3000 Chapel View Blvd
Cranston, RI 02920Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chapelgrilleri.com/
- Phone: (401) 944-4900
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Tues
11:00 am - 9:00 pm
Weds - Thurs
11:00 am - 10:00 pm
Fri - Sat
11:00 am - 11:00 pm
10:00 am - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Tim Kelly
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Chapel Grille
Nestled within a hilltop village, Chapel Grille is the crown jewel of Rhode Island’s restaurant scene. Relax on their terrace overlooking stunning panoramic horizon views, sunset-washed Providence skyline and the beautifully lit bridges at dusk. Featuring hearth style cuisine and a Mediterranean Italian influenced menu focusing on locally foraged ingredients prepared with care and served with ceremony. Watch your pizza being fired in their woodstone hearth oven while enjoying a glass of wine in the soaring cathedral bar or cozy up by the fireplace for a dining experience second to none.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chapel Grille - Best Restaurants in Cranston ›
Chapel Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
199 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (133)romantic (110)fit for foodies (71)notable wine list (63)great for outdoor dining (60)good for groups (57)neighborhood gem (56)scenic view (52)vibrant bar scene (48)great for lunch (44)hot spot (34)great for brunch (26)late-night find (16)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- wjv4Dined on 11/15/2014The food was fabulous. I had the Paella and it was one of the best I have ever had. Started with the Cleopatra salad and the ingredients were some of the freshest I have had. We were seated in the bar area and it was very noisy. Have been there before and every time I booked through open table was seated in this area. Not sure if this is where the open table reservations are always located or that was just how it happened to work out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CCccDined on 11/9/2014The service marred to otherwise lovely evening. The hostess graciously made an adjustment to our bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experiencedinner4twoDined on 11/8/2014From the moment we walked in the door, Chapel Grille was inpressible. The exterior walkways and decorations are beautiful. As soon as you enter, the ambience and environment is stunning. A beautiful two floor dining area, with the second level overlooking the bar. Wonderful decorstions, and the pleasant, comfortable seating is great. The staff is exceptionally pleasant, helpful, and courteous. Our waitress went out of her way to ensure we got excellent service, even though she was high tasked with many tables. The food was outstanding. From the appetizer through to desert, each dish was presented beautifully and had incredible flavor. I would highly recommend Chapel Grille.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2014Dine there numerous times. Food, service, and ambience never changes "outstanding"Special Features:
- Food was ExcellentDave8765Dined on 11/8/2014I had the risotto and my guest had fish and chips. Both prepared correctly, and very tasty. Service was perfect. Great ambiance. Will definitely add to my list of restaurants to book a party in the future. Thank youSpecial Features:
- TJ13Dined on 11/7/2014This was the first time at Chapel Grille for both myself and boyfriend. We were celebrating his birthday and were more than satisfied with every aspect of the evening! The food, service and atmosphere was incredible. Thank you for a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night at ChapelOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014First time ever going and I really enjoyed the food. Only con was the seating arrangement. Looks like they tried to jam up too many tables in one seating area and we were way too way to the next table and I had no room behind me. Didn't complain but Just make sure this doesn't happen and you get moved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AbbyDined on 11/7/2014Service of food was very slow, food was very salty, coffee was old, the atmosphere was the only thing that was nice. We were there for my mothers birthday very disappointed.
- OKOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014The restaurant for a Monday night was a little busy, this usually says a lot for a restaurant. Our food seemed a little rushed and not timed very well. the waitress was not very schooled in the wine menu and needed some help from us with this. Finally the wait staff Assistance was a little "rough" around the edges and not very personable when presenting the different Olive Oils to the table. We had questions and just shrugged them off and walked away..... If I can have a different wait staff, I would give it one more try!Special Features:
- A special place to dineLove2DineDined on 11/1/2014My husband and I ate here for our anniversary. There were many wonderful choices. The sirloin was cooked to perfection and there was a wonderful amount of seasoning on the sides. Service was good, even with it being a crowded Saturday evening. The prices are moderately high but well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- May have been an off nightjiggspoochDined on 11/1/2014This was not the first time we had been there to eat and the other times I would have given them a raving review. This time they were 15 minutes behind our reservation time then tried to sit us at a table that was so close to the other tables that you could not pull the chairs out. When we told them we could not sit there they made us wait for another 15 minutes while they sat reservation after us. Once we got a table the service was five star and the food was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisedAylaDined on 11/1/2014I had been to Chapel View once before and found it to be Excellent on all points. So I was suprised that there was seating upstairs, which was more casual, than the dining room, which I found disappointing. Next time I reserve I will know to request seating in the dining room. It was a special occasion so I would have loved to be in the beautiful dining room. It was very noisy upstairs. The service was about as good as it could be considering there were only 2 waiters upstairs. They needed as least 4. We were never asked if we wanted anything else to drink, or checked on. The waiter did apologize but was in such a hurry all the time. Anyways, the food was wonderful! Every dish was amazingly good so we will most certainly go back.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerJimmyJenDined on 11/1/2014Great service, wonderful place for our special dinner. Great food and wine list. Highly recommend to all.Special Features:
- Great food and servicedogfriendDined on 11/1/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at Chapel Gille . our server was excellent and food wonderful. Only complaint was we were seated in the outer bar area and it was a little noisy. Next time we will request the inner dining room . a great night.Special Features:
- Superb dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014With so many fine dining options in the RI area it is not easy to stand out, but Chapel Grille certainly manages to do just that. We are regulars at this outstanding culinary delight. Great ambiance, convenient location, outstanding staff, and of course fantastic food with lots of variation and creativity on a weekly basis. Main dining room, with best fireplace in RI, is romantic and beautiful. Wine list and cocktails are superb. Wait staff are always attentive without being intrusive. The weekly specials are truly special in that they are always changing and very creative. The Bar area is large, beautiful, and exciting with lots of energy, great service and uniques cocktails. Our biggest challenge here is finding something to criticize.Special Features:
- Great findjlwk57Dined on 10/31/2014I was traveling on business and found Chapel Grill on OT. The food was great, but the staff and service made the evening amazing. The larger than life portraits of the town founders are a little much, but the overall experience was second to none. I had a nice bottle of wine (half-off), local and seasonal oysters (also half-off) lamb chops and scallops. I would recommend them all.Special Features:
- First time but will returnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014We just went there for our first time last night. It was amazing and we fully intend to return. The service was amazing and our food was even better. The parking isn't the best but it is New England. I will definitely be returning on a regular basis for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Anniversary dinner!DaliceDined on 10/29/2014The restaurant entrance was extraordinary and continued into the full restaurant. Table seating was easily assigned with a great view of the area with a "sky view". The meal was nicely presented and the wine list was extensive. The food was cooked as we requested and seasoned nicely. The waite staff, James, was friendly and attentive to our needs. The whole experience was another anniversary dinner we will long remember.Special Features:
- Pleasant placeHornblowerDined on 10/26/2014Beautiful venue. Wife had an oriental style noodle/shrimp dish which was quite good. I had the small lamb chop dish of 3 chops and mashed; was tasty and adequate for my appetite. Clam/lobster chowder was very good and loaded with seafood, carrot and potato. Traditional calamari was very tender and mild flavored but the finger peppers had little heat. Service was timely, though not particularly warm or friendly. Deficiency for not offering to refill water glass, even though we were drinking it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice brunchLover4foodDined on 10/26/2014We had a good experience having SUnday brunch. We arrived at 1:15 and the closing was at 2. We had to wait for a guest coming from Boston. Because it was near the end things were not as plentiful on the buffet. What we had was quite good especially the roast beef and the Italian vegetables. Our server was very helpful with beverages and the dessert cookies were quite good. When the time came to close they wanted us to finish so the staff could clean up. Our server stopped them from taking things away before we finished out meal. If we return we will try to schedule the time for the buffet to allow for better timing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambiance.MoveMe2VIPDined on 10/25/2014We had the special of the night, 9oz tenderloin with 2 stuffed shrimp. Food was delicious. The only complaint would be it was soooooo loud in there! There was a party of 30 right behind us and they were extremely loud and obnoxious. They should of been in their own room. Other than that, it was good.Special Features:
- Shattered ExpectationsDinnerfor4Dined on 10/25/2014When we were seated, someone asked is we would like water. When our server came , she asked if we knew what we wanted and finally realized that we were not given menus. She asked if we wanted a drink and proceeded to tell us about the specials. Two of the four meals were Surf and Turf and one was supposed to be medium well and the other was supposed to be rare. The medium well was labeled rare and was cooked medium rare. The rare one was labeled medium well and was cooked well. We sent back the one cooked well. One of the sides for those two meals were not delivered until we were practically finished. The manager came over and apologized. There was no compensation for the mix ups and the meals were not cheap!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sat night-CRAZYbzgirlDined on 10/25/2014Have been to Chapel Grille and food is good...but whew, it was crazy Sat night (think there was a HUGE party somewhere)...service and noise level started out fine but by 7 it was really bad...noisy, servers literally threw the spoons for our dessert on the table (one short) and they just lost it. I know it was Family Weekend at Brown so we specifically left Providence hoping it would be less crazy in Cranston. Guessed incorrectly. Would return but never on a Sat night (assume Friday night is just as bad). Unfortunate since we had out of town guests...
- chapelisciousmassexcitementVIPDined on 10/25/2014It is like your in a fairy tale and the set is gorgeous. Can't believe the work that was done to bring this alive. Would love to share this with my daughter. Lovely presentation of the building and the food. The chefs were having a competition as to which one would sell the most of their special entree of the evening. I hope the 2 lb. stuffed lobster won because is was heavenly. And, the triple chocolate mousse was excellent. My husband loved his chocolate martini...said that could have been dessert all by itself. 3.5 hours flew by....look forward to going back.Special Features:
- Beautiful place, priceyLunchingLadiesDined on 10/25/2014Chapel Grille is lovely, the decor is stunning, menu reads well but is pricey and portions are skimpy. This was the second time our group met there but it will be the last. There are other places in the area that are more reasonable and the food is better.Special Features:
- Great FindCWETaylorDined on 10/24/2014We just bought a home in Warwick and our friend told us about this restaurant. Very glad he did!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/22/2014When I dine at Chapel Grille, I always request a certain table. I did this when I made the reservation and when I arrived they said it was reserved for someone. I realize this is not major but it is to me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre BuffetRhodyGirlVIPDined on 10/19/2014The buffet food was tepid at best. Disappointing.
- Bday girlOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014I had brunch here for a birthday celebration. It was excellent! The food was of the highest quality!Special Features:
- chic, expensive, good serviceRathernotsayDined on 10/18/2014The restaurant is always busy (at least on Saturday evenings). The tables are quite close and the service was a little slow. Considering the number of people there, it is really not THAT bad. I wished the service was a little quicker. Food was good, the specials ended up being the most expensive items. Overall, it is a great place to be on a first date because it does not make you look cheap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic Fine Dining - Special NightFoodie253Dined on 10/17/2014Went for our anniversary last week, enjoyed very much. The service and food were outstanding. Thanks very much to our server Michael and his assistant George! Atmosphere was very busy and maybe even a bit loud, but probably because there was a large party next to us. However, the service, food and the view made up for it. Beautiful location, interesting layout and interior design. We would love to go back again and will do so soon.Special Features:
- JoanVIPDined on 10/11/2014Beautiful restaurant. The food was excellent. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Eh...pickyeaterDined on 10/11/2014For the amount of money spent i probably wouldn't go back. The food, service, and ambience were great, but i could've received the same service and better food on the hill for $100 less. Drinks were really expensive and very strong.Special Features:
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014This was the first time that we visited.Every great food etc. Waiter was very attentive and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lacklusterSio927Dined on 10/5/2014We were very excited to try this restaurant. We got there and much of the menu was unavailable for two people and required a larger group to order. The service was subpar but the manager was very nice. The food wasn't very good but it was okay. I would give it three out of five stars. Bad service, food that wasn't great, extremely limited menu for only two people, and very pricey... I am not sure if I would recommend Chapel Grille yet to anyone, it could certainly use some work.Special Features:
- Great food and servicewineanddineoftenDined on 10/3/2014We were able to make a reservation on very short notice for the same evening. The table was close to a window where we had a great view of the city. The food, service and view were excellent. The only negative part of the evening (and I realize this is almost impossible for the restaurant to control) was that the noise level was quite excessive with others around us saying the same. However, the quality of the food and service was so good that we will go back.Special Features:
- Always a delightFineDinerVIPDined on 10/3/2014The restaurant's beauty says, "I have arrived" and the food does not disappoint. The cocktails have clever names. Their take on a Cosmo was quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/2/2014The bar is great. It is the Chapel. This was our first time eating in the bar, but it won't be our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good time was had by allOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/1/2014Hadn't been there in awhile but wanted to show my niece the great interior design. Was a bit concerned since reviews are mixed. All 5 of us thought our meals were great. Pumpkin bread pudding was a huge hit. Our server was great,very pleasant and attentive. Only complaint was that we had a booth near the kitchen door and the plate banging noise was quite distracting. Next time, we will ask for a table on the right hand side of the dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowKing401Dined on 10/1/2014I made dinner reservations for my girlfriends birthday dinner. The server exceeded my expetations. We will be returning pretty soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.