981 W. Grove Street
Boise, ID 83702Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chandlersboise.com/
- Phone: 2083834300x
- Hours of Operation:
Martini bar opens at 4:00pm daily for cocktails and appetizers.
Dinner seating starts at 5:30pm Daily.
Don't forget about Prime Rib Sundays with an expanded three course menu priced at $27 featuring our slowly roasted Prime Rib, Trout, Lamb Osso Bucco, Duck Two Ways, and Pork Tenderloin.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Luis Flores
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Passed appetizers, reception area, full business presentations, we have done it! Fine dining for 50 (plus!) as we like to call it. We will customize any menu for you.
- Private Party Facilities: Business and group meetings, presentations, receptions, private parties and holiday functions. Banquet facilities that don't compromise service, food or atmosphere. Two private dining rooms with banquet service for 20 to 90. Full AV capabilities. It's not only a company function, it's fine dining for 50!
- Private Party Contact: Michelle Santos firstname.lastname@example.org 2083834300 x
- Entertainment: We feature live Jazz seven days a week.
- Special Events: Sunday Nights we offer our Prix Fix menu from 5:30 - 10:00 p.m., featuring our Prime Rib. 3 course meal, with four entree choices, Prime Rib, Trout, Pork Tenderloin, or .
"10 Minute Martini" ALWAYS!
Live Jazz, 7 nights a week, no cover.
A word from Chandlers Steakhouse
Prime steaks, fresh seafood and an award winning wine list combine with friendly service and a warm, inviting atmosphere making Chandlers Steakhouse your destination of choice for a remarkable dining experience. Home of the famous "10 minute martini" enjoy live jazz 7 days a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Chandlers Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Boise ›
Chandlers Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (126)romantic (106)notable wine list (76)fit for foodies (62)vibrant bar scene (38)good for groups (30)hot spot (28)neighborhood gem (17)late-night find (15)great for brunch (5)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Good but not greatCookieDined on 10/20/2014The steak was delicious but the sides were just OK. The lobster bisque was pretty tasteless and the garlic mashed potato side tasted like it had been reheated multiple times.Special Features:
- Great food, wine, and servicedbinIDDined on 10/19/2014We go to Chandlers a couple times each year. It is expensive, but it is very much worth it. Their steaks, and their preparation of those steaks, are the best in Boise. They hire extremely good servers. Their bar is amazing, as is their wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChandlerssstatertotDined on 10/18/2014Loved our night out...We go out on a special date dinner before we attend the Boise Philharmonic each month. We so enjoyed our wonderful dinner and we remarked to each other how awesome the wait staff is. Lucas was wonderful and he took time to actually talk to us and didn't seem rushed or anxious to get to the next table. It isn't just the food ( which was amazing anyway) but the whole experience that will make us come back again and again.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014The food was perfect, from the Tower of Tuna and the lobster bisque to the bouillabaisse and the bone-in filet mignon, and the staff made it seem flawless.Special Features:
- Dind't expect thatLaurenDined on 10/9/2014Someone on the plane gave us the recommendation to go to Chandlers. We were surprised and very satisfied. The Kobe is great! Some courses and wines were not available. Especially when it's fish I am fine with it. But wine... and one bottle we ordered couldn't be served, because it wasn't chilled in the fridge...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boise?GerryDined on 10/6/2014Has finally arrived. Chanders is as fine an experience as one could find in any major world city. Both the food and service were amazing!Special Features:
- Excellent Servicextc2flyDined on 10/6/2014Great place for a special occasion or if you just want one of best dining experiences in town.Special Features:
- Spotty serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2014When I spend more than $800, I expect good food an excellent service. However the food was fair and the service was what I would expect at Applebee's. I spent three days in Boise and learned the city has much better an original restaurants. I won't be visiting Chandler's again.
- Wonderful EveningthemouseketeerDined on 10/5/2014We dined at Chandler's for my husband's birthday. The service was wonderful and efficient. The ambiance was relaxing and romantic. And the music was perfect for the atmosphere of that type of dining experience. Since it was my husband's birthday, they brought him a chocolate souffle for dessert. It was a nice touch and a delicious way to end our dining experience. We will definitely consider Chandler's for future special occasions.Special Features:
- Not ImpressedNeveragainDined on 10/4/2014For the price, the food was not worth it. If you want an amazing dinner with great atmosphere, this isn't it. Try Barbacoa. Way to expensive, way to snobby, and not what we expected at all! Very unhappy with our experience here.
- Good SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Best steak I have ever had. Caesar salad was different but good.Special Features:
- What a great find!LazuliDined on 9/28/2014Looking for a prime rib dinner, we were told that the Sunday night Prix Fixe dinner at Chandlers might be a good place to start. Well, after dining there this last Sunday and feasting on their fabulous prime rib, I can easily say that one need NOT look any further! The service, care, wine list, food quality, parking, ambiance, noise level, and anything else one could consider could not have been better. Heartily recommend Chandlers in Boise, Idaho to any and all looking for the class of dining offered here.Special Features:
- Well...PerfectDined on 9/28/2014Main course could have been better. Hubby had the scallops, which were great, also the spinach salad (he didn't report on that). I had the butter lettuce salad with blue cheese (very good) and the Mahi Mahi, a new item on the menu. The prep for the MM sounded great, but was pretty tasteless, I kept reaching for the salt shaker, then pepper, then both again. Nothing helped, it was just plain flat...and expensive. So, a Great romantic, soothing kind of spot, great ambiance (unless you prefer wild, crazy and overly loud), menu looks good. It's just that my entree was, FLAT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for three.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014We love this place. The only issue is the wait after being set. Overall it's a nice place with great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Silverback60Silverback60Dined on 9/26/2014My wife & I chose Chandlers for our 5 yr. wedding anniversary celebration. TOUCHDOWN!!!!!! Beginning with reservations, recommended, all the way through dessert, our experience was wonderful. We had crab cakes & oysters Rockefeller for appetizers, followed by their Limousine salad. There was a nice variety of choices for our main course. As this is a steakhouse, we chose the filet & bone-in ribeye, both premium grade cuts. They were cooked to perfection, accompanied by sides of sautéed button mushrooms & Au gratin potatoes. I would just like to add, there was a good choice of other main courses, fresh seafood, flown in daily, foul, etc. Our dessert was a perfect chocolate soufflé. All courses were accompanied with excellent wine choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first experienceSkidaddleDined on 9/25/2014It started with the free complementary valet parking and ended with a wonderful chocolate mousse that was prepared fresh for us. We could tell that the staff is well trained to make sure that each course arrives when it is ready, but in no way hurries the diner. For example, we were just finishing our salads, when our waiter mentioned that our steaks were ready and wondered if we would like them served immediately or wait until we finished our salads. The atmosphere is subdued, established, comfortable, yet current; knowing the tastes of the clientele. The chocolate mousse was a pleasant surprise served to celebrate my wife's birthday that evening. All in all first class in every way.Special Features:
- Great ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014This is one if not the best dining experience I've had in Boise. I had the crab cakes and oysters Rockefeller to start. Very fresh and very good. The American kobe flat iron steak was flavorful and tender without being mushy. They served it with two kinds of sauce complimentary, black peppercorn and bernaise. Both nice compliments and very good.. It was a birthday and the chocolate soufflé the served at the end was the best I've ever had anywhere and a perfect ending to a fabulous dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as always!FeldymomDined on 9/23/2014Our favorite restaurant in Boise...we try to come every time we visit and we have never been disappointed. The food is exceptional, the service just right, and the atmosphere vibrant but not overwhelmingly noisy. Love the live music, very "big city cosmopolitan." We had mussels, lamb and veal, and butterscotch Creme brulee...wonderful! Thank you, Chandler's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014My new favorite. The service was kind and timed. We were able to comfortably finish our app and then salad without feeling rushed or hungry. The waitstaff was perfect on checking in and bringing us fresh drinks. This is my new favoriteSpecial Features:
- Great Birthday dinnerBoiseBobDined on 9/17/2014It was my wife's 71st birthday and the meal and the wines were awesome! The Chocolate Volcano Cake that they brought us was great. Thank-You. And a big Thank-You to our server, Ivy, who was superbn. A write-up at http://boisefoodieguild.wordpress.com has some photos of the evening.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening!jandmgoodtimesDined on 9/14/2014We were celebrating our 46th wedding anniversary and the evening was memorable. We enjoyed the music and our lovely surroundings. Will look forward to returning soon!Special Features:
- Fancy pantsRickCDined on 9/13/2014After some research I settled on taking the wife to Chandler's for our 1st anniversary. They did not disappoint. From the moment we walked in with our reservations, we were greeted by name and congratulated on our anniversary and thanked for picking Chandler's in which to celebrate it. Wife had the Kobe Flat iron. Hands down the best steak either of us had tasted. Cooked to perfection. I had the Bouillabaisse. It was more than I could consume in a sitting. The broth was outstanding and the seafood was cooked perfectly not over cooked and rubbery which can happen in a Bouillabaisse. Do ask for a wine pairing and do try the 10 minute martini. Wait staff was outstanding. For a romantic dinner ask for a booth in advance!Special Features:
- Great FindRaybabyDined on 9/9/2014In town for a conference and needed a nice place to take colleagues. Our table of 6 was pampered and well fed by the end of the evening. Spectacular food, faultless presentation and constant vigilance made this a great experience. Well worth the time and money.Special Features:
- delicioussmilegirlDined on 9/5/2014The service, food, ambiance were impeccable. Our server recommended a delicious wine and my spouse had a delicious cocktail. The restaurant was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was amazingScallopLoverDined on 9/3/2014I work on Parkcenter so often take clients to restaurants that are close to my office and generally their hotel. I have gotten a little tired of the options around me so chose Chandlers as an alternative. I have eaten here a handful of times before and always enjoyed it but maybe had forgotten how great the food really is. Hands down - this is my new "clients in town" restaurant. I am still raving about how great the scallops were.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBirthdaydinnerDined on 8/30/2014Everything about our anniversary dinner was wonderful! Our waitress was very knowledgable and friendly but unintrusive. The food was excellent and all for a reasonable price considering the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience!!gyoung1477Dined on 8/29/2014This was our first time dining at Chandlers. We loved the food and the service was extraordinary!! We will definitely be back!! 😊Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was amazing!thecakeladyDined on 8/25/2014My husband ordered the filet mignon (for the third time in a row!), and I tried the Prix Fixe with Duck Two Ways. Both dishes were amazing, and after trying my duck, my husband finally determined that next time he will order something other than his beloved filet mignon. We were treated to a complimentary Grand Marnier chocolate souffle since we were celebrating our 24th anniversary, and it was heaven. We received excellent service, complimentary valet parking, and the ambiance was great with live music on a Monday night.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014The service and steaks were excellent. My wife ordered the Ono and it was (1) over cooked, and (2) not fresh. It must have sat in the freezer for a long time so they decided to cook the hell out of it to overcome the freezer burn. Never order fish at an inland steak house. She didn't eat it and no comment from the waiter. Total tab exceeded $500 but they should have comped the fish.Special Features:
- AMAZING!Melanie824Dined on 8/23/2014One of the best meals I have ever had!!!! From the apps to drinks and dessert. We were in heaven! The staff was outstanding and took such good care of us, making our 1 year wedding anniversary so incredibly special. We will be back!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/20/2014I brought my girlfriend to Chandlers for a special night out for her birthday and was not dissapointed as expected. Our waiter Tre was outstanding in every way and the food was awesome. He really made the night special for us. We will be returning, not just for special occassions but for anytime we need an enjoyable evening out. Thank you Chandlers.Special Features:
- Dinner at ChandlersRickDined on 8/18/2014Dining at Chandlers is always a special occasion. It is an upscale restaurant with excellent food and good service.Special Features:
- The Best In BoisemyfavoriteVIPDined on 8/16/2014You can never go wrong at Chandlers. The food, atmosphere, & service are the best. It always amazes me how they are able to have it right every time I dine there. Rex Chandler and his staff are to be commended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very positive experiencedineoftenDined on 8/9/2014Nice dining room, good service, very good food. Overall an enjoyable experience. Had oysters (fresh oyesters in Boise? Yes!) and the ribeye steak.
- Great Food, Great ServicesYummyDined on 8/8/2014The food was very good, a bit pricey for what you get, but still delicious.Special Features:
- Great food, fantastic service!mamatubsVIPDined on 8/7/2014This service is exceptional and so is the food. The kumomoto oysters were fresh and quite nice. I also liked the escargot Carol. The Day boat scallops were absolutely fantastic! The trout Amandine on the prix fixe menu is quite good as well, and the berry tart dessert was delish! Overall it was a superb dining experience.Special Features:
- Great Time as UsualAlecVIPDined on 8/4/2014Consistently great food and great service. The entertainment of Chuck Smith and Nicole C. provided a terrific touch to the evening!Special Features:
- MrS44Dined on 8/1/2014all good but a bit greedy on bar prices and stingy on pour..I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bsmit1837OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014A little spendy however you get what you pay for. Most definitely would go again. Quite frankly, no negatives.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014Spent a lovely anniversary evening at Chandlers. The food was melt in your mouth excellent, employees courteous and kind. We were able to hold casual conversations. A great laid back atmosphere. Thank you Chandler's for making our evening a lifetime experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.