981 W. Grove Street
Boise, ID 83702Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chandlersboise.com/
- Phone: 2083834300x
- Hours of Operation:
Martini bar opens at 4:00pm daily for cocktails and appetizers.
Dinner seating starts at 5:30pm Daily.
Don't forget about Prime Rib Sundays with an expanded three course menu priced at $27 featuring our slowly roasted Prime Rib, Trout, Lamb Osso Bucco, Duck Two Ways, and Pork Tenderloin.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Luis Flores
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Passed appetizers, reception area, full business presentations, we have done it! Fine dining for 50 (plus!) as we like to call it. We will customize any menu for you.
- Private Party Facilities: Business and group meetings, presentations, receptions, private parties and holiday functions. Banquet facilities that don't compromise service, food or atmosphere. Two private dining rooms with banquet service for 20 to 90. Full AV capabilities. It's not only a company function, it's fine dining for 50!
- Private Party Contact: Michelle Santos email@example.com 2083834300 x
- Entertainment: We feature live Jazz seven days a week.
- Special Events: Sunday Nights we offer our Prix Fix menu from 5:30 - 10:00 p.m., featuring our Prime Rib. 3 course meal, with four entree choices, Prime Rib, Trout, Pork Tenderloin, or .
"10 Minute Martini" ALWAYS!
Live Jazz, 7 nights a week, no cover.
A word from Chandlers Steakhouse
Prime steaks, fresh seafood and an award winning wine list combine with friendly service and a warm, inviting atmosphere making Chandlers Steakhouse your destination of choice for a remarkable dining experience. Home of the famous "10 minute martini" enjoy live jazz 7 days a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Chandlers Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Boise ›
Chandlers Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
153 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (133)romantic (109)notable wine list (79)fit for foodies (58)vibrant bar scene (32)neighborhood gem (27)hot spot (25)good for groups (24)great for outdoor dining (12)late-night find (12)great for brunch (7)scenic view (5)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Wonderful evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014We were celebrating our 46th wedding anniversary and the evening was memorable. We enjoyed the music and our lovely surroundings. Will look forward to returning soon!Special Features:
- Fancy pantsRickCDined on 9/13/2014After some research I settled on taking the wife to Chandler's for our 1st anniversary. They did not disappoint. From the moment we walked in with our reservations, we were greeted by name and congratulated on our anniversary and thanked for picking Chandler's in which to celebrate it. Wife had the Kobe Flat iron. Hands down the best steak either of us had tasted. Cooked to perfection. I had the Bouillabaisse. It was more than I could consume in a sitting. The broth was outstanding and the seafood was cooked perfectly not over cooked and rubbery which can happen in a Bouillabaisse. Do ask for a wine pairing and do try the 10 minute martini. Wait staff was outstanding. For a romantic dinner ask for a booth in advance!Special Features:
- Great FindRaybabyDined on 9/9/2014In town for a conference and needed a nice place to take colleagues. Our table of 6 was pampered and well fed by the end of the evening. Spectacular food, faultless presentation and constant vigilance made this a great experience. Well worth the time and money.Special Features:
- delicioussmilegirlDined on 9/5/2014The service, food, ambiance were impeccable. Our server recommended a delicious wine and my spouse had a delicious cocktail. The restaurant was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was amazingScallopLoverDined on 9/3/2014I work on Parkcenter so often take clients to restaurants that are close to my office and generally their hotel. I have gotten a little tired of the options around me so chose Chandlers as an alternative. I have eaten here a handful of times before and always enjoyed it but maybe had forgotten how great the food really is. Hands down - this is my new "clients in town" restaurant. I am still raving about how great the scallops were.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBirthdaydinnerDined on 8/30/2014Everything about our anniversary dinner was wonderful! Our waitress was very knowledgable and friendly but unintrusive. The food was excellent and all for a reasonable price considering the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience!!gyoung1477Dined on 8/29/2014This was our first time dining at Chandlers. We loved the food and the service was extraordinary!! We will definitely be back!! 😊Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was amazing!thecakeladyDined on 8/25/2014My husband ordered the filet mignon (for the third time in a row!), and I tried the Prix Fixe with Duck Two Ways. Both dishes were amazing, and after trying my duck, my husband finally determined that next time he will order something other than his beloved filet mignon. We were treated to a complimentary Grand Marnier chocolate souffle since we were celebrating our 24th anniversary, and it was heaven. We received excellent service, complimentary valet parking, and the ambiance was great with live music on a Monday night.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014The service and steaks were excellent. My wife ordered the Ono and it was (1) over cooked, and (2) not fresh. It must have sat in the freezer for a long time so they decided to cook the hell out of it to overcome the freezer burn. Never order fish at an inland steak house. She didn't eat it and no comment from the waiter. Total tab exceeded $500 but they should have comped the fish.Special Features:
- AMAZING!Melanie824Dined on 8/23/2014One of the best meals I have ever had!!!! From the apps to drinks and dessert. We were in heaven! The staff was outstanding and took such good care of us, making our 1 year wedding anniversary so incredibly special. We will be back!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/20/2014I brought my girlfriend to Chandlers for a special night out for her birthday and was not dissapointed as expected. Our waiter Tre was outstanding in every way and the food was awesome. He really made the night special for us. We will be returning, not just for special occassions but for anytime we need an enjoyable evening out. Thank you Chandlers.Special Features:
- Dinner at ChandlersRickDined on 8/18/2014Dining at Chandlers is always a special occasion. It is an upscale restaurant with excellent food and good service.Special Features:
- The Best In BoisemyfavoriteVIPDined on 8/16/2014You can never go wrong at Chandlers. The food, atmosphere, & service are the best. It always amazes me how they are able to have it right every time I dine there. Rex Chandler and his staff are to be commended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very positive experiencedineoftenDined on 8/9/2014Nice dining room, good service, very good food. Overall an enjoyable experience. Had oysters (fresh oyesters in Boise? Yes!) and the ribeye steak.
- Great Food, Great ServicesYummyDined on 8/8/2014The food was very good, a bit pricey for what you get, but still delicious.Special Features:
- Great food, fantastic service!mamatubsVIPDined on 8/7/2014This service is exceptional and so is the food. The kumomoto oysters were fresh and quite nice. I also liked the escargot Carol. The Day boat scallops were absolutely fantastic! The trout Amandine on the prix fixe menu is quite good as well, and the berry tart dessert was delish! Overall it was a superb dining experience.Special Features:
- Great Time as UsualAlecVIPDined on 8/4/2014Consistently great food and great service. The entertainment of Chuck Smith and Nicole C. provided a terrific touch to the evening!Special Features:
- MrS44Dined on 8/1/2014all good but a bit greedy on bar prices and stingy on pour..I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bsmit1837OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014A little spendy however you get what you pay for. Most definitely would go again. Quite frankly, no negatives.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014Spent a lovely anniversary evening at Chandlers. The food was melt in your mouth excellent, employees courteous and kind. We were able to hold casual conversations. A great laid back atmosphere. Thank you Chandler's for making our evening a lifetime experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CindyDined on 7/27/2014Prime Rib (a Sunday special) was excellent. Service was smooth, friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place for anniversariesSlashazardDined on 7/26/2014Chandler's is a great place for celebrating a special occasion. My wife and I were celebrating our 10-year anniversary that night. Apparently others feel it is a good place to celebrate too, as there were two other couples celebrating anniversaries. The food was delightful. We had the Kobe steaks and the rib-eye was melt-in-your-mouth delicious. We were tempted by the wagyu entree, but at $120, we decided maybe we'll do that for our 20th. Overall, an excellent time.Special Features:
- Outstanding romantic dining spot!ESquireDined on 7/24/2014My wife and I celebrated our 30th anniversary with dinner at Chandler's, and I'm sure we could not have picked a finer place! They brought together all the elements for a truly memorable occasion.Special Features:
- customersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014The food was incredible, as were the service and ambiance. I wish the other customers had taken it seriously. The fine dining experience was contradictory with the way other tables were dressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chandler's Is A FavoriteLuvaGoodSteakDined on 7/22/2014We had a lovely farewell dinner with our son who is moving. The food was great, as usual, and the server was well informed about wines. We felt special, though we were seated in a back room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulTaylormomof4Dined on 7/21/2014My husband and I went to Chandlers for our 19th anniversary. It was a wonderful evening, live music was great, the food was very good and the atmosphere was excellent! The service was amazing… They took care of every detail and were very accommodating to any and every need we had! I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone and will go back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SBouleDined on 7/20/2014Chandlers is by far the best restaurant in the northwest. It rivals the top restaurants of the big cities of Seattle, San Francisco, Portland, etc. Everything from the seaters, waiters, chefs, to the quality and quantity of food and drinks was perfection! A must when in the Boise area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulLuv2eatDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I don't get the time to dine out as often as we would like. Chandler's was wonderful we had a great time and a great meal. This is a place we would choose again and again.Special Features:
- Absolutely fabulousswoe44Dined on 7/18/2014This was a perfect dining experience - we were son impressed! Our waiter was amazing, the food was outstanding, and I was very pleased with the wine selection. A must-visit during a trip to Boise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in townDiddyDined on 7/15/2014I've been to many steak houses. A steak conosour so to speak, and I was blown away! I highly recommend Chandlers to anyone that need a great place to eat. Prices were very reasonable for the food quality. Ambiance was amazing. Service was wonderful and the dessert was outstanding! (Cheesecake with a toasted carmel topping with a hint if Feta cheese). Highly recommended to all! I will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Husband's birthday dinnerbdaydinnerDined on 7/15/2014Came here for my husband's birthday dinner and loved it! Live jazz created a great ambiance, food was delicious, and the 10-minute martini is a must! Service was A++Special Features:
- Excellent in every way!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014The quality of food & service is superb. I ordered the dungeness crab cocktail for an appetizer...tons of crab and the cocktail sauce was perfectly spicy! For my entree...pan seared scallops with fried potato cakes, melt in your mouth delicious! Every bit of it was divine!! We will definitely eat here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a happy experience :(DisappointedDined on 7/12/2014I made reservations in advance because I went to your website and the restaurant looked like I could take my sweetheart for a romantic dinner for his birthday. Unfortunately, it was the wrong choice :( the restaurant was super busy, people running from one side to the other, extremely noise and it was really hard just to get a glass of water. This was my first time experience eating at this restaurant and I got to say we couldn't wait to finish our food to get out of there. :(Special Features:
- 4th visit...Outstanding again!tschimmDined on 7/9/2014My 4th dinner here this year. It's a fabulous meal all round.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday EveningEmeryBlackDined on 6/30/2014We had a wonderful birthday celebration at Chandlers. I had the best steak I'd ever had in my life. Our waiter was Andrew and he was excellent. Simply amazing! The music was at a perfect level and oh so good! What a great find. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!NibblesDined on 6/29/2014Absolutely the best. Always consistent in delivering delicious choices. We always look forward to an evening at Chandlers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusually DisappointingUnfortunateDined on 6/28/2014My wife and I looked forward to returning to Chandler's to celebrate our anniversary. Now, typically, Chandlers is spot on with regard to all components of the dining experience, tonight was hopefully an exception. First, my wife ordered a dirty martini that tasted like the bartender used equal parts vodka and olive juice, undrinkable. Next our oyster appetizer came, my wife was the first to dive in. She described a flavor beyond unappealing, I tried one, I thought not the freshest oyster ever but certainly as dreadful as she portrayed. Then I tried my third oyster and tasted what she spoke of, we sent it back and at that point felt bad for the restaurant. Now, they comped our oysters and gave us a dessert on the house. Server great!Special Features:
- Sunday MenuJanetteDined on 6/22/2014We went to Chandlers to try the Sunday menu and we were not disappointed. We both ordered the prime rib and it was fantastic. If you love beef, get there early as they run out. But it is well worth it. The service is excellent and our every wish was granted! This restaurant aims to please every diner! The portions are just right. They do not overload you with potatoes or other side dishes. We will make this our "go to" restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday eveningEnjoylifeDined on 6/22/2014Had a very enjoyable Sunday evening. Great dinner, wine, & light jazz. Prix fixed menu so reasonableSpecial Features:
- Excellent food, service not so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014Excellent foodie experience, the mushrooms are to die for. Took too long for our waitress to make contact with us, we were actually looking around for someone to see if we had even been noticed. Long time between courses and it was not very busy. Wait staff rarely checked in on us and had to ask bus person for things. Food was good, not impressed with service for the price we paid for the dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.