...but whew, it was crazy Sat night (think there was a HUGE party somewhere)...service and noise level started out fine but by 7 it was really bad...noisy, servers literally threw the spoons for our dessert on the table (one short) and they just lost it. I know it was Family Weekend at Brown so we specifically left Providence hoping it would be less crazy in Cranston. Guessed incorrectly. Would return but never on a Sat night (assume Friday night is just as bad). Unfortunate since we had out of town guests...
- chapelisciousmassexcitementVIPDined on 10/25/2014It is like your in a fairy tale and the set is gorgeous. Can't believe the work that was done to bring this alive. Would love to share this with my daughter. Lovely presentation of the building and the food. The chefs were having a competition as to which one would sell the most of their special entree of the evening. I hope the 2 lb. stuffed lobster won because is was heavenly. And, the triple chocolate mousse was excellent. My husband loved his chocolate martini...said that could have been dessert all by itself. 3.5 hours flew by....look forward to going back.Special Features:
- Beautiful place, priceyLunchingLadiesDined on 10/25/2014Chapel Grille is lovely, the decor is stunning, menu reads well but is pricey and portions are skimpy. This was the second time our group met there but it will be the last. There are other places in the area that are more reasonable and the food is better.Special Features:
- Great FindCWETaylorDined on 10/24/2014We just bought a home in Warwick and our friend told us about this restaurant. Very glad he did!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/22/2014When I dine at Chapel Grille, I always request a certain table. I did this when I made the reservation and when I arrived they said it was reserved for someone. I realize this is not major but it is to me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre BuffetRhodyGirlVIPDined on 10/19/2014The buffet food was tepid at best. Disappointing.
- Bday girlOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014I had brunch here for a birthday celebration. It was excellent! The food was of the highest quality!Special Features:
- chic, expensive, good serviceRathernotsayDined on 10/18/2014The restaurant is always busy (at least on Saturday evenings). The tables are quite close and the service was a little slow. Considering the number of people there, it is really not THAT bad. I wished the service was a little quicker. Food was good, the specials ended up being the most expensive items. Overall, it is a great place to be on a first date because it does not make you look cheap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic Fine Dining - Special NightFoodie253Dined on 10/17/2014Went for our anniversary last week, enjoyed very much. The service and food were outstanding. Thanks very much to our server Michael and his assistant George! Atmosphere was very busy and maybe even a bit loud, but probably because there was a large party next to us. However, the service, food and the view made up for it. Beautiful location, interesting layout and interior design. We would love to go back again and will do so soon.Special Features:
- JoanDined on 10/11/2014Beautiful restaurant. The food was excellent. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Eh...pickyeaterDined on 10/11/2014For the amount of money spent i probably wouldn't go back. The food, service, and ambience were great, but i could've received the same service and better food on the hill for $100 less. Drinks were really expensive and very strong.Special Features:
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014This was the first time that we visited.Every great food etc. Waiter was very attentive and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lacklusterSio927Dined on 10/5/2014We were very excited to try this restaurant. We got there and much of the menu was unavailable for two people and required a larger group to order. The service was subpar but the manager was very nice. The food wasn't very good but it was okay. I would give it three out of five stars. Bad service, food that wasn't great, extremely limited menu for only two people, and very pricey... I am not sure if I would recommend Chapel Grille yet to anyone, it could certainly use some work.Special Features:
- Great food and servicewineanddineoftenDined on 10/3/2014We were able to make a reservation on very short notice for the same evening. The table was close to a window where we had a great view of the city. The food, service and view were excellent. The only negative part of the evening (and I realize this is almost impossible for the restaurant to control) was that the noise level was quite excessive with others around us saying the same. However, the quality of the food and service was so good that we will go back.Special Features:
- Always a delightFineDinerVIPDined on 10/3/2014The restaurant's beauty says, "I have arrived" and the food does not disappoint. The cocktails have clever names. Their take on a Cosmo was quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/2/2014The bar is great. It is the Chapel. This was our first time eating in the bar, but it won't be our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good time was had by allOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/1/2014Hadn't been there in awhile but wanted to show my niece the great interior design. Was a bit concerned since reviews are mixed. All 5 of us thought our meals were great. Pumpkin bread pudding was a huge hit. Our server was great,very pleasant and attentive. Only complaint was that we had a booth near the kitchen door and the plate banging noise was quite distracting. Next time, we will ask for a table on the right hand side of the dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowKing401Dined on 10/1/2014I made dinner reservations for my girlfriends birthday dinner. The server exceeded my expetations. We will be returning pretty soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014Went to the Chapel Grille for my birthday and everything was top notch. The food and service were incredible. I had worked at the Ocean House in Watch Hill in College and Chapel Grille I think may have a better restaurant experience.Special Features:
- DisappointedJ29VVIPDined on 9/29/2014Place had potential, but we were placed in the outside bar area that was VERY noisy. We asked to be moved because of the noise and were moved further away in the same room. Waitress was very nice and well meaning, but food service was SLOW, and not well timed (how long does it take to put soup in a cup?). Most of the food ended up being pretty good, but timing and abiance were big detractors. Plenty of other places to go to. Unlikely I would be back.
- A nice surprise-middle of nowhere!winerdinerDined on 9/21/2014We were in Providence for the night and Chapel Grille was recommended by a friend. Driving through not the best of neighborhoods, and arriving at a strip mall, we were very pleasantly surprised when we saw then entered Chapel Grille. A tastefully done and ample space, with a cathedral ceiling and a working fireplace, a nice bar, and outdoor seating (we sat inside as the weather was bad). The food was excellent , the wine list reasonably extensive with many good choices, and the service professional (though a couple times needlessly conversation disruptive.) There were not many diners so it was very easy to enjoy a relaxed conversation. It was a very enjoyable evening. For where it is I'd dare say that Chapel Grille is an outstanding choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RI's best brunch is back!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014I am so happy that brunch is back at Chapel Grille, and even better than it was before! Now you have the choice of a buffet, or the traditional a la carte menu with new options on it. All 4 of us did the buffet, and we had so much to choose from. There was the typical breakfast foods, an omelet station, a pasta station, a carving station, desserts, and more! The smoked salmon was a favorite for all of us. I would highly recommend brunch at Chapel Grille, whether for a simple meal or a special celebration. The restaurant itself is beautiful, and the staff is great. Give brunch a try, you won't regret it!Special Features:
- scrodVIPDined on 9/20/2014great atmosphere.....need to work on the service and food is only so soSpecial Features:
- 10th AnniversaryBCM1Dined on 9/17/2014Took my wife there for our 10th anniversary. It was a great choice. Atmosphere was perfect food was excellent service was almost perfect waiter was great assistant waiters needed some work. A little more spendy than we're used to but otherwise a perfect spot for such a special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eztra extra $$$iceman777Dined on 9/13/2014food was good/ Dont like the fact that most dishes dont have veg etc sides . Too much a la carte . Wont rush backSpecial Features:
- Vegans BewareDukeDeVDined on 9/12/2014The restaurant was notified through Open Table that I am a vegan. I got two choices when I got there. A chicken dinner without the chicken and a scallop dish without the scallops. That was a bit disappointing since I paid full price for a scallop dinner without the scallops which meant my dish was a dollop of rice with minimal veggies. It was acceptable but not a "do over." I don't anticipate returning to the restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must try if in RIAnnSDined on 9/10/2014Chapel View is a a must when in Cranston. Ambiance is lovely. Service is great. Food is good. A nice dining experience.Special Features:
- foodieVIPDined on 9/8/2014Food overall seems a bit lackluster….The locale/ambience greatly exceeds the food.Special Features:
- Outstanding!rj12Dined on 9/6/2014Loved this restaurant and will be back. Excellent service and outstanding food done to perfection. Wonderful ambiance and attentive service. Thank you! :)Special Features:
- Third time, as good as the firstTightsqueezeDined on 9/6/2014Becoming our go to place for special occasions and such. So good every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/3/2014Great restaurant. Food, staff and ambiance was excellent. One of the best evenings all around.Special Features:
- Second TripEasterDined on 8/31/2014So we actually got a hotel room to return to this restaurant....we enjoyed it that much.Special Features:
- Not pleasedpathfinderDined on 8/30/2014Waiter was extremely good but constantly interrupting to see if everything was ok. The noise was bothersome and we were upstairs. The food (steak tips) wasn't the quality I had on prior occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusual barPrayerfulDined on 8/29/2014food and service was great. Bar ambiance was unusual in Church with stain glass windows and all. Intend to go back just for drink sometime soonSpecial Features:
- Great AnniversaryGeky12Dined on 8/28/2014We decided to try the Chapel Grille after seeing it on Phantom Gourmet. It did not disappoint! The atmosphere, food and service all exceeded expectations. It made for a great Anniversary dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- something changed... for the worserobaDined on 8/24/2014Service and ambieance still good... Food has gone down hill. Not sure if they changed chefs, but something changed and changed for the worse. No longer a place we would go back to. We have enjoyed this restaurant many times and use to frequent it for special occasions... Unfortunately it is now off the list.
- phgpgwarwickDined on 8/23/2014Noise level made the dining experience barely tolerable. An otherwise nice dining experience was made only marginal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LarrydogDined on 8/22/2014Wonderful evening, food and service significantly above par. Main dining room was quiet and perfect for a romantic dinner. Other area of the restaurant quite loud, much more casual and better for a group. Overall certainly a place we will return to.Special Features: