Chapada Chophouse & Churrascaria
2142 N. Tyler Rd.
Wichita, KS 67212Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Chapada Chophouse & Churrascaria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chapadachophouse.com/
- Phone: 3162014694x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our catering packages range from our delicious sandwiches, to our Brazilian open-flame cooked specialty meats, served with rice and feijoida.
- Private Party Facilities: Our Polo Room offers private dining for groups up to 25 people.
A word from Chapada Chophouse & Churrascaria
Brazilian open-flame, slow-roasting in the style of the Gauchos, re-mastered by our chefs for a dining and taste experience that's soon to be your favorite.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chapada Chophouse & Churrascaria - Best Restaurants in Wichita ›
Chapada Chophouse & Churrascaria reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (11)good for groups (6)fit for foodies (6)neighborhood gem (5)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (2)romantic (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Anniversary DinnerfoodieDined on 8/16/2014We went to Chapada's Saturday night with our son and daughter in law. We were celebrating our 39 anniversary. The service was great and we especially enjoyed one to the meat cooker/servers. They seated us by the rotisseries window and we enjoyed watching them cook our dinner. The prices are reasonable and we will definitely go again and take the rest of our family.Special Features:
- Best food and servicebirthdaypartyDined on 7/22/2014This was the very best filet mignon I have ever had. It was cooked to perfection which is really unusual since I want it well done. The service was great. Our beverages were never empty. The dessert that I had was unusual and delicious. I would recommend this establishment to anyone who would want an great dining experience in a wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KarlVIPDined on 6/25/2014Very fine service. Nice selection of wines and great food!Special Features:
- cooking of the meatsVerydispointdDined on 6/15/2014The filet is a very tender part of meat which indeed should be prepared tender, however every bite I ate tasted straight like blood! It was just an middle piece or a end piece it was every bite. It had absolutely no flavor but blood itself. The bacon wrapped chicken as well as the wings were sooo greasy an tacky like it had been sitting in the grease till being served. It was my family and I first visit and it was on fathers day and very expensive for such an experience...Special Features:
- Mother's Day 2014bjulietDined on 5/11/2014My husband, granddaughter (age 10) and I made a 2:30 reservation at Chapada Chophouse & Churrascaria the week prior to Mother's Day because we love the concept of the restaurant and thought it would make for a great dining experience on Mother's Day. We arrived at the restaurant more than 30 minutes early and were immediately seated, much to our surprise. Our hostess, waitress, and tableside servers were all very pleasant and helpful throughout our meal. When I went to the salad bar, I was going to get some diced watermelon and the attendant noticed the quantity was low so he asked me if he could get me some fresh. I was very pleased that he was willing to do that. The entire dining experience was amazing!Special Features:
- Great Food but not a Family Sceneluv2dineDined on 5/11/2014We went there for Mother's Day as mom's ate free. The food and service was 5 star. I was suprised though that the waitresses were wearing their regular dress code of very short skirts and low button shirts. It made it kind of awkward to have recommended it to my wife. Thank goodness the food was amazing and we got a great deal. So basically 5 star but I wouldn't bring my kids there because of the dress code. Seems more like a business man's restaurant.Special Features:
- The following 146 reviews are from the Chapada Chophouse & Churrascaria reviews archive.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014We had a group of 17 including children and the staff was very good. Food was excellent. Will return the next time we are in town :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014My Husband and I tried it for the first time for our 10th anniversary. It was perfect! Great ambience, food and service. In fact the food was amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014I came to Chapada for the first time with a prom group and we got the Churrascaria and were thoroughly impressed. It was definitely worth the money and all the food was amazing. The salad bar was clean and delicious. My personal favorite was the pineapple and bacon wrapped chicken. We loved getting to try everything and were very content. The servers were very kind and the building was quiet and cool. We loved it all!Special Features:
- carnivore delightRICHARDDined on 4/25/2014first trip here and i had the salmon and my wife had the half chicken. both were well prepared and we would order again. a little pricey, but if you are a real carnivore, this is the place to come. we saw the waiters making regular rounds with their skewers of different meat options, the service was prompt and the water glass was kept full. we live on the opposite side of town , but are looking forward to a return trip.Special Features:
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/26/2014This all-u-can-eat experience was VERY good! The food kept coming! I would highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/26/2014This is a specialty restaurant. The meat is very tasty. But you need to be a meatlover. There is virtually no way to escape overeating. The overall value and experience were overwhelmingly positive.Special Features:
- Given a second try.TheolbaldfartDined on 2/22/2014On our first visit we had a terrible service experience, we always try a place twice though before condemning. On our second visit we found the restaurant to be much busier. When seated they advised who our waitress would be. (same one as before) We emphatically requested a different server. Our request was accomodated and the new server (anna?) Did a wonderful job. Everything was top notch this evening except some servings that were a bit over the rare line. Highly recommend but they do need to address the other waitress as we observed her service of other tables, although better than we had recieved our first visit was stil lacking in comparrison to the other servers.Special Features:
- Part blahyummy001Dined on 2/21/2014Some of our food was pretty good, the steaks that is, but the calamari, salmon and Alfredo pasta were blah.
- We had the churruscaria--all-you-caCaseyDined on 2/15/2014We had the churruscaria--all-you-can-eat Brazilian barbecue with a nice variety of meats, served at the table, straight off the spit. Delicious (and rich). Come hungry. The only slight disappointment here is the absence of any lamb or mutton. BTW, the service was friendly and attentive, but (on this busy Saturday evening) a bit chaotic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okSalzarDined on 2/15/2014The salad buffet from before lets say a year ago was much better. Now you just get sald for 8 bucks,really?(only one trip) Give me some meat for that price like taquitos from before. The all you can eat meat, not bad. the meat is good but, the rice and beans that comes with i could of done better with rice and beans from a can. If i am going to pay that much i should be able to have variety of what i can for my side and as much as i like. No bread either. I have been there three times i believe, first time great, second ok, third i think i am done.
- never had saltier food!nosaltdudeDined on 2/14/2014The service was pretty good, great drinks, but the end was apparent when I tasted the first bite of salt enhanced by some very well done grilled meat. Please, please, leave out a few grams of salt! I will drink plenty in spite of a lower salting and ruining of some great protein! DON'T SALT THE MEAT SO HARDSpecial Features:
- Great food...Good PriceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Busy night, but took it all in stride, we did the Chophouse not the Churrascaria and had 2 awesome Filets. Service was OK, friendly and pleasant, not fast...which would have been OK except we were at the tail end of the night and a bit tired. (9pm reservation).Special Features:
- Mmmm such good meat!Cholland7811VIPDined on 2/14/2014Husband and I went here for valentines day. We were pleasantly surprised that the churrascaria was $10 cheaper than shown online!! The salad bar was just okay, but we weren't there for that, so it was okay. The meat was excellent - favorites were the picanha, bacon wrapped chicken, and sausage. All full of flavor! The red meats were not cooked as much as we tend to like, but we asked for a little more on the medium well side and they brought us an entire plate of steak cooked to our liking!! Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great food, Poor ServiceDerbyReviewerDined on 2/14/2014The food is always excellent and very well prepared. The guys that serve the meat are the only ones who understand what customer service means. Valentine's day and the two tables seated after us had their wine before our waitress made an appearance. I finally went to the reception desk and then she showed up acting like we were bothering her. After she took our order we never saw her again until she picked up my credit card! The manager brought our wine, another server brought the plates and the guys served the meat. The last time the service was even worse and we said we would give them one more chance. No firm decision but when you have you pour your own wine and can't get water refills I do t think we will go back.Special Features:
- omgyummy456Dined on 2/12/2014This was amazing, prices scared me at first but when it came time to eat. Pure pleasure. Meet that melts i your mouth, flavor are so great. My new favor place for a romantic night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timejesse1378Dined on 2/8/2014I took my wife for the all you can eat. Everything was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tongue friendly, Stomach approved.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/30/2014Relaxed and quiet atmosphere with tongue friendly meats that delivers frequent tonguegasims as well as overwhelming God sent pleasure that ultimately results in total satisfaction. While the price is slightly heavy, there is no question that the value wins the battle. For special occasions or if you desire to go somewhere you can expect incredible food and service I look no further than Chapada. I have already created a small army of food lovers who frequent this place as of now and plan to continue to recommend this place to only the people who want to experience what heaven in the form of food can taste like. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, OK ServiceDerbyReviewerDined on 1/18/2014The food was awesome... The Sea Salt Sirloin and Garlic Sirloin were incredible and cooked to perfection. I really love the sausage and the chicken was tender and juicy. Service left a lot to be desired... No drink refills and the Gaucho's were very inconsistent on their meat rotation. We will probably go back because of the food to give the service another try.Special Features:
- wonderful!steaksrg8Dined on 1/17/2014My wife and I came for our anniversary and had a wonderful time! The food was awesome. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was an amazing experience !manwitahartDined on 1/9/2014The food was amazing and so different from other restaurants in town. Can't wait to go there again. Affordable prices !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatRainKing93Dined on 12/17/2013We visited Chapada for the first time to entertain a company executive visiting Wichita (my boss). Overall the experience was fine. The food is very good, so much so that we made many attempts to request specific additional quantities of filets and sirloin, specifically. We were continually offered more of other foods, but the beef never came. We saw it visit nearby tables, but not ours. On two occassions a waiter dropped food on me, once hitting my shirt, and once my pants, while serving those I was seated next to. I was wearing some of my nicer clothes given the presence of my boss. The management did offer to pay for the dry cleaning; as of yet I haven't picked up my clothes to see if the grease was able to be removed from them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!MrsWildBillDined on 11/29/2013We had a great time. The food was very good, and the churrascuria was a new experience for us, and we really enjoyed it. More people need to know!Special Features:
- Excellent Foodn2hockyDined on 11/9/2013Staff was great, friendly and prompt. Knew the menu and the food was very good and had a great presentation. Overall we had a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had High Hopes...guysnightoutDined on 10/26/2013This place has great ambiance and did "okay" at a lot of things but nothing was outstanding. The churrascaria experience lacked in both selection and execution. What they did have was tasty enough, just awkward in presentation and no system in place to let the "gauchos" know when to offer more or leave you alone. Of special note was the sausage, spicy and well-cooked. Everyone in our party liked it. The garlic mashed potatoes were done well enough, but the mac and cheese had a weird green chili taste. The main course (meats) arrived way before the sides, and the wine arrived almost halfway through the meal. Also, the restaurant called in the middle of our meal to confirm our reservation. Awkward...kind of like the whole experience.
- More options, same delicious foodSarahWillDined on 10/14/2013This was our 4th visit to Chapada, and it did not disappoint. The churrascaria is delicious as ever, and it seems the price has gone down to $25 for the never ending meat-fest. Also, it comes with more perks- now unlimited beans & rice (as if you'd have room after 1 plate!). Also, the 'small plates', what I usually order, have expanded options. I tried the steak tacos, and got a bowl of soup along with it, and with the salad bar plate, sides plate and bread, was completely full & happy. I like that they have added a 'dinner for two' option (supposedly the night we visited in Oct 2013 was their debut of this option) and a 'Churrasca plate' which includes an assortment of all the meats, only without the unlimited meat option. Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceDLN1014Dined on 10/12/2013I've been to quite a few Brazilian steakhouses, and Chapada does quite well, given it's in a smaller market and a more casual food scene in Wichita. The variety isn't as big as you'd see at Fogo de Chao, but it's good quality. The service and ambiance are excellent. This would be a great first-date scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carnivore DelightlibbyDined on 10/10/2013Great experience for customers. Nice atmosphere during the weekdays.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!ShelbDined on 10/4/2013We enjoyed tasty Brazilian drinks. We both had steaks which were very, very good! I would definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Might go backKansasDined on 8/30/2013We had a group of four. Three of us had the Brazilian style meal and one had the rib eye. The rib eye with sweet potato fries was very good. The salad bar provided with the Brazilian style meal was pretty simple. The meats served were over cooked or under cooked. Some of the meats were dry. The service was good. Would probably go back for the rib eye.
- good food good servicejohnDined on 8/25/2013The service was energetic and frist class but no overdone. The foood taste and quality was well above average. Wonderful variety of main course and salad bar is well stocked.with more than the standard fareSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good unique dining experienceThehappycoupleDined on 8/17/2013Our Dinner Was Delicious. The Gauchos Were Excellent. Service Was Great. A At 35 Per Plate It Is Not An Every Day Eatery, But Very good For Special Occasions, Or Business Dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for dates...but good foodBassChicDined on 8/8/2013The food was good, the appearance of the restaurant (inside and out) was very appealing, but it's lacking a sense of class. With such a rich wood design on the inside, you get the feeling of class and romance. After being seated by the hostess, we were warmly greeted by our waitress.....in a very very short miniskirt. It was then that we noticed that the waitresses were all clad in very short miniskirts and boots. How could you not notice when they leaned over someone's table to remove dishes and saw their panties? Needless to say, we began to associate our dinner experience with a trip to Twin Peaks. We didn't expect this from what APPEARED to be a classy restaurant. Not good for a date night....but ok for traveling business men.
- The best pile of meat I've ever hadPseudoDesignerDined on 7/15/2013They just bring you meat on sticks and just keep going until you cry stop. It's amazing. Everything was delicious, the pineapple at the end was to die for. The drinks were perfect, the meats were roasted to perfection, I want to go back right now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodBgcpaDined on 7/14/2013Very good experience. Great service! Our only disappointment was very limited sides and salad bar that were included and the lettuce was wilted. I have been to other Brazilian restaurants that had a better selection of sides and salads that were included. Meat and service were great. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.