86 Pine Street
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
Belltown / Pike Place Market
KoreanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chanseattle.com/
- Phone: 2064435443
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday through Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Korean, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Park. H
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Bacco offers small party private dining in the evening. We offer classic to modern Italian dishes with local wines.
- Private Party Contact: Heong Park 2064347859
A word from Cha:n Seattle
Cha:n Seattle offers Modern Korean Food and Drink. We have a welcoming Bar and invite you to join us for dinner Tuesday through Sunday 5pm to 10pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cha:n Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (36)neighborhood gem (20)great for outdoor dining (11)romantic (8)good for groups (7)hot spot (7)late-night find (7)special occasion (6)scenic view (3)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/24/2014Chef knows what he's doing. Unlike some fusion places, which leave your palate a bit confused, this place is unmistakably Korean with interesting and modern interpretations. One of my favorites in Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous in every way!missfordDined on 9/6/2014We dined outside and between the fountain, view of the wheel and the stars it was quite a romantic scene. Excellent food served in an unhurried but attentive manner. Our waitress gave suggestions, asked for feedback and was generally an excellent server. We will be back! The cocktails are to die for too!Special Features:
- Delicious Food, ok serviceyummymommyDined on 9/6/2014The food was amazing. Lots of interesting choices even for those who don't like kimchi like me. Seemed short staffed though. Our waitress was fine but not always around when we needed her. I would definitely eat here again thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Happy HourDubDeeDined on 8/26/2014Great Happy Hour prices, Hite on tap, excellent beef sliders.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our Favorite PlacesaquabluedreamsDined on 8/23/2014We think Chan is a gem. Great food, fantastic and creative mixed drinks. We just have not found anything on the menu we don't like. Now that they have the outside courtyard just one more plus.Special Features:
- jsalVIPDined on 8/23/2014Went here for dinner. I had the ahi tuna appetizer and the skillet bibimbap. Both were excellent. Service was friendly and attentive. However, I had a reservation and was seated at the bar. The place was nice.
- Good food!oriyooriDined on 8/20/2014This is a good spot to have small dishes. Food were good and service was good, too. They have open kitchen, so it's cool to watch the chef prepare for your food. The desserts were really great as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary SuccesshowtoNOTcookawolfDined on 8/16/2014The food and service were excellent! A great spin to Korean cuisine!Special Features:
- EmeraldCityEmpressVIPDined on 8/16/2014I would've loved to have been able to rate Cha:n a little higher, because the food was yummy and inventive, and the atmosphere in the outdoor seating area was lovely. However, the service was lackluster. Our water had debris floating in it, and when we asked for another glass for that reason, we got another glass of water with debris in it. Our waitress ignored my dining companion when he asked to see the drink menu, and when we did order drinks, they took an exceptionally long time. The staff explained that it was the bartender's first night. It probably wasn't a good idea to start a new bartender at a place with an extensive menu of complicated cocktails on a busy Saturday night. If the service can improve, this could be a great spot.Special Features:
- FantasticGersDined on 8/2/2014I don't normally write reviews but Cha;n is worthy of one!! The food and service was outstanding, my first trip to Seattle and I would come back purely for this restaurant - we could have ate all night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent intro to Korean foodArdsieDined on 7/25/2014My wife and I love korean food and eat it whenever we can. Chan's food was elegant and delicious, but was missing some of the 'soul' of a traditional korean restaurant. We would recommend as an excellent intro to Korean food for people not used to the cuisine and for folks who love Korean food and are nearby.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatFantayssiaDined on 7/19/2014Chan is always great - great food, great drinks, and great service.
- hot- not in a good way....OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/16/2014I went here with my boyfriend for his birthday. I wouldnt reccomend for a special occasion. Service was rushed, although they came to fill my water every 5 minutes which was nice sinceit was SO HOT. This place really needs to invest in air conditioning. We were seated in the middle of the restaurant and both my boyfriend and I were dripping with sweat. Overheated= low appetite. It is as though they have no ventilation for the kitchen so the heat saturates the kitchen.
- second visit to ChanVangarde23Dined on 7/9/2014Had an opportunity to try some more courses. The beef tartare was exquisite. The bibimbap was also really good. The braised pork was a little crispy on the edges for my liking but I find it difficult to fault them for that. We were assigned a secluded table for two and found it difficult to catch the waitresses attention, but it was close to closing time. one minor hiccup doesn't take away from an overall enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Date Spot EVERRomanticDinerfor2Dined on 7/8/2014We sat at the counter and had a personalized experience directly with the chef. The food was superb and the small area with the soft lighting and beautiful decor set the mood perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Korean Food in SeattleFunFoodFinderDined on 7/2/2014Chan Seattle's sign describes it as "Modern Korean Fusion." Having lived in Korea for 1 year, I was disappointed to discover that Chan was (surprisingly) more traditional than I was hoping for. Nonetheless, the menu at least represents Korean food in a fun and flavorful way. The tartare is a playful reference to Yukhoe, a traditional raw-beef Korean dish, that was appreciated. The Stuffed Yubas were also a tasty fusion dish that was not really Korean at all, but it didn't really matter. The cauliflower was unevenly seasoned, the ssam wraps were good, and the remaining dishes we had (japchae and chicken wings) were tasty, but not particularly memorable or unique in their execution. Overall, it's still cool to get Korean in this part of town.Special Features:
- Always deliciousFantayssiaDined on 6/28/2014We love Chan. We don't get there as often as we like, but are always happy when we do. We always have the wings and the escolar and then vary our mains (which are always wonderful). And their drinks are great as well. Definitely a great place for dinner, but definitely make reservations.
- AwesomenessKahunaDined on 6/28/2014For years we passed by wanting to try your restuarant. Disappointed for not coming in sooner. But very happy that we did. We will be back!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding FoodLeabowDined on 6/27/2014Food was absolutely wonderful! If I lived in Seattle this would be a place I would frequent. Everything we ordered was something to rave about!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and fun dishesSnowSnobDined on 6/27/2014This is a great little spot snuggled in the courtyard of the Inn at the Market. I really enjoyed both their happy hour and dinner items. The fried rice cakes were unusual but had great flavor. Their chicken wings were delicious as was the braised short ribs. The only item I wasn't as fond of was the pork belly, which was good but not nearly as good as all the other items. Great little gem. Will definitely visit again soon.Special Features:
- Decent but not goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014I'm Korean so my standards may be different. The food here has decent flavor but comes up short in taste. The prices are high for Korean and they charge extra for getting rice (which is unacceptable to Koreans). I can't fault the prices as their rent must be pretty high. I'm not a fan of Revel either. If you want good korean, go authentic. This "made for" American people menu is not great. The server was cute and attentive.
- Unique dining experienceJohnDined on 6/6/2014I've been to Chan before, and I love the different flavors.Special Features:
- YumN2itDined on 6/6/2014The food was excellent. Our foodie friends from out of town loved it. We discovered this restaurant on a food tour last summer. We knew we had to try this place on our own and it was everything we had hoped it would be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 44 reviews are from the Cha:n Seattle reviews archive.
- Tasty KoreanFoodEnthusiastVIPDined on 5/29/2014We don't eat Korean food often (read almost never) but when I read the reviews for this place I wanted us to try it. Modern-Korean sounded delicious so we decided that we would make a reservation. We had a number of dishes, including pork belly, seafood, noodles etc and everything was very good. The one item that did not really stand out and could be something that was quickly pulled together at home was a salad (with cabbage etc). The place was way smaller than I thought it would be but that was not a problem as we were starving and a delicious Asian meal fit the billSpecial Features:
- Amazing Korean food near the MarketMCK013Dined on 5/23/2014After reading about Cha:n in the Seattle Times on 2 occasions, I was very excited to check it out the next time we were in Seattle. It did not disappoint. The food was amazing. While the restaurant is billed as "modern Korean fusion" we stayed primarily with the Classic Korean recipes. The Kimchi and pork belly was the best I have ever has in the US or in Korea. The seafood pancake, served in an iron skillet, was equally fantastic. My wife's favorite Korean dish is chapjae and it was the best we've ever has, as well. As for the "modern fusion" we did start off with a very tasty spring salad with a variety of vegetables and the flight of flavor infused soju was a very fresh and interesting take. The service was also outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding RestaurantNotBobbyOrrDined on 5/17/2014We were visiting Seattle for the weekend and saw that Chan had been highly rated in the Seattle Times. Even with high expectations, we were very impressed. The food was unique and we loved every dish we ordered. We had our two kids with us (9 and 7) and the chef was very accommodating in going mild on the spices for a couple of dishes. The atmosphere is cool/casual and service was very good.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceTheDerricksDined on 5/9/2014The food was great. Not strictly traditional Korean style dishes, so you can't really compare it that way, the dishes we had were all really great as their own creations though. Good service too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big hit for birthday celebrationvmccDined on 5/3/2014My husband and I went to South Korea a few years ago and fell in love with the food there. For his birthday this year I thought to try something new and not go to our favorite place I searched for Korean restaurants in Seattle. This came highly recommended and I now know why! We at probably half the menu and shared everything between 5 people. We were all full and happy. Really high quality and delicious!Special Features:
- So bombjojoDined on 4/19/2014All I have to say is that if you walk in to a Korean restaurant and there are actual Koreans there, that's a good sign, amazing food, great atmosphere, small spot perfect for date nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st visit to Cha:n!!sweetaznDined on 4/5/2014For my first time visiting Cha:n it was amazing and I loved all the food we order and the drinks we had were all so well made and the rum punch with the hand squeezes juice was a good suit to the drinks!! I definitely am coming back and telling my friends about this place!! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Immediately recommended!AdventureswithAJDined on 4/4/2014Everything that my husband ordered was absolutely phenomenal. We had the Ahi Tuna, the Bulgogi Sliders, the Chicken Wings, the Bibimpap, and the Kimchi Jar. Everything tasted fresh and was full of flavor. All the food was outstanding, but the chicken wings and the Bibimpap were our favorite! The drink menu had a lot of fun cocktails and both my husband and I enjoyed the drinks we ordered. The service was awesome as well! I have already recommended this restaurant to friends whom I know will visit Seattle as we live an hour away!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would go here againBibimbapDined on 3/28/2014The staff were super nice and friendly. Was very patient explaining the food and offering recommendations. We were promptly seated and served. Food was delicious. Would definitely come againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Tantalized PalateSwannyDined on 3/25/2014Best Kimchi I've have ever had. A great twist to Korean food with very generous portions. What a treat to have new awakening to the palate. Very small but cozy restaurant with friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will Be BackEddieDined on 3/25/2014Our group of 5 had a wonderful first time experience. We made reservations with the table ready when we arrived. The service was prompt and our server guided us through the menu. Everyone was very friendly. We started with appetizers from the happy hour menu. We ordered the beef sliders, pork sliders, yubas (2), fried rice cakes (2), tuna tartare, and the chicken wings. All were very good. We didn't have time to order a main dish but the happy hour feast was sufficient. We each had three adult beverages each. The hard ginger lemonade was a favorite. All of this including tip came to $40.00 each. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/21/2014We went with a group, ordered almost the whole menu and shared everything... Delicous! The drinks were original made with their homemade bitters; and the tab was only $40 a person including tip! I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food at great pricesMargaritaDined on 3/18/2014There is nothing comparable to Chan in Washington DC! Creative and affordable are both lacking where I live. Lucky for me, my son lives here so I have an excuse to visit. We made a reservation for 5 but still had a long wait. So best to go in groups of 2-4. We stuck to the favorites on Yelp: sliders, kimchi pork belly, kimchi paella, chicken wings + both desserts. All very tasty! My son ordered the ribs and found them dry. A friend ordered chicken confit and it seemed like a nice option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemfoodieDined on 3/15/2014Our dishes were savory and delicious and were presented beautifully. The service is friendly, we had a wonderful dinner. Sit at the bar so that you can watch the chef create your meal. It shows that this guy likes to cook.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern Classic KoreanHammer118Dined on 3/15/2014Awesome. Spicy pork sliders: *perfect* brioche bun made this dish a comforting opening delight Ssam: Think "asian lettuc wraps". Beautiful presentation that carried a fresh-packed punch of flavor Skillet Bibimbap: Rich, and flavorful. Kimchi Jar: This $3 side should not be passed up. Tangy and spicy in a way that I found hearty Hangover Soup (no longer on the menu): If you must, BEG your server to bring you this dish. A beautiful warming kimshi-laced broth with veggies and pork(/) Rice beer ice cream: A wonderfully different desert that the three of us shared Really a genuinely friendly, patient, and knowledgeable server. Fun eating-centric vibe. Overall, a great little gem just outside of the Pike Place Market. You Gotta eat hereSpecial Features:
- Small Operation with Big FlavoursconstantquantumDined on 3/13/2014A little place tucked into one of the alleys by Pike Market. This is not your everyday "ethnic" restaurant: it is Urban Korean fusion, and it doesn't stink on spice. Expect exquisitely prepared yet affordable and substantial dishes: a seafood ramen that is perfectly cooked and short ribs that melt in the mouth even as they sets off heat sensors. A ginger laced Crème Brule at the end offers a soothing touch. Don't go here if you are shy about chilis or if you want a tranquil quiet setting. Do go there if you want a taste of contemporary Seoul.Special Features:
- Hiden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/12/2014This little place is tucked down an alley right by Pike's Place Market. If you didn't know it was there ... you probably wouldn't. It's a tiny place but it's super cute. It even has an open kitchen so sitting at the bar is an experience! They also do an awesome happy hour and if you sit at the bar you can order off that happy hour menu anytime! Great place, great food, great atmosphere!Special Features: