981 W. Grove Street
Boise, ID 83702Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chandlersboise.com/
- Phone: (208) 383-4300
- Hours of Operation:
Martini bar opens at 4:00pm daily for cocktails and appetizers.
Dinner seating starts at 5:30pm Daily.
Don't forget about Prime Rib Sundays with an expanded three course menu priced at $27 featuring our slowly roasted Prime Rib, Trout, Lamb Osso Bucco, Duck Two Ways, and Pork Tenderloin.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Luis Flores
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Passed appetizers, reception area, full business presentations, we have done it! Fine dining for 50 (plus!) as we like to call it. We will customize any menu for you.
- Private Party Facilities: Business and group meetings, presentations, receptions, private parties and holiday functions. Banquet facilities that don't compromise service, food or atmosphere. Two private dining rooms with banquet service for 20 to 90. Full AV capabilities. It's not only a company function, it's fine dining for 50!
- Private Party Contact: Michelle Santos email@example.com 2083834300 x
- Entertainment: We feature live Jazz seven days a week.
- Special Events: Sunday Nights we offer our Prix Fix menu from 5:30 - 10:00 p.m., featuring our Prime Rib. 3 course meal, with four entree choices, Prime Rib, Trout, Pork Tenderloin, or .
"10 Minute Martini" ALWAYS!
Live Jazz, 7 nights a week, no cover.
A word from Chandlers Steakhouse
Prime steaks, fresh seafood and an award winning wine list combine with friendly service and a warm, inviting atmosphere making Chandlers Steakhouse your destination of choice for a remarkable dining experience. Home of the famous "10 minute martini" enjoy live jazz 7 days a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Chandlers Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Boise ›
Chandlers Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
163 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (140)romantic (117)notable wine list (86)fit for foodies (76)vibrant bar scene (49)good for groups (34)hot spot (29)late-night find (16)neighborhood gem (14)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Wonderful Downtown Boise GemZoe2Dined on 11/15/2014Every time we travel to Boise Idaho we always make it to Chandlers Restaurant . Love the intimate atmosphere and great food . I highly recommend this restaurant , wish there was a restaurant like this in Las Vegas , Nv !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and Elegant Dinning27thAnniversaryDined on 11/15/2014My wife and I for the first time dined at Chandlers Steakhouse for our 28th wedding anniversary. Everything about the restaurant was fantastic. The atmosphere, food, wine list, and the service was excellent and something we haven't experienced in a long time. So many restaurants today are noisy and not very romantic. Chandlers has held on to the romantic fine dinning concept that isn't easily found anymore and it was an occasion for us to remember and will never forget. Thank you Chandlers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chandlers makes it specialRomanticDined on 11/11/2014I wanted to take my wife out on our 25th anniversary to someplace special. I choose Chandlers because of their reputation. They nailed the evening. When we were seated they even mentioned that we were there on aspecial night. My wife was impressed. There was a couplenext to us celebrating their 52nd anniversary, so I knew I had picked the right resturant. Thefood was truly magnificent. I had the cowboy cut, it was simply amazing, no side sauces and the taste was incredible. My wife had New York. Thanks Chandlers for making a special night, they brought us a chocolate souffle for desert and what a treat. From beginning to end it was an experienceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Both the food and services were wonderful. The staff was extremely helpful, knowledgeable and wonderful overall. We had fabulous experience. We look forward to our next dinner at your restaurant.Special Features:
- QuietPartyof6Dined on 11/8/2014This restaurant is beautiful and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencesteaklovingwhiskeydrinkerDined on 11/7/2014This place is amazing starting with walking in the door they make you feel like your most important the wait staff is friendly and professional the drink menu is top notch and the food is to die for we will definitely be returning to chandlers for years to come keep up the great workSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A rare Idaho gem.1HappyBellyDined on 11/6/2014First time diner, long time Idaho resident. Loved the seared Ahi - & wasabi mashed potatoes. The Ben Burdick Trio & Amy Rose were great. Cant wait to try another dish! Romantic ambiance, superior customer service, and amazing food make this a great spot to enjoy a wonderful night out!Special Features:
- Great for Dine OutDiningdetectivesVIPDined on 11/3/2014http://www.examiner.com/review/downtown-boise-dine-out-restaurant-weekend-to-weekend-10-31-to-11-9?CID=examiner_alerts_articleSpecial Features:
- Not a "Chain" steakhouseCandJDined on 11/2/2014Owned by a long time restauranteur who knows what he is doing. Great bar (10 minute martini), beautiful architecture and sectioned dining rooms keep the feel small and intimate. Good jazz nightly that is at just the right volume for conversation. This offers the expensive steaks of fancy steakhouse, but many more reasonably priced options, including 3 course fixed price options. Extensive wine list and many excellent offerings by the glass. A huge starter menu would let you come back again and again and there are always great seafood options. Have been here several times and have always been impressed. Service is excellent.Special Features:
- Over priced, over ratedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/2/2014We had the King Salmon and the Del Monaco cut filet. It would be hard to imagine salmon that bad coming from anywhere but some Atlantic fish farming operation trucked in monthly. The steak was fairly thin and may have weighed 12 ounces if you included the dinner plate. Started with the Beet salad and the Caesar salad. The Caesar was the worst version of a Caesar I've ever had with burned chunks of some sort of cheese and a sweet tasting dressing Olive Garden may be proud to serve. The only redeeming factor is the attempt at ambiance. Loved the blue lighting in the wine coolers.
- special occasion 10/2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We had a wonderful experience for our special occasion, 2 birthdays and an anniversary. We had not been there before and were very happy with the service and the food. The wine was very good and the Guinness was warm as it should be. Thanks again. Hopefully we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in BoiseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Chandler's is a beautiful restaurant with wonderful service and outstandingly tasty food. We always love our experience there and will definitely return.Special Features:
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014This was my first visit to Chandlers and it was nothing but amazing. Fantastic service, great food and the atmosphere was so pleasant and relaxing. I will definately be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect eveningFamilymanDined on 10/28/2014We just celebrated our anniversary here. Food, service and ambiance were all just what we were looking for.Special Features:
- AnniversarycashfoodDined on 10/24/2014My husband and I celebrated out 10 year anniversary and everything was exactly as we had hoped! Our reservation request was met exactly, the food was amazing, and the service was outstanding! We plan to go back a lot more often now!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surf, Turf and CocktailsNateDnDined on 10/24/2014I had never been here before. I was always hesitant due to the cost. I couldn't wrap my mind around the idea of a $45 steak. I finally gave in and went on a first date here. I tried the Vesper 10 minute martini and a Maker's Mark Manhattan. My date had a top shelf long island ice tea. The cocktails were very balanced and made you want to order more. We had the Tower of Tuna as a starter, amazing! I ordered the 20oz cowboy cut ribeye and my date had the scallops. Hands down the best steak I've ever enjoyed, and the scallops were better than anything I've had in either Oregon or Seattle. We finished off the night with the chocolate souffle. I don't think I said we spent over 3 hours without even noticing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatCookieDined on 10/20/2014The steak was delicious but the sides were just OK. The lobster bisque was pretty tasteless and the garlic mashed potato side tasted like it had been reheated multiple times.Special Features:
- Great food, wine, and servicedbinIDDined on 10/19/2014We go to Chandlers a couple times each year. It is expensive, but it is very much worth it. Their steaks, and their preparation of those steaks, are the best in Boise. They hire extremely good servers. Their bar is amazing, as is their wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChandlerssstatertotDined on 10/18/2014Loved our night out...We go out on a special date dinner before we attend the Boise Philharmonic each month. We so enjoyed our wonderful dinner and we remarked to each other how awesome the wait staff is. Lucas was wonderful and he took time to actually talk to us and didn't seem rushed or anxious to get to the next table. It isn't just the food ( which was amazing anyway) but the whole experience that will make us come back again and again.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014The food was perfect, from the Tower of Tuna and the lobster bisque to the bouillabaisse and the bone-in filet mignon, and the staff made it seem flawless.Special Features:
- Dind't expect thatLaurenDined on 10/9/2014Someone on the plane gave us the recommendation to go to Chandlers. We were surprised and very satisfied. The Kobe is great! Some courses and wines were not available. Especially when it's fish I am fine with it. But wine... and one bottle we ordered couldn't be served, because it wasn't chilled in the fridge...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boise?GerryDined on 10/6/2014Has finally arrived. Chanders is as fine an experience as one could find in any major world city. Both the food and service were amazing!Special Features:
- Excellent Servicextc2flyDined on 10/6/2014Great place for a special occasion or if you just want one of best dining experiences in town.Special Features:
- Spotty serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2014When I spend more than $800, I expect good food an excellent service. However the food was fair and the service was what I would expect at Applebee's. I spent three days in Boise and learned the city has much better an original restaurants. I won't be visiting Chandler's again.
- Wonderful EveningthemouseketeerDined on 10/5/2014We dined at Chandler's for my husband's birthday. The service was wonderful and efficient. The ambiance was relaxing and romantic. And the music was perfect for the atmosphere of that type of dining experience. Since it was my husband's birthday, they brought him a chocolate souffle for dessert. It was a nice touch and a delicious way to end our dining experience. We will definitely consider Chandler's for future special occasions.Special Features:
- Not ImpressedNeveragainDined on 10/4/2014For the price, the food was not worth it. If you want an amazing dinner with great atmosphere, this isn't it. Try Barbacoa. Way to expensive, way to snobby, and not what we expected at all! Very unhappy with our experience here.
- Good SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Best steak I have ever had. Caesar salad was different but good.Special Features:
- What a great find!LazuliDined on 9/28/2014Looking for a prime rib dinner, we were told that the Sunday night Prix Fixe dinner at Chandlers might be a good place to start. Well, after dining there this last Sunday and feasting on their fabulous prime rib, I can easily say that one need NOT look any further! The service, care, wine list, food quality, parking, ambiance, noise level, and anything else one could consider could not have been better. Heartily recommend Chandlers in Boise, Idaho to any and all looking for the class of dining offered here.Special Features:
- Well...PerfectDined on 9/28/2014Main course could have been better. Hubby had the scallops, which were great, also the spinach salad (he didn't report on that). I had the butter lettuce salad with blue cheese (very good) and the Mahi Mahi, a new item on the menu. The prep for the MM sounded great, but was pretty tasteless, I kept reaching for the salt shaker, then pepper, then both again. Nothing helped, it was just plain flat...and expensive. So, a Great romantic, soothing kind of spot, great ambiance (unless you prefer wild, crazy and overly loud), menu looks good. It's just that my entree was, FLAT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for three.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014We love this place. The only issue is the wait after being set. Overall it's a nice place with great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Silverback60Silverback60Dined on 9/26/2014My wife & I chose Chandlers for our 5 yr. wedding anniversary celebration. TOUCHDOWN!!!!!! Beginning with reservations, recommended, all the way through dessert, our experience was wonderful. We had crab cakes & oysters Rockefeller for appetizers, followed by their Limousine salad. There was a nice variety of choices for our main course. As this is a steakhouse, we chose the filet & bone-in ribeye, both premium grade cuts. They were cooked to perfection, accompanied by sides of sautéed button mushrooms & Au gratin potatoes. I would just like to add, there was a good choice of other main courses, fresh seafood, flown in daily, foul, etc. Our dessert was a perfect chocolate soufflé. All courses were accompanied with excellent wine choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first experienceSkidaddleDined on 9/25/2014It started with the free complementary valet parking and ended with a wonderful chocolate mousse that was prepared fresh for us. We could tell that the staff is well trained to make sure that each course arrives when it is ready, but in no way hurries the diner. For example, we were just finishing our salads, when our waiter mentioned that our steaks were ready and wondered if we would like them served immediately or wait until we finished our salads. The atmosphere is subdued, established, comfortable, yet current; knowing the tastes of the clientele. The chocolate mousse was a pleasant surprise served to celebrate my wife's birthday that evening. All in all first class in every way.Special Features:
- Great ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014This is one if not the best dining experience I've had in Boise. I had the crab cakes and oysters Rockefeller to start. Very fresh and very good. The American kobe flat iron steak was flavorful and tender without being mushy. They served it with two kinds of sauce complimentary, black peppercorn and bernaise. Both nice compliments and very good.. It was a birthday and the chocolate soufflé the served at the end was the best I've ever had anywhere and a perfect ending to a fabulous dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as always!FeldymomDined on 9/23/2014Our favorite restaurant in Boise...we try to come every time we visit and we have never been disappointed. The food is exceptional, the service just right, and the atmosphere vibrant but not overwhelmingly noisy. Love the live music, very "big city cosmopolitan." We had mussels, lamb and veal, and butterscotch Creme brulee...wonderful! Thank you, Chandler's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014My new favorite. The service was kind and timed. We were able to comfortably finish our app and then salad without feeling rushed or hungry. The waitstaff was perfect on checking in and bringing us fresh drinks. This is my new favoriteSpecial Features:
- Great Birthday dinnerBoiseBobDined on 9/17/2014It was my wife's 71st birthday and the meal and the wines were awesome! The Chocolate Volcano Cake that they brought us was great. Thank-You. And a big Thank-You to our server, Ivy, who was superbn. A write-up at http://boisefoodieguild.wordpress.com has some photos of the evening.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening!jandmgoodtimesDined on 9/14/2014We were celebrating our 46th wedding anniversary and the evening was memorable. We enjoyed the music and our lovely surroundings. Will look forward to returning soon!Special Features:
- Fancy pantsRickCDined on 9/13/2014After some research I settled on taking the wife to Chandler's for our 1st anniversary. They did not disappoint. From the moment we walked in with our reservations, we were greeted by name and congratulated on our anniversary and thanked for picking Chandler's in which to celebrate it. Wife had the Kobe Flat iron. Hands down the best steak either of us had tasted. Cooked to perfection. I had the Bouillabaisse. It was more than I could consume in a sitting. The broth was outstanding and the seafood was cooked perfectly not over cooked and rubbery which can happen in a Bouillabaisse. Do ask for a wine pairing and do try the 10 minute martini. Wait staff was outstanding. For a romantic dinner ask for a booth in advance!Special Features:
- Great FindRaybabyDined on 9/9/2014In town for a conference and needed a nice place to take colleagues. Our table of 6 was pampered and well fed by the end of the evening. Spectacular food, faultless presentation and constant vigilance made this a great experience. Well worth the time and money.Special Features:
- delicioussmilegirlDined on 9/5/2014The service, food, ambiance were impeccable. Our server recommended a delicious wine and my spouse had a delicious cocktail. The restaurant was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.