Chance Asian Bistro & Bar
223 Smith St
Brooklyn, NY 11201Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Chance Asian Bistro & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://chancecuisinenyc.com/
- Phone: 7182421515x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday-Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese, Asian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Full Bar, Takeout
A word from Chance Asian Bistro & Bar
For years, Chance has been a big hit with locals on Smith Street. From the table to the bar, the decor and vibe are both modern and sophisticated. Favorite menu items include Peking Duck & Dim Dum, as well as a variety of Signature Sushi Rolls. From Tom Yum Soup to Foie Gras or Beet Salad, to Grilled Pork Loin or Filet Mignon. Our pricing is reasonable, which makes for a lively crowd.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chance Asian Bistro & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Maybe One More CHANCE!BklynFoodi3Dined on 9/13/2014This was my second time visiting Chance Bistro. The first time I had went during the day and I was the only one there. The food was delectable and the service was exceptional, very quick. This time around there was a group of 10. I expected the same sort of service this time around, but was very disappointed. I'm not sure if my server was new or just very exhausted but my night was pretty much a mess (we ordered a few things and some of the orders weren't even placed) and the service was SLOW! Eventually when we got our food and drinks we were VERY pleased. I'd recommend going on an off peak day (not the weekend) as it is a small, quaint spot. Drinks are nice and strong though :-)Special Features:
- The following 8 reviews are from the Chance Asian Bistro & Bar reviews archive.
- Awesome restaurant I willJusagemDined on 2/8/2014Awesome restaurant I will definitely return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent but overpricedPalaveristDined on 2/1/2014I've given Chance a lot of chances over the years, always hoping that their idea of a fusion between China and France will amount to something. What it amounts to, alas, is French prices and pacing -- high and slow, respectively -- for fairly ordinary Asian-fusion fair. The food is fine, but not especially exciting.Special Features:
- There is NO Heat in this restaurantRob100VIPDined on 1/18/2014There is NO Heat in this restaurant in the winter. We were sitting in our jackets during our entire dining experience. The food is fine; nothing special. The service is confusing as we had 4 different wait staff coming and going and nobody knew our order. I ordered the Chilean sea bass. I specifically asked TWICE "not spicy". They brought out the opposite what I asked for. They apologized and said we will make you a new one. It took approx 20 addt'l minutes. They brought out a "new" sea bass (NOT) as it was the same fish and SPICY. They must of made several attempts to smear off the sauce from the "old" sea bass but it was SOAKED in the spicy sauce already. Conclusion: Do NOT waste your time and money.
- unexpected delightmarciDined on 12/14/2013had a celebratory ( birthday) family dinner on a snowy blustery evening. Ate early so crowds and noise were not an issue. Food was excellent, including a plate of starters that the staff combined for all to share, fish and duck main courses. With no fuss, the staff also agreed to serve a birthday cake we brought from home, and added scoops of their own excellent ice cream in several flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visited Chance in Friday, 11/08/13LadySavvyDined on 11/8/2013I am delighted to say that although I've eaten take out from Chance before in the far past, sitting down to eat with my Mom was a treat. I ordered my typical Pad Thai with shrimp while my mom ordered the ginger chicken. The portions were sizeable. The appetizers, mussels, the rock shrimp tempura, and summer doing rolls were all delicious. I also had the lychee martini. Yum. The hospitality was precise and the atmosphere was very friendly. We had two wait staff and both were attentive. For dessert we had the creme brûlée and the green tea fried icecream. We left happy. I have only accolades to speak of for Chance, and I'd surely return to try the mango tini.Special Features:
- Great dinnerMareVIPDined on 11/1/2013A consistently great Asian Bistro. Great sangria and wonderful menu choices.Special Features:
- Good Food/Disorganized ReservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/12/2013The food is very good as it has been for some time. However, they should not offer reservations because they do not operate as if a reservation has any meaning. We had reserved for a party of 3 and when we arrived we were asked to wait at the bar while our table was readied. There was at least one table available and visible and as we sat and waited another couple strolled in and simply sat down at the available table. We continued to wait until another table became available and were ultimately seated. The food is good as it always has been but just walk in! A reservation means nothing and actually hurts the restaurant because a customer with a reservation is likely to be annoyed as were we.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/9/2013Despite the reviews this place rocks. The food is really good and the female bartender that works on Sunday is amazing. Definitely worth it to give this place a try.Special Features: