Chantanee Thai Restaurant & Bar
601 108th Ave NE, STE 100A
Bellevue, WA 98004Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
Chantanee Thai Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chantanee.com/
- Phone: 425-455-3226
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm Happy Hour Daily 3pm - 6pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai
- Executive Chef: Chantanee Family
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Naga Bar is available for buy outs. Naga is the only craft cocktail bar on the Eastside and has one numerous awards and press mentions for craft and obscure cocktails.
- Entertainment: Live music on some weekends.
A word from Chantanee Thai Restaurant & Bar
The Chantanee Thai Restaurant and Bar is a family owned and operated, critically acclaimed Thai restaurant. Described as North America's best Thai restaurant it combines the best in Thai cuisine with amazing drinks from its Naga bar, the only craft cocktail lounge in Bellevue. The Naga bar stays open later after the restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chantanee Thai Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- a little disappointednew2thisDined on 1/24/2014I have been here for lunch and liked it, so I booked a reservation to bring my wife and friends. Even though I had a reservation and the restaurant was only half full, they put us in the booth attached to the bar area (nosier than I would prefer). we were greeted almost immediately upon sitting down & ordered a couple appetizers which came up very quickly and tasted great. we ordered 1 more plate of them and drinks for everyone, but didn't see the anyone for almost 30 minutes, then with a drink clarification and no appetizer. got food ordered & upon deliver we never saw the waitstaff again till we asked someone to please get our check. about 15 minutes later we grabbed someone to take our payment. if we were attended too, I would go back...
- Great food, great locationsmallsDined on 12/21/2013One of my favorite Thai spots in the Seattle/Bellevue area. The food is great - we had the Spring Rolls, Vegetable Fried Rice, Panang Curry and Ginger Vegetables and enjoyed each dish thoroughly. The ambiance is great - and fitting for families, date night, or a group dinner. The service was a little slow when we were there (they forgot to bring out our drinks), but it was also a very busy Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chantanee is SlippingCookstersalibiDined on 12/14/2013We have been a long time client of Chantanee. Our frequency of visiting Chantanee has slowed since the restaurant moved to the Key building in Bellevue. After the move, the food was good but the price point had definitely increased when compared to their previous location. We had dinner on Saturday, December 14th at 6:15pm and found the restaurant 3/4ths empty with one person in the bar. Not a good sign. While the service was good and very attentive, the quality & taste of the food is slipping when compared to our previous visits. The ice water had a strange taste. The Chicken Phad Tai came very quickly. Too quickly in fact and the noodles were mushy. Other dishes were ok, but not outstanding. Taste of the water is concerning.
- Oddly flavored duckHaynesDined on 12/13/2013This review is for the Honey Coriander Duck. The sauce was flavorful and delicious but the duck had a very unpleasant flavor that no strongly seasoned sauce could cover up. Ended up leaving the duck and just drizzling the sauce over rice instead.
- Bellevue quiet spotGoodEats98005Dined on 12/7/2013Downtown Bellevue is crazy around the holidays. This is not. Quiet and tables available on a Friday night. Try that at Bell Square!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not What it use to Bemlp3151VIPDined on 11/25/2013We have been to Chantanee quite a few times in its relatively new location. We had a reservation one night and it was totally ignored. They had it on their books...just failed to have a table for us. The food seems more institutional. They have some of our standard favorites but not prepared as well. Some of the sauces have become too sweet (especially the Phad Thai) The service is abrupt. When the food arrives before the water is poured...... feels more like a fast food place.Special Features:
- I enjoyed the restaurant veryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/6/2013I enjoyed the restaurant very much , the food was delicious, great atmosphere. ,good prices. i took a friend from out of town there and we stayed till the restaurant was almost empty. i would go there again and bring other people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent Food Quality and Serviceonthe4frntDined on 10/24/2013I frequent this place every other week or so with a friend and we always enjoy the food and service. Food is consistent, fairly priced - for Bellevue, and delicious. Portion size is adequate. Food has always come out quickly, which is great when you're hungry! Service is also top notch. Typically the same waitresses and they do a great job at greeting, seating, and taking orders. They also come back to see how you're doing and even some small talk before the meal. Overall, I highly recommend this restaurant if you're in the Bellevue area. Of course there's other great Thai food restaurants, but Chantanee's consistency makes it a quick choice to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but so so serviceBellevuegalDined on 8/13/2013We came on time for our reservation but there was a line in front of us and by the time it was our turn, it was 5mins past our reservation time. The greeter said we were late and that we should call if we are coming late. Food was actually pretty good especially the panang curry. The mass cooked Pad Thai in the lunch combos were below average, definitely doesn't have the taste. I took a bite and didn't want any of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/11/2013Been here multiple times and it had been always the best Thai food in eastside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thai food in a lovely,msmontanaDined on 8/9/2013Great Thai food in a lovely, inviting setting with great service!Special Features:
- Great Thai food in BellevueOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/30/2013My friend and I had no complaints and enjoyed the food and service. Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Thai, ridiculously overpricedCooljonezVIPDined on 7/18/2013Chantanee was a great place when it was a hole in the wall in a strip mall. Since moving to the Key Bank Building, they've adopted a fussy bar menu, linen napkins, and ridiculous prices. I only go here when someone else is paying.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thai foodjain49VIPDined on 7/17/2013The food quality was outstanding. Service was friendly and the ambiance was great. Only problem -- this place is difficult to find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun time for allNannaDined on 7/6/2013Six of us-- good service, excellent hot, not spicy food. As usual, good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!NannaDined on 6/28/2013We noticed the friendliness from the time we walked in to the restaurant. The hostess was gracious, helpful and very knowledgeable about the menu. The food has flavors that were excellent even though people could have no spices and one was allergic to a few ingredients. The chef made every effort to honor the two challenges. We would go there again to enjoy a meal.Special Features:
- Great Thai restaurant in downtownOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/19/2013This place has always provided good Thai food at a very friendly ambience. Prices are very reasonable too, and I never had any complaints here. Waitresses are also very helpful in providing you the level of spiciness geared for your specific tastes/needs.Special Features:
- better than ever, fabulous ThaieastsiderVIPDined on 6/15/2013long our favorite Thai place, but we hadn't been yet this year. Amazingly, it's better than our fondest memories! Sizzling Panang duck, crispy garlic chicken, best-sauced Phad Seiu and Yum salads in all the Thai restaurants we've tried outside Thailand :-)Special Features:
- Great ThaiOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/10/2013Chantanee is always worth a visit. Everyone in our group loved their dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good solid thai foodDessertfirstVIPDined on 5/14/2013I'm never blown away here, but I do come back, because I know it'll be the same as last time. Good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfied CustomersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2013When we arrived we were seated by the kitchen. There was plenty of seating. I think that seating their customers by the kitchen door should be when its packed out and theres no seats available. Other than that, the service and the food was great.Special Features:
- Food is undoubtedly great!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013Food is undoubtedly great!! Never a complaint regarding the food. But the waiter was not very attentive or friendly. Food was delivered quickly but waiter never checked back to see if we needed anything and was somewhat dismissive. We had to ASK to order desert and he never came with the check - I had to ASK someone to send over our waiter.Special Features:
- Great placeExcellentVIPDined on 3/24/2013Some of the best Thai food around. The food can be a little on the sweet side but Thai does tend to run that way sometimes. THE best bar around. Service can be VERY slow. Overall a great place. Everyone we have taken there just love it. Would defintely recommendSpecial Features:
- Excellent food and creativepostlemayvisitVIPDined on 3/23/2013Excellent food and creative beverage menu. Hard to find from the parking garage so look at the parking video on the website.
- We ordered 3 appetizers andFergusonDined on 3/2/2013We ordered 3 appetizers and 4 entrees and everything was delicious. We were fortunate enough to have a cozy booth for our party of four, and so the dinner seemed private. Loved it! Thanks for a great experience.Special Features:
- I enjoyed food; however, myOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2013I enjoyed food; however, my spouse said that it was not authentic enough for him.Special Features:
- Service was outstanding!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/16/2013Service was outstanding!! Food came super quick. Green curry chicken was the best I've had....EVER.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)MazamaparkerVIPDined on 2/14/2013We've had several visits to Chantanee, all with good ratings. This one, however, caught us off guard. The Crisp Duck was almost all batter and very little duck. What duck was in it was quite dry. Very disappointed. It's fairly loud.
- We had dinner reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/9/2013We had dinner reservations and were sat at a small table in the bar section, which was a bit disappointing. Conversation was a bit difficult due to very high noise level. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Chantanee is a favorite restaurantCarolsGalaxyDined on 1/18/2013Chantanee is a favorite restaurant on the Eastside and is almost consistently very good.Special Features:
- Excellent cocktails... SitOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/12/2013Excellent cocktails... Sit in the bar for a more romantic vibe. Great food and wonderful service!Special Features:
- My wife and I dined here withCasualDinerDined on 1/2/2013My wife and I dined here with my son and girlfriend, who eat here regularly. We shared the Phad Thai, Crispy Garlic Chicken, and their ongoing favorite, the Heavenly Beef. All were tasty and well prepared.Special Features:
- Chantanee is outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/22/2012Chantanee is outstanding! The new location, although somewhat convoluted to find, is worth the effort. The ambience and the food make for a very pleasant dining experience. It is our #1 choice for Thai, Asian food.Special Features:
- Best Thai in BellevueExcellentVIPDined on 10/20/2012It was fantastic. The red curry was probably the best I've ever had. My daughter in law ordered it with the fried tofu and I even liked that. She was totally in love with it. The chicken and beef dishes my husband and I ordered were also fantastic but not as memorable as the red curry. My husband and I both ordered 5 star hot and it wasn't that hot but what 5 star should be. Next time I'll ask for Thai hot, although they did not offer it. We are new transplants to town and this is the best Thai restaurant we have found so far. Love it and will be back.Special Features:
- Hostess said us in the barOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012Hostess said us in the bar area despite having a reservation. It was awkward somewhat sitting at a small circular table. Food was salty and nothing special.
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/10/2012The Manager was terrible. Gave me such an attitude when asking for parking validation. Seriously? Parking is what you loose a long term customer over?
- Over-priced - poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/5/2012This place is difficult to find and when you call to ask for guidance you can understand the people who answer the phone. In regards to rhe food, the pot stickers are like Costco and the prices are too steep. After we ordered the food came so fast we asked if it was cooked in a microwave. This over-priced Thai food. I won't return.
- Good but not excellentLivetoeatDined on 8/30/2012This is an above average Thai restaurant. the food from the kitchen is competent, but the team in front is lagging. In order to rise into an elite level, many details have to be examined; for example, how they greet patrons and acknowledge reservations, and provide better directions on guest parking.
- Great Thai food in a well-placed,OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/29/2012Great Thai food in a well-placed, downtown location. I had the heavenly chicken and it was delicious! Did not try any drinks (but water), but the food was great!Special Features:
- nice decor large menu greatmlp3151VIPDined on 8/28/2012nice decor large menu great flavor but something is off. seems like production line food.Special Features: